Prince of Darkness vs Prom Queen

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Only Victor could get away with talking to Donovan like that. "Okay, so I'm intrigued. It's not like she'll ever be intrigued with me."

"She already is."

"How do you know?"

"The Prom Queen passed me a note in study hall," Victor said sarcastically, his patience wearing thin. "Open your eyes man. She could've waited for Harding to shoot you then taken him down with one flick of her wrist. Go talk to her. Tell her you want to help her. If that doesn't work, tell her a bedtime story. I bet she'd like the one about the grumpy boy unicorn whose magical golden horn gets all big and hard whenever he sees the pretty little girl unicorn with the big, blue eyes." Victor grabbed the carrots. "Dinner will be ready in about an hour. Plenty of time for talking."

Donovan really needed to get Victor back to civilization. The man was starting to crack, but he was right. Laci deserved help and deserved to know someone cared about her and her feelings.

Great. Donovan Corbett, Dominant, Master, Trainer of Sex Slaves, Mephistopheles in an Armani suit was thinking about feelings, was intrigued by a Prom Queen who could handle a whip, and had argued about the name of a stuffed unicorn? What the hell was wrong with him, and what the hell did it matter what the name of her fucking unicorn was?

Maybe Victor was right, and maybe Donovan was feeling left out. Virgil...........Matthew.......whatever his damned name was, happened to be sharing her bed. The Prince of Darkness was sleeping alone.

Chapter 8 -- Resolutions and New Beginnings

Laci was sitting alone on the beach, watching the moonlight reflect on the waves, trying to decide what she was going to do and where she was going to do it. Donovan came and sat beside her. At least she didn't run away. That was an encouraging sign.

"Laci, I know you've always been independent and you're not really used to having people do things for you. I think it's remarkable that you are how you are. I come from a very affluent family and I never learned to do a lot of things for myself. Everything was done for me. I reached a point where I needed to take control of certain parts of my life and that's how I ended up where I am and doing what I do."

"I had to take control, too," she gave him a sideways glance, "I just don't shove people in freezers when I do it."

He sighed. "Understood, and I am sorry about that. Would you ever consider relocating to Georgia?"

"Why Georgia?"

"Well, for one thing the northern border of Georgia is the southern border of Tennessee, so you'd have easy access to the ranch you were talking about. For another, I have a cousin down there that runs a visitor's bureau, and is the owner and editor of a tourist publication. She's always telling me good writers are hard to find. I called her and she'd like to meet you."

"Look, Mr. Corbett....Donovan....you don't have to feel obligated to take care of me. What happened wasn't your fault. I'm used to being on my own and I really can take care of myself."

"Understood, but you have to understand something too. Cousin Marian is no southern peach blossom and my recommendation carries no weight at all, in fact, it could even work against you. She's one of the few members of my family who actually knows about the interests I've pursued and she's a very tough lady. Trust me, the south would not have fallen if she'd been running things in 1865. Anyway, the only thing she's agreed to is an interview. If you want the job, you're going to have to prove it to her. I have a few copies of her magazine in the library if you want to see them."

Laci thought about it. "Okay. It can't hurt to meet her. Thanks for setting it up."

"You're very welcome and from where she is to the southern part of Tennessee is only about a six hour drive." She still appeared willing to listen so he decided to continue. "I guess you know about Harding setting fire to the house." He saw her nod. "Since I can't live in the ashes, I thought I might relocate to the place I have in Georgia. It's not as big as the other place but it's big enough. It has a guesthouse in the back and it's only a couple of miles from where you'd be working. I thought if you stayed in the guesthouse for a while, you'd have the chance to save some money and get back on your feet."

"You're going to live in the main house while I live in the guesthouse?" She looked at him suspiciously. "I don't think that's a good idea."

"We'd have Victor to chaperone. Unlike you, I still haven't learned to do many things on my own. I need to keep him around."

"Victor would be there?" She actually seemed to be considering it. "I guess I should talk to your cousin before I make any final decisions."

"Understood." They sat quietly, side by side for a while, watching the moon. Finally he turned to her. "Laci? Did anyone ever tell you the story about the grumpy boy unicorn with the magical golden horn?"

Things moved quickly during the next few months.

Marian Corbett was a very tough lady but she also knew a good thing and a talented writer when she saw one. She hired Laci at their first meeting. Laci did have one huge advantage. It was true she could write and had a great work ethic, but the fact she had bested 'Cousin Donny' at anything, made Marian positive she would be perfect for the job. Laci's columns showcasing a newcomer's view of the city, are immensely popular with both locals and tourists.

Victor was only too happy to help Laci get unpacked and settled in the guesthouse. Although Marian assured 'Cousin Donny' she'd be keeping an eye on him, she seemed to be keeping a closer eye on Victor, who seemed to be looking right back.

The training facility and all its equipment, including the ice chest were gone. Even though Donovan's many security cameras had captured Frank Harding in the act of arson, the man had mysteriously vanished, most likely to avoid prosecution. It was going to be awhile until an insurance settlement came through.

It was no surprise when a videotape arrived from some of Donovan's new acquaintances. Watching it made Donovan wonder if Frank Harding was surprised at how many creative ways his chair of nails could be used. After several viewings, Donovan burned the tape deciding it was best Laci didn't happen across it. She had enough creative ideas of her own. Helping her get back on her feet was one thing, but Donovan was learning it was best not to give her, and her curiosity, too much assistance.

Laci still enjoys talking to and getting to know different people, listening to their stories and situations, hearing about the things that make them do what they do and feel what they feel. Her curiosity is endless.

Donovan is always surprised at Laci's curiosity and learns new things about her every day. He has made a number of Prom Queen approved renovations to his home. His own curiosity was happily aroused when those approved renovations included paddles, riding crops and several other useful implements.

Laci vetoed all walk-in ice chests and freezers. He grumbled, then used his own power of veto on any and every whip. When she agreed, without grumbling, he wondered suspiciously if she had one hidden somewhere.......just in case of emergency.

Laci still uses 'Popsicle Princess' lip gloss and her unicorn has been christened with a new name....Prince.

Of course it has.

Ì Ì Ì Ì Ì Ì Ì

Thank you for reading my first story and thank you to Bigg_Mike for his insight and editing assistance. Wasn't sure if the story belonged in Romance or Humor, but in the end I chose Romance, and I'm already working on a continuation of Laci & Donovan's story.

coldhandsÌ