All Comments on 'Permission'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 124 Comments
roadbirdroadbirdover 13 years ago
quit

going out n doing all that other bullshit

DrPlutonDrPlutonover 13 years ago
Strong story.

I see the conflict in this story as inherent in almost every story with a couple flirting with others or role-playing in public. That said, the couple here needs to talk to each other about things more and possibly go to counseling. Rob, especially, needs to stop being dishonest about fantasies; everybody has them. Kathy, should share more of her mindset with Rob so that they can be the couple with trust and reciprocal knowledge.

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1over 13 years ago
Part 1?

You followed a fairly common template for a lot of your stories, but this was well written. I can understand where you're coming from in leaving stories open ended. It's an interesting mode of writing. But this is one of those where, at least for me, it's more than the plot - it's the characters. You feel for the husband and you sense there's a Greek tragedy coming. He really does love her and, using common sense and your track record with stories, there's not a chance in hell that their marriage will survive. I know a lot of readers will say, what the hell, there are plenty of fish in the sea and let him kick her out and find somebody else. When I read those kind of comments I wonder if these guys have ever REALLY loved a woman. Sure, you can kick out a cheating spouse or girlfriend and find somebody else - or somebodies else. But if it's not just a sexual relationship, it's going to leave a hole in you. Sometimes the holes heal up, sometimes it won't for a lifetime no matter how many other warm bodies you find to share your bed. It reminds me of the old quote that 'those jest at scars who never felt a wound.' Anyway, I'd definitely read a part 2 if you ever felt inclined to write it. Even though I expect it would be a bittersweet experience.

grogers7grogers7over 13 years ago
One of Your Best, perhaps The best

A well developed story. The characters are consistent, and we get to know who they are.

I'd like to see you write chapter two. Kathy has a high libido and loves Rob in her own way: can she live in the same house and not need him enough to realize her love? Rob loves her enough to risk his humiliation to keep her, driven by fear that he will lose her otherwise. She has finally come to the immovable object. He has finally come to the point that he can tell her how much he hates her games, regardless of going along and geting the reward of her unleashed lust.

Can they put their childish ways behind them and grow into a mature couple committed to eachother enough to set aside some of their personal desires in order to have a stronger marriage ? Can thay become a family and raise a family ? Or will they be forever trapped in a marriage of suffused desires: hers to have another man, his to express himself honestly to her. Her fantasy is sex; his fantasy is to tell her the truth. She asks him if he can handle her extramarrital sex, but the real question is can she handle the truth ?

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 13 years ago
Interesting

The two pages of set up was fairly typical, but the last page of discussion between husband and wife, obviously two people who care intensely about each other, was fantastic. Both showed strong emotions and solid, well developed feelings about a difficult subject. Kathy's viewpoint came through much stronger and more clearly than most male authors handle that aspect. It is in my nature to appreciate the description of a strong willed woman, and I do like the way you have handled Kathy's character.

This was also a good story for one of your open ended non endings. Binary forks in the road are simplistic. There is an area near where I live known as seven corners; that might well be a description for the possible paths Rob and Kathy's marriage and relationship could take from the point you ended your tale.

BriteaseBriteaseover 13 years ago
Well done

Like nearly all your stories, but this was one of the better ones.

magmamanmagmamanover 13 years ago
Normally...

Normally I personally dislike stories like this, but I found this one well written and interesting. Far more emotional involvement than typical of many authors, probably including me in that mix.

But I do have a story similar sitting in preview needing work. A partially true one about a honest to God redhead I once knew that wanted "other" experiences, to the point where she actually broke up with me so she could, after meeting adamant refusal from me.

Thus very much a possible scenario, one I am living proof of.

Easy breakup that time, we weren't married. Then God help me, I did marry her two years later.

Same result, harder that time. Women that are broken, there is no fix for. Some of us menfolk really do have 40 point IQ drops over certain redheads.

It's easy to say just walk away, it's damned hard sometimes to do that.

Good effort! A sequel would be nice. Can this be fixed? I suspect likely not.

Thank you,

MGM

louguy35louguy35over 13 years ago
You never do.

"I still don't know what I am going to do." You never do!

looking4itlooking4itover 13 years ago
New Plan?

Seems like your new plan is to leave open ended stories. Are you hoping that others will jump in and take them to different ends? Interesting story, perhaps there will be some to take up the charge to write some endings for us.

xtremeddxtremeddover 13 years ago
Evolving writing style.........

JPB,

Nothing stays the same. Change is the only constant. Boy I’m getting old and I hate that.

Change is by inward or outside influences. Inward. I'll move the wastebasket location after 16 years on the left side under the sink or take my shoes off over here after 10 years of doing it at the table. But, she would never show her boobs when she undressed. Now I am looking right at them. Huh? What changed? That’s influences from others and response (or negative, = reaction) change.

There were some stinging "anonymous" reactions to your last story.

You changed and got good response.

