Red Sky at Night Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hannah looked back at Liara the whole time, watching the asari's expression change, and not acting until she could gauge how to deal with this. Liara leaned casually against the edge of the model ship display case, her head propped on an angle against it as she looked at the two Shepard's sideways for a moment, curiosity and deep thought playing upon her facial features. Her cheeks became flushed and she absent-mindedly curled a finger into her collar to loosen it slightly with one hand, while the other ran up her thigh. Liara's gaze became direct, as if to draw Hannah's attention, then drifted down to Jane's exposed vagina and back to Hannah's face. It was like Liara was silently telling her to continue, which was the last thing Hannah expected. The older Shepard began to descend back down between Jane's thighs, pausing in the middle while her gaze never left the watching asari. Liara gave a small, expressionless nod, so Hannah continued to dip her head to her daughter's slick center. After a few laps at Jane's slippery folds, her eyes darted up to look at Liara again, and she saw a small smile on the asari's purple lips. Liara watched for a few moments more, then slowly and quietly turned around, running her right hand down the side of the display case before quietly leaving the room.

The lovemaking in Shepard's quarters continued for another twenty minutes after Liara had left before Shepard's vision managed to clear enough to notice the clock at her bedside. She gasped, flipping over her mother and disengaging from her in a frenzy.

"What's wrong, honey?" Hannah asked, lying on her back with her breasts poking skywards.

"We've been going at it for hours," Jane said, looking for her civvies. "Liara could be back any moment. You need to get dressed too."

Jane abandoned the search for her own clothes and tossed Hannah hers. Hannah blushed without saying anything and began to get dressed. When she only had her jacket to go, she finally said something.

"Normally you're supposed to take orders from me y'know," she quipped.

"Yeah, well... when there's Reapers about, it changes things," Jane said, spraying herself with a can of deodorant to mask the smell of sweat and sex clinging to her. "I'm the authority then." She tossed Hannah the can. "You'd better use this too."

"Yes ma'am," Hannah joked as she took the suggestion, while Jane tried her best to comb her sweat-matted hair.

"Maybe I should just take a shower to be on the safe side," Jane groaned. Her hair didn't seem to be cooperating.

"Honey, you're feeling guilty about this, aren't you?" Hannah asked. "I mean, because of Liara."

Jane stopped failing with her hair and turned to Hannah slowly. Her mother tried to give her a reassuring smile.

"I do," Jane admitted with a shake of her head. "I really love Liara. I didn't want to betray her like this." She paused and looked up to Hannah. "I'm going to have to tell her, aren't I?"

"Yes, you are," Hannah said flatly. "But, I'm sure that if you explain it in the right manner, and are completely honest with her, she'll understand."

"I'm not so sure about that," Jane said, scoffing at the motion. "It's not an easy thing for anybody to accept, let alone for somebody who is supposed to be my girlfriend!"

"Just give her the benefit of the doubt," Hannah comforted, one hand placed on Jane's shoulder. "She's an intelligent, kind and understanding woman. You might be surprised."

"I think I'll try to get this Reaper thing sorted out first," Jane sighed, followed by a chuckle. "Fighting the Reapers seems like a breeze compared to that!"

Almost on cue, Shepard's omni-tool bleeped and Shepard answered it. After a hesitation, Liara's voice came through the speaker.

"Shepard. I'm just calling to tell you that I'm finished with the scientists and on my way up." A pause. "Is everything all good?"

The last question was awkward, and Hannah picked up on it as she listened in, but it went right over Jane's head. "Yeah, everything's all good, Liara. We'll leave once you're back aboard the Normandy."

"Are you sure?" Liara said. "Don't you want to spend some more time with... your mother?"

Hannah noticed the hesitation at the end, but, once again, Jane didn't pick up on anything. Her eyes drifted to her mother.

"I would, but... there's work to be done," Jane answered reluctantly. "We've had a good time together. Made up for a lot of lost time."

"Okay," Liara responded. "I'll be there soon."

The message ended and Hannah hugged Jane firmly. "Come here, honey," she said, stroking her daughter's hair. "I'm going to miss you."

"Me too, Mom," Jane said. "I love you so much."

"I love you too. I always will. As a mother, as a lover and as something more special than both those things."

"As soon as the Reapers are defeated, I'm going to find you," Jane said with conviction. "Once they're gone, nothing will stop me from getting to you."

"I'll be waiting," Hannah said. "I'd say 'make me proud' but you did that years ago, and have never stopped."

