All Comments on 'Reality is Different Ch. 04'

by nomennescio

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
nomennescionomennescioover 10 years agoAuthor
Ugh.

God, this is just garbage. I've gotten everything so encrusted with unnecessary ornamentation that it doesn't even hold together anymore. Fuck. =/

wallace99wallace99over 10 years ago
Great story!

Hey Nomennescio,

I think you are being to hard on yourself. I really enjoyed chapter 4. I'm sure the conclusion of this story will be really awesome. Well done!

tygztygzover 10 years ago

Definitely good stuff, really pulls the heart strings as I read it, I could feel it all.

More, please, but move it forward decidedly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
need/want of readers

feels like you're trying to bring it to a climax but reality of the situation is stopping you. consequences of real life drama vs spark of imagination to a good/satisfying conclusion. look at the title of your story and then look at the foundation you wrote. everything is there don't be afraid for a cliche, sometimes cheese is good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wow

I really liked this chapter! Keep up the good work! You did great on this one no need to think otherwise nomennescio, really good stuff here.

Can't wait for the next chapter! So excited.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Reality.

Please do not stop writing. No one else on this site comes close to matching the consistent quality of your work..

nomennescionomennescioover 10 years agoAuthor

I guess it's tolerable. When it first went up, I couldn't even read the damn thing, but I guess a lot of that was just the loathing that you develop for something when you work on it for too long.

I'll start work on the next chapter sometime in the next day or three. Last chapter too, I think. I have a pretty good notion what's going to happen, at least in outline. Just a matter of getting it down. Not that too many people are waiting for it, doesn't look like, but...bleh. I started it, have to finish it.

Definitely not going to write something in this manner again, though, chapter by chapter. As an experiment I suppose it was worthwhile, but it turns out that it does not make the process easier. Far from it.

camstevens33camstevens33over 10 years ago
Hold your head high!

I, umm, haven't actually read it yet... I can't--not until you finish. Okay, I WON'T until you finish. I know it's the feedback that keeps Lit writers motivated, but I can't read a chapter of your work until I know I can read it all.

You are consistently the best writer--and miles above everyone else--on this site. No offense intended to the other authors. Some people have a gift for it, but most don't. Notice I haven't ever posted a story! I can say with great confidence that what you consider "garbage" is likely the highest quality work submitted to Lit since your last piece. As I commented on Little Things (which I recently finished my fourth read of, by the way) your writing is far better than most published work I've seen for some time. I can't recall at the moment if you said you're in the biz or not, but you should be. Granted, this particular subject matter isn't the most commercially successful. But whatever you choose, keep spouting out your "garbage." I guaran-damn-tee you, we'll keep enjoying it!

nomennescionomennescioover 10 years agoAuthor
Mm

I appreciate the vote of confidence. A trifle unusual to wait the unbearably long time it takes me to finish one of these before you read any of it, but I suppose it's understandable. If you'd like, I can send you a message once it's done.

And no, I'm not in the biz. One of those things that theoretically I'd like, but in practice, I have grave doubts about my own abilities.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
WOW

You are the BEST! This is so beautiful. So much better than many published books out there. I hope to read the next chapter soon. I can hardly wait!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Excellent work

You are perhaps the best author on the site, you have a great deal of skill. I eagerly await more from you.

sgkwsgkwover 10 years ago
Reality is Different Series

Your writing is awesome and you are a great storyteller. I wore myself out reading all the chapters at once, wanting to know what happens. I look forward to Chapter 5 and other submissions by you. Thanks!

AveRoseAveRoseover 10 years ago
Been awhile...

Will the next chapter be coming out soon? :-)

This is really good, hope you haven't abandoned the story.

nomennescionomennescioover 10 years agoAuthor
Not yet

No, I'm working on it. Not particularly close to being done, I'm afraid. Perhaps a third of the way, or half, something like that.

nomennescionomennescioover 10 years agoAuthor
Progress update

I foresee/foresaw the final chapter as being in basically three parts, lengths long/short/medium-long. I've recently gotten through the first, for what that's worth. Not the most encouraging, I know. Hard to focus, again. But I'm coming along slowly.

VividryVividryover 10 years ago
Ending?

Chapter Five is the final? If so, I can't wait to read what finally goes down between the two!

