Rainey's Song Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

So she kissed him.

He wasn't fully facing her, though, so she could only reach his jaw. When he turned, his dark eyes glittered in the moonlight like the water flowing beneath their feet. Leaning down, he kissed her fully. When she sighed against his mouth and parted her lips, he shoved his hand into her hair.

Aidan's mind, and worse, his body, went right back to their entwined limbs on his couch just that morning. Pulling her more fully against him, he grunted with frustration when the fabric of his own windbreaker kept him from touching her more completely.

Satisfying himself with running both hands through her hair, he stroked downward until he was cupping the warmth of her cheekbones in both his hands. Long minutes passed as they explored each other's mouths until, panting, they broke apart, foreheads resting together, pulses pounding in unison.

"I think we're going to have to take a rain check on that chocolate cake," he said. If he didn't get her home soon, he knew they'd end up rolling around half-naked on the bridge. While the idea held a certain appeal, he didn't want that to be Rainey's first experience of lovemaking.

Getting himself under control, he tilted her chin up so he could look into her eyes. God he'd missed her and they'd only been apart for a few hours. She was definitely turning into an addiction, but he found that he didn't mind nearly as much as he probably should have.

There was a reason why he'd brought her here tonight. All the things he loved about Imogen Cunningham's photography, Rainey reminded him of. The innocence, the sensuality and uniqueness. It was all there inside her.

"Go out with me," he heard himself say. "On a date. A real one."

"I'd love to." The smile she gave him warmed him to his toes.

They sat for a while longer, alternating between quietly talking and simply enjoying the quiet. Finally, when the moon had risen high in the sky, marking the lateness of the hour, he helped her to her feet, his mood incredibly light.

"You know," he said, as they walked hand-in-hand up the embankment, "I've always wanted to recreate that Imogen Cunningham nude portrait." His tone turned sly. "I just need to find a willing female to play the part."

Rainey's laughter reached him in the darkness. "Good luck with that. I might have a friend or two I could ask."

"No, that's okay," he told her. "I already have someone in mind."

"Oh? Do I know her?"

"Yeah," he teased, "her name's Karen—ow!" He rubbed his arm where she'd punched him. "God, I wish I'd known you were violent before I asked you out."

She arched a brow. "I guess you've conveniently forgotten repeatedly swatting me this morning."

Aidan cleared his throat. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Both laughing, they quickly fell back into comfortable silence. It wasn't until they'd fully climbed the hill and were walking back to his car that Rainey looked up at him.

"Thanks for sharing Imogen with me."

For a moment, he could do nothing but stare down at her, his heart pounding in his chest. It still amazed him that she affected him this way. A few words, a look, even a simple sigh had his pulse racing. Her thanking him for Imogen was no different. Such a simple phrase, but he sensed that she knew that by sharing Imogen with her, he'd been sharing a part of himself, too.

He stopped and stared down at her, struck by how bright and clear her eyes looked in the moonlight. "You're welcome," he finally murmured, his voice sounding thick to his own ears.

Then, in the middle of the street, with an occasional car passing by, he kissed her.