As they hugged again, the main door slid open and both Shepard's turned to see Liara walk in. She smiled at the loving embrace and nodded at each of them in turn.

"I'm glad you haven't left yet, Admir-" Liara started, and then corrected herself. "Hannah. I was hoping to get a chance to say goodbye before you left."

"I'm glad," Hannah said with a nod. "It was a pleasure to finally meet you, Miss T'Soni."

"Liara," the asari corrected. "And the feeling is mutual." She turned to the younger Shepard. "Mine if I see your mother back to the Crucible, Shepard?"

"She couldn't be in better hands," Jane said, and she kissed her mother on the cheek. "Bye, Mom."

"Bye, honey," Hannah said. "Good luck."

Hannah walked up to Liara and the two of them disappeared from Jane's sight as the door slid closed behind them. Entering the elevator with Hannah, Liara set the elevator in motion to take them down. It barely moved though before Hannah's arm darted out and stopped it again. Without saying a thing, Liara simply looked across to Hannah, whose head was hung low. Liara gave the Admiral a moment to collect herself, wanting Hannah to say whatever she wanted to say.

"I'm sorry, Liara," Hannah said with a shake of her head. "I know that's not enough, but... I needed to say it."

"I understand," Liara said stoically. "At least, I understand the apology. I must admit, I did not know that human mothers and daughters were so close."

"We aren't," Hannah said. "I mean, we're usually not. We're not supposed to be." She sighed. "It would be as much a shock to any human that walked in on us like you did. Perhaps even more of one."

"I see," Liara said. "I believe Shepard was trying to tell me something about this last night, but she was having difficulty expressing it. I believe she was afraid of hurting me."

"She was," Hannah said. "She loves you, despite the fact she loves me too. She didn't want you to not understand and didn't want you betray you or feel that she cheated on you. I didn't want to either. I tried to stop this from happening again, but... there is a depth to this you don't understand. Our feelings for each other are strong. Especially after so much time apart."

"I understand," Liara said. "Not fully admittedly, but I get what you're saying. I could see it there, when you two were together."

Liara looked at the human directly and paused to let it sink in. Hannah couldn't help but blush, but Liara didn't look hurt or angry.

"I realize that I can't replace you or compete with your for Shepard's affections in that manner," Liara said. "You and Jane share something very strong. I could see it in your eyes, in your passion. Thinking about Shepard, in hindsight I can see it in hers."

"I'm sorry, Liara," Hannah said genuinely. "I never meant to come between you like this. You don't deserve that."

"I still love Shepard," Liara said. "Much like you do. I'm sure, when the time is right, she will tell me about this. Between us, we will work things out."

"Are you sure?" Hannah asked. "It can't be an easy thing to deal with for you. To stay with Shepard until you've discussed it all despite what happened?"

Liara turned towards Hannah and smiled, shaking her head. "I don't think you understand," she said.

"Understand what?"

Liara took a step towards Hannah, encouraging her to face her with a gentle guiding of her shoulder. Hannah felt her cheeks flush as Liara placed a hand under her chin and gently stroked her cheek with a thumb. She could feel Liara's breasts press gently against her own.

"That when I said that we'll work things out between us, I wasn't just talking about just between Shepard and myself."

Hannah's vision filled with blue and she found herself frozen as soft violet lips pressed against her own. She felt a tongue glide between her teeth and was soon in the middle of a deep, passionate kiss. It only lasted a few seconds, but was very telling and pleasant. Liara pulled away with a soft slurp, a trial of saliva breaking between them as she stepped back, a playful smirk on her lips and a seductive glare in her eyes.

"I believe you humans have a saying," Liara said before Hannah could get a word out. "If you can't beat them, join them."

"Well," Hannah managed to say after a moment to collect herself. "That's certainly some incentive to survive this Reaper invasion."

Liara smiled then activated the elevator again, not saying another word until it reached their destination. She walked Hannah to the exit doors then gave her a strong hug.

"Goodbye, Hannah," she said. "Perhaps when this is all over, I shall call you 'mother' as well."

"I'd be honored to call you my daughter too, Liara" Hannah said. "And treat you as I would her."

Liara smiled and nodded as the two disengaged from each other's arms, a hint of a blush coming to her cheeks. With that, Hannah Shepard left the Normandy, and left Liara with a few thoughts of her own. Perhaps she should talk with Shepard sooner rather than later. After all, it might give her an even greater reason to fight the Reapers. If that isn't motivation, Liara didn't know what would be.