All Comments on 'Rainy Day Rubdown: Tom's Story'

by patricia51

Sort by:
  • 66 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 20 years ago
Very Good!

I enjoyed this very much. Two people loving one another; breaking apart, resolving their differences, and getting together again with a heart attack to weld them together!

AnonymousAnonymousover 20 years ago
Unrealistic ending

So the seducer gets to marry someone and have no consequences. The cheater reconciles and they live happily ever after -- this is certainly not art imitating life.

ScribblerosScribblerosabout 20 years ago
Don't think its that unrealistic.

Mr Anonymous,

Take a look around you. Do you see movies with realism? Or read any stories with realism? This was a good story. Lets face it. The ending was slightly dramatic, but it wasn't that unrealistic. Most men think with their ****. So the author has got that part right.

Cheers,

Sam

dsidedsideabout 20 years ago
Sorry,

I must be a vengeful person but I can't see this happening.

If she really loved him so much she wouldn't have done it in the first place let alone make it a long time affair. To add salt to the wound she issued an ultimatum that she wasn't giving her lover up under any circumstances. If this was in real life she would be cheating again in six months.

What did the note say that she left?

rpsuchrpsuchabout 20 years ago
not just the ending

The ending isn't the only problem. "He heard that Gina and Cindy had moved into an apartment together. The stress of the last two months produced an interesting discovery in himself. He found he didn't care."

Hate is much closer to love than indifference. How does he go from the above to loving her and not being able to be without her?

He wasn't punishing her by not wanting her back. He knew he couldn't trust her. If she did it again it would kill him. So when he takes her back, what has she learned? That even after the most thoughtless, hurtful behavior, he'll take her back. If she strays again, what has she learned? That he'll take her back because he loves her too much to be without her. She doesn't even need to get divorced next time. He can support her and her lover until she returns.

the Troubadorthe Troubadorabout 20 years ago
Trust is the key

I just reread this piece. As before I gloried in the angst Patti pulled into the story. Having it a lesbian afair was a nice, unusual twist. Leave it to Patti to add that turn.

But the story tries to be realistic, and until near the end it followed well. But the mister having a heart attack, mostly brought on by his ex-wife's betrayal, and using this to signify he could now trust her makes absolutely no sense. I'm left wondering how strong the marriage had been for the wife in the first place. Certainly not strong enough to give her any guidance, any understanding about what she had done to her husband.

Okay, after she discovered she had lost her friends, family and respect from all those who knew her she was certainly sorry. But was that enough to cement the marriage if her husband can be manipulated into giving her a chance?

The man has absolutely no reason to believe she can be trusted when and if their marriage gets routine again. As Patti knows, I strongly believe in second chances, but Gina hasn't done anything to give her ex a reason to give her that chance. It would have been more effective to have the husband die from that heart attack. Maybe she would understand the next time she asks someone to trust her.

Doug

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
A well done story

Patricia,

I thought this was a very realistic story and I thought the ending left everyone to assume what they will. Obviously, most thought he would take her back with no qualms. But, it seemed to me he had many yet and that their recovery would take a long time. You have a nice way of seeing both sides and convey the characters traits very well. It would have been interesting to explore her thinking as she tried to win Tom back and see what realizations she came to as she faced her actions and the messages it sent. Yet, I found it very entertaining. I look forward to more of your stories.

ScintillatingScintillatingabout 20 years ago
Great stuff!

I really thought Tom was going to die for a minute there, and was thinking that it would serve Gina right, but was too glad that he survived to hold it against you as a writer. :-)

Your writing is excellent. Thanks for the story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Real World?

The first part of the story was comfortable, I started having problems when Cindy appeared out of the blue and started lecturing Tom as to how he should be dealing with and treating his former wife of 24 years, who had been seduced by the same person now serving as his source of moral guidance. I realize Patricia as a woman you have a unique perspective as to how a woman thinks. Rest assured this has no reality with a man's perspective. He would of either slammed the door in her face or gave her a piece of his mind not invited her in, and at no time considered her not evil. Doesn't compute.

jaggers0053jaggers0053almost 20 years ago
unsettled

rpsuch mentioned an old truism, about love and hate.

the line between love and hate is very fine, and the reason is because they are both caused by the same thing: caring. you love because you care and you hate because you care. indifference is the worst emotion of all because once you no longer care all hope is gone.

i thought Tom's story was great until he started to get lectured by his protagonists,Gina and Cindy,two people who are hardly in any position to judge him.

and really, exactly what lesson has Gina learned? after newness of her affair wears off,after her lover finds another,after she has no one else,does she realize how much she "loves" Tom and can't do without him.

