All Comments on 'Professor Fleming Lectures on the Necessity...'

by otis_from_helotes

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
eWomaneWomanalmost 11 years ago
It pleases...

me to take the first shot. First of all -- this is strictly on first-reading gut reaction, and I will revisit this story in days to come. OK...here goes -- great writing. Reads fast and clearly lays out the basis. All technical bases are covered skillfully.

Second (and this is where I go over the cliff)...seems like a great combo of the philosophies of the tper's (and you know who they are), atlas shrugged, and wall streeters intent on banishing those who simply want a chance to work and have a decent standard of living.

To sum it up as simply as I can -- it's an imaginative condemnation of current economic policies wrapped up neatly in a wonderfully salacious erotic journey.

The big 5 stars for you -- and by god, there better be more. Thanks. I WILL be back for more. Take care...and ya' know I'm luvin' it!

mel_pomenemel_pomenealmost 11 years ago
Pretty good - thank you

I don't think it is the best idea to start your story by implying that your readers are too dumb to read and understand your story; as the old saying has it, 'No-one likes a smart-arse'.

So what happens now I have, apparently, struggled to read it, failed to understand it AND posted a comment on it? Do tell.

As I said in the title, not bad at all - but never make the mistake of thinking yourself smarter than your readership or you WILL fail - and you don't deserve to fail; just wind in that proud neck a little and you will do well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
It pleases me 2

What she (eWoman) said!

eWomaneWomanalmost 11 years ago
geez mel_pomme...

you're confusing a challenge with arrogance. Maybe I'm wrong in my evaluation. Take a little time to think about this author's premise. Challenge me. But do not make the mistake of thinking that just because you're offended that the rest of us are.

My take on this story is that this is a sophisticated interpretation on current events. And I hope you take the time to consider the point of view. And I'm thankful this author didn't fall into the 'beat someone's ass and everyone will love my story' formula.

Me? I'd rather take on the challenge of sorting through this, rather than lapse into lame accusations. I applaud this author for venturing into 'daring' territory. And I welcome the expectation that the challenge will be met.

And guess what...some of like to think about more than women/men getting beat up and abused, which is the all-so-predictable and too-often storyline in lit stories. And while they are (and I enjoy them too) stimulating -- they do nothing to stimulate my mind.

This is an intriguing beginning to what I hope will be a story above and beyond the usual drivel of submission to bdsm abuse -- be it male or female.

I'm still luvin' it. And yes -- no matter what anyone else has to say -- bring it on! And again...my thanks to otis_from_helotes. And ps to dear mel: consider the option that my take may be all wrong and counter it with something that challenges my argument.

Take care and have a great weekend to all...luv my lit!

Literoticareader99Literoticareader99almost 11 years ago
You asked for it:

You dared me to comment on your story. Well here it is:

You presented this as a solution to the economic woes of the U.S. and at first glance it looks like that: it would essentially privatize welfare, allowing wealthy dominant people to buy welfare bound submissive people, thus removing them from welfare. It may also have the effect of eliminating lower tier jobs (i.e. food service) since these jobs would be performed by slaves for no wage. Here's where I poke holes in your argument:

Hole #1: You did not address retirees and their role in our current economic mess. They drain far more wealth from the government than those on welfare, but your solution doesn't work. Very few people would be interested in a 70 year old sex slave (talk about your niche market!).

Hole #2: you talk about "Slavery Enablement Statutes of 2018." which legalized slavery. You must have been sleeping through Civics and American History classes. Slavery was outlawed by a constitutional amendment (the 13th to be exact) and can only be overturned or modified by another constitutional amendment. So what you propose is unconstitutional. what do you think would happen the first time a minority was enslaved? Every civil right organization would be falling over themselves in their rush to file a lawsuit against it. The same would happen if the child of a rich "dominant" was enslaved (except the lawsuit would be filed by Daddy's lawyers). It wouldn't survive for a week. Once it's been overturned, any wealth seized in the enslavement process (such as the Carl's wealth in your previous story) would have to be returned.

Hole#3: You talk about lazy submissive people holding jobs above the students, but if they earned those jobs then they must have proven themselves worthy of freedom. Just because they are sexually submissive doesn't mean they should be slaves (unless they truly want to be and ask to be). Perhaps you need a provision where a person can voluntarily ask to be enslaved.

Hole #4: Finally, what are you going to do with slaves who have gotten to old to perform sexually? Euthanize them? That is illegal, since legally, they are still human beings; unless you want to create a constitutional amendment reclassifying them as some type of animal. Otherwise you have a new economic problem: how to care for retired slaves.

Obviously, the story is satirical; since it is really just your kinky sexual fantasy.

FA_JFFA_JFalmost 11 years ago
What to say....what to say...

Ah!

To quote Daffy Duck, "It is to laugh."

PirettePirettealmost 11 years ago
Loved the story!

I, for one, enjoyed your story, for the story's sake.

The world you created is awesome! It is, at the same time fantastic and quite believable!

I hope there is a sequel, or several, in the works.

Thanx for a thought provoking read!

~P

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Half the Truth

Your analysis of the possible economic meltdown has the ring of truth about it.

However, to go from there to slavery of the weaker people as the chosen solution is unlikely, I my opinion.

What is more likely to happen is massive social disruption - unemployment, riots, increasing illegal activities and possibly famine and disease. This would lead to the popular support for a much more dictatorial government. But the big difference is that everybody would be a slave!

So, as my title says, your story is only "Half the Truth"

America and the World - beware!!

Not a bad story otherwise. You get my vote for President!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
welcome to the face-book generation

ha!

BrightlyGoBrightlyGoover 10 years ago
this slave begs to disagree...

The economics of slavery you posit don't really work. You get more economic 'growth' (churn, really) from getting everyone into the measurable economy, even if it's through wage-slavery than though uncompensated sexual slavery, even if you can buy and sell the slaves.

You also leave out how the greater mass of slaves who aren't hot chicks get handled. Some presumably do useful work, even if they're not that sexually appealing. What about those who are neither hot little bimbos nor possessed of marketable skills? Are they 'sold down the river' to do back-breaking labor in deplorable conditions (even if they can't do it very well or for very long)? Re-processed into Soylent Green? Used for reactor shielding? Or, worse, forcibly emancipated?

...

As far as there being people who are naturally wired to be submissive slaves, well, yeah, i don't know how many of us there are, but we exist... ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
WTF

Da fuk I just read!?!

Steve150177Steve150177about 10 years ago
This story is repeaded with a different title

There I left my 1st comment.

Literoticareader99 left a very good comment. One error is -- the 13th Amendment has a loophole. Slavery is OK for those who have committed a crime. Just make being or acting on being a natural submissive a crime and it becomes constitutional.

It is argued that -- "society can't support" the natural submissives who are on welfare or are working [and paying taxes]. But, as slaves they are being "supported" by their owner who is a part of "society". They are just being supported with the living style that their owner sets, not welfare or themselves.

It is argued that just because "something" is good for the audience that it is therefore moral is DEEPLY FLAWED. I could imagine a meeting of poor people wherein the speaker asks this similar question. "Is it moral to take something that you want from a person who now has it, at the point of a gun?" And have the audience agree that it is.

. . Just because students will find advancement faster if people above them are enslaved does not make it moral to enslave them. I'm reminded of the original Star Trek episode where Kirk, etc., are transported to a parallel universe wherein Star Fleet officers routinely murder those above them to "create empty slots".

The story, like a lot of stories, ignores the truism, "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely." The natural submissive is not hungering to be beaten to death, but this is what would happen to some of them.

I therefore find the story to be deeply flawed. I will not vote though.

Steve150177Steve150177about 10 years ago
It would be nice though

This story is, as I just said, deeply flawed.

However, I would like the law to recognize the BDSM lifestyle and especially the M/s relationship. The voluntary M/s relationship.

I have a friend who is mentally impaired. Her sister helped her find a Master. She lived with him for 3 years doing a live-in maid's job and sex slave too. Then they broke up. She got no pay and no payments to Soc. Sec. either. He died and left her nothing in his will either.

Steve150177Steve150177about 10 years ago
The per capita income of the US

The per capita income of the US [2012] was $57,000+.

This is more than any of these nations.

. . Canada, Germany, Denmark, UK, and France.

These nations can "take care of" their retired people even though their per capita income is less, in some cases much less.

I have heard politicians say, "This is the greatest, richest nation that the world has ever known." Please make note of the present tense of the verb "is".

And then the same Politicians can say, "This nation is broke (meaning has no money)." Again, "is" is present tense.

I ask you, how can both statements be true? They can't. One or the other is a political lie. Since the US per capita income is in fact very high compared to other normal nations (not like Kuwait), my guess is, it is the claim that the US is "broke".

Solution -- double taxes on the very rich. Then we don't even appear broke.

rbw65Xrbw65Xover 3 years ago
Accepting the dare

I know the story is fiction. The dare is clever. I am submissive, deeply submissive. And the story strikes a chord with me. I have submitted fully to my Owner and Domme, and enjoy her sexual ownership of me. Obviously it is different than the fictionalized legal slavery presented here. But I loved the story and found it very exciting to my submissive soul.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This author has a dangerous view of humanity. While as a submissive, I love stories about consensual non-consent that push one’s boundaries, the premise of this story is all wrong. It assumes that submissives are weak individuals who behave like lemmings, blindly following a leader. It assumes that submissives are a burden on society, who only take, and give only orgasms.

Submissives CHOOSE to whom they submit and the behaviors they will tolerate. They are some of the most intelligent, competent, creative, moral people on the planet. They are often the people that get things done, because they don’t have to be the ones in the limelight.

The author’s society would be a Pottersville: only the selfish rich and their minions would have a good life; everyone else would have to fight it out at the bottom of society. (Note that the professor talks about how much it costs the rich parents of these students to send them to that Ivy League institution. Money talks, not intelligence or achievement, in that world.)

We are all wired differently, with varying degrees of submission and domination as part of our personality. And we may appear to be more one than the other, depending on the circumstances and the people involved. Men who are captains of industry often go home and submit sexually to their wives. (They often say it is an stress-reliever to not have to be in charge.) If we have children, we need to lead them in the right directions to have them become healthy, contributing member of society, sometimes forcefully, for their own safety.

In this story, anyone who even for a moment enjoys sexually submitting to another, if only to see what it’s like, can be arrested, stripped of their clothing, their resources, and their rights, and led around naked in public on a leash, enslaved for the rest of their life, and sold from one person to another. While it may be an exciting sexual fantasy, it’s a dangerous premise for a future society-actually a worse form of “Nineteen Eighty-Four.”

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous