Prince of Darkness vs Prom Queen 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He looked up. She was watching him and sunbeams were bouncing everywhere, along with radiantly, shimmering sparkles. "It's wonderful," he told her. "I can put it on my desk. I'm not sure about the picture, but it's interesting. Don't see peanut pictures on people's desks too often. It's a good conversation starter." He leaned over for a kiss. "Why'd you wrap in in a calendar page?"

"Well, I know how busy you get and how far in advance you schedule your training sessions and business functions. I wanted to make sure you kept October clear."

"Sure. I can do that. What's happening in October?" he questioned.

She smiled at him. She was sparkling so brilliantly, he could swear she was wearing her Prom Queen tiara. "That's when Matthew is coming."

He looked at her with mild exasperation. "Another guest? It's bad enough we have Trent staying and now you've invited someone else? Who's Matthew? One of Trent's friends? Is he coming to make a movie, too?" He sighed. "I guess it doesn't matter." Leaning over for another kiss, he said, "I'm going to put my picture on my desk and get changed for dinner. See you upstairs?"

"Absolutely," she responded. "I'll be up in about two minutes and thank you for this wonderful day and for my bracelet. I love it almost as much as I love you."

Donovan disappeared inside the house and headed straight for the office. He placed the frame on his desk and stood for a minute looking at the picture. The longer he looked at it, the more it seemed like he had seen something like it once before? But where?

Matthew was coming in October. Laci probably had the biggest heart in the world, but she really needed to stop picking up strays. If Laci invited him, he was sure Matthew would be a nice enough guy, who hopefully wasn't planning on rehearsing in the garden or traveling with shackles. There had been enough rehearsing and shackling to last a lifetime.

That's why it looked familiar. How funny. That peanut picture reminded him of an article he had read in Marian's magazine dealing with some of the local hospitals and the services they offered. The peanut reminded him of the photo of the pre-natal ultra sound.

He turned to leave the room, froze, and turned back to the peanut. She wanted to redecorate one of the bedrooms with a ranch theme. She was craving orange juice. Matthew was coming in October. The elephant in the room was starting to growl. Really loud.

Outside, Laci stretched on the lounge and sipped her juice. Donovan was exceptionally intelligent. It wasn't going to take him long to figure it out.

CRASH!!!

She listened for a moment then smiled with relief. The echoing noise from inside the house didn't sound like a body hitting the floor.

That hadn't taken long, at all.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thank you to everyone for reading and for your comments.

Part 4 is in the works and will -- predictably -- pick up about nine months later.

Another THANK YOU to bigg_mike for editing and encouraging.