Powerball Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Web_Spinner
Web_Spinner
2,984 Followers

"Don't worry Lisa," I said. "They just want to play. They really like to have kids around."

Lisa peeked around her mothers legs and saw Toby ever the clown roll over on his back, legs in the air, begging to have his tummy scratched. Suzy on the other hand must have sensed Lisa's apprehension and dropped to her belly slowly inching her way forwards. When Suzy looks at you with those big puppy dog eyes of hers she is impossible to resist. And sure enough Lisa slowly bent down her hand outstretched towards Suzy. Just as she was about to make contact Suzy jumped up and gave Lisa a big wet kiss eliciting a squeal. Suzy ran a quick circle around Lisa and her mother and again dropped to the floor inching herself forward. Lisa having gotten over her initial shock from the doggy kiss started to giggle. Once more she slowly bent down with outstretched hand, and once again just before they made contact Suzy jumped up and administered another wet doggy kiss. This time Lisa squealed with glee laughing and clapping her hands in merriment. I glanced at Lisa's mom to see her kneeling scratching Toby's tummy. He was obviously greatly enjoying this.

Once again Suzy ran a circle around Lisa and her mom but this time she stopped right in front of Lisa panting. Once again Lisa leaned down and this time Suzy allowed herself to be petted. I watched this for a couple minutes and then told the dogs to go into the house. One thing I always took pride in is how well they minded and this time was no exception. They did not run far though just staying a couple steps ahead as we made our way to the kitchen. On the way I pointed out a bathroom and told my guests they could wash up and I would meet them in the kitchen which I also pointed to.

Opening the refrigerator I spotted a large pot of homemade chicken soup Mel had brought by the day before. Putting it on the stove to warm I took out a loaf of French bread slicing several thick slices and applied generous amounts of butter before placing them in the toaster. I then went to the cupboards and got out two bowls and two spoons from a drawer and placed them on the table. Just as the soup had reached a slow boil I heard my guests come into the room.

"Have a seat ladies, soup is ready." I instructed.

I then placed a ladle in the pot and carried it to the table and placed it on the hot pad. Taking each bowl one at a time I ladled generous portions of the soup into each and placed them in front of each one. I then went back and picked up the plate I had piled the toasted bread on and returned to place it between Lisa and her mom. I then asked what they would like to drink. I had juice, milk, and soda available. Lisa's mom said she would like a glass of juice and Lisa would have milk.

While I had been serving up the soup and drinks I had the time to get a better look at the two females who had been unexpectedly thrust into my life. Both had a slightly gaunt look to them. I could tell they hadn't been eating regularly. Also there was a somewhat haunted look in their eyes. Lisa's mom would cast her eyes around as if she was afraid that something was hiding waiting to jump out. And beyond that I could sense that both were self conscious to have me standing watching them eat.

"Ladies, I need to check my e-mail. I will be in the room across the way there if you need anything. Eat as much as you like and when you're finished I will show you to a room where you can get some sleep." I said excusing myself so they could eat in peace.

On my way out Lisa's mom spoke up. "Thank you, Mr. er um."

"Mike. Just call me Mike. And you are?" I questioned.

"Elizabeth. But everyone calls me Beth."

"Well, Beth I hope you enjoy the soup," I said, turning to leave the room.

As I entered the next room I heard Lisa tell Beth, "Wow, mom. This is the best chicken soup I've ever tasted."

"Mmmm, yes it is very good isn't it."

I smiled to myself knowing Mel would be pleased to receive such high praise on her soup. But, in truth it was very good. Much better than any that came out of a can. I went into the game room where I had another computer besides the one upstairs in my office but checking my e-mail was just an excuse to allay the ladies feelings they were being gawked at. Instead I turned on the the TV and caught up on some of the news of the day. Some thirty minutes later I heard the water running in the sink in the kitchen so I rose and returned to find Beth at the sink washing the dishes they had used.

I cleared my throat at the door so as not to startle her and walked over to the dishwasher and opened it and told her to just place everything in there. I then took the lid to the soup pot and walked back to the table. I was pleased to see a good portion gone. I knew they were in need of some good nourishment.

Beth blushed as I picked up the pot to return it to the refrigerator. "I hope we didn't eat too much of your soup. It was just so delicious."

I laughed. "No, I'm glad you enjoyed it. My sister made it and brought it over. She always brings too much and it sometimes goes to waste before I can finish it."

I looked at Lisa still sitting in her seat and could see her little eyelids drooping. I knew she was tired and needed sleep.

Now that the kitchen was clean I said, "Ladies if you will follow me I will show you to your room."

I led the pair to the room that Mel and George used when they stayed over. It had a king sized bed and attached bathroom. I told them to wait a moment and went to the next bedroom where my niece Jeanie stayed when she was here. She always kept a couple nighties here so she didn't have to bring them from home. It had become a regular thing for the girls to spend at least one weekend a month here so my sister and her husband could have some romantic time alone.

Returning with the nightie and a robe in hand I gave them to Lisa. "I believe these will fit you. They belong to my niece and she's just about your size. And for you Beth I believe my sister has something you can wear in the closet over there. The bathroom is through that door. You will find it stocked with soap and shampoo and fresh towels. Feel free to use either the shower or the bath. There's plenty of hot water."

Beth blushed fiercely looking down in embarrassment knowing their hygiene was not the best lately.

"Oh, one more thing. You can lock this door so you will feel more comfortable. If you need me for anything my bedroom is a the top of the stairs, first door on the right. Good night ladies."

With that I closed the door behind me and turned towards the stairs as I heard the lock being turned. I smiled as I walked up the stairs to my bedroom. 'I can't blame them. Being in a strange house with a man they knew nothing about.' I readied my self for bed and then lay there wondering what tomorrow was going to bring and what I would do with my unexpected house guests. Finally sleep came.

-----------------------Beth

Once Mike had said good night and closed the door behind him Beth quickly locked it. She couldn't help but wonder what kind of man would take two perfect strangers from the side of the road and bring them into his home. From what she had seen of his beautiful home she knew that he had to be fairly wealthy. He seemed nice enough but she had been fooled by men before.

Once he had left she marveled at the room and it's large king size bed. She walked over and opened the door to the bath room and gasped in surprise. The room was as large as her last bedroom had been. She saw both a walk in shower and a jacuzzi bathtub. Turning back around she spoke to her daughter.

"Come on sweetie. Lets get you into the shower and cleaned up so you can get to bed."

Yawning widely Lisa nodded and followed her mother into the bathroom. Beth busied herself getting her daughter bathed and dressed in the night gown Mike had handed her and then tucked her into the large bed. Lisa fell fast asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow. Beth then went to the closet where she found a conservative night gown and a robe that both looked to be her size. She then returned to the bathroom where she filled the large tub with steaming water, then undressed and with a sigh slid her aching body into the glorious hot water. As she lay there basking in the warmth her mind brought back the images from earlier tonight. The two thugs who had accosted her with the obvious intention to rape her. This sent a shudder through her body and her chest heaved with a giant sob. 'Oh God,' she thought. 'What would they have done to her daughter if they had found her. Thank you god for sending Mike.'

As the warm water soothed her body her mind began to calm and she enjoyed the much needed bath. She well knew that it could be a long time before she got another chance to enjoy this. She was pretty sure Mike would drop them back off where he found them in the morning. Finally as she felt she could no longer stay awake she rose from her bath and donned the night gown she had found in the closet and joined her daughter in slumber in that beautiful giant bed.

---------------Mike

Being a creature of habit, I woke early as usual. I went into my bathroom and relieved myself and donned my jogging suit. I then made my way downstairs to let the dogs out for their morning constitution. My coffee maker was set to automatic brew so I poured myself a cup and sat out on my deck going over the events of last night in my mind. I still didn't know what I was going to do with my new guests. One thing I was sure of, I had to try to do something to help them. Up to now all my efforts to share my luck with others had been done through donations to worthy charities. I hadn't really done anything myself to help others. Anyone can sit and write a check.

I could tell Beth had real trust issues with men. I wasn't sure if she would open up to me. Maybe Mel could help. Perhaps a good heart to heart between women could get me some answers to the questions I had. As soon as breakfast is over I will call my sister .

With that settled in my mind I set out on my morning jog around my property as was my usual routine. I figured Beth and Lisa were so exhausted they would sleep late. I was right for when I returned home I could here the faint stirrings coming from their room as I headed up for my shower. I showered and shaved quickly then dressed and went down to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. Denver omelets were my specialty. I set about preparing all the ingredients including the potatoes for hash browns the way my sister had taught me to make them. I started a fresh pot of coffee in case Beth would like some.

Just as I was finishing the first omelet I heard the bedroom door open and the two females followed their noses, led by the tempting aroma coming from the kitchen. I turned and looked at the door to see two heads peeking at me.

"Come on in ladies. Have a seat. Breakfast is almost ready."

I watched two pair of eyes light up. Dressed in robes they both walked to the table. Beth helped Lisa into a chair and then turned to me. "Is there anything I can do to help?" she asked.

"Nope," I replied. "Got it all under control. Would you like a cup of coffee?"

"Oh yes please."

I poured her a cup. "Do you take cream or sugar?"

"Um, no. Black is perfect," she answered.

As she took her seat at the table I slid the third omelet on a plate and added a serving of hash browns to each. I placed each on the table and went back to the refrigerator and returned with a glass of milk for Lisa.

"I hope you ladies like omelets. I consider it to be a specialty of mine."

They both took a bite and heard them both remark, "Oh, that is good."

With a smile I dug into my own. We ate in silence, I'm sure either lost in thought or just enjoying the food. Then little Lisa reached for her glass of milk accidentally knocking it over. Her eyes opened in terror as she looked at me, her lower lip starting to quiver. Beth jumped up and ran for the dish towel. I could see the worry on her face too.

'What the hell is this,' I wondered. 'Someone has obviously abused this child for her to react like this.'

"Sweetie, it's okay. Don't worry. Everyone has accidents and I have plenty of milk. We'll clean this up and get you another," I said in as soft and gentle voice as I could.

Lisa gulped and replied, "You're not mad at me and going to hit me?"

"Oh no honey. I'm not mad at you. And I promise you I will never hit you. Not ever." Now I had tears in my eyes as I looked at this precious child who had been cowering in front of me.

Beth just looked at me with tears in her eyes and mouthed "thank you" to me.

I stood and went and refilled Lisa's glass. The rest of breakfast passed uneventfully and once I had finished cleaning the kitchen with Beth's help I asked them if they had any clean clothes to wear in their bags which were still in the back of my pickup.

Embarrassed again Beth hung her head. "No, we haven't been able to do any laundry for a while."

"Well then, why don't we get what you have together and we'll take it to the laundry room and get everything washed." I wasn't about to make them put back on the soiled clothes they had arrived in.

I went out to my truck and fetched their bags while Beth went to the bedroom they had slept in to get the clothes they were wearing last night. I led her to the laundry room and set the machine for her.

"Okay, when you have the first load sorted just put them in, add a cup of this detergent and then pull this knob out. While you do that I have to make a couple calls this morning."

I left Beth to sort through her clothes while I went upstairs to call my sister.

-------------------Beth

Beth began sorting through the few clothes they had as her daughter watched from the doorway.

"I think he is a nice man, mama. He didn't even get mad when I spilt my milk."

"Yes, honey. He does seem to be a nice man," replied Beth. Inside though she still had deep reservations. She had been through too much not to believe that Mike must have some kind of ulterior motive for his generosity. Even if he loaded them up and dropped them off where he found them at least they had a couple nice meals and would have clean clothes. If he expected more Beth didn't know what she would do. But she knew she would do whatever she had to, to protect her daughter.

---------------------Mike

Upstairs I dialed my sisters phone and waited until George answered.

"Good morning George, it's Mike. Can I speak to Mel please."

"Good morning Mike. Sure you can. She's in the kitchen. Let me tell her to pick up."

A couple moments later my sister picked up the extension in the kitchen.

"Hey, Mike. What's up?"

"Sis, I kind of have a situation here I'm hoping you can help me with. Can you bring the girls with you and come over. I'll explain everything when you get here."

"Sure baby brother. Gives us twenty minutes and we will be there."

"Thanks, sis."

I hung up and went back downstairs to check on Beth and Lisa. I found them sitting in the kitchen talking quietly to each other.

"Now in the meantime let's see if we can find you two something to wear. Beth I think you should be able to find something in the closet in the room you slept in. I know my sister won't mind you borrowing something under the circumstances. And Lisa we will find something for you in the other bedroom. My niece is just about your size."

In Jeanie's room we found a tee shirt, pair of shorts, and clean undies that would fit Lisa. And I left while she took them with her mother back to the room they had slept in last night to change. Soon they came out. The clothes that Lisa had selected fit her well. Beth had slipped into a sundress my sister kept here. It hung on her a little bit but covered all the necessary parts.

"Let me show you ladies around while we wait for the washer to finish. Follow me out to the back deck, I think you will like the view."

Beth and Lisa followed me to the back door and out on to the deck. I could see they were both impressed with the view from here. Of course Suzy and Toby who liked to spend the mornings roaming the yard heard us come out and came running to investigate. Lisa heard their yips and started bouncing excitedly on her toes as the dogs dashed up onto the deck. She dropped to her knees and began to squeal in delight as both dogs swarmed her lavishing her with puppy kisses. Beth and I took a seat and watched Lisa and the puppies play.

Beth turned to me. "You have a beautiful home Mike."

"Thank you. I know a lot of people prefer to live in the city, but I enjoy the peacefulness of living out here in the hill country. There's a lot of beauty in this country if one just takes the time to look."

Beth turned her eyes back towards the vista before her and could see what Mike was talking about. It was beautiful and peaceful out here.

While Beth was staring off into the distance I took a moment to study her a little closer. Her blond hair now clean and no longer greasy and matted hung to her shoulders. Her blue eyes, though still having that haunted look, had lost some of the bags under them with a good nights sleep. I could tell she had missed quite a few meals. Overall she wasn't a bad looking woman. No, in fact, with some good food in her to help fill out the gaunt look she would be quite striking.

A few minutes later I heard my sisters car coming up the drive. I rose stating, "Beth, I will be back in a few minutes. If you or Lisa are hungry or thirsty help yourselves to anything I have in the kitchen."

I went through the house and out the front door to greet my sister and nieces. After hugs all around my sister spoke up.

"Okay, Mike. We're here what's the mystery?"

I told her about the events of last night and this morning. Then I finished with, "I'm sure they need help, sis. But, I don't know what kind of help. I can tell that Beth doesn't trust men and I'm afraid she wouldn't be open and honest with me. I was hoping maybe you could talk to her and find out what's going on. Then I will know if there is something I can do for them. I figured if you brought the girls over they could help keep Lisa entertained while you talked."

My sister looked at me and smiled. "You truly have become the good Samaritan haven't you Mike. Alright, I'll try to help you out here, as long as I know she's not out to just take advantage of you."

"Thanks, sis. I knew I could count on you. I just hope you don't feel I'm the one trying to take advantage of you."

"Dear brother, even as a child you never tried to take advantage of me. I know you love me too much for that."

I then knelt down to talk to my nieces. "I want you two to meet a very nice little girl. She's had a real hard time and I think she could use some friends. I know I can count on you two to be nice to her right?"

Both girls just rolled their eyes at me. "For our mothers favorite brother I think we can manage that," said Jeanie.

"Thanks girls. Hey wait a minute. Favorite brother? I'm your mom's only brother. "

Both girls just giggled and turned to run toward the house. Mel and I just looked at each other shaking our heads.

As we walked in the front door we found the girls just inside waiting for us. I led the way to the back deck and preceded them out and said, "Beth, Lisa, I would like you to meet my sister and my 'favorite' nieces."

My nieces looked at me and gave me another eye roll followed up with a giggle. Just as I was their only uncle on their mother's side they were my only nieces.

"This is my sister Mel, and these two imps are Jeanie and Missy."

At that both girls turned on me. "Hey, watch who you're calling imp buster," retorted Jeanie. Both girls giving me their best fake pout.

"Aw, I know you both love me," I responded with a chuckle.

"Well maybe just a little bit," giggled Missy.

Web_Spinner
Web_Spinner
2,984 Followers