Red Sky at Night Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Has this ever happened between direct relatives?" Jane asked.

"You mean between sisters or a mother and daughter?" Liara said reluctantly.

"Yeah," Shepard said quietly.

"There have been some... some instances of that," Liara said, sounding rather uncomfortable. "It's a very harsh taboo though, as you can probably imagine. Two asari mating is already considered by the majority of our species as detrimental to genetic diversity, so you can imagine what the addition of mating with members of one's own family would mean. Not that they would have to produce offspring from such a link of course. Family members can be very close though, and it's not uncommon for us to share our thoughts with our parents and siblings on a deeper level than with others. It wouldn't take much from either participant to push that little bit further, and if both of them come to love each other on a romantic level even slightly or even find each other attractive, they'd probably would find it hard to stop once they'd begun, even if it was wrong and both knew it."

"I see," Jane said, noticing she was feeling rather warm.

"Why are you asking me about this?" Liara queried. Jane jumped at the question.

"I was just curious, that's all," Jane defended weakly. "The topic of your mother came up, and you mentioned asari mothers usually taught their offspring what it meant to be an asari, so..."

"So... what?" Liara pressed, and then her eyes flared open with shock and she blushed. "Are you wondering whether my mother and I ever... ever got that..."

"Nonono!" Jane interrupted quickly. "That's not what I was meaning!"

Liara's shocked expression shifted and a strange smile came to her lips. This was something Jane wasn't expecting at all. She thought Liara would have called her sick and either left or asked her to leave, but instead Liara was almost smirking and blushing.

"You're perverse!" the asari said with shocked mirth before whomping Shepard with a pillow roughly, yet playfully. "I never thought you'd have such a dirty little fetish like that!"

Jane didn't know how to answer that, so just said "sorry" awkwardly. Until a few moments ago, that exact thought hadn't crossed her mind. At least not quite in the way Liara thought she meant it. Liara seemed flustered and too looked caught between emotions on the matter.

"I can tell you now, Jane Shepard, that while my mother and I may have been close, we were never quite THAT close!" Liara said, giving Jane another pillow to the face. "So your twisted little fantasy is only that... a fantasy. And you'll get no help from me with it."

Liara laughed again, still blushing as she shook her head and put her soft, fluffy weapon back behind her head. She lay back down and turned over, facing away from Jane.

"I love you," Jane said sheepishly after a few seconds of silence between them.

"Good night, Shepard," Liara said in a strangely whimsical-yet-firm manner, letting Shepard know that she wasn't that annoyed, but that talking was done with for the night.

Jane slid down further under the covers herself, thumping her head in feigned protest onto the pillow. She heard a titter from Liara. Sighing, she stared up at the stationary stars through the skylight above, and her thoughts drifted back to her past again. It was back to another series of key moments in her life, and in her and her mother's relationship: the moments that led to them putting an end to things.

March 6th, 2176 CE

Shepard Family Home, Earth

It was just over two months into the year and already 21-year-old Jane Shepard had seen enough fighting to last her the rest of it. While taking shore leave on Elysium, the colony came under surprise attack from a group of pirates, mercenaries and other hired thugs. It turns out it was lucky Jane had been there, because she'd been the one to lead the resistance effort before the Alliance Navy could deal with the invading ships. Jane had come close to death more times during those hours of Elysium than she ever had been in her entire life beforehand, but her actions helped secure a victory for an event that had been dubbed "The Skyllian Blitz" almost as quickly as it had happened. Jane had also been awarded one of the Alliance's highest honors: The Star of Terra.

It was almost three years now since Jane had joined the Alliance Military, and as such the same amount of time since she and her mother had first made love and decided to be more than just mother and daughter. Both had done a good job of keeping their relationship a secret during that time, helped largely by the fact they rarely spent much time alone together. Hannah continued serving on the SSV Einstein while Jane had been training at the academy for most of the time, where her leadership potential had been immediately recognized. As such, Hannah and Jane only saw each other if both were on leave or during special occasions.

Since it was so rare, Hannah and Jane had cherished every moment they spent with each other. The main problem for the first eight months was Jane's father, with both Shepard women agreeing that he should never find out. Fortunately he rarely made it to family get-togethers anyway, but unfortunately the reason this no longer became an issue eight months into things was because he was accidentally killed in an Alliance operation.

Both Shepard women felt that if one ignored the fact they were mother and daughter and the need to hide it, they had a very healthy relationship as a whole. Both loved each other very deeply, and there was more depth to their relationship than just sex and the overall thrill both felt from the forbidden nature of it. For one thing, during the week following the death of Jane's father, the two were almost always together to support each other, but almost purely as a mother and daughter. Beyond that, the two would often talk about things and just enjoy spending time together for days at a time without more than hug or brief kiss between them quite easily, and both could share a bed without needing to get naked and writhe under the covers every time. And yet at the same time, when they did make love, it was always one of the mostly deeply satisfying experiences for both of them.

It had been a week now since The Skyllian Blitz, and Jane was on leave again. Her first lot had been interrupted by the incident of course, and the Alliance had decided to give her some more time off. It was the least they could have done considering she'd been the one who saved Elysium. But this time she was taking her leave on Earth, at the Shepard family home no less, and in honor of her daughter's accomplishments, Hannah Shepard had also been granted some time to spend with Jane. Hannah had already arrived almost a full day earlier than her daughter by the time Jane arrived, and she was looking forward to giving her daughter some more good news.

"Mom, I'm home!" Jane announced as she walked in the front door. "You here?"

Jane put down the case she was carrying and shrugged a bag off her shoulder, placing it beside the case. She was still wearing her fatigues and couldn't wait to change into something more casual. It had been a long trip to get back to Earth, and with her face all over the news it was hard to take more than two steps without somebody recognizing her. Walking further into the main living room, Jane finally heard a response just when she was beginning to think perhaps her mother was out.

"I'm in the bedroom, honey!" Hannah's voice called out. "Just give me a minute."

Jane acknowledged her mother and went into the kitchen to get a drink of water. Putting the pitcher back in the fridge, she noticed a box of chocolates wrapped in a red and white-striped ribbon with a card.

On the card it simply had "Proud of you! Congratulations" along with her mother's name with hearts on either side. Hannah smiled warmly, slipping the card back under the ribbon again.

"Okay Jane!" Hannah's voice called out from behind the door. "Come on in here, honey!"

Jane cocked an eyebrow. Why was her mother asking her to go in there rather than just coming out to see her? Not wanting to over think things on what should be her first day of relaxation, Jane shrugged it off and approached the bedroom door. Opening it, the first thing she noticed was that it was pitch black inside, despite it not being that late. The curtains were pulled shut and Jane couldn't see much more than the vague shape of the bed ahead of her. Flicking on the light, Jane soon found out why.

"Surprise, honey!" Hannah called out.

Standing at the other end of the room stood Jane's mother, holding a bottle of wine in one hand and two tall glasses in the other. She had a large smile on her face, and for some reason was wearing her long, fluffy bathrobe that covered her from chin to toe.

"I should have known you'd do something like this," Jane said dryly. "I'm just surprised there were no balloons or streamers to go with it."

"What do you expect, honey?" Hannah said as she walked closer. "You're the Alliance's new hero, and humanity's savior. The best of the best."

"I just did what any good soldier should have done," Jane said as Hannah popped the cork and began to pour some wine. "Everybody is making too big of a deal out of it."

"Nonsense, Honey!" Hannah dismissed, handing Jane a half-glass of white bubbly. "Not every soldier could do what you did even if they tried to. Some would even say it was an impossible task. But you did it, and you deserve it."

Hannah put the bottle in an ice bucket on the nearby nightstand then raised her glass to her daughter. Taking the hint, Jane reluctantly tapped hers against it in response and the two drank. After Jane's was gone, she spoke again. "Even if you're right, the deed should be its own reward."

Hannah stopped drinking once the cliché had been delivered, raising one eyebrow as a smirk came to her face. She swallowed the last of her wine then took Jane's glass from her, placing both on the nightstand with her eyes never leaving her daughter's face.

"You may eat those words soon, Honey," Hannah said slyly. "Especially since I have some news for you from Alliance H.Q. that the Star of Terra is just the tip of the iceberg."

"What do you mean?" Jane asked skeptically. Hannah giggled like a girl half her age, then began backing away from her daughter slowly while never taking her eyes off of her.

"Well, one of the Admirals was going to tell you, but you were already on your way here when it was decided, and so he thought that I might like to give you the news instead. So I decided that rather than just tell you, I'd be a bit more... creative."

Jane was about to ask for Hannah to explain more, but was left with her mouth hanging open as her mother tugged the belt of her robe and let the garment slide off her shoulders and onto the floor in two smooth motions. Jane was rendered speechless at the sight of Hannah standing before her in some very exotic lingerie, complete with frilly accoutrements, a garter belt attached to thigh-high stockings and even a little collar. It was mostly in a very dark, charcoal gray one could easily call black in poor lighting, with some of the straps and frills in red and white striped patterns. Portions of it were thin, almost transparent material and there was a hole in the center to reveal her mother's navel, while the cups accentuated Hannah's breasts and the cleavage dipped low.

As Jane was left standing there, Hannah slinked up to her speechless, ogling daughter, definitely proving that while she was going on 40, she had the body of a woman in her 20's still. Jane caught a glimpse of something rather noteworthy just before Hannah wrapped her arms around her and pulled their lips together to initiate a soft, sensual kiss. Slurping away from Jane, Hannah's next words confirmed what Jane suspected if the letter and number she'd seen written together on Hannah's collar hadn't.

"Congratulations, Jane. The Alliance wants you for the N7 program."

Whenever Jane was asked by anybody in an interview what it was like when she was asked to join the N7 program, Jane always gave the same answer: that it was one of the most memorable moments of her life. Of course, everybody who asked her didn't realize the true extent of what she meant by that.

"I'm... I'm in the N7 program?" Jane managed to ask, still flustered and with her eyes roaming over Hannah's body. Her mother laughed in a manner that seemed both sexy and devilish at the same time.

"Oh no, Honey," Hannah said teasingly, drawing invisible swirls on her daughter's chest with one finger. "Not yet you aren't. You've been given the offer, but you still have to pass three trials."

"Three trials?"

"Yessss," Hannah hissed. "You see, you still need to prove yourself worthy of being in N7 to a superior officer. And since I'm the only one here... that means me."

Before Jane could respond, Hannah darted towards her without warning, pinning her to the wall behind with a thud. Jane just yelped, staring widely into her mother's seductive eyes. Hannah licked her lips, taking in Jane's shocked reaction.

"To begin, I need to see how you handle pressure when your back is against the wall," Hannah told her, and she pressed her body up against Jane's even more. "And in case you were wondering, I'm Pressure. Because seeing you builds me up and you can always get a rise out of me."

Jane founds her entire mouth being covered by Hannah's, whose lips sucked onto her face like an octopus. At the same time, Hannah pressed her body into Jane even more, squeezing her against the wall. Jane had to breathe through her nose, but Hannah put a stop to that by reaching over with one hand and squeezing her nostrils shut. Jane felt the other hand begin to grasp one of her breasts, then gently massage it through her shirt. Jane now had no way of getting a supply of oxygen, and to make things worse, one of her mother's knees raised up between her legs to rub her there, and then pressed up further until she was lifted off of her feet and straddling it. Jane felt both good and bad, and didn't know how long she could take it. It was then her mother's words came back to her and made her realize what she had to do.

"I need to see how you handle pressure when your back is against the wall," Hannah had said, and then after that, "And in case you were wondering, I'm Pressure."

Hannah was holding her nose closed with one hand and massaging one of her breasts with the other, so Jane's arms were now free. All this time she had been just taking this, when she was supposed to be "handling Pressure" instead. Jane reached out with her hands and cupped Hannah's breasts in return, then began to rub her thumbs in circles around the tips, flicking Hannah's nipples through the nearly sheer fabric that barely covered them. Hannah gasped, removing her mouth from Jane's for just long enough to allow her daughter some air before she clamped her lips back on.

Jane kept feeling her mother's boobs, and then tried another retaliatory effort to deal with the pressure rising below. Using her feet against the wall to push herself up higher, she stopped her mother's bucking knee from rubbing against her nether regions, then clamped her own thighs down upon Hannah's and squeezed as hard as she could. Her mother began making noises of protest inside her mouth, eventually gasping to give more air to Jane, while also jerking her leg free from her daughter's vice-like grip.

Jane acted quickly, returning the gesture by raising her own right thigh up between Hannah's legs, eliciting another gasp and another chance for air. Releasing her mother's breasts, Jane grasped Hannah's hips firmly and pressed her mother's crotch down upon her raised knee, then began to drag her mother's entire lower half across her horizontal thigh. Hannah whimpered and gasped around and into Jane's mouth a few more times, but it wasn't long before she released the suction, giving into her daughter's valiant reversal of fortune. The two of them pressed their foreheads together, staring with wanton lust into each other's eyes as Hannah rode her daughter's leg. Hannah wanted to ride this all the way to climax, but it was too early yet. There were still two more tests after all.

Reluctantly, Hannah pulled herself off her daughter's wonderful thigh and regained her breath. Jane just stood and watched, still half-leaning against the wall and breathing a heavily with flushed cheeks. She must have got her mother fairly worked up already, since there was a damp line on her fatigues running from her right knee to halfway up her thigh. Hannah brushed some locks of mousy brown hair back behind one ear and smiled with a chuckle.

"Well, Honey. You certainly passed your first test. You handled Pressure very well indeed. Perhaps even..."

Hannah let the sentence hang as she reached down to run an index finger up between her legs. She raised the glistening finger before her daughter, taking a couple of steps forward and bringing it closer to Jane's face. Instinctively, Jane opened her mouth and extended her tongue. "...too well," Hannah finished as her daughter tasted her arousal.

"Two more tests," Jane said coyly. "How hard could they be?"

"Lie down and you'll find out," Hannah answered in sultry tones, taking Jane's arm and leading her closer to the bed.

Jane stood at the edge of the bed, just about to crawl onto it when she felt a gentle hand on her shoulder encourage her to turn around. Doing so rewarded her with a deep kiss from Hannah, and she felt her mother begin to remove her Alliance-issue shirt while they made out. The kiss was broken so it could be slipped over her head, revealing a plain white tank top beneath. As soon as the newly removed garment was tossed aside, Hannah prodded her daughter's chest firmly to push her backwards onto the bed. Jane just stared up at her mother, as Hannah took her left boot in her hands and began to remove it.

"Now it's time for your second test," Hannah explained. "For this little exercise, I need to find out how well you cope under fire."

Hannah slipped off Jane's left boot and began working on the right one. As soon as it joined its partner on the ground, she continued explaining. "And in similar vein to your previous test..."

Hannah left that sentence hanging too as she pulled herself between her daughter's legs and up over Jane's body, until her face was looking down onto Jane's. "...I'm Fire," she finished. "Because I'm in heat, you make me hot and I burn for you."

Hannah dipped her face down upon Jane's for another deep kiss, which lasted a couple of minutes before Hannah pulled away and began kissing her throat and upper chest, and then worked her way down even further. Much like their first time together, Jane's breasts were freed from the tank top and suckled upon, first one then the other, and it seemed every inch of her skin was being tended to by Hannah's lips.

Jane couldn't believe this was happening. At least not in the manner it was. Until now, whenever they'd made love it had always been a fairly straightforward affair. They'd never done anything like role-playing before, Hannah had never shown signs of such erotic imagination like this and she'd never been quite so dominating and kinky. As strange and new as it was though, Jane couldn't argue with the results. Hannah was tonguing her naval now and she was incredibly turned on. Her mother was already damn sexy in her eyes, but tonight she was a bewitching seductress on a whole new level. Hannah was Fire all right, and if "coping well under fire" meant holding off against what this woman was doing to her right now, Jane wasn't sure she could hold off much longer.

Jane felt Hannah's hand slip down the front of her trousers and two fingers beginning to rub her pussy gently. At this point the only thing Jane thought stopped it pushing her too far was the fact that there was still the cloth of her panties between the stroking fingertips and her sensitive folds, thin admittedly as said cloth might be. Jane gasped at each caress, looking up to see her mother's beautiful visage rocking gently mere inches above her own face. Hannah's eyes were half-lidded and filled with desire, her cheeks rosy with heat and her forehead beaded with sweat and plastered locks of hair. Jane realized that this was probably the closest thing to being pleasured by a deity. Hannah was as beautiful, as wise and as strong as any goddess of legend, and Jane was being made love to by her.