Providence

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"If I were you, I would save my pleas for my own life. I'm just going to give this boy a lesson that one day he'll thank me for.

You see Josh there is nothing for free in life, everything that you do in life has consequences some good, some bad and some terrible. There are major consequences for taking another man's wife, ruining their lives and the lives of their children!" Richard said as he approached a now cowering Josh who was trying to cover his balls as he cried, sobbed and begged for his life.

When Richard was within striking distance he punched Josh with an uppercut with the gun in his hand. There was a sickening sound as he broke his jaw and laid Josh out flat on his back.

"Don't pass out on me Josh your lesson has just begun and I wouldn't want you unconscious for the rest of it or you won't learn anything about consequences" he said as he kicked him between his legs with such force on his naked genitals it would be surprising if he hadn't inflicted some serious damage.

Richard was watching his wife who was within his peripheral vision as she was trying to reach the phone, if she could just get it off the hook the hotel switchboard might send someone up to see if everything was alright, with her head turned away from Richard she didn't notice that he had moved up Josh's body who after throwing up was dry retching and coughing and spluttering but not yet unconscious.

Richard reckoned he had enough time and with all the strength he could muster kicked Josh's rib cage and was rewarded with another sickening sound of a crack as he broke two of Josh's ribs with the one well-placed kick.

The sound caused Claire to stop and turn around to see what had happened, what she saw was Richard pointing the gun at her and the sound of him pulling back the hammer.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you Claire you just might get yourself killed..." Richard said with a voice as hard as steel looking her dead in the eyes. She could see no emotion in those eyes not a flicker almost as if she was looking into the eyes of a dead man. She lowered her own and moved away from the phone. Richard slowly released the hammer on his gun.

Richard wasn't finished with Josh, nearly, but not quite.

"When you make a cuckold out of a man, a real man, you take away something indescribable from him. It is a combination of his honor, his ego, his self-esteem, his self-respect and that unique sense of being a man it all just disappears, I don't know if I will ever get it back, feel like a man again..." Richard continued as he hefted another kick right between Josh's legs and then picking him up by his neck like a rag doll though they were about the same size and build with his left hand he punched him twice in quick succession in both eyes that immediately began to swell as he still was carrying his gun in his right hand.

That had been what can be best described as the coup de grace for Josh because as he let Josh go he crumbled to the floor unmoving, unfeeling, unconscious.

Richard gave him another parting kick to the other side of his rib cage and the resulting crack could be heard as Richard broke more of Josh's body.

Claire's emotions couldn't take anymore, she was sure that it would now be her turn and her body in a last ditch effort to save her as she was going into emotional overload switched off and she went into a dead faint, crumbling to the floor.

Richard looked first at Josh and was satisfied that he had taught that boy a lesson he was not about to forget in a very long time. He would be out for about fifteen minutes he reckoned maybe longer but he doubted that he had inflicted any permanent damage even with the kicks to his genitals.

A youth's body was resilient and time would heal what wounds Richard had inflicted on him. A few broken ribs, he'd need his jaw rewired and his body would be receiving it's nourishment through a straw for a while and his genital area would be heavily bruised and he wouldn't be able to see clearly as the bruises to his eyes would close them but all would heal with time in the end unlike him God only knew when he would heal that is if he ever did.

He sighed it was time for the finale of this terrible evening, he went into the adjoining bathroom and filled a glass full of water came back to where Claire was lying and with his boot moved her onto her back he spilled the contents of the glass on to her face. Claire sputtered and flung her arm over her eyes as she came too. In an instant it all came back to her and as if by reflex she looked over at Josh and was relieved to see that he was still breathing. Richard sat down next to her.

"I told you both that I was going to give him a lesson in consequences it will be a long time before he ever considers taking another man's wife and life away from him. He is a big stupid asshole but I think he will learn the lesson I gave him while he recuperates in hospital.

You my sweet Claire are not going to be so fortunate. But before I kill you I want to know just one thing if you give me a satisfactory response I will turn the gun on myself.

Why?

I just can't make any sense out of it. Josh isn't as handsome as I am, his cock is smaller, he has fuck all intelligence, he wouldn't recognize witty or smart if it was to slap him in the face in fact other than that he is younger than me he hasn't got a single thing going for him.

And don't try and tell me he is a better lover than me because I know from his body language that he isn't. So why stake everything you have in your life for this piece of shit?" Richard asked almost pleadingly.

Claire looked into Richard's eyes and she could see him in them again but he hadn't put his gun away and she knew that her answer was going to cost either his life or her life and for the first time that night she knew that he meant what he said and the strangest thing struck her Richard was right about Josh and she really didn't have an explanation to give him. She was bored with her life, she was frightened of growing old and ugly, because she could, these were some of the reasons but only a fool would gamble everything they had on what amounted to an ego boosting whim and Richard knew that Claire was no fool so her answer would condemn her.

"Richard do your worst because there is no reason that justifies what I have done to you but I'm going to plead with you to spare my life for your own good and that of your children. If you kill me you will be robbing them of both their parents for you will surely be caught and if you aren't sentenced to death you will certainly spend the rest of your life behind bars, what then will happen to the children?"

"Nice try Claire but I don't see it that way. Sure I can be put at the same hotel as you and lover boy but no one has seen me approach you and no one has seen me go into the elevator and come into your room there is no sign of a forced entry.

You might have noticed that I'm wearing gloves so there will be no prints left behind and my registered gun I threw away a long time ago because you kept bugging me about it the kids can attest to that.

What the cops will get out of this is strictly circumstantial evidence of opportunity which I won't attempt to deny and I intend to head home as soon as I'm done, the kids will be asleep by the time I arrive and I have no intention of wakening them so the cops can't establish a time line from when I was last seen at the bar until I got home.

There is absolutely no evidence at all of murder and no murder weapon as for the sound of the two shots I need I think I can muffle them sufficiently so that they don't draw too much attention. The cops might know that I killed you and Josh but believe me they will not be able to prove it and with Paul Cohen, probably the best criminal lawyer in America, as my defense lawyer and who also happens to owe me a favor I think I can beat the system and get off completely vindicated and I can act the bereaved husband role very well all I have to do is rerun tonight and watching you and Josh in my head and honestly I believe I could even cry.

You are spoiled goods what we call in the trade seconds and I know you are of no worth to me I don't want you anywhere near Em your influence might harm her and her future in life. She is well behaved, well-mannered and well educated and who is only now a woman in the biological sense of the word but not the mental or emotional sense of the word, just when she needs her mother most, her mother decides to become a slut and chase strange cock.

What would happen if she were to ever see you with Josh or whoever will take his place she might find your behavior acceptable enough to emulate as you would have to ask her to lie to me and you would have to justify your lie for her to accept it.

As for Bob, I'm not so worried about him, he is fast becoming the man that I always hoped him to be and their grandparents will take care of them as they are excellent examples of God fearing, respectful and moral people.

Sorry Claire if I have let you down by getting older but only God can give and take away youth and I'm far from being God. No I'll take my chances, your explanation isn't good enough, do you want to pray for forgiveness and mercy, I can give you a couple of minutes."

"I beg you Richard don't do this thing it'll haunt you for the rest of your life..."

"I take it you have nothing to ask of the Lord so Claire, don't worry I'll pray that God forgives you because I sure as hell won't. Goodbye..."

Richard wrapped the gun with a pillow and placed it to Claire's forehead between her eyes she couldn't see a thing or feel anything other than the soft pillow she heard him pull back the hammer on his gun she was paralyzed with fear but she closed her eyes as Richard squeezed the trigger, Claire was expecting to hear the shot release from its chamber but what they both heard was the sound of the hammer hit a dud bullet.

Richard looked down the barrel of his gun as if wondering what had happened then Claire who had her eyes closed waiting for the second shot heard Richard say,

"Claire, do you believe in Providence?"

"You want to have a fucking philosophical discussion with me before you kill me?" Clare asked incredulously tears streaming down her face.

"Just answer the question do you believe in providence?" Richard insisted.

"It just so happens that I do." Claire replied a glimmer of that most illustrious human trait 'hope' returning to her for the first time since she was convinced he was going to kill her.

"Well you're lucky because you see I do and what is more I believe that I fired the gun on a dud bullet because Providence, that superior being that has been evident all evening is giving me a message; it isn't your time to die and I would be a fool to tempt Providence. I don't kill you means I don't kill Josh either" Richard moved the gun out of his right hand and stuck it back in the small of his back and covered it with his jacket.

Claire was softly weeping, it isn't easy to stare death in the face and remain alive she softly thanked God over and over with entreaties that never again would she break his commandments.

"I have a few instructions Claire and they are to be followed to the letter do you understand me? Do you realize how serious I am about what you have done? Do you fully realize had it not been for Providence you would be dead right now?" Richard said as if speaking to a child.

"Yes Richard I'll do whatever you say..." Claire said thankfully.

"Good, I'm going to leave the hotel by the window, I'll find a way of climbing down and into my car and head back home. You are going to have to call an ambulance for lover boy he will have some interior haemorrhaging around the eyes and at his crutch. You are to give me a ten minutes start then call reception and tell them that you caught a burglar entering your room from the window and he beat Josh up took all your jewelery and money and left as he came by the window. Now give me everything you've got of value including your credit cards and go over to lover boy and retrieve all the presents you gave him and anything else he has of value.

Quickly Claire gave Richard all her jewellery and her wedding bands that she had left in her vanity case before gingerly moving over to Josh and stripping him of his necklace, rings and bracelets before going through his wallet and taking out about $20 he was carrying and passed them to Richard.

"His cell phone too.

Now listen to me really carefully, if Josh or you mention my name to the hotel or police and they come after me I promise you that within 24 hours of the police touching me or holding me you will be both dead. Make no mistake Claire I mean every word I'm saying, are we clear on that?"

"Yes Richard I swear your name will not be mentioned and I'll make sure that Josh gets the message loud and clear. But what will I say to his parents?"

"Try something really radical like telling them the truth, just make sure my name isn't mentioned. Tomorrow when you have sorted Josh and explained the situation to his parents you are to come home where you will explain to Bob and Emily that you no longer love me and have met another man who you have fallen in love with and you have decided you can no longer live without him so you are leaving home.

Not one word more or one word less. Josh's parents are bound to figure out the truth but if you stick to your story with the kids and Josh sticks with his story about the burglar there will be no problem."

"Richard you can't be serious, I can't tell my children that I'm leaving them and you for another man they will hate and despise me and where will I go, I can't go to my parents as I would have to tell them the truth." Claire said as she began to sob again.

"I have given you your options it is for you to choose but as sure as you are sitting there I mean every word I say. Do you think for one second that I could live with you under the same roof after what I have seen and heard tonight? Do you think that I will somehow transform my character to that of a cuckold and a wimp for you to betray and humiliate again? If you do then all I can say is you have no idea not a clue of the character of the man you married." Richard said forcefully.

"Providence may not be so kind to you the next time round and Josh got off with just a thorough beating. But what is that in comparison to what he has done to a once happy and loving family and their complete destruction, I believe I have shown a great deal of self-restraint and he got off easy.

Whatever you decide is up to you, now I'm leaving and whenever you show up at home I'll be waiting and Claire you underestimated me once don't try a second time because I assure you there will be no place that you can run or hide that my friends won't find you and when they do I assure you that I'll have a 100% fool proof alibi because I will either be in Jail or I'll arrange to be with your parents when the deed is done.

Whenever you show up I'll have already discreetly backed your bags for you so come prepared to take them and anything else that belongs to you and as for divorce, I'll appoint my own lawyer and you can do what you want. The house will remain the family home for the kids I want them disturbed as little as possible, what you do is your business, remember that you have set all this in motion not me and I have not a single intent of paying you any more either financially or emotionally.

Now do you fully understand what the consequences you are going to have to pay for your affair with Josh and everything I have said?" Richard concluded in a balanced, modulated voice that gave even more credence to what he said coming from the head and not from his emotions not from his heart.

"Yes Richard, I understand everything I know that what Josh and I have done is inexcusable I wish I could say something to ease your pain but there is nothing that I can come up with, you have already said it all.

I don't know when I'll be a home tomorrow a lot will depend on Josh and his parents as they are going to want an explanation of what we were doing together in a hotel when the burglar broke in and they are not going to be very happy with the conclusion that I have nothing to dissuade them from reaching.

Let us not discuss divorce, I have no intention of re-marrying in the foreseeable future if ever and I doubt that you have plans in the direction either. I know I don't have to tell you but make sure you take good care of our children and the fact that they are such good people today is a result of the manner they were bought up which is of some solace to me.

I know you don't believe we have anything further to say to one another but I believe we do. It will do us both good to at least have some form of closure for you more than for me. Promise me that you will think about that is all I can ask so we can both put it behind us.

I never in my life thought I would see a day that you would shoot me and, yes Richard you shot me, and if it had not been for Providence I would be dead right now. I can tell you that when you have looked death in the face a million regrets go through your mind.

I know I have thrown it all away, everything I had including all I helped to build and the most wonderful and loving husband a woman could wish for with your big loving heart and for me to drive you to that extreme that you were quite prepared to kill me, well like I said I have no excuses but I must have lost all focus on what is important in life in our lives yours and mine and our children.

You will not suffer any more I assure you, I accept and believe everything you have told me and I will follow your instructions to the letter and I will make absolutely sure that Josh does the same. Claire had been sobbing softly as she said what she needed to say.

"We'll leave any further discussion of this episode when I have fully absorbed what has happened and when I'm ready I will give some thought to what you have just said about closure and getting along with our lives. As for you seeing the children let's just wait and see what their reaction will be to you mea culpa tomorrow." Richard said his emotions exhausted by the evening.

And without another word Richard slipped out the window and found it quite easy to shimmer down the four floors to the ground unnoticed, get into his car and drive away eager to get home where he might find some semblance of sanity to cling to before he lost his mind completely.

As I come to close this sad tale of Richard and Claire there is one thing I didn't mention. It concerns Richard's father's gun lessons that the reader might find to be instructive.

Richard's dad as I mentioned respected guns and was very security conscious about those he had in his collection and he passed this on to his son who followed every word his wise dad had ever told him.

His Dad had taught Richard an additional safety measure that he should take when there were children in the house or when he might be drunk and angry on a night out when he became a teenager and was not thinking properly and that was to always keep the first chamber of his gun empty which Richard still did to this day out of habit.

He had never intended to kill Claire nor would he, but she would never know that and the fear he had put into her heart would ensure that she think out all the consequences of her future actions before making an irrational decision again. Richard was sure that everything he demanded from her she would fully comply.

There would be no divorce courts giving her the children, taking off him his house and obliging him to pay her alimony to spend on her present and future lovers. And arguments and blackmail on visitation rights and lawyers making a packet and destroying their financial security. Claire was sure that she had driven him beyond endurance and he was not frightened to kill her if he felt he needed to.