Nice change and great writing/story. Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

PS: 3.2-grade reading level for the anonymous’ in the crowd

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
No guaranteed continuation

He loves her, she loves him. If they stay together she will probably burn him. But, can either of them let the other go? Really good work.

jasonnhjasonnhover 13 years ago
Solid story

I really liked this one. Several times it started going in a direction that I didn't like and then it got pulled back, mostly through the strength of Rob's character. Kathy has the attitude of a selfish, spoiled brat. I want what I want!!! She engages in risky behavior and pushes off her husband's concerns by saying "Don't you trust me?". Well, I might have a friend who is a demolitions expert but I still wouldn't want him playing around with plastic explosives in my home. Kathy is reckless in looking for her next thrill. She is also manipulative and dishonest. She didn't have a fantasy, she had a specific plan for a hookup with another guy. The only thing she needed to do was spin a story that her husband would accept. She stupidly keeps saying it isn't cheating but as soon as she lied to her husband abut her intent and the circumstances it WAS cheating. Rob was EXACTLY right and said it very clearly. She played him for a fool and THAT undermines the marriage. And because it was about sex it undermined the marriage severely. Kathy doesn't see what she did wrong. Her apologies are simply given because he is so angry. She will calm him down and then do it all over again, probably being more sneaky about it. I can really relate to Rob. A reasonably strong guy can want to do things to keep his woman happy, especially when the result is joyful sex. Unfortunately he lets it get out of control. He reasons that if he doesn't give in that she will eventually do it (cheat) anyway and that will end the marriage. However, the fact that Kathy is willing to do this over his strong objections means the marriage is already in serious trouble. Capitulation to, essentially, blackmail is never a good idea. He is allowing an action that he KNOWS is fundamentally wrong for his marriage to appease Kathy. The right answer is , "NO, I don't trust your judgment if you think this is a good idea". The shit would, of course, hit the fan at that point but at least he would have remained true to his beliefs. This story points out, once again, that the sex is not the essential problem element in an affair. It is the disrespect and dishonesty. There was no sexual cheating in this story but the damage was just as great. This was a well crafted story and the monologues by Rob make some points very clear. Well done.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 13 years ago
Their relationship is too one-sided

The whole relationship is always what Kathy wanted, her sexual drive causing the situations that was the source of discomfort to

rob.

I wonder how she would feel if Rob would have said that she could fuck another guy, if she watched him with another woman first, and when she did do it with another man, he wouldn't be there because he would be busy with his own sex affair.

Even if he would be bluffing, and may not find another woman, she wouldn't know that, and it would make her think that she isn't the only one that could play this dangerous game.

That's how I wanted the story to end.

Thanks Bob, like you have stated before, let the reader find the ending that suits them.

KirkelKirkelover 13 years ago
These are the kind I like.

Good one. I'd like a little more closure but these are the ones I piddle through and even read your wimp crap, hoping to see something redemptive, usually disappointed, then get to read this. I like it!

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 13 years ago
Pretty good JPB story.

This was well-written and fairly plausible. It captured the emotions just right. My only quibble was the idea of letting Kathy do one stranger, because "it's going to happen anyway." As if this really keeps a lid on it. Once Rob gives in on some cheating (and I do feel it's cheating, out in the open or behind one's back -- it's sex with another, clearly against the other partner's wishes), then there is no going back, as they say.

The genie is out of the bottle and next, it will be a bunch of nagging to try it again, despite the promises of just trying it this "one time." My logic is simple -- if the sex with another man would be a disappointment, then why do it? If the sex would be stupendous, then it very clearly threatens the marriage. Sex with one's spouse would then become unexciting and Rob will sense it (never mind "When Harry Met Sally" and the faked orgasms). Then Rob will feel inadequate, because he'll be competing against her fantasy lover, a competition that is virtually unwinnable. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
It seems to me...

that some people here are missing the whole point of open-ended stories ie. that the outcome is always what the reader wants it to be.

It's the same reason books are better than films because the main characters always look just how you imagined they should.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 13 years ago
Well, I liked it.

Yes, I liked it. It was well written and open ended with the possibility of things going in several directions. Good effort, JPB.

PaulHayabusaPaulHayabusaover 13 years ago
Hey, magmaman

I´ll look forward to see your true story!!!

And JPB, can you finish a story???

slow_n_gentleslow_n_gentleover 13 years ago
Well Written

An enjoyable open end story on a subject that seems to raise the blood pressure of the LW readership. You handled it well. They can now comment for the next week on how it should end. Congrats

Mandy01Mandy01over 13 years ago
Good one Bob

This one is a pearler! I’m now in a dilemma, which way to go with the ending? I can see the problem from both sides. While Kathy was in the wrong, so caught up with her own fantasies and not taking time to understand what they were doing to Rob; Rob was also in the wrong by not coming clean with his own objections.

It the story Rob says, “You know how reluctant I was to let you do it to begin with so you should have made damned sure that everything you did was out in the open and completely above board.”

The same could be said for Rob about coming clean as to why he settled on allowing Kathy her fantasy. Kathy says, “The fact that you will trust me to do it just makes the bond between us all that much stronger."

When in fact it was the distrust that made him capitulate in the end and he should have come clean himself. Accusing Kathy of not laying out all her cards is a tad hypocritical in my book.

That said, there wouldn’t have be a good story if Bob hadn’t had them fail in some way, and I really saw no glaring inconsistencies. Certainly no malicious vindictiveness on her part and no really wimpiness on his, just two people trying to get through the rigors of life and love the best they can.

Amanda

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
The decision is clear enough...

...Rob needs to dump his selfish, manipulative, cheating wife and move on with his life.

There's been a lot of well-reasoned commentary on this story, but the vast majority of it has ignored the simple logic of the situation presented in the plot.