Tom's initial thought when Gina wanted to return was could he ever trust her again was very valid.the ending was too peachy clean (thought i had returned to the land of Ozzie n Hariett!)i think a better ending would have shown hope for the future and a long way to go.

have not read all of your stories but have enjoyed all that i have read.easy to read but thought provoking,too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
You changed the story

Patricia,

You have edited the story a bit, why did you do that? I liked the additions. Does this mean you have thought about an ending to this story that you like? I would be very interested in how you would tell the tale of their recovery and life.

Still a very good story by one of the best writers on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Too easy for her

First I thoroughly enjoyed the story, and many of your other works. However, like some other commenters, I have a problem with the ending. I have no problem with them ending up together. I am a sucker for a "happy ending". It just seems a little too easy.

Cindy's viewpoint is a little one-side for me. She recognizes how seriously wrong their actions were. She knows she will never cheat on her vows because remembers the look on Tom's face and thinks about that look on her fiance's face. Yet she acts like it is simply a matter of Tom forgiving Gina. That is not the case. As you note when she first asks to come home, it's a matter of trust.

Cindy jumps on "two wrongs don't make a right." I don't see that Tom has done anything wrong to that point, except possibly allowing Gina to do all of the things you indicate she is doing (errands, etc.). She blames Tom for Gina's current unhappiness. That is ridiculous. Cindy and Gina are responsible for Gina's current unhappiness. NO ONE ELSE. The fact that Tom is unable to trust his wife after discovering an affair which went on for some time does not mean he is doing anyone a wrong. Cindy and Gina have to recognize that trust is earned by actions. The same is true for mis-trust. Gina threw away Tom's trust and has earned Tom's mis-trust, now she will have to re-earn his trust. Just as the original trust was earned by her actions over the years of their marriage, she cannot expect to re-earn that trust in a few weeks.

After re-reading the entire series, it is clear that Gina made a conscious choice to advance this ilicit relationship (I forget whether that was in Gina's or Cindy's story). Cindy was ready to let it drop so as not to hurt the marriage and Tom. Gina even continued the affair after she knew that Tom would be apprised of what the church gossip saw. Gina had no regard for Tom until she realized that she had lost everything that matters; her family, her friends and their trust.

At a minimum Tom has to make it clear that there will be no third chance. She has know to that if she chooses to once again risk all of the important things for the thrill she notes in her "confession" she will have no chance for another redemption. I also think they need to explore what made her willing to risk everything she had in the first place.

All-in-all I really enjoyed the story. In fact that is true of most of your work. When I look at the new stories I always look for the authors and when I see you listed that is a story I check out quickly.

Thanks for your efforts.

rip32rip32over 19 years ago
She Got Him

She fucked his brains out and the next morning he had a heart attack. Was this part of her plan? We all know how sneaky women can be. lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Very Good Story

It's a very good story, Pat, regardless of the detracters.

I'm not too sure where you would go with another chapter unless you wish to drag them through more coals.

Their life together will be touchy for a long time.

Enjoy your stories so please continue to write them.

Nightowl21

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Well Written But

Your abilities are strong - you want to do the right thing and your style and stories indicate that but contriving here isn't nice and it shouldn't fit you so well. It may be romantic and warm but it isn't always possible is it?

You may think you know a mans mind but do you? It isn't just trust thats affected - it's respect of self and spouse which is damaged. Most offended husbands are fragile guys who wouldn't have sex with an ex he divorced (unless his motives were not pure)- and he wouldn't have stayed away from other women as you portray this man did unless the pain was very deep. A certain amount of contrivance is necessary to write a short story but it must approach believeabiity to fly realistically and credibly.

I admire your abilities of character depth, twists and painting almost believeable backgrounds but if you understand the divorce rate then you know the sun doesn't come up rosy each morning. Many readers are or have been there - done or had that done to them - I sense you have had the good fortune of avoiding this reality.

So, my purpose here is to ask you to let the consequential pain show unresolved occasionaly as I know you can - it's real and never goes away for many regardless of their future relationships success or failure because of what transpired. I think you can portray this emotion in a story of consequence for us who have experienced it that may help some deal with it. Regards

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
LOOK LADY YOU GOT ME GOOD

I AS A MALE WAS READY TO HATE THE WOMEN AND PULL WITH TOM.YOU BROKE ME DOWN TO SIZE,FORGIVENESS IS WAY OF LIFE WE SOMETIME OVER LOOK.WITH ME THE TRUST THING WAS THE HOLDUP AND RESPECT.WHEN SHE GAVE UP THE PRIDE SHE GOT ME.GREAT STORY AS A FAN KEEP WRITING GRANDMA.

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 19 years ago
Everyone read the story?

The heart attack really had nothing to do with his wife. It does have to do with diet and lack of exercise. And he had already pretty much decided about Donna. He was just going over the facts in his mind as he ran.

Cindy was NOT telling him what he was doing wrong. She said the wife was longing for him and she [Cindy] was willing to fuck him if it would help. She was not berating him.

"two wrongs don't make a right" applies IF he had fucked Cindy!!! She was agreeing it wouldn't be "right".

Did a couple of you notice that she COULDN'T have sex with Cindy after that day?? That she wanted to return home but didn't know how??

She knew she had made a total mistake when she moved out of Cindy's apartment within two weeks. The rejection came about during the divorce.

That this may not happen too often in real life doesn't mean it can't and won't!!!

A few years ago I would have bet there wasn't a man alive that wanted his wife to fuck other men. But that seems to be true nowadays. I'm beginning to believe the perverts outnumber normal christian people. Add the plain kooks and it is no contest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Life happens!

I just read this again after having read it some time ago. I looked through all the comments again (I usually read the comments on stories I am interested in, not necessarily stories that I like).

I find it interesting that readers are able to say what a fictional character should/would/could do in different circumstances. My personal experience, and my life experience is that NO one can say absolutely how the would act and react to every possible real life circumstance.

I've taken jobs that I was really excited about and hated them. I've met people that I disliked at first that became fast friends.

I've read about people winning the lottery and wind up totally regretting their lust for money and how it wrecked their lives.

I didn't want to retire because it sounded boring. It's not! I love it - I really like having time to do anything I want.

Hey! Life happens! (And it's usually not how you expected it to be.)

One of the commentators remarked that most movies, books TV programs (Desperate Housewives!) are rarely realistic. Why does everyone expect erotic fiction (fiction!!!!) have to be any different.

The rating system is pretty clear, a spectrum from "didn't like it" to "loved it." Thats fine, this is your personal reaction - you are entitled to it. Vote your beliefs. But isn't it a little over the top to ream an author because THEIR (FICTIONAL)character didn't do what you felt that it should?

Any way I liked the story and found the ending believable. I would like to hear from a cardiologist on this, but my understanding is that stress alone will rarely cause a heart attack. On the other hand extreme stress with underlying, pre-existing physical problems commonly can and does.

The writing, Patricia, is as usual great! Keep creating, I enjoy reading your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
A woman?

After reading this stupid story I see every reason to believe that Patricia is a sexually inexperienced and frustrated man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Trite ending

I'm a sucker for a "happy" ending, but where was the pain for the wife, that the husband so obviously felt & experienced. Just because she said it, just because she felt guilty, I just didn't get any sense that she really felt the pain she had caused. And the ending was rather formulaic. This all having been said, your are an excellent writer, & I enjoy reading your work, by and large.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Very good but . . .

You write very well. A good story always generates controversy; yours has for several years judging by the comments (but I just discovered the story and read it for the first time). I have to agree with a number of other readers that Tom was not committing a "wrong" by refusing to take his ex-wife back. There is not anything wrong with sticking to his principles. Cindy's blaming the victim (Tom) is not credible; frankly, as a man, I would not even let her into my house to talk. OK, his ex-wife was sorry and felt bad about what she did. Does that mean he must "sacrifice" his principles and take her back, and if not, he is committing a "wrong?" If your husband ran off with another woman and filed a hateful divorce suit against you, would you take him back a year later when he now claims he realizes he made a mistake and is lonely? Would you take the risk of being hurt again? I have trouble believing this. Or is Tom just another wimp/cuckold as in a number of "loving wives" and other stories? I think it is clear that cheating is cheating, regardless of the excuses or the gender of the partner(s).

