Redwood Nine: Season 02 Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Clay, got some news you have to hear. It's not good, that's why we didn't tell you on the phone. It's Jake, Clay. He's dead."

Clay tried to fathom the words JT told him, none of them, anything close to the reality he had in his mind.

"Dead? How?"

"He was shot. Him and Marlene both. She's fighting for her life, but Jake didn't make it. I'm so sorry, brother."

Clay looked at JT and knew the truth was in his eyes, but he refused to accept it. He shook his head and looked around, hoping it was just a horrid prank they were pulling, but every face spoke the same truth to him. It slowly sank in and consumed him with the reality it came with. Clay was trying to keep it together, as he looked at JT for answers.

"Who did it? Why? Why would anyone kill Jake?"

JT saw the same feelings he had, upon hearing the news. He understood where the confusion was going to take him and he helped Clay avoid going in that direction.

"I know who it was and I know why he did it."

Clay's grief halted at hearing the disclosure of evidence, a different emotion taking its place. Revenge.

"It was Clive Brock, Marlene's husband. He caught them in bed together and shot them where they lay. I know he did, I saw it for myself. I know the cop that was watching the place and he let me in to see. I saw the blood stains on the bed myself, I know where they were. I heard it from Gus himself, that Jake and this guy Brock, got into over Marlene and ended up in jail. Even he said the guy has a bad temper and has muscle to back it up, so Gus might have been talking guns and not bodies. I don't know, but everything points to this guy."

Clay's rage came out in a flurry. His face a show of violence unleashed.

"I want him dead. I don't care how we do it, I want that guy dead."

"I'm glad you feel that way, because that's exactly what we're going to do, Clay. We're going to waste that fucker for killing Jake and make sure he suffers for it."

Clay looked at JT with blood lust in his eyes and saw its equal coming back, affirming JT's words were truth.

"Tom is picking up the hardware now and we're going to do a little B & E and get into Marlene's room. I saw some things that might have the address we're looking for, to know where this asshole lives."

Clay felt the need for vengeance being carried out, the way he wanted it to be and smiled, everyone seeing the pleasure he was achieving from it. It unnerved some to see it, the true nature and character of the man they called brother, coming out for them all to see. JT began to have concerns about him, thinking back to Marlene's admission of Jake and Clay getting into it a while back. He was seeing the side of Clay, that had most likely caused problems with Jake. Knowing Jake's even temper, Clay had to have crossed another line with him, that he hadn't and didn't know about. As he thought more, he never would now. His only chance at knowing the truths of everything, lay with a woman clinging to life and an ex-con.

Tom and Wally walked back in carrying a duffel bag and dropped it on the drywall table with a loud metallic thunk. Everyone looked at the bag, knowing what was inside, but still thought of it as Pandora's Box. JT leaned forward and opened the zipper, exposing the guns and the boxes of ammunition. He pulled out a nine millimetre pistol and looked it over, then hit the eject button and pulled the clip out. He checked to make sure it was clear of any rounds and put the clip back in. He pointed it at the bay door and dry fired it.

"Nice job, Tom, you too Wally. Look like good pieces. Have to check out the ammo and see how good it fires. No sense wading in with guns and find out the bullets are shit and won't fire. Remember Tang-Nam, Piney? Remember Jury packing his clips with that shit ammo and we landed at the drop zone and the fucking gooks were waiting for us. Jury went to shoot the fucker right in front of him and his bullets were dead shots. If I had of used the same ammo, he'd be coming home in a box. I had to give him some of my clips, remember that?"

"Yeah, I do. I was happy I had different ammo than you guys and mine worked perfect. You're right JT, we should pack a clip each and make sure the shit works right."

"I know where we can go to shoot them and no one will hear or see us."

"Where's that Clay?"

"Where I used to live, when my parents were alive. Nothing but wide open land for miles and no one around. Lots of posts to shoot at too, so you can get good at hitting something smaller. Makes it easier when you aim it the son of a bitch and pull the trigger, you know you'll hit the fucker."

"Guess we're doing a little target practice tomorrow. Otto, what time you got?"

"Ten forty seven."

"I think it's time to close up here and head back to the motel and spend some time with the girls, then we're going to find out where Clive Brock lives. Next trip we take down, we're going sightseeing."

The guys knew what the plan was now and they all agreed on it. The clubhouse was vacated and locked, then the calm silence of the night air, exploded with thunderous eruptions of horsepower. Wally took the keys and drove up, then opened the gate. JT led everyone out in formation behind him, then Wally closed the gate and locked it behind him, jumping back in his car and flooring it, catching up to the line of brothers in front of him. The ride was reaffirming to them, bringing everyone back to a cohesive unit again.

Faces appeared in windows, smiles on every one of them, happy that their men were back. Bikes were stopped and parked, as doors opened and couples hugged in comfort. JT had his room filled with bodies, starting to talk about what had happened while they were gone, when a knock came at the door. JT went and opened it, to see Officer Unser standing there.

"Hi John, saw you guys pull in and wanted to let you know the news. Mrs. Brock is out of surgery, but she's still in critical condition. If she can make it through the night, the doctors say she stands a good chance of making it. As far as who did it, they haven't got a suspect yet, but they're running down some leads from people who saw the car and driver heading out of Charming at a high rate of speed. Might have a partial plate number to go on. I'm real sorry to hear about your mom, that's hard to take. Lost mine to cancer two years ago."

"Shit Wayne, I didn't know, sorry man. Cancer huh? That's a bad way to go. Thanks, about my mom, you're right, it's something you know will happen, but when it does, it doesn't seem real. Did your mom suffer very long?"

"Yeah. Had bladder cancer, nothing they could do to stop it. Just had to wait until she died. Still haunts me to see her like she was at the end. Gives me fucking nightmares. Look, I didn't come to get all sentimental and shit, I just wanted to let you know what was going on, seeing how close you were to Jake and all."

"Thanks Wayne, I really appreciate it. You doing the watch tonight?"

"Yeah, I got the cushy duty tonight. Just hang around and watch dew form on my car all night."

"Maybe I'll come and keep you company for a bit. Shoot the shit about old days and stuff. I can bring us a couple of coffees and help pass the time."

"Yeah, sure, that would be alright, I'd like that. See you whenever then, you know where I'll be."

"For sure, later Wayne."

Wayne walked away, back to his cruiser and got in. JT closed the door and smiled, as he looked at the guys, the girls having no idea what was planned for later.

"Looks like we have our distraction, guys. When I go hang out with Unser, it's time to get things in motion and get what we're looking for. I don't want to waste any more time than we need to and get to where we need to go."

The girls had no idea what JT was talking about, but all the guys did and smiled, knowing justice had been deliberated over and they would get to carry out sentencing soon. One thing every mind was thinking at that moment, was that Clive Brock was living on borrowed time.