Kathy has a couple serious problems. First, she's selfish. She wants what she wants, and is capable of callously manipulating people around her until she gets her way. For the last several years, she's been manipulating Rob. He's obviously uncomfortable with that "sex in public places" routine, but Kathy enjoys it and constantly wants more - and more daring! - variations of that scenario. She uses the notions of "love" and sex to manipulate Rob into giving her those repeated experiences. The fact that Rob doesn't get out of those times what she gets out of it is immaterial to her, so long as her desires are slaked.

Second, she has a serious problem with an "addiction" to the "high" she gets from pushing the envelope when it comes to sex. Somehow, she got to the point where sex with Rob in the bedroom no longer gave her the maximum "high", in terms of the "power" of her orgasms. Instead, she could only achieve those earth-shattering orgasms through having sex in public places, where there was the risk of getting caught.

Then came her "prostitution" fantasies, which seem to have taken the place of sex-in-public-places as her method of achieving her best orgasms. I'm surprised that it never occurred to Rob to wonder if - when she closed her eyes in the throes of her orgasms after one of those "almost-pick-ups" - if she was seeing Rob, or the "other man" as the lover pounding away at her.

Now, it's apparently gotten to the point where sex with Rob no longer does it for her, at all. That's really what's happening, mentally, when a woman begins to seriously entertain the fantasy of taking another lover. In Kathy's case, the excuse that she's never had any lover but Rob is a shabby attempt to justify her desire to step outside the bonds of their marriage for sex.

And, then, there's the final confrontation scene, and its aftermath. Rob overhears enough of the front-porch conversation to understand that he's been played for a patsy. Kathy and Hal have been planning this "event" for a minimum of two months. And, in the conversation that ensues after Hal has been chased off, Kathy finally admits to lying to Rob about "going out to some lounge or other, and seeing what she could pick up". She and Hal had it all planned out, in advance.

She also lied to Rob about not being able to remember what she and Hal said to each other on the way from the car to the front door. In the heat of later conversation, she is suddenly able to remember Hal saying that he hoped she was worth the wait he had endured. And that would only spur Rob to remember her reply: "Oh I am sweetie. I can promise you that you won't be disappointed." It's apparently no longer just a matter of Kathy getting to experience some other man's sexual prowess. She's into this from the standpoint of GIVING pleasure to some man who meets her standards of desirability from both a physical and personality standpoint.

She's found someone else that she really cares enough about to want to give him maximum pleasure. Just like she once regarded Rob.

Rob needs to wise up and think straight. Sure, it's going to hurt him to walk away from Kathy and their marriage, because he really DOES love her. But Rob was right, when he told Kathy that her lies had destroyed his trust in her. Trust in one's spouse is an absolute requirement, if the marriage is to work and last. A lifetime's worth of trust is easily destroyed by one lie that can be proved.

Rob needs to face the facts. Kathy will ALWAYS try to manipulate him in order to get whatever it is that she wants at that moment in time. Right now, it's this "one-time shot with another man, to see what it's like". In a year or two (or maybe only a month or so!), it will be Kathy wanting one more shot with Hal, "because - when we did it the last time, we were both so nervous that he couldn't get it up again after I had him in my pussy, and I wanted to feel him in my ass..." or some similar reason.

Eventually, it's going to be some NEW guy, because "...my girlfriend Connie says he's got at least eight inches, and he's as thick as a beer-can, and I'd really love to find out what a really BIG cock feels like!" Her fantasies of other lovers could go on forever.

Rob could suggest that he get "equal time" with some other woman, but that wouldn't work, because Kathy will always drop back to her "I was a virgin when we got married. You'd already sowed all sorts of wild oats!" routine.

Face it. Rob just needs to lay it out for her:

"Kathy, it's over. You lied to me, and that's destroyed the trust I had in you, and I don't know if we can ever get back to the point where I CAN trust you, again. And, even that's not the worst of it. If I let you have Hal, what's next? Some guy who's supposedly hung like a horse, all because you have a fantasy of having a really BIG cock? Does it go on, to you bringing home a guy or two, because now you have a fantasy of having a guy in your ass and a guy in your pussy at the same time? Or two guys plus me, because you have a fantasy of having all three holes filled?

And what, then? What if sex with little old boring Rob just isn't enough for you to get off on, once you've had your big cock, and your threesome and your foursome? And, even if it DOES stop with Hal, I'm always going to be wondering whose face you see when you close your eyes during sex - his or mine? It's just not going to work out, Kathy. So I might as well cut you free so that you con go on and live out all your little fantasies at your leisure. Me? I want a girl who can say that I'm her only fantasy, and be telling the truth. Goodbye!"

And then kick her butt to the curb.

bartolobartoloover 13 years ago
Enjoyable story though repetative

I liked this story but fail to understand why Kathy needs these fantasies. And this last one of having sex with another other than her loving husband and their bedroom amazes me. Why don't the couple settle on having a family. That way, at least, Kathy will have something to occupy for mind. And as an commenter as already said, the story does not appeared to have a logical ending as yet. I mean, what happens now? Maybe Kathy will aspire to become a porn queen?

Wonder_OneWonder_Oneover 13 years ago
Recognition for a good story

Good stories take work, JPB worked on this one and it shows. Page three was where the good stuff for me. I definitely would read a follow on story, especially with an unusual ending.

trojan5678trojan5678over 13 years ago
Loved the story!