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
Typical CUNT tory... Pat51 doesnt get Men

a OK story even from a lesbo like Pt 51 with her Gay agenda up until CIndy is lecturing TOM about HIS making his wife unhappy...

GINN fucks TOM to to point of heart attack?

I know pat51 had no clue about Men but this story was just fucking sad

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
miss lady you're bad,in a good way

as long as you write with common sense you'll be hard to beat.keep the stories coming .

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I cant beleive it I am AGREEING with HarryinVA

I cant believe I am going to say this... Harryin va is correct

It was good right up until the end. Then Patricia51 does the Just Plain Bob shit.

It seems that Pat51 REALLY does NOT get Men at all. Her fixation on lesbianism supports that idea.

whenever an Idiot author -- be it Bluee88 Troubador JPB or Pat 51 gets into trouble with the story line b/c they make the wife so nasty so vile but STILL want a reconcilition they always have some

character say " oh you silly MAN you are letting your PRIDE stand in the way ..." when what they really mean is that ANY man that has principles is really subhuman

and for CINDY of all people to say that... jesus

when Cindy shows up and asserts that He TOM was the cause of Gina unhappiness I would of slammed her face into the fucking wall... kicked her out then told her husband to be what sort of cunt she really is. I bet that Cindy's husband to be does NOT know she is a dyke.

so GINA shows up for a few weeks and does some cooking... THAT earn TOM's Trust back? wow Patricia 51 is fucking clueless when it comes to men

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Man views lesbian encounter

I cannot believe that not a single commenter took you to task for the last installment. The first three were nicely done, very erotic, and enjoyable. Now can we get real and admit that two women together is the #1 male fantasy, closely followed by him joining in? It certainly would have have kept my cock hard a hell of a lot longer...lots of possibilities.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Cindy and Gina Blaming TOM is just VILE

Up until the end this was a good/ great story. There are 2 reasons why this author HAD to find a way blame TOM.

<br></br>

FIRST ... Patricia51 is a lesbian and she clearly HATE straight Men. This author is pushing a Political agenda.

<br></br>

SECOND By blaming TOM this author was able to make the stumbling block of reconciliation about its HIS male pride.... NOT about the lesbians lying cheating and fucking.

<br></br>

When Cindy treid to assert Gian unhappness is TOM's fault he should of spit in Cindy's face and kicked her in her snatch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Tom's a Loser WIMP!

Most of the story, Tom seemed realistic. I couldn't understand the following: When did Tom punch out Cindy's teeth? When did Tom tell Liam about Cindy the Homewrecker? And why in the world would he ever SPEAK to Gina again, let alone allow her into his house? Wow he's such a loser------

samissamisover 16 years ago
The second of your best

I've come back time and time again to read this story. This last time, I perused the comments and was upset that the people out there couldn't see the life time of love of the couple, coupled with the "he without sin" epiphany (lesson). Thanks for the stories.

dave

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Is this LESBIAN Morality?

CINDY a Lesbian lecturing TOM about Morality is IRONIC...

<br></br>

Cindy sayts she knew what she was doing with GINA was wrong. She knew TOM was a good and decent man.

<br></br>

so Cindy's solution.... while she is engaged...is to

have TOM fuck her?!?!?

<br></br>

The cindy tells Tom to get oiff his hgh horse and his morality??? you cannot be serious

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 16 years ago
The universe evens out a bit

Turns out, women don't understand men any better than men understand women. God sure has a funny sense of humor, doesn't she? I want to thank you for sharing your talent and your stories with us, Pat51, but you moved Tom much too quickly from bitterness to reconciliation. Blaming a man's ego or his pride for the problems in a relationship seems to be an all too frequent female tactic. When Cindy tells Tom to put his pride on the shelf and quit making Gina suffer, she is essentially telling him to abandon any idea of keeping a shred of self respect or manhood and just admit that all this pain and heartache is his fault. Gina should never have to experience any unpleasant consequences for her betrayal or her subsequent cruel, hurtful remarks and actions. Then Gina shows up to initiate a little sex and once Tom's little head is doing the thinking, he's putty in her hands (insert your own cheap joke here). Pat51, I'm sure you love and respect YOUR man, but based on this story, I would guess you don't have too much respect for men in general. Having read more of your work than just this story, I don't really believe you feel that way, but it does suggest that maybe you went a little wide of the mark on this one. Thanks for letting me put my two cents worth in.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I am so

sorry she said,and the wimp fell for it! She simply wanted her meal ticket back.Dissapointed in you Patricia

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Nice tale.

While I can't say that I agree with the chosen ending, the whole idea of 'the tramp' being on the moral high road of relationship enlightenment just doesn't fly with me. Though, I must say that any writer who can get their readers to react so strongly as though the characters were real people and dishing out advice accordingly, any writer who can do this on a regular basis is a good one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
lucky husbands

My there lucky husbands to have these two women.Cindy as a 19 year old sleeping with a woman now going to marry and raise a family lucky kids when they start geting advise of their mom on living right. Then gina who raised a family and as a 44 year old had an affair with a 19 year old and only ended it because the cow got caught in her own bed sorry can't agree it a safe bet the author likes women i don't care it is a terrible ending to a good story.

amagoddessamagoddessover 14 years ago
great story

weather the writer is a lesbian or not, has nothing to do with weather or not she hates men. Also, she didn't blame tom but was simply playing on christian values of forgiveness. this story was great from start to finish. Bravo.

huedogghuedoggabout 13 years ago
i think it's the writers here in general

pat51 is a great writer, but like most, she makes the husband the bad guy. He wont forgive her, name 10 guys that would. We fry the man when he cheats but for a woman it's everybodys fault but hers.

nwhalernwhalerover 12 years ago
Naive and skewed attempt at showing the man's perspective

If he had some fantasies about another woman fucking his wife , maybe this could have some basis.

It is a devastating blow to a man's psyche to know that his wife is being seduced ,fucked by , fallen in love with another woman. Especially when the first time he caught them , she was being fucked in the ass , energetically, by a strap-on - nothing is more emasculating than knowing that you have been replaced by plastic.

Tom's acceptance of Cindy's and Gina's silly reasonings and arguments seems naive and frivolous and that is how most men (and maybe women? should) would view it.

Well written story but decidedly illogical ending that seems to ignore obvious male behavior and patterns.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Your little intro led me to believe there would be consequences

Why did you lie? She had an affair took, a little break from Tom then got to get back with him sounds more like a vacation then a consequence.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Consider Yourself Forgiven

Now fuck off and die!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

I liked it!

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
Is a guy who's wife cheats on him with

a woman still a cuck and wmp when he forgives her?

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Couple Of Things

First, minor(?) continuity issue - when he brings up the restraining order, he refers to her lawyer as "Glenda, the Good Witch", but later she twice refers to her lawyer as "him".

Second, the graduation - It defies credulity that the lawyer wouldn't pass it on, plus how her SON sending the invitation would violate the restraining order against the husband makes no sense. And even without an invitation, any Internet search would have told her when the graduation was.

Third, if she was that upset and wanted back, going to Cindy's place wasn't exactly her best strategy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
forgiveness

seems to be something that is expected in a lot of these stories.The wife cheats, apologizes, time goes by and the husband is expected to get over his pride and take her back. I think seeing my wife getting fucked with a strapon lesbian might be worse than her fucking another man

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
I THINK THIS IS THE POINT

where everybody must get stoned, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
please consider an alternate ending

The series crossed into unreality and melodrama with the boss and his wife suddenly appearing in the cabin parking area. All the contrived misunderstanding, door-slamming, quick entrances and exits and lawyer malfeasance was stupid! It just took the action further off course and made any reconciliation all the more unbelievable.

I'd have preferred to read a storyline progressing from an acknowledgement that Gina and Cindy had in fact experienced love for each other, while realizing they were not destined to spend the rest of their lives together. The complexities of Tom and Gina exploring whether they wanted to remain a couple could have begun -- and possibly progressed -- without all the cheap histrionics the author layered on. I ask "her" (if in fact the writer is female) to consider rewriting the last half of the story, with Gina, Tom and Cindy coming to understandings based on forgiveness, growth, tolerance and, yes, even sensual exploration, rather than having Gina's affair seem like it was destined to create only anger and destruction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I enjoyed it 5*

Well written. People make mistakes even terrible ones like this but if their is true remorse and love then I think reconciliation is feasible. Both characters were portrayed in a likable manner which helps. The degree of her betrayal stretched the credibility of reconciliation but I think you managed it well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
beautiful

it tells the story of love and forgiveness, you can find love again through the hurt

jenorma2012jenorma2012about 8 years ago
outstanding

I have read this story many times, and it never fails to bring a tear to my eye, it just shows you the power of love and forgiveness

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Why MUST he take her back?

Why is it always a requirement for the husband to take her back? "You've been married for 50 years! Are you willing to throw that away just because you caught her being pounded by Butch and her 19 Strapon Sisters of Sapphos Vespa Gang, with a light pole up her ass and three donkeys in line waiting their turn? You MUST forget your "fragile male ego" and take her back! You worthless, whiny, unforgiving, unmerciful, sack of cow dung - take her back! She said she was sorry and probably won't ever do it again! You mean fucker!

Then, of course, the husband, who's been doing nothing but weeping and sobbing uncontrollably since the divorce (like a 16 yr old girl who just found out that Mary Ellen is wearing the exact same dress as her to the junior prom only she has bigger tits and she's such a bitch cause Tommy will totally stare at her tits all night even though she's really as fat as a P-I-G pig, damned slut), the husband will eagerly take her back because he loves her so much and he realizes he'll never find another woman even half as good as her and he knew he was an asshole for not immediately taking her back, but his fragile male ego just wouldn't let him invite back the most wonderful thing in the world that ever happened to him, his loving wife that only cheats with lesbians and that doesn't really count because it's not like they have a penis or anything, just monster strapon vibrating dildos. Thank god for monster strapon vibrating dildos!

This guy is such a loser, spends all his time sitting in a chair wishing his ex-wife would come home just so she could stomp on his nuts again. Take her back wuss, you deserve her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Big Difference

There is a big difference on forgiving and taking the cheater back!

Why does he have to take her back? Just because she is having buyers remorse means dick. He knows it will just be a matter of time before she gets the urge for the taste of pussy again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
The Ending...... Priceless

Lmao, " nag, nag, nag". Hahaha, the classic husband's lament. Priceless. I had no problem with the reconciliation. In this one it was deserved.

Thank you

Tigger119.

I'm on a new phone and haven't logged in on this one.

DrakenNoirDrakenNoirover 5 years ago
Big Criticism About a Small Part of the Story.

Really thought the story was very good. Just had a few issues with Cindy and her advice on things she knew nothing about. That and the last couple of paragraphs about how things were changing with Tom.

Thought Cindy's advice was absurd. She tells Tom to stop making Gina suffer just because he suffered so much? WTF!! Put your pride on the shelf and don't become the jerk I wanted to believe you were!!!!! Again, WTF!!! If Tom's a jerk, it's because Gina and Cindy made him the man he was at that moment!! So Gina is suffering, so what. Maybe she should have gotten some professional help. Not necessarily for her own sake. But so she could try to understand the depth of her betrayal and get some small clue as to just how devastating her actions and betrayal has hurt Tom. Cindy's attitude sounds like the old 'man up' or 'rub some some dirt on it and walk it off'. Which just shows how very little she really understands about what the two of them did to Tom.

Even with professional help it takes about two years to get back to the new 'normal'. Points for the author in recognizing that they are not out of the woods by any means and they might not make it.

Don't think Cindy is correct about the pride issue. It's the hurt issue. Even the thought that Gina might hurt him again is almost too difficult for Tom to imagine. At this point in time it's a risk he can't make himself take. Maybe he might be able to treat Gina better, but the place he's at demands he protects his heart and of course there is absolutely no trust whatsoever. And when she asked to come home, it's almost surprising he didn't say yes and then move out of the house himself. After all, Gina moving back in was the goal of both women. Not sure why Tom would stay there anyway. Not after seeing what went on there. Burn the bed, burn the wedding album and any pictures of them as a couple, take a few pictures of the kids and move on. Way too many reminders of their old life and things that would just be depressing.

Is Gina remorseful? Yes. Is she in pain ? Yes. Has if been a year? Yes. BUT. Tom is still living more or less at the scene of the crime. He's not talking to anyone about what happened. And having heard what Gina said and how she felt about Cindy it's amazing that he even let Gina in the door. Maybe his brain can understand Gina's emotional state. But hearing those words from the person he trusted and loved more than any other in the entire world has to be incredibly heartbreaking . So in other words, he really hasn't moved on and had the emotional healing and an outlet for his anger and other emotions that he needs. His hurt is ten times whatever Gina has been through.

