Petticoat Mall

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lexie giggled.

"Mr Bryant had an appointment now so we must let him go. Come through with me Lexie and I'll brief you."

"Very well but if it's a low offer you'll disappoint me."

"It's the only one I've got."

"Do you know what a petticoat is Mr Bryant?"

"I've never removed the older version but when I was a boy I was an after-school contract strawberry picker on that farm from the age of six till fifteen. Grandma Clough was still alive and roaring then and she was our supervisor and lorded over us wearing just a big black hat, a huge bra, long lacy knickers and two or three petticoats."

"Oh god, I've seen pictures of her dressed like that in the city museum. One of them commissioned by 'National Grower' was apparently used by many newspapers throughout the country as an example of the continued existence of ye olde country woman working on the farm strawberry patch."

"Yeah, I remember that particularly photo but it was taken before my time. However I appear as one of the grinning kids in other photos in the collection. By the time I was eleven I was in charge of recruiting kids for Ma Clough's gangs because we also worked on other seasonal vegetable crops. The authorities attempted to stop her using child labor but she did pay well and the generations of parents kicked up such a fuss that the authorities backed right off. To rub that in the Chamber of Commerce presented Ma Clough with a silver medallion as the most charismatic local farming woman of the past forty years. She pulled up her dress at the presentation to appease the demands of photographers to show she was wearing three petticoats and that pose was used in newspapers and magazines throughout the county. Woops I must be off. I know not to keep my mother waiting."

* * *

"Oh god, can I have him Vera?"

Vera smiled as they watched their new client stride off. "You're married, remember?"

"Oh yeah," Lexie said dreamingly.

"He's my godson Lexie but doesn't know it; it was a secret pact between his mom and me when she had complications at his birth. I went to Australia to care for her. Crystal may have forgotten, but I doubt that, and I certainly haven't. Keep that to yourself. I want us to do our best for him but without screwing the Cloughs. If they ask you are they doing the right thing I want you to say adamantly, "It appears to be a fair deal but please consultant with your attorney."

"Okay, I hear you loud and clear. What's he going to do with the land?"

"Who knows? My guess he'll develop the overdue new premises for the city council."

"Ohmigod, except for where they are now it's the perfect location for them and with room for federal and state government offices, ending the mish-mash of locations where they are now."

"Well don't get too excited. My godson doesn't think like most of us do. He's like his grandfather who was the only person who figured that as the town's future rested on an adequate water supply and one option was to pipe it in some two hundred and fifty miles or else to look for it under his feet. So he won financial support and State subsidies and purchased deep drilling equipment that until then had only been used in oil exploration. The outcome of course is history."

"Yes of course. We learned about Mayor Bryant at school. But what can his grandson do? All the good ideas have been used up, um apart from building a new empire for the city council."

"I'm not so sure Lexie. Let's get him his land and all will be revealed.

CHAPTER 2

Gene smiled as he entered the Mayor's Office, or more accurately the outer office. His mother had always surrounded herself with bimbos, not to make herself look good and sound intellectually superior, but she enjoyed light and idle chatter, lush lips smothered with lipstick, stylish hair-styles, pouty mouths, tits high and pointy, lots of exposed leg and expensive shoes. She had eight in the office and all fitted the mould.

"Good morning sir."

The back chatter continued.

"Hi sweetie. I'm here to see my mother the Mayor."

The chat died and Gene knew he was under intense inspection.

"I must say you are a gorgeous flock of women."

He heard tweets and twitters.

The receptionist came off the phone and said invited Gene to follow her. The back of her hair, her straight back, trim ass with a little bounce, great legs and mincing walk were all perfect. All of those women would have been hand-selected by his mom. He wondered who did the word processing if she required it to be expertly done.

Crystal with her dyed blonde hair piled high, some loss of weight and a big smile looked great and he allowed the delight to show and winked at her. His mom probably had lost the ability to blush but he glimpsed a quick bite of her top lip and knew she was pleased.

"Hi mom. Great to see you again."

"Indeed, you're looking great. It's criminal that you aren't married."

"I'll have him Mayor Gunter."

"Cherie you naughty girl. You are married. Two coffees please."

They chatted and Crystal asked was he looking for employment.

"Nah, I'll continue on being self-employed."

"What doing?"

"Development."

His mom fingered her necklace and cocked her head. "We are pretty much developed as a city."

"There's also room for tinkering or for an entrepreneur to strut his stuff."

"I see. And may I ask..."

"No, not without the city manager and the editor of Village Voice being present. I need to protect your reputation and to avoid accusations of despotism."

"Oh my, that's a difficult word for an Australian."

"Dual citizenship mom, remember? I've lived within cooee of dad all these years and now it's your turn. In fact I may stay for good."

"Arch and I exchange emails weekly. He said you have become a multi-millionaire but he hasn't seen any of it."

"Yeah, well he's done nothing to earn any of it but I did replace his pickup for him before I left and paid for a new kitchen for his missus."

"You mean Claire."

"Yeah, who else is he married to?"

"Well your time is about up. Any business to discuss? We can dine together tonight if you wish."

"Yes I'd like that. Mom, when I'm ready to act I'd like you to set up a meeting between your advisory team and me. I'd suggest the city manager, director of works, director of planning, city attorney and that editor of the Village Voice."

"It's the City Voice these days. Very well. Just tell me when you're ready. How did you get on with Annie last night?"

"Very well, in fact I made progress."

"Bring her to dinner tonight if you wish. I rather like her."

"She's no bimbo."

"I know that. What made you say that?"

"I just thought... er nothing."

"We are having a strange conversation Gene."

"I like your hair up like that mom."

"Oh darling, a compliment. Thank you. Now off you go."

Back at the hotel Gene smiled hugely at Annie.

"Gene Gunter," she whispered sternly. "You can show all your teeth as much as you like but please get it into your head I don't roll over that easy."

"No it's fine. I was just pleased to see you, confirming you do exist and last night wasn't just a dream. I've having dinner with mom tonight and she's inviting you."

"One of her assistants has already called me and I accepted. Why is this?"

"I said I'd met you at the hotel and she said of course I would and..."

"And what!"

"I didn't suggest we were an item."

"I'm pleased to hear that."

"I just indicated I hoped we'd become an item."

"Oh god."

"Well she's known your mother all her life and says she likes you so must know you."

"Yes whenever she stays here she invites me to have supper with her. We get along very well."

"So I absolved of blame?"

"Well I've never been to her house so perhaps she saw this as an opportunity to host me in her home."

Gene stroked his chin. "Well that or else she's attempting to fit you up for me."

"God, back off will you and let me do my work."

"Oh, speaking of work, be prepared for a job switch. If my plans come off you'll be working for me. Your degree includes a big component in management doesn't it?"

"It sure does but I plan to glide into a big career rather than be a manager for a two-bit businessman and expected to be his fuck-bunny."

"Well that doesn't surprise me, in fact I was banking on you being ambitious. Being my fuck-bunny would only be a spin-off option. The job would be paramount."

"Well at least you can intrigue me. Actually I feel my life has picked up since your arrival."

Dinner turned out to be quite hilarious. Crystal had a live-in cook April Lee who spent much of her time getting half drunk with her boss and guests. The conviviality was interrupted when Gene took a call and excused himself, saying he'd be back in half an hour.

He returned twenty-five minutes later, grinning hugely.

"Oh no, he thinks he's going to have sex with us," Annie said, and the two women rolled together on the sofa laughing hilariously.

"Mom, do you have champagne?"

"Yes for special occasions."

"This is a special occasion."

"Then go and ask April to steer you to the cooler in the cellar."

"Ladies, please lift your glasses as a toast to the new owner of Petticoat Farm. I have just been to my Realtor where the parties were gathered and I now possess an unconditional signed sales agreement."

The two women looked at Gene blankly.

"That land is a liability," his mom frowned.

Annie gurgled, "No it's worse than that, it's a piece of crap."

The women cackled in a huddle.

"Have you two been drinking?" Gene said mildly, and that produced screams of laughter.

He drank most of the bottle of champagne.

The party calmed down over dinner, everyone just sipping a light red wine.

Crystal said, "You have something of your illustrious grandfather in you. I've always noticed it, especially when you get that looking-in-the-distance set on your face. Come on, out with it. Why that particularly purchase?"

"At times of being homesick when living in Australia my thoughts used to tick over and I'd often think of Petticoat Farm. Then one night a vision just slipped into place."

"There, I knew it. Just like my father Mayor Bryant did. He awoke one morning and called the town clerk to call the town council together for an emergency meeting. That meeting was initially in uproar but eventually came around and dad went off and purchased Agnew Farm that is now Rangoon Falls' industrial estate that is bisected by a feeder railway line and has a major airport only two miles away and has been cited as a model of planned industrial development."

"But we have industrial land to burn, don't we?"

"Yes," said the Mayor. "Out with it Gene."

"Sorry ladies, I don't want you to have insider knowledge on this proposal mother. Could you please call that meeting I suggest for 10:00 tomorrow and add Annie to the list of invitees."

"Just a minute, I'll check my diary."

"Yes, that's fine," the Mayor said. "We are free of meetings till 1:00."

"Please come to the meeting Annie. You will be offered a major post and I'd like you to be involved from the outset."

"Hotel management is my preferred career path. But I can spend a half hour there out of interest."

"The meeting shouldn't last even that long because there's not much to tell at this stage, just a bald announcement. Make sure the press attends mom."

Annie went to sleep in the cab during the short ride to the hotel. Gene took her to her room.

"Gene, I don't..."

"Nor I. I've had too much to drink."

They kissed and she allowed him to reach down and gently rub her pussy over her panties. She began breathing heavily and Gene pulled away.

He said, "I'll let you into a big secret that only you and I know."

She yawned and said didn't a clever guy like him know women couldn't keep a secret."

She was ignored. He whispered, "Petticoat Mall."

"What?"

"Goodnight Annie, sleep well and don't mention that to anyone prior to the meeting."

"Suddenly her mind clicked. "Gene, that is brilliant. Ohmigod it's brilliant. Why hasn't anyone thought of that before?"

"They will have but then it probably appeared all too hard. Until recently when both Agnes and Sarah Clough went into hospital for quite serious operations anyone coming on to their property with a Realtor would have had a shotgun pointed at them. I've written once a month to my favorite of the three sisters, Charmaine, ever since I left Rangoon Falls and she said they'd placed the farm on the market but were loath to leave. I guessed then an incentive would do it so offered a low price plus the offer to buy them any house they desired that was available for sale in the city."

"But they'll pick out a dump."

"The Clough sisters and I would term it roomy, comfortable and traditional."

"Ohmigod, you sly fox. I'm with your mother, I bet you'll deliver on this scheme."

"Thank you darling. Keep pussy warm for me."

"God Gene, you are talking a risk talking to me like that," Annie giggled. "Oh god, I sound such a slut."

* * *

Crystal called the meeting to order and noted the press was present.

"This meeting of this particular structure has been called on behalf of my son Gene Gunter who says he has a major announcement to make. I state categorically I have no knowledge of his scheme. My son demanded that security of non-disclosure to ensure it was clear there has been no collusion in this matter between us until this point. It was his wish that the press be present to record that statement and record proceedings for publication as it sees fit. I now invite Mr Gunter to address the meeting."

"Thank you Mayor Gunter. I can confirm Mayor Gunter, my mother, has not the slightest idea what this is about. It is only a short announcement. Yesterday I purchased Petticoat Farm and it is my intention to win all required approvals and to develop a shopping and professional services mall on that land to be called Petticoat Mall. I will meet extreme opposition from vested interests and that is to be expected. Some opponents will say the mall will rip out the city's business heart but I deny that, saying it will simply involve city reconstruction and relocate the city's heart. I have had experience in mall development in Australia in situations no different to here. I'll have to raise capital outside of Rangoon Falls but local investors will have every opportunity to invest in mall ownership, thereby reducing outside investment. That is all for now but I plan to immediately appoint city architects, engineers and other experts to prepare plans for the development that will be submitted to the appropriate authorities for perusal and hopefully approval. Thank you."

The questions flew but all Gene could do was to shrug and say, "We haven't reached that point yet."

Gene saw Annie slip away, giving his a wee wave. Eventually the mayor said, "Well I think we have reach the time for a wrap. We thank you Mr Gunter for bringing this enterprising proposal to our notice and publication of details will allow citizens to voice their reaction. Thank you."

There was applause and the editor of the City Voice asked Gene could he come across to her office to be interviewed.

She was good.

"What research have you done to determine this city needs a shopping mall?"

"Er none, but all cities of 60,000-plus people including catchments like Rangoon Falls benefit from a covered-in mall, particularly during inclement weather."

"What thoughts do you have for our long established retailers having to compete with new retailers in your mall?"

"That's your concept of what could happen. My concept is enterprising existing traders will take up space in the city's new mall. If that occurs existing main street will gradually take on a different focus, with craft shops and service businesses taking the premises of retailers who relocate."

"And if they don't"

"They could escape catastrophe because some shoppers don't like mall shopping."

"So you have no heart for retailers who will suffer, either going to your mall or staying out and fighting for business?"

"I'd expect them to base their decision to go in or stay on expert business principles."

"Do mall owners have principles?"

"Oh yes, like newspapers do in accepting mall advertising. Your newspaper can expect booming business from mall businesses, all of whom will be committed to advertise because that's how malls establish and hold their business vitality."

"You are very arrogant."

"And you Mrs Michaels are a very astute interviewer and editor of a great newspaper that I used to deliver as a boy. Perhaps you might like to think about relocating your editorial offices in the upstairs professional chambers of the proposed mall?"

"I'd be silly not to think about it."

The sexy newspaper photographer drove Gene out on to the freeway and took his photograph with Petticoat Farm forming the background. Returning him to the city she asked, "Would you like a drink after work?"

Gene smiled and patted her knee. "I'll tell you what. I'll be throwing a party soon for business people interested to meet me. I'll invite you and partner."

"Meaning?"

"Your boyfriend."

"You are very smooth Gene. I like it."

Gene's view of that was it was good public relations. He could have easily riled Jane by simply turning her down.

At 7:00 Annie called him. "I'm finishing work now and heading to my suite for a bath. Want to join me?"

"Oh sorry. I have an aversion to water."

"Well want to scrub my back?"

"I'm on my way."

* * *

Gene scuttled across to the door of Annie's suite and had just managed to loll against the doorframe casually when she came from the elevator.

"Oh goodness. You must be keen?"

"Wouldn't you?"

She colored and unlocked the door. As the door closed they locked into a kiss, a big kiss with both of them engaging in torso hand play.

Annie broke clear, breathing heavily. "I had decided to have sex with you before the prospect of a business connection was mentioned."

"I accept that because I knew that was true. You'd already placed me on a promise."

"I did, oh god what a slut I am," she said, moving back in and grasping his half-erect cock. "Oooh, nice size."

"I hope you are not too big for it."

Crack.

"You bitch, you hit me," Gene whined, rubbing his reddening cheek.

"You are pretty smooth Gene Gunter but that was an appalling remark you just made."

"Oh was it? Sorry?"

"When we are in private you can make sexy comment to me, you can talk really dirty when you have me worked up but never, never make a demeaning remark about me. Do you understand?"

"Yes, absolutely. On the other hand you can say what you like about me. That's called democracy."

"Oh god, you arrogant fucker. You are making me sound unreasonable."

"Well not to me," Gene said, unzipping and pulling her hand through the gap so she could find something to hold on to. You are totally free to attempt to impose standards on me and I have accepted you have that right."

"God I'll have to be careful what I say to you. You are not as malleable as most men including my father and brothers."

"Well Annie darling, it's not my intention to bore you while giving you good sex and socializing with you, perhaps even living with you. I admire your intellect too much to do that. I'll endeavor to never bore you."

"Oh my leaking pussy, am I going to have my hands full with you?"

"Just relax and enjoy the adventure Annie. Should you launch our sex life before we bath together dirty?"

"Yes, I'm ready to go now. I had a pee before I came up, expecting this to happen."

Annie had great tits. Gene already knew that but this was the first time he'd seen her nude, with them jutting straight out and bending a little under their weight. Yes just a tad too big for perfection. But he dropped to his knees to find what else was getting and found he bald slit was beautifully shaped.