Hope you continue this one, no matter which way it may go. Great story!

bdoggriffenbdoggriffenover 13 years ago
great story

I think this one really needs an ending. One thing I liked was that you showed us why the husband would love this wife. She brought so much excitement to his life. She was the adventuresome one of the pair. She made him feel alive. Don't agree with throw her to the curb group. Also, I don't think she necessarily needs to become a slut and I hope she doesn't. But it was well written in that what he loved about her is also what has brought them to this cliff in their marriage. Great job. I agree with all those who say one of your best. Please finish it.

Ducky7Ducky7over 13 years ago
All right end it. Kiss and make up

Then fuck her ass off. Plug all of her holes with dick, your's or Hal's or both but put her out of her misery.

2ndThoughts2ndThoughtsover 13 years ago
Sad/Hurtful

JPB, another really great read!

You described them both so well, the story was intriguing, absorbing and I had to read it twice.

I think, all of us know, I've read the other comments, that they are going to end up apart and that is sad because they were really special together.

She was (slightly) dishonest in her handling and admitted that she had seen apartment guy a few times (no sex without telling him) and that alone would eat at him. She, being determined, would ultimately have her trysts, most likely with apartment guy but, they would end up apart...and no reconciliation...too bad, I liked them. Her need and urges were too strong and she had to know, the cost was hurtful, whether or not she would regret it - probably but who knows. He is strong willed and in reflection he would always wish she wasn't a virgin when they married, he would always love her and hate/despise her. A tragedy for both of them.

Too bad..sad/hurtful!

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Rob is far to rigid in his thinking.

First JPB had certainly invented an original story and as always, his stories are well written and easy to follow.

Rob lacks understanding of human nature and it always his way or the highway regarding cheating or lying. He said that before they were married, it would have been okay if she had of had 50 guys. However, before or after makes little difference.

Nevertheless, since he cannot accept any lying or cheating, no matter how minor, they need to get a divorce and she can play for a few months while she and Rob also date. Then he can ask her to marry him and perhaps everything will be fine. Then again, maybe not.

Kathy needs to settle down and stop pushing to have other men getting her hot before having sex with Rob.

Although there is a very slight risk of being caught, the other option is for Kathy to have sneaky sex several times with another man or a couple of men. Rob thinks he could tell because Kathy wouldn't be able to keep it a secret. However, he is judging her by thinking she is like him. The fact is, females of most all species including humans excel at sneaky sex. It is an evolutionary characteristic that is in their genes. Therefore, unless in the highly unlikely event that Rob just happened to catch her, he would never know.

Studies by British biologist Robin Baker, Ph.D. and others have established that women are not faithful to their mates. Instead they are designed to keep their options open. Typically the superior males make poor mates so women select a dependable and good provider and then, when ovoluting, select the best available genes for their egg when given a low risk opportuntity.

Danger09Danger09almost 12 years ago
That's what happens

When some fantasies should just stay just that-- a fantasy! I knew where her games was leading him to... Like rob said Its not his fault she was a virgin when they got married.. She can't use the "virgin" card it was her choice. It was sort of robs fault; to me as a reader, I thought that things were getting a bit out of control especially when she started dressing slutty & standing on street corners.... He should've put his foot down before he got his nose busted... It's ok to play certain fantasies, but hers was just crazy... I couldn't believe he agreed to let her have her one fling, I can almost guarantee that she would've kept pushing for more... Shit her next fantasy might've been a bigger cock & a gangbang..... If I was rob I would've told the stupid slut NO ! There wouldn't have been any thinking about it & writing down pros/cons, she absolutely set him up! And the way she kept trying to get him to watch was ridiculous I have a feeling it would turn her on to have her husbands dick mixing in with "Hals" cum, she just seems like that kind of freak....I felt a little bad for rob, he loves his wife but it seems he couldn't say NO to her destructive behavior, just because you love someone that doesn't give them the right to walk all over you.... I'm not understanding why she got so hot just because guys paid attention to her-- doesn't she know that men are born dogs, they don't care if your pretty or look like dog shit as long as they can get in your panties they will pay attention to you... I hope that rob wise up because she's not going to stop...

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
Divorce

the bitch. Of course she was lying.

lv2travel2lv2travel2over 11 years ago
Loved it!

Finally a man who acts like a man and will not stand to be cucked!

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 11 years ago
Pleasantly surprised, JPB

At last a story with a strong statement!

You´ve written various stories; most too wimpy. This one is definately one of your best.

robinhodrobinhodover 11 years ago
Wow!

Not only is this, in my view, the best story JPB has submitted, but entertainingly, the comments are of a vastly more intelligent quality than usual.

My favorite authors have complimented him.

Most of the idiots are noticeable by there absence.

For what it's worth, I thought the ending is fine. I'm imagining that our hero is telling the story whilst it's new and raw - this makes it all the more powerful. Anything after this would let down the tension.

Well done JPB, I just wish you'd respond to personal emails.

BTTapBTTapover 11 years ago
That was interesting.

I haven't read many JPB stories. There are so many, I'm almost afraid to get hooked, or I'll spend the better part of my true free time of the next 6 months working my way through his catalogue. Plus, I have read several, and didn't like most of them very much. That said, there are gems, too, including this one.

A very different take on the wife asking for permission premise. It actually explored a legitimate alternative. Hubby giving begrudging permission (just this one time) was actually an act of MISTRUST in the wife. Interesting.

I guess since this is technically an erotica story site, I shouldn't be too surprised, and shouldn't complain too much, when a female character is so completely sex-driven. I mean, doesn't work, friendships, family, hubby, home, and hobbies occupy enough of her time and effort? Nevertheless, the premise of a woman being obsessed with sex to the degree that this wife was seems absurd.

I liked that the confrontation was over hubby perceiving that she set him up and wasn't completely honest with him about the circumstances of her hook-up. I also liked that the author gave us a legit perspective from wife that holds water, too-she wasn't completely honest, but she actually did show clear thinking. She lied (maybe lied by omission, mostly) to save hubby from further concern and worry, not to mislead him: she was, after all, honest and upfront with him in seeking permission.

The part that the hubby brings up, and isn't addressed is legit: if wife was always coming home right after work since the last encounter with this Hal character, then when were these various encounters with him that she described? The other thing that occurred to me, that would be very disturbing to me, was her willingness to fulfill her fantasy over legitimate concerns from hubby that the marriage wouldn't survive it, and clear expressions from hubby that he was agreeing to it because he thought she would do it behind his back, and that it would hurt him. That is callous behavior by the wife. Even if she was convinced of his love for her, and hers for him, she still was willing to do something that would hurt him to satisfy her curiosity.

I don't even have that much of a problem with her fishing for him to okay her plan: some stories have the marriage ruined by the very asking of the question. I think it is a fair subject to broach. But, anyone who goes ahead with it in these circumstances seems like a major league selfish bitch.

I haven't checked to see if there is a sequal, but I will read it if there is one.

Great, thought- and emotion-provoking story. 5*

solotorosolotoroover 11 years ago
You seem to make an interesting point

Is the worst part of an affair the sex act or the act of betrayal? Is it more likely that the sex can be forgiven than the trust rebuilt? Food for thought. Perhaps the pain of the past betrayal isn't as difficult to get through as the pain of all the future betrayals that the victim lives with in his head every day of his life.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
WHAT I'M GONNA DO IS HARD TO TELL

I'm not going to kill...but might as well...TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Excellent

The husband was no cuck and proved it. The wife is a slut wannabe and this marriage is on life support. Great tale.

2ndThoughts2ndThoughtsabout 11 years ago
Of Course - I'm A Guy...So

Good story, great read, stimulating and provocative, totally enjoyable.

Okay, I understand her and I understand him. She likes the thrills, doesn't want a lover BUT wants to try something different and out of the norm for a married couple. I don't think she wanted this to be a regular event and in her mind, if he agreed it would be an us thing. Big problem, Hal did turn her on and excite her, he did get her hornies going and picking him for the supposed one time thing - major screw up!

Hubby, it took a lot and he understood her, didn't like it but rationally he knew and figured a one time thing could be arranged but - no more. Hearing and seeing Hal, all rational understanding gone, totally gone.

Okay, do they make it? Depends on her! Does she back off and eventually just get into playful things or does she run into Hal who continue to work her and convince her that she owes him...or, eventually she wants to try again only with a different guy.

Personally, I think he'll come around to recognizing her explanation but the opportunity in his mind would now be over so...it's up to her! I think he wants to stay married but only in a monogamous marriage.

Thanks again JPB!

SensateSensatealmost 11 years ago
Another excellent story from JPB

Loved the back and forth conversations hitting incisively on each relevant point of contention. Wish I could talk to my wife like that. Gave it a well deserved 5.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

DIVORCE is what you do.

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
Of course you know what you're doing

You'd already made up your mind when you told her she hadn't been honest with you and you didn't trust her. Without trust there is no marriage. Just move out and file for the divorce. You're done and you know it.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
Get a new wife, this one will cheat and cheat again. She has the desire and ....

and has lied to you multiple times. Get rid of her if it breaks your hears, she will do it eventually so dump her now.

krosis666krosis666over 10 years ago
ah...duh?

Is this guy completely brain-dead? She has been cheating on him for months. He has no way of knowing how many guys she has been Fucking while he was waiting to "come to the rescue". Everytime she told him "I really really wanted to". How many times was there that he didn't get there in time to stop it? How many lunch times that he doesn't know about? It doesn't take a half an hour for a woman to go to the bathroom, while he was send outside time wait like a good little boy.

Her fantasy wasn't that she wanted to fuck another man - she was doing that a lot already. No, her fantasy was to throw it in her husband's face while making him think it was with his permission.

Burn all cheaters!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

leave the story without an ending is the cheapest way to make it more attractive

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

but you should tell at the beginning

"hey I used this trick in this again"

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Reluctantly

It's over!

He realizes that she most likely hasn't cheated...yet - but, he knows it will happen and not because she doesn't love him because she does but she just has to find out, it's too obsessive a need.

Reluctantly, totally loving her, he will go for a divorce and try to move on. Does he love her - yes, will he not want a divorce - yes - BUT, her games, her needs and carrying on will grow and grow and they will end up in a nasty divorce! Better now while she is still faithful(?) and hasn't cheated...YET!

Gingerely cohabitating at the moment will only grow to miserable confrontations, threats and angry adultery...get it over.

Good story, Thanks!

ParttimereaderParttimereaderover 9 years ago
Bob each way

Btb says shes cheating toss her ass

Raac guys say no she hasn't get on with life without games

Agree with others need to man up JPB and FTDS

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
WHAT HE IS GOING TO DO

is hard as Hell, I don't think he'll kill himself, O Well. TK

mike9698mike9698over 9 years ago
its real simple

the damn pussy should grow a spine. tell her flat out if they stay togather no more flirting no more of the games she wants. and for damn sure no other men. then he should cheak up on her. dont take her word for it.if she is still having contact with hal divorce her ass.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 9 years ago
Time to bring down the curtains on this marriage or ....

The reason why she tried to play him like a chump is that she doesn't know his pain. What if he bonded with another woman who wanted tp tryst with him. Kathy is apparently a very desirable woman who is not content and is secure that she has gpt him.

The game is 'on' 'but with the best games the risk is mutual. Did Brad Pitt ever sweat Jennifer Anniston or Le' Jolie catting around. Hell no- if they go beyond the boundaries of the marriage, they will be replaced in short order. Kathy is 'bored'. No one should be bored but does she realize her husband's worth. He should either divorce her or start playing too, showing his worth and appeal to the opposite sex.

This wouldn't be easy . Perhaps he is a one man woman but one thing is for sure. How fantastic would it be for Kathy to be racked by the same doubts and insecurities that she has brought to him ? Very well written and provocative story by JPB btw, ome of many. Full marks *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I would never do anything that you weren't aware of

So she told him of her seeing him at the bar during the past 6 months? She told him about his constantly trying to talk her into cheating? She told him about their plan to get him to agree to it?

What a skank. Sometimes life knocks you down, but you have to get back up and get on with it. He needs to jettison the skank.

fifteen16fifteen16over 9 years ago
Best

One of the best stories of this type with a long build up of fantasies enacted out, they were having fun because everything was open and above board as they say. Her extreme feeling of compulsion to be with another man and his strong reticence about it was a recipe for disaster, they were not on the same page and yes she was deceitful about Hal, she first made an agreement with Hal and then persuaded her husband into agreeing to her wish, one little act of deceit can bring on much wailing and gnashing of teeth but where does their marriage go now, it seems like they are still in love but an enormous chasm has opened up between them. There should be another chapter, if there is perhaps someone will let me know.

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
Too bad JPB didn't take the story farther.

A married woman going to happy hour by herself is worse than a girl's night out, and I hate girl's night out, especially on a regular basis.

SigintSigintabout 9 years ago
Well Written

That was real.

ohyessssssohyessssssalmost 9 years ago
bye

Send the whore in her way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
All he needs to know is 6 months.

In that time frame there is no way she hasn't gotten her ashes hauled numerous times. Face it. She's a lying, cheating slut and no matter what she says, he's always going to wonder if she's telling him the truth about anything. That's no way to live. Time to get a divorce. Good story Bob, until you didn't finish it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Divorce Her

Leave her and divorce her lying ass.

sinsational83sinsational83about 8 years ago
REALLY ????

Your going to finish this right ?? Up until the ending you had a GREAT story going.

cyferxcyferxover 7 years ago
Finish this please

Definitely a good story and we all want to see how it ends. BTB or reconciliation? Or reconciliation and yet he can't handle someone else fucking her, so divorce anyway? Got to know! Get to it! :-D

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I can see Rob saying the following:

"Sorry, Kathy, but after finding out that you've been deliberately fucking my mind over for the last six months, I really have to tell you that I don't care to be around you anymore. You've pretty much killed whatever I felt for you. And trust? That's fucking ashes now too. Anyways I'm leaving, so you can do whatever, and whoever you want. And whatever happens, leave me the fuck out of it."

*turns around, picks up duffle bags, and walks out the door, leaving his wedding band on the kitchen table

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1* for a bad ending

cuck-boy wont leave the whore .

so the sooner she brings him a strong dose of aids the better .

he deserves it for not divorcing asap .

1* cuck-faggot ending .

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 7 years ago
Cheating Already

Hubby asked Sweetie if she thought her 'watching fantasy' would be satisfied with a single tryst with one guy ... suspecting Sweetie would think (and say) 'yes!'. But Hubby knew that, after one, her fantasy would expand to several guys, then several times with the most satisying guy. That would lead to an emotional relation between Sweetie and her lover, PERHAPS not strong enough to threaten their marriage, but perhaps so!

Well, her relationship with Hal has ALREADY developed well beyond what could have happened with a 'zipless fuck' with a stranger! They have met repeatedly, admitted attraction, discussed intimacy, developed plans. It is ALREADY an affair, coitus or not!

I would have preferred that Hubby simply told Hal to take her to his apartment and keep her until he (and his friends) were tired of her. Then wait until Sweetie packed enough of her stuff for 3-4 days, and have her call when she wanted to either, a) sit down and discuss the future of their marriage; or, b) schedule gathering the rest of her belongings! Unfortunately, Hubby did not have the same amount of planning time as Sweetie enjoyed!

5 and favorite. If it had ended more decisively, I would erase half of my other favorites!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Just like hanging chad

hanging endings are worth less of a score... Come on JPB finish it one way or another... Most readers have already and they went both ways... now you choose

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wife's refusal to go quietly into the night

The position Kathy uses points to a lack of understand of just what is a circle of trust. The idea of wanting to cool or settle a fantasy of being with another man is no desire or pent up sexual curiosity, its simply the real fact and denial Kathy fell out of love in her marriage and simply wants out. The real desire is being chased, wooed and having everything brought, bought and paid for like a princess. Try being a hot desirable woman ( scale of 10/10) and walk into a night club, every guy not with a date is going on the chase. Kathy perhaps (in my opinion) did have an affair perhaps sometime after the curb side incident and since Rob has not asked her specific questions, Kathy has not given full complete truths. The Man in question is someone Kathy perhaps has found more attractive and someone much more desirable as a mate than Rob, thus Kathy without conflict and remorse will simply use this approach to push out Rob. What lies ahead, divorce. There is no trust and not much a marriage counselor can do to repair the damage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
finish the darn story

Another incomplete one for you collection. When a woman set her mind like she did you better leave her the faster you can. I have no idea what he's still doing in the house. Her fantasy is more important than her marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Read the comments first, may save you some time.

You know this author doesn't finish a lot of the stories. Read the comments first, it will save you reading something without an ending. There are some authors in this category that think it's fashionable to not end stories, much to the chagrin of most readers. This is one of them. I give an automatic one star to any unfinished story. It's my way of saying, you just wasted my time.

MbgdallasMbgdallasover 6 years ago
Anonymous 8/13/17

Glad you have an imagination and can just make stuff up.

She has done nothing to indicate she wants out of this marriage. All she has done is fund a guy she wants to fuck and was dishonest with her husband about going about it. Is that good or smart? No. But if a man loves his wife the. It doesn’t have to be fatal. It will take a lot of work on her part to get over it and a lot of understanding in her part as to why she is going to be questions and distrusted.

The way this author has written this it is clear they love each other but are just not on the same page. They just need to work together to put the pieces back together. She probably has lost all opportunity to realize her fantasy but that is the price she pays for her dishonesty.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Finish this

Come on Jpb.... finish this . Or be the newest condom eater here

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Imagination?

To Mbgdallas, hope you respond, each story on this website inspires and promotes imagination. More over, most stories are the work of an authors imagination which sparks the imagination of the readers. This story, in my opinion can be a tool to learn from. Do events or real life dramas exist similar to what was told in this three page story? Yes of course, both you and anon 8/13/17 are both right, does Kathy want out of the marriage? yes and no, yes with this constant and ever building desire to have sex with other men in some single living care free sorority lifestyle. and no where she wants a thrill with no boundaries and her husbands approval so family friends cannot be shocked with her actions thus giving her guilt free excuse similar to a hall pass.

Did Kathy cheat that answer is or will come from the author everything else is speculation or based on circumstantial evidence. hint.. most trials are determined by court of public opinion. So if Kathy was aroused and desires built up by being chased and wooed by single men in bars and night clubs I would bet on the side that yes there was lunch time meetings and early departures from work so that any activities cannot be discovered by Rob.

now Hal or the apartment guy I cannot believe such a guy would just sit pay for drinks for six months and not get anything in return not even a visit to his apartment. Perhaps that is why Kathy changed different clubs and bars she too was becoming too noticeable among the single crowd as a woman taking but not giving.

lastly can their marriage survive I agree it will take lots of work on both parts and more with Kathy. Kathy will have to accept understand and acknowledge Rob's feelings and beliefs in regards to the marriage, what it means to be married and accept the boundaries of being a wife. I know after the age of 30 many ask am I still desirable to others, well the most important though should be about what your spouse feels and thinks.

great story it still needs an ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
morale of the story

With three pages and a gloomy ending for this couple all due to a lack of communication. Clearly needs desires and passions are not meet and lack of or not respect of feelings or acknowledgment of fears within the marriage are not discussed. Kathy assunes "we will be fine" in actuality Rob is not fine and will never be fine with extra marital sex between Kathy and another man. The commented idea Kathy loves Rob is true however Kathy is not in love which is a completely different feeling and emotion. Hence, Kathy would never have lied about choosing Hal and continuing to bring the said Hal into their marital home and bed. The true morals of this story swinging sharing swapping extra marital what ever is truely rewarding in movies and print (fiction) not real life. Want to act single and care free be chased and wooed then stay single. Want to know what life is like in the meat market life style try visiting a bar or night club with your girlfriend or wife and see how much disrespect you get from other men trying to "score tail" even in front of you. If you are married stay that way and focused otherwise stay single and avoid the real hardships

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
That's It?

Your penchant for unfinished stories continues to decrease your score. You afraid the btb brigade will cry foul for a reconciliation? Fear the cuck crew whining if he refuses the cream pie? Pick a direction and live with it. Not choosing is a choice, too: a wimpy, bad choice. Man up, Bob.

Finchy1955Finchy1955about 6 years ago
..?

Why bother writing a story if you dont finish them (again) because you are good at writing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
finish it

I agree with some others. We don't come to this site to read unfinished stories, of which you have more than a few!!!

chytownchytownalmost 6 years ago
JPB All The Way***

Thanks for sharing. I like your style from back in the day.

HikingThruHikingThruover 5 years ago
unfinished does not mean unclear...

JPB doesn't complete every story, but it's usually clear what he thinks will happen. Here, her obsessive compulsions seem very much to control her actions. The earlier risk-taking for thrills, and then her rush to try strange without taking the time he offered to really consider the downsides. She met with Apartment Guy for two months! Hubby predicted a very narrow path to getting through this mess, and she quickly took them off into the gutter.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 5 years ago
Dump her and find a better woman

A one man woman. If she does this, then she will escalate more and more and soon she will ask her husband to set up gang bangs for her. She is damaged.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
This only ends in divorce...

...so get it done. If you are happily married, you don't want someone else. It's not complicated. Sooner or later, she's stepping out on him.

TajfaTajfaover 4 years ago
Why leave this unfinished?