Lastly, Tom's attitude with his son Doug. Yes Gina will always be his mother. But how he deals with her is his choice. It's a family unit. So Gina cheated on her kids to. She hurt a member of that unit and there may well be unintended consequences. Doug doesn't have to forgive Gina any more than Tom has to forgive her, whatever Cindy may say about it. Forgiveness is good IF it helps the victim(s). If that helps them and improves their life or their outlook. BUT Cindy telling him that he HAS to forgive Gina is not acceptable, at least without some type of explanation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
the story

was amazing.

i really enjoyed it overall.

the ending felt fake and rushed to hell. let's see

cindy comes over, offers to fuck him, to make up for a very lengthy affair. she also, realistically, cries about not being evil. she did this to ease her guilt. i'm shocked he didn't tell liam about cindy's past. it's not even spite at that point. i don't want some poor guy getting married to a homewrecker. then cindy talks about god and forgiveness. and boom! he gives gina another shot. nope.

the truth was these women WERE the bad guys. maybe they're not like that 24/7...obviously. but they need to just....own that. i understand, and you write women very well, that women really really want to go along to get along. but men aren't the only creatures capable of real emotional growth. these two chuckle fucks feel more like scolded children. They got caught, they feel bad about it, and they want to make the headmaster happy somehow......demanding he just be happy. it's all very innocent, but they're adults. i don't mind clearly defined man/woman roles, but does he have to do this 180 where he treats women like little girls, and they in turn act like it? they cry and he's automatically kissing their owwie, and giving them a lollypop on one knee to reach them.

i'd have liked to see gina go through some sort of therapy, and not just talk like this: "i thought i wuz luv, but now i kno u r better. i sad now. plz take me back. i bad person but not. i know i tell u i deserve your worst, n then act offended, but pls take back. i not do again" she just seems so simple about it all. so selfish and superficially understanding it all. i thought she was well written up till the end. and the hubby is such a recluse....that seemed fun to explore. aw well. sorry for being that annoying nit-picker. once again, the story was good....prolly why it got me preaching like a loon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Never allow sentiment to veil the harsh, cold truth of lessons learned by both sides, once such selfish actions destroy Love, Trust & Hope the guilty deserve to wallow in a type of Hell they created. (Personnel experience of betrayal has taught me how very much pain I can face without shattering, but the emotional scars still ache on rainy days)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
...fairy tale...

I certainly wouldn´t have let her back in...never mind the god and church garbage. But it´s just a story, doesn´t have to make sense.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 5 years ago
Here's the deal...

Even if the trust was reestablished, would Tom desire her anymore. I believe forgiveness would come easier because a person can on an intellectual level make peace with what happened. But, how does one reestablish the desire for another when it is lost? "Darling, I forgive you and honestly believe you mean it when you say you will never cheat again. But, something happened seeing and hearing you say such awful things to me with your lover. I don't feel that attraction for you physically anymore and I don't know how to fix that. I still love so bad it hurts, but that spark is gone."

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Good story, although I read only one of the lesbian parts. I don't how Tom could ever trust her to leave his sight again. He shouldn't allow her around women for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nope, nope, nope..............1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
re: vindictive man

you lost me in the second paragraph. try crippling your wife instead of her girlfriend next time if you want to call yourself "innocent". you weren't kidding about being vindictive, but you don't do it right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So pathetically wimpy!!! He should have ensured that Cindy never got a happy married life! She needed to feel the hurt she had wrought on Tom and Gina!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Starts out a 4 or 5.

Ends a 1 or 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pathetic

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Oh, for heaven's sake. Any of you BTBers who can look back over a lifetime and honestly say you've never done anything that devastated another person, raise a hand. Anyone? Anyone? That's what I thought.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

*raises hand* YO.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

sorry, you don't live in a world where everybody ruins somebody else's life at some point. stop telling yourself what you want to hear and own whatever is making you say this.

kbone1kbone17 months ago

This is an OKAY story!

Just a few critiques THAN is in relation to; by comparison with (usually followed by a pronoun in the objective case)

THEN is the word you are looking for it means after that; with that: then John left the room and didn't return OR

that time: before then; from then on. HEART ATTACK time

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

Nope.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous