All Comments on 'Prince of Darkness vs Prom Queen'

by coldhands_warmheart

Sort by:
  • 48 Comments
Bigg_MikeBigg_Mikealmost 11 years ago
Congratulations

It is so good to see this published. Great story, and I look forward to seeing future stories from you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

This is one of the best literotica stories av read in a long time. Take that back, the best! After A GOD NAMED BRUCE and THE PREACHER MAN...This should be the best literotica story of all time...If only it was longer, with more chapters and sub-plots.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I don´t like if you hide something else within "Romance"

I just read the beginning of this story and I get angrier all the time. If You like to write about BDSM so be it but don´t do it under "Romance", it´s just disgusting!

meh4912meh4912almost 11 years ago
Great Story

I really enjoyed reading this. I was hoping to see more of a relationship between Donovan and Laci.

Will there be more to this story?

Loved it!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

to anonymous who didn't like 'hiding' this story in romance, you obviously have not got a romantic bone in your body. Loved the story. please write more even if you don't continue this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Amazing -

I read, yesterday, one of the best 4 or 5 pieces of writing I've found on LIterotica - and I've been reading it for a while. To have this marvelous work come along the very next day was more than double the surprise.

To find such excellent use of imagination,humor,character development,much written around framework of extreme topics/behaviors but with a style of writing that is lean and not to excess, is always a delight.

I'd like to shoot the Literotica editor to allows people to mewl, "this is my first story, be nice to me" - sort of the verboten, "I've never had to make a speech before." The rules don't change - you do it well or you don't - and if we find out it was your first

wonderful . or what do you expect? This writing will bring me back to the writer

to see if that writer can do it again. Thank you for an enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
fantastic!

Absolutely marvelous!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
One of the best stories I've read!

I was sad when it was finished. I want more!! I wish I could write something even close to this. I am a fan! Thanks so much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
GREAT STORY!!!!!

So well written. Amazing character development. instantly one of my favorite stores on this site. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE!!!!

Anon: The point of the story isn't BDSM. It is a lifestyle that characters in this story like but not the actual core of the story. This fits better in Romance.

coldhands_warmheartcoldhands_warmheartalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Thank you from CHWH

All your comments were very appreciated and I thank you so much.

This was my first story and I had a little hesitation because it isn't what is usually found on LIT. so I'm glad it has found an audience.

To Anon who thinks it's not a romance - sorry, but if you read on, you might change your mind. The BDSM elements are minimal.

A special thank you to Bigg_Mike for his editing assistance and encouragement.

The sequel is almost finished.

CHWH

redyellowgoredyellowgoalmost 11 years ago
CHWH welcome to lit...

what a great first story...5****

I was tearing up w/laughter (of course I am sleep deprived right now) over Virgil/Matthew/Horny.

So to say...its your story you and do what you what....but 1st it was non-consent. 2nd it had elements of BDSM but she was not willing which again makes it non-con. Then 3rd she used power play on him, BDSM. At the end she decorated the house w/paddles, riding crops and several other useful implements, BDSM/Kink, that was 4th. For the 5th, throughout Victor kept pointing to the new emotion that Donovan had to learn=love. Funny thing though love is in BDSM. And romance is in BDSM couples/long term relationships.

So, really this could have been in BDSM but b/c of the unwilling nature it should have been in NON-CON w/a HEA, as many of the stories there start and end that way. With having it under romance, the minute a crop/whip/paddle is used people get turned off and go running to the board saying 'bad author wrong category!' Consider...that if there are many points to a story try Novels and Novells where it could all be covered; esp when there is so much story to dive into. If you continue to write this well and w/this much intrigue you might what to try that category. Hi-jack a friends comment board to let other know that it is there this time.

Good luck!

DragonDreamerDragonDreameralmost 11 years ago
Loved it!

You did a terrific job writing a creative story with interesting twists. Thank you!

andrewm57andrewm57almost 11 years ago
wonderful!

Bleepin' brilliant! Unique premise, beautifully believable characters, deep female protagonist, great story arc. Sad that chapter 8 isn't 3 more stories... More, more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
GOOD GOD!!!!

This story was amazing! I coudnt stop laughing when LACI's inner monologe kept trying to decide if DONOVAN was going crazy with all the talk of carrots,potatoes & unicorn names. Keep up the good work. I cant wait for your next chapter!

OrchidDreamsOrchidDreamsalmost 11 years ago

Loved it! I cannot wait to read more about Laci and Donovan!

pope32767pope32767almost 11 years ago
A brilliant piece of work

I can't wait to see more from you: you have a real talent for this. Of course there are imperfections, but they are outweighed by the merits of the tale.

Don't worry about the categories: people get obsessed with them. Of course this is a romance. It's also BDSM and non-consent. It doesn't matter. What matters is that it's good fiction, that's all.

sheanna23sheanna23almost 11 years ago
rushed

The story itself was amazing, but u rushed the ending. Its obvious the prince and princess end up together but it would have been better to read about the hell she put him through before she forgave him. You have a way of writing the dark side of their relationship but where is the light?

coldhands_warmheartcoldhands_warmheartalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Thank you to everyone

I appreciate your comments and reactions very much.

sheanna23 - hopefully the clouds will part and let some light through in the sequel. I am working on the last chapter - at least I think it's the last chapter. This story evolved without any planning or outline, so I'm taking it one page at a time.

redyellowgo - I wasn't sure where the story belonged, but I like your input. There are elements of several different categories, as you stated, but that was how I ended up selecting Romance.

Right now - it's back to work. When I wrote part one, I was not planning a sequel, but I liked the characters, so part two is in the works and will pick up the story about 8 months later.

Thanks again for reading.

CHWH

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Outstanding this story has to have a sequel!

Keep it up it needs to have a final ending!

NightPlayNightPlayalmost 11 years ago
Loved it!

I cant wait for part two!

inspector123inspector123almost 11 years ago
Love it ...

Very good effort for your first submission. I am glad that you decided to continue the story because I definitely would like to read more about Donovan and Laci. Love all the humor in the story. Make it a perfect read on a Sunday's afternoon.

Five stars from me!

WhatdidJanetdoWhatdidJanetdoalmost 11 years ago
Loved it thanks.

Great story and characters. Loved your writing style, a fabulous mix of grit, passion and humour. Keep writing please.

pheobecharmedpheobecharmedalmost 11 years ago
Loved this

awesome read. can't wait for more. Just want to thanks RYG for letting me know about this story i never would have found it in romance

dairetodairetoalmost 11 years ago

I hope this story continues

MaynessMaynessalmost 11 years ago

Fantastic story and yes funny too. Glad I saw a comment recommending this in another section. Would love to read the continuation, there is definitely more to tell! Thank you.

jennyb2492jennyb2492over 10 years ago
Fantastic! 5 stars!

This was a wonderful story and I can't wait for the next chapter. You have a wonderful way of writing humor. Put the story wherever you darn well choose... But from harsh experience I know that folks who like Romance stories (lets call then 'vanilla' stories) do not generally tolerate chocolate bits (like whips), but chocolate folks (BDSM) are just fine with vanilla chips. .... In the end, there are lots of folks who would love to follow you wherever you go. Guess we'll just have to favorite your story so we can keep checking!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Excellent

look forward to part 2 or more...

getthebookgetthebookover 10 years ago
Wow RYG,

I would not have read it if was not checking back on Jennyb story looking for updates. I agree w/you that perhaps a different category maybe noncon it covers the deepest issue but not the plot of the story. Would like to see ch2 thought, something tells me that that will be much more romance. Though if they are planning to use the tools/toys perhaps it will be posted in BDSM.

Good luck CHWH and welcome to lit!

mickymouse113mickymouse113over 10 years ago

The category gave the ending away which was actually a very good thing as it explained away several things: That the Prince of Darkness omitted a safe word (and is later called on it - Brilliant) and only twigs that something may be amiss when she tries to kill him.

It was good the story established that he was clearly he was besotted with her prior to their first ‘official’ meeting and went on to explain the circumstances of their meeting.

I think it may have been a tad more believable if she had learned/ refreshed her skills with the whip while on the island. Probably more refreshed as she was still 'gunshy' about whips, of course she could have learned about it out of a need for protection.

Like others I enjoyed the Virgil/Mathew lines also. They are probably the lines of the entire story and what I'll remember most.

I will state that in my opinion Donovan was not ‘submissive’ when confronted by Laci with the whip. He was firstly trying to fix a mistake (an act of contriction) and followed implied direction. Secondly every male will tell you about ‘the look’ (also the voice) a women gives that compels obedience on a certain matter.

Finally despite several stories talking about how a few slaps etc. can help somebody let go of the mistake Laci pointed out that punishment does not always equal justice. Being 'punished' would have made Donovan feel better for his actions and allowed him to move on, not Laci. Laci was the victim in this, not Donovan, she needed and got help for the issues arising from Donovan’s actions.

I’ll be rereading this and hopfuly anticipating a HEA resolution with both partners being equal.

Welcome to the community.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

You lost me at the mention of 50 shades, its not a good story, in fact there is no story whatsoever in that trilogy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
In the begining I hated this story

I very nearly put it down but OCD me just had to carry on... I'm glad I did.

You made me laugh like a loon. I feel good after reading this. Thank-you.

TLC

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Keep writing!

This is a great story. I really enjoyed it, don't let anyone discourage you!

butchbabebutchbabeover 10 years ago
Funny

Very amusing and original! I love how Laci doesn't just fall into Donovan's arms when he says sorry. I'm crushing on her now! ; )

bearsladybearsladyover 9 years ago

After reading your newest story, I had to check out the older stories. So glad I did. This was wonderful, the humor was great. Well done

DeathAndTaxesDeathAndTaxesover 9 years ago
It's so fluffy!

OK, you know Virgil/Matthew/Prince the unicorn made me think of that stuffed unicorn from Despicable Me. :P

I'll be honest, CHWH, I had seen this series floating around before and didn't read it because the title made me think it would be silly. Well shame on me for judging a book by its cover! This was great! Your dialogue was super witty and the whole argument about the unicorn had me snorting, the most supreme sign of my amusement.

Anyway, can't wait to read on! 5*

sweetone66sweetone66over 9 years ago
Excellent story...

Your imagination and writing skill is superb!!! I am looking forward to reading the rest of Laci and Donovan's story... I gave this story five stars and included it and you in my favorites list!

magevmagevover 9 years ago
Some good stuff

The first part of the story was quite gripping, in fact, everything up to the point where Frank was taken care of, was superb, but then things degenerated into silliness (too much rambling) and glossed over what could have been the most gratifying part. With such an amazing set up it would have been quite gratifying to see the actual development of their relationship, to see how Laci got over what he had done to her enough to be able to take him seriously as an equal... But most of the story is very good!

lottie_8853lottie_8853over 9 years ago
Funny

Great story, very exciting and the back and forth towards the end had me giggling!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very different

And very charming. I look forward to reading more.

swedishreader1swedishreader1almost 8 years ago
So

This started of with kidnapping sexual abuse and torture.

Does not matter where the story goes, this is not romance it should be in fetish or bdsm.

1*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
5

great story, fuck annony in his eyes

coldhands_warmheartcoldhands_warmheartalmost 8 years agoAuthor
To swedishreader1

Thank you for your comment however it starts the way it does for a reason and evolves completely to a romance. The character of Donovan is supposed to be dark. When he meets Laci, he changes dramatically. If you truly like romance, I urge you to continue reading.

CHWH

Mickeymac77Mickeymac77over 4 years ago
Thanks

Came across this and found it riveting. Unlike some readers I don't analyse a story I just read it. This was a VERY readable story and I liked it better for not going into the sexual side. I find detailed sex in a story that is as good as this is like using CGI in a good film. Keep this up and you will get 6 stars!

SpudnickSpudnickalmost 4 years ago

Had to drop it definitely not my definition of 'romance' don't mind the BDSM elements but droped it after she got drugged way to 'rapey' for me lol.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
potential

I'm writing this before reading the next chapters. Constructive Critisism: Her personality seems pretty set and solid. Donovan on the other hand flip flops between calculating businessman, Dom, and surly child. Maybe I'm missing expo where he explains his emotions more, which would explain the hate-love switch or the guilt a bit more. Without his strength solidified in action he just seems wimpy - and lost, instead of strong and thrown for a loop.... we'll see what happens in following chapters.

That being said, the backstory and character and growth in this first chapter is wonderful. That neither are what they expect the other to be, but they're both smart enough to reason with and adjust. I appreciated his gesture with the carrots too. There's a lot of creativity at play and I'm curious to see if his personality gets resolved with the rest of the story....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I couldn't make it passed the first page. Super gross and gives the bdsm community a terrible rep. Wack af.

A slave trade masquerading as a Dom kidnapping a woman. Gross.

Takes any credibility away from any "romance" what woman would ever willingly like someone that drugged and kidnapped them? There's more realism in zombie and alien stories than this one.

stealthwaspstealthwaspover 1 year ago

Couldn't finish the story. The story can never be a romance because Donovan is a irredeemable character. A notice dom wouldn't make the "mistakes" Donovan made here. He's literally just a kidnapper, rapist and sex trafficker. There is no path for a romantic relationship between Laci and Donovan. Most importantly, Donovan continued to do business with Harding even though he murdered the last girl. That's an unforgivable act. Why should anyone want him to get the girl and live happily ever after?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous