Rancher's Dream

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Now with his ring on her finger, he'd be able to take that next step and marry her, start a life with her and their child on the ranch. He'd be with his sister and her family, and that was just another plus to his growing thread of happiness. Rinsing away the soap suds and the shampoo, he heard the familiar voice of breakfast being called. Jack pulled on a robe, and tied it around his towel-dried form, his hair still wet, and clinging to the collar of the terry cloth robe.

"On my way," he answered as he grabbed a few things to change into after breakfast. He walked into the kitchen and smiled as he watched her walk around his little kitchen, preparing their meal. She had grabbed one of his T-shirts and thrown it on while he'd been in the shower. "I bet you'll be glad when we get back to your place, and you have your big kitchen back," he chuckled softly.

Elizabeth stopped mixing the batter for pancakes. She had rummaged around, and was quite surprised to find the bachelor's pad fully stocked with enough items to make decent meals. Slowly she turned to look at him, her face a bit flushed. "I sold the ranch to Sarah and Robert."

Jack's jaw dropped, "YOU WHAT?"

She was surprised by his reaction. She set the bowl down on the counter and explained to him what she had done the last few months. "After I woke up and read your letter, I wallowed in pity until I knew I had to be with you. There was nothing there for me. You were here, and that is all I wanted." Elizabeth walked around the counter and moved to stand beside him. "Jack, that life is over for me, and my life is with you now."

He smiled at her and wrapped her in his arms, "I didn't mean for you to leave the ranch."

"I know. It is what I wanted."

Jack tucked her head into his chest, and held her close. "I would have wanted to stay there with you."

"Really," she pulled back from his embrace and looked deeply into his eyes. "You'd want to stay there with me?" She hadn't thought of that. Jack had been born and raised in the city. She assumed he'd want to stay there. His life was there, and she didn't want to uproot him from his life.

"I loved working on your farm...it was more enjoyable then anything I had done before. Think you can get it wrangled out of my sister's hands?" he winked at her.

"I don't know.... more like out of Robert's. It's nice land." She slipped from his arms and went back to making breakfast. Now, new thoughts were forming in her mind. She poured the mix on the hot griddle and grinned over the idea that she could keep her farm and her love.

Breakfast finished, she made her way to his little kitchenette and set the table. She heard his voice and looked up. The phone left his ear and returned to the receiver. "Gottcha a farm as a wedding present."

She grinned, squealed, and leaped into his arms; her legs wrapped around his waist and her arms wound around his neck. Jack laughed and held her ass in his hands, keeping her tight against him. "He's just ripping up the papers and waiting for you to come back and take over the upkeep."

Sliding down his body, she kissed his lips. "I love you."

"I love you. I want to live there with you. I've wanted that since forever." Jack held her for a moment, until she pulled free of his embrace. He watched her standing in his apartment, and knew that this was how it should be. The two of them together—whether it was here in the city or back in the Arizona countryside. As long as they were together it was home.