You are a really, really good writer but I can't understand why you leave so many stories unfinished. A few more paragraphs would do it, maybe some joint counselling sees her realise she won't get any better than Rob and how hurtful she has been or he just can't take it anymore and leaves with regret but please just finish the story.

This was headed to 4 or 5 stars but now only 3 as unfinished.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Where is the rest?

You stopped the story half way completed. What is there is good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
You’re SOL folks

JPB has the attention span of a toddler on speed. He leaves 80-90 percent of his stories unfinished because he looses interest. It pisses me off to no end too, but I keep coming back because he’s such a damned good writer. He’d be an awesome professional writer if he could just somehow figure out how to finish the job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Sorry......not finished.....

However, it could have been a very short story. When she first started this shit it should have been NO, NO, NO, No and if not Divorce her. Agree she it keeps upping the ante and he pays the price having to pull her ass out of the fire. Nope BTB.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Last time I...

bother with any story of this person's.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
divorce

divorce her she can;t be trusted every, she only wants you to watch ,so she can hurt your heart ,that another man please her more , stop being a wimp.

vickitvohiovickitvohioalmost 4 years ago
Still a great one

...still needs a conclusion, but loved it. I’d file on her. Maybe still go through counseling.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not cheated..............

so far but this story needs a conclusion, BOB, you have got enough comments asking for a final part......or is you dont know how (just baiting you into doing it lol).

JJ

jd3608jd3608over 3 years ago

Some stories illicit a strong visceral reaction as I read them. My heart starts beating faster, my face gets hotter and reddens. This story did that until the end. If it were me, I couldn't have let it get that far, but when Rob realizes that he's been manipulated and lied to (yes he was lied to even if it's by omission), I couldn't stay in a marriage where trust was gone. No matter how much I loved her, I would always wonder when she would with permission or not, cheat. The fact that she didn't feel that any of her actions were cheating, just because she hadn't slept with anyone yet, is mind boggling. Seeing how she not only planned and manipulated Rob for months, but most importantly saw nothing wrong, would end the relationship for me. Without trust the relationship is doomed and by the way she played him, I doubt that the trust she threw away would ever return. Great Story, just left me flat with no ending. Since JPB isn't going to, I'm sure that someone could FTDS!

timrivtimrivover 3 years ago

Hubby needs to grow a pair and put his ego aside and go to counseling. She never cheated and said she would never behind his back. They obviously love each other but we’re playing with fire. Need to talk it out. Good story though.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

She didnt cheat but after six months of meeting up with him, she had to have developed some emotional feelings for him.

She also destroyed the trust that a marriage needs, she lied to him, she set it up to fuck a this guy from the start. Her ass would be deeply embedded into the curb after she was tossed onto it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not sure why some are upset with no story ending.

Stories such as this offers the readers the opportunity to think of their own alternative endings. Does he leave, does he stay, do they go to counseling?

My ending would be simply to leave her and not look back. If she hasn't gotten it by now, then by the time she does, it will already be too late. It's best to leave before children are involved. She keeps upping the ante that he firmly believes to end in a train wreck. He"s already lost some, if not all trust for her already. Apparently her sex drive is running out of control and she did lie. Rob is correct, it isn't worth the cost. What if the guy pulled out a weapon in the hall? After having sex with the first guy, it would simply be too much having to wonder when she would want it again. She seems to think it's exciting, he wants nothing of it. Cut your losses and divorce and move on.

skruff101skruff101over 3 years ago

JPB loves creating the stupid and gullible idiots, his work is littered with them. The fact that this cretin didn’t walk away tells you he’s buying the garbage spewing out of her mouth. Yeah he’s gonna stay, she’s gonna wear him down so she can get some more strange.

Ain’t love grand.

And the reason some of us want a proper ending, good or bad is because as humans we like everything tied up in a nice bow, beginning middle and end. Oh I hear you say real life isn’t like that it’s messy, well that’s the point, none of the stories on these sites are supposed to be about real life, it’s all fantasy.

For those of us lacking imagination we need to have an ending given to us lol

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Bob just can’t seem to finish a story.

kencorokencoroalmost 3 years ago

Read three pages for no ending. What a waste

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaalmost 3 years ago

Come on, FTDS.... kencoro and 26thNC are right, a lot of talk and no ending, just an open story.... He needs to kiss her ass goodbye. She may NOT have had sex with Hal but she had 2 months of planning, lying, and scamming her husband. She wanted to cheat on her clueless husband from that first guy in the limo 6 months ago. She is a selfish slut and WILL probably cheat anyway so divorce her slutty ass and move on. 2/5 stars for an incomplete tale.

SunnyU2SunnyU2almost 3 years ago

doesn't need an ending. I like it as is

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Think

Think he should test her out by having her come home straight from work and only go out in his company.Also check the hours she is at work with phone calls or a spy.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Easy divorce her

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Divorce her. No woman is worth the head games this bitch is playing. He has to sit there and watch her get hit on, fondled, etc so she can get ready for hot sex with him? He goes along with that shit? Much of her behavior is a power trip; she wanted him to watch because she wants the thrill of openly cuckolding her husband.Unless he is into that, he needs to put her into the rear-view mirror, fast.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Unsure

What is he unsure about? There is only one thing he can do and that is dump her.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Obviously should have cut her loose a LONG time ago.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

why did he put up with her for so long anyway? Just divorce. It sounds like it will be clean and easy as there are no kids etc. No way you can survive with her. The stress alone will kill you.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...