Raising Beautiful 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ivyclay
Ivyclay
5 Followers

As Silvanus teased out the tangles, Zorah mentioned, "Corian told me a bit about your childhood. You both took some of the," there was a loaded pause, "events hard. Corian realizes that there was little any of you could do. She would like to have a better relationship with you, but feels like you don't want that. Is there anything that can be done?" Zorah asked, trying to turn to look at Silvanus. The proper and direct way she worded it amused him. He just pulled on he hair to keep her head strait. He had an idea of her expression and did not want to see it.

"There is more to the story than she knows,"

"Isn't that always the case? Ow!" Zorah cried.

"Sorry, didn't see that knot," Silvanus could not keep all of the sarcasm out of his voice.

"Well, Isn't it? Besides, if what she doesn't know is so important, why not just tell her?"

"She doesn't need to know,"

"If you wont tell her than you have no right to be mad,"

"I am not mad,"

"Silvanus, you are fooling yourself. You are holding a grudge against family who does not know about the reason. You can't keep distancing yourself from everyone you come in contact with. You've apparently developed a reputation for soliciting women, which, by the way, they might fawn over you now, but it has to end sometime, and when you have twenty kids running around with no one to support them what will you do? You might even have some now!" Zorah said, her voice letting more shock and disappointment show with each word.

"I don't have any children," Silvanus' tone was flat. He was quite aggravated with her for suggesting it.

"And how can you know that? Either way you are deluding yourself and it is not fair to you, your sister, or any of those women!"

"I am not deluding myself!" Silvanus realized, just after saying that just how childish he sounded.

"Do you realize just how childish you sound?" Zorah snapped at him.

"AGHH!" Silvanus said, tossing up his hands for what felt like the millionth time since she arrived. "Alright, alright, alright!" he realized he was giving in remarkably easy, but as before with his anger, he really did not care. "I am telling you this mostly because I am tired of being the only one who knows. The reason our fathers killed each other was because of Mother. Nothing she did, but who she was. Marcus couldn't accept that she fell in love with Saul and had him removed from the picture, the attack that had him torn from Mother was no accident. When he somehow survived and escaped the torture and returned, Marcus was not man enough to confront him and had to leave and return with a spell to kill Saul. Fortunately, Saul was able to protect us children by stopping Marcus' reign of terror. Granted, it happened right in front of us and we have all had issues since. But I would prefer to have seen all that than have them still going at it now,"

It was silent for a long time after his tirade, Silvanus seeming to work in one spot much longer than the rest. When Zorah finally spoke she had a question, "So Saul is your father right?"

"Yes," Silvanus' voice was so tight he had to swallow once before the word could escape.

"Your explanation is so much clearer than your sisters. I was getting lost listening to it. You are mad at Corian because of what he father did?"

"Initially,"

"And now?" Zorah asked it so gently Silvanus could not help but respond.

"I am mad at her for leaving Mother behind when she was dieing,"

Zorah was silent, and finally Silvanus had no choice but to continue.

"Mother was never the same after our fathers died. She couldn't tell Skyler, our dead father and I apart. She kept thinking she was a child again and I was my father, or I was just born when she was holding Skyler. She only knew what was going on when Corian was around because she couldn't make excuses and delude herself when she was near. Mother was sad at those times, but she functioned,"

"Wait, she was delusional around you and your baby brother, but lucid around Corian. Is it possible Corian did not know or understand your mothers problem?"

Silvanus did not answer, he just continued his story, "I convinced Mother the magic in Skyler was grand, and to send him away for training, hoping that I could get my mother back. For a time she was actually worse, and I was thinking of finding an excuse to bring him home," Silvanus paused a moment. "Do you know how many women have tried to get me to tell them about this?" His tone took on an ironic note.

Zorah, turned to look at him, confusion on her face. He had finished with her hair and was staring at his hands. "Three?" Zorah guessed, trying to lighten the mood, when she saw his expression.

"More than I can count. It is like a game for them, trying to dig into my past. What does that matter anyway?" He paused, the memory clearing from his face slightly, "And why am I talking to you?" Silvanus started to get up, but Zorah placed her arm on his, just like in the field and he found he could do nothing to remove it. He sighed wishing she wasn't silhouetted by the fire behind her so he could see into the dark sliver of her cape where her hand emerged. Maybe that would justify this outburst of his.

"Why don't you finish telling me the story," Her voice was so soothing all of the sudden, it was like it was soothing every wound that he ever had, easing into his pores. His eyes drew to her plump lips, he wanted to touch them, but they continued moving and reminded him where he was, "I promise I will not tell Corian, and if you want, I can make a point of not bringing it up in the future. Trust me, I have some dark secrets of my own, not like yours. What I want you to know is that when I finally got the courage to tell someone, it was like they got lifted away and were not my responsibility any more." her soothing voice seemed to buzz over his skin.

"Where was I?" He was slightly surprised when the words escaped his lips. He hadn't come to a decision yet.

"You sent Skyler away to train, mom got worse,"

"Ahh, Just before I brought my brother back, Mom started to improve. But just a few months later, Word comes that this powerful Mage wants Skyler to train under him and requests to assess the skills of the siblings because magic quite often follows family lines," he paused before continuing. "Well, Skyler was sent home, this strange man came and he preformed some sort of test before officially agreeing to train my brother. Leaving some recommendations for my sister, who he felt was not what he was looking for. Corian was overjoyed, she had been training in the area, but this location was off the Island. When the two of them left, and my Mothers spirit left with them.

"Mother laid in bed for hours, then days, then weeks before she withered away and died, calling out for phantoms of her past to comfort her. There was rarely the moment that she recognized me. Corian new mother was ill, she knew she needed a stake in reality and left anyway. Well, that's what I believed until you brought up that she might not have, just now," Silvanus drew silent and there was a small stifled sob at the door. Silvanus thought he knew what he would see before he turned.

Corian was standing there, tears running down her face, knuckles pushing into her neck to hold the sounds in. When Silvanus saw the extent of her condition her he was startled, how long was she there? What had she heard? Silvanus did not know how he felt. So he got up and attempted to leave. Corian reached out and tried to draw him back. As she moved the sobs escaped as jumbled words, "I didn't know, I didn't know!" was all that was clear enough to decipher.

Zorah was running to Corian who had collapsed onto the floor and Silvanus locked himself in his room to brood.

~~

The next morning, when pressing urges forced him out, he found Zorah outside, trying to remember what she had learned the day before.

"Straighten your back!" He could not help but calling from the windows as he opened the shutters. Zorah's head whipped around, and when she saw him she smiled and waved before going back to her straighter stance.

Maybe she would keep her promise and not nag him about everything that happened and change her opinion of him. He hoped she made Corian agree to the same condition. When anyone even found got a whiff about his mothers death everything would change and he'd have to move on to other prospects. Now to worry about Corian. There was a loud boom from the docks and Silvanus jumped, forgetting what day it was. "The boat!" he yelled, "Everyone hurry! We have to go now!"

Zorah came in the house a moment later, "Boat?"

"We are on an Island," Corian's sleepy voice came from the other side of the room.

"Our boat!" Silvanus hollered from the pantry under the kitchen floor, he was tossing food into a sack. "Corian go make sure you girls have everything you need. Zorah is coming up on her cycle, and our trip is a few weeks,"

"You've been together that long?"

"I met her three days ago," Silvanus called up.

"And she told you!"

"EW! No I didn't!" Zorah yipped.

"Sister dear," Silvanus said, popping his head up over the open hatch door with a smirk plastered on his lips, "she didn't have to, and your dropping your egg tomorrow, so yours started about, um," he made a show of counting on his fingers as the fury built in her face, "13 days ago,"

"Uah!" she exploded, tossing her hands in his direction, the door swung at him from a gust of wind, but he caught it, used to her standard ploys. She flickered out of sight and Zorah squeaked. Her hand suddenly jerked upwards. "Zorah you come with me, we need to pack," and it was obvious that Zorah was being pulled towards their room.

~~

The group arrived just in time, most likely because Rob was arguing with some of the crew members. He paused to wave at the trio before lifting a huge crate and shaking it at one man, continuing his yelling.

Silvanus did some quick haggling before boarding the ship. When he lead them down to their rooms the confusion and disappointment on Zorah's face was vast. Silvanus ignored it and entered the small, damp, unlit alcove with only two cots.

"Is this usual?" was the only even-toned words she could manage.

"Quite," Corian mumbled before lighting the small lantern.

"So the next one is no better?" came the quiet reply,

"Not likely, plus we will be behind schedule," Silvanus chimed, already on his cot and pulling out the small bundle of fruits he didn't want to waste. "Breakfast?"

"Where are we going anyway?" Corian asked Zorah, who shrugged. "Wait, you don't know where your going?"

"Nope,"

"And you're sure your not here to have sex with him?" Corian's tone grew serious,

"Ew! No!" the defensive tone in Zorah's voice was sharp. Silvanus chuckled around his mouthful of berries. This drew two dark glares his way.

"Then why are you with him?" demanded Corian as she turned her daggers on Zorah who winced from the look.

"I- uh- don't know?" Zorah was inspecting the dank doorway closely.

"Don't you care about your future?" When this drew a honest shrug from Zorah, Corian's demeanor immediately softened. "Well, than that's my job now. Why did you come to this world Zorah?"

Zorah didn't answer for quite some time, Silvanus was just waiting patiently to reexplain everything that he already knew she didn't pay attention to the first time. "I have to save something? Honestly, as real as this all seems I am not completely certain that I am not just having a lucid, reoccurring dream,"

"It is only reoccurring if the same things happen again and again," Silvanus mumbled.

It seemed the girls did not hear him when they continued, "So why are you with him?" Corian repeated.

"There is not much I understand, I showed up in his yard, and he seemed to know what was going on. I feel like I can trust the two of you. Besides, it is more fun than attending classes all day all week, learning about things I have little interest in,"

"You like it better than this?" Corian indicated the boat around them. Zorah just gave a nervous giggle.

Silvanus sighed loudly to remind the girls he was right there. "So, Silvanus," Zorah shyly said, "Why am I here?"

"Because you followed when beckoned," Silvanus said, making his voice low. After dodging a flying sack of clothes Silvanus let out a bold laugh then said, still chuckling, "I have to take you to be trained, In the meantime I have to protect you from whatever you get into and that is about it."

"I haven't heard you laugh like that before," Corian stated, "that was a real laugh. Where is she being trained?"

"Same as Skyler,"

"Wait- She- Wait- He's- MAGIC TRAINING!" Corian stumbled through her thoughts.

"Apparently," Silvanus shrugged, "That's what I was told,"

"Hey! You didn't say I have magic! You said there was magic! I would have paid attention to that! What can I do?" The way her voices melded form anger to excitement drew the smile back to Silvanus' lips.

"You were talking such nonsense that I did not bother. I was not told the type of magic you have. All I know is this," Silvanus took a deep breath as he rose from his seat, drew the girls into the room, cast his eyes about and drew the slightly slimy door closed, trapping them in the small space. "The King of these lands, Stephan, has a powerful Seer in his royal court. Having met him, I find him rather annoying rather than insightful. Nevertheless, he has announced that war will come to our lands, and rather than worry the people, and train an army, and gather supplies, this King decided to have you brought here, trained, and prepared to defend our lands,"

"That's just plain stupid!" Zorah announced.

At the same time, Corian demanded, "How's he guarantee her loyalty?"

"To answer both of you. Exactly." Silvanus then continued, "That is the one thing that The Seer and I agree on, but we are both locked into committing because it is what our Sovereign wishes,"

"You don't seem the one to take orders,"

"Please, my entire life is centered around pleasing others," Silvanus said dryly.

Zorah furled her brows and thought a second, she shook her head and thought some more, "So when you said I have to save the world, you meant your country,"

"She was listening! But yes, the current world, apparently you can just halt this army, or I am assuming because I am bringing you to the most exclusive Mage. Plus, there seems to be no effort to raise an army for defense,"

"You don't already have one waiting to protect you?" Zorah asked.

"No, after our current kingdom was established, there was no one close enough to bother attacking. Just a few rebel camps but they rarely raise much disturbance. I have been to worlds that its nothing but war, but this one is generally very peaceful and undemanding,"

"So no police force?"

"Guards? In the larger cities, yes," Corian said. "We are kinda like your personal guard now. There are plenty of people that are paid to protect others, and many Mages that have Masters. I have sworn to protect you after all. Silvanus with brawn, myself with magic,"

"Mr. Supposed Erotic King here gets to defend me with his staff? You wonder why I think this is just a lucid dream and not actually happening? This is just too silly of a setup," Silvanus caught the innuendo and grinned at Zorah but it went over Corian's head. "Okay, enough of this I am going to go explore,"

After Zorah left Silvanus pulled out a card and tore it in half slowly. Corian was teetering about the small space trying to make it comfortable. Within the next minute Alam appeared. "Do you know how hard it is to answer the call when you are moving this fast? You're lucky I could come at all," Alam said while catching the lantern Corian dropped. She had been moving it to hang in the middle of the room from its place on the crates piled in the corner when he appeared. He hung it up as he gave her a smile. "You should be careful, burning ships are dangerous," Turning to Silvanus he asked, "She docking at the East or West Port?"

"West,"

"What do I owe you?"

"You weren't paying attention? 53.72,"

"That's cheap,"

"I'm a good negotiator," Silvanus rolled his eyes and reached out to take the money back. "After all this I'm done right?"

"As far as I know, much past this is getting quite fuzzy, she's not an easy one to read. All the years I've known her, and it never gets any easier. Shh," he turned to Corian, "I'm from her world, but she can't know yet okay?"

"You radiate," Corian said, coming out of her stupor.

"And you, who has sworn to protect her are dazed by some fancy cloak? What will I do with you all?" Silvanus asked. "It glows as bright as the moons phase. Get over it,"

"How long will the trip take?" Alam asked, to redirect the conversation.

"Four weeks. There should be about three in boat travel but we will make it in time. It would be faster traveling on foot, but she would show up not having learned more than the proper stance for a staff. Do you need anything else?"

"No, that should be all,"

"Then leave," Alam gave Silvanus a tired look and stuck his hand in his pocket before vanishing. "Corian, tell Zorah that I plan on practicing after lunch, she can explore until then. But I bet shes either lost or bothering someone by now,"

~~

The second day, the few other people on the ship were already waiting on the deck when the trio showed up to continue practice. Zorah grew a bit uncomfortable having the people there to watch. It was obvious to Silvanus how sore she was by the way she gingerly mounted the ladder leading to the main deck.

"I have less than a month to teach you how to stay alive," Silvanus announced, once they were situated, pointing his staff at her, "I do not trust this one," he pointed it at Corian next, "to keep you alive. So we better get started,"

"And why not?" Corian's hands were on her hips. When Silvanus did not honor her with a response she reached out and snatched Zorah's staff. She rattled off more of her unintelligible syllables and stared intensely at the weapon before clicking her tongue. A quick rush of air seemed to head strait for the staff signifying its enchantment. Corian, with a triumphant look about her, turned and stalked back to her seat to watch the spectacle. Her arms were crossed in front of her and her back as strait as possible on the rocking boat.

Silvanus got into stance and indicated that Zorah should do so as well. A faint look of surprise crossed her face but she stood so well placed that Silvanus had nothing to critique.

Silvanus called out his attack and the proper response to his attack just before he made it, Zorah was responding before he even moved. More confusion crossed her face as they made contact. But then she almost fell.

"Zorah, just let it happen," Corian called gently as she had fumbled the block.

Zorah glanced at her and then closed her eyes and waited. Silvanus, curious at this point, called out another set and this time noticed the slight tug that pulled Zorah into the proper stance. She followed it smoothly and came to meet him perfectly. However it was obvious that when the clank of the wood connecting split out, Zorah jumped in surprise. Smiling with understanding, Silvanus began to seamlessly call out the combinations he was using. Curious, he called out a few that she had not been shown previously and the staff still came up to meet him in the most effective blocks. There was no doubt the staff was reacting to him and not just her thoughts.

Seeing this he stopped calling hits and began to watch her body respond. Her eyes were closed but she was breathing deep. The tendons in her long neck tightening and relaxing in time to her movements. She was able to instinctively know when to tense and when to relax. Her natural talent that lay just below her mental barrier of consciousness was struggling to come out. Silvanus took the time to really look at her for the first time. She was of a healthy build, a whole head shorter than himself, but about an inch above average for most women. Her upper arms still brushed against the side of her breasts even though Corian had taken the time to bind them for her, which attested to their size. She was in a much tighter fitting shirt than the first few times they trained. Most likely because she was complaining of the heat the day before, there were no sleeves on this one. In fact Silvanus was sure it was supposed to be an undershirt.

Ivyclay
Ivyclay
5 Followers