VividryVividryover 10 years ago

Eager to know the progress :)

nomennescionomennescioover 10 years agoAuthor
Progress

Yes. Ugh. I'm finishing up the second part, that was supposed to be the shortest. I was stuck at one moment of it for weeks. Got four or five paragraphs worth of false starts before backing up and doing it differently from an earlier section.

I'm sorry this is taking so long. I'm at the point where I just want to get it done, which I think ironically may slow me down overall, because it means I don't exactly enjoy working on it, and I often find myself to be not exactly in a creative mood. Progress relies on, well, having the words come to me, and they often don't, when I'm just trying to force through out of sheer bloody-mindedness.

camstevens33camstevens33over 10 years ago
Take your time.

Come back to it when you're ready. You're an awesome writer. Personally, I'd rather wait longer and be rewarded with your best work. Hell, I've been waiting for Part 2 of SJHarlowe's "The Abyssal" for almost 3 years! I'm just about to give up...

nomennescionomennescioabout 10 years agoAuthor
Update

18k words. Maybe halfway through the last section. I decided that it needed another fairly developed explicit scene, though actually putting it together has been a headache and a half. I want to promise it will be done this month, but I can't make the promise honestly. I hope that's about the timeframe, though. Theoretically it could be done sooner, but I'm not going to hold out a lot of hope for that.

wallace99wallace99about 10 years ago

Take your time, nomennescio. I'm sure the last chapter will be worth the wait.

nomennescionomennescioabout 10 years agoAuthor
Update

Not done. 21k words typed up, some more still in my notebook. I've been making, eh. Halfway decent progress. I don't know if I'm that much closer to the end, though. The third section is proving to be substantially longer than I initially anticipated. Almost certainly I'm going to end up with essentially two chapters' worth of material here.

Plugging away. Half the time I feel like my mind is empty. I know what I want to happen in a narrative sense, but the prose eludes me. I resort to basically just using words like lego, picking up and putting them together one by one to listen how the product sounds, instead of having actually some kind of a poetic flow. It's terribly, terribly inefficient.

VividryVividryabout 10 years ago
Worth it

I'm sure it's fine so far.

Sad that you are having trouble writing the end. :( Hopefully you'll finish it with bright colors! So you're 1/3 through the end? Give us an update next month? :)

nomennescionomennescioabout 10 years agoAuthor
Next month?

God, I hope not. I'm keenly aware of the fact that I've been promising it 'soon' for something like a quarter of a year now.

I'm actually at about 25k words now, with everything typed up. But a large-ish chunk of the explicit scene didn't really turn out right, or doesn't feel right to me, and so I have to kind of rip it out and re-do it. Saving what I can, or shifting it around, but, bleh.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
MMmmmmm

I have loved all your stories but I really think this last chapter was drawn out a bit too much. Too many times the same fantasy is reiterated which, to me, put the story into an annoying holding pattern, suspending the plot and causing me to speed read ahead to get past yet another daddy fantasy explained identically all over again.

This was the first chapter you have written in any of your stories that I only gave 4 stars. I await the next chapter of this outstanding story with anticipation.

nomennescionomennescioabout 10 years agoAuthor
Update

So, good news and bad.

Bad news, I'm sure it will surprise no one to hear that I'm still not done. My ability to predict how much I have left to do is basically nil, it seems.

Good news, my progress in the last month has been significantly above average, in terms of volume. I'm at a slightly sticky point right now, but basically, I have to just finish up a little speech and then a paragraph or three of introspection, and then backtrack to the ending of an intimate scene that I temporarily skipped when I was having trouble with it, and I'll be done. Once I type it up, that is, and revise along the way. So. Yes.

VividryVividryabout 10 years ago
Heavens

Excited! Been waiting so long for the last chapter. Keep up the good work, eager to find out what will happen.

nomennescionomennescioabout 10 years agoAuthor
Hallelujah

Chapter 5 has been submitted, only about eight months from the end of chapter 4. And I submitted the first chapter back in September of 2012? Jesus christ. Anyway. Hopefully it won't be too disappointing. It usually takes three days to a week for it to actually go up, assuming it's doesn't get rejected for some reason.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usernomennescio@nomennescio
8/2021: I fear the spark has left me. I've started and re-started half a dozen stories over the last few years, and every time, I get stuck midway through, losing the ability to conjure up words that would demand being read.

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES