Reese Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers

"The only person who comes to mind from that time is the young father that I told you about- but that isn't possible."

"Unless he was turned," Vangie said, "but what are the chances of that happening?"

"Better than you might think," Donatello replied. "During that time anyone unaffected by the disease was a prime target for us. We could drink the blood of the infected, but it tasted for lack of a better term-dead. Many of those that were used for food were killed, but there were some that were turned whether intentionally or by accident. Whether the man in question was turned- I don't know."

"Would he have known the Borcelli's? Vangie mused. "If he did, that simplifies things. What I don't know is how we're going to find out if he was turned or not. And there's another thing, just because he was doesn't mean that he survived."

"That is also true," Donatello agreed, but his gut was telling him that if the man had been turned- he would have survived.

"Let's start by watching the news, maybe some clue has popped up. The other thing is this- let's assume that he knows the Borcelli's..."

"The gala," Donatello murmured. "If he was bold enough to infiltrate Paolo's party, then he'll be bold enough to try to get into the gala which would be in my opinion; a suicide mission."

"But maybe he feels that he has nothing to live for other than revenge," Vangie replied. "Think about it- he lost his family to a horrible disease and then he was turned- probably against his will. So maybe he's planning on dying at the gala. But I have a question- he had to have had help to get into Paolo's party. He couldn't have just walked in- so who would have helped him?"

It was a good question to which Donatello had no answer.

"Donatello, is there anyone that you trust enough to help us with this?" Vangie asked.

"I'll have to think about it," he replied. "I've kept myself out of the loop for a long time."

"What about this Emilio? Shouldn't we warn him? Maybe he'll want to help..."

"Emilio is a bastard!"

"Maybe, but Don we may need him. What he is doesn't have anything to do with it. We need to find whoever is killing your little group off before he finds us and believe me-he will and we need to be ready."

Whatever nervousness Donatello was experiencing disappeared when Vangie used the shortened version of his name. It told him that she was in this for the long haul. He logged off of the chess website and pulled up the twenty-four hour news site. He pulled Vangie into his lap and let her settle before they watched. After fifteen minutes, he heard nothing new but Vangie was listening intently.

"We need to talk to that female vampire," she muttered. "She seems very observant," she said to Donatello. "Can we find out who she is?"

Donatello was feeling better by the second. He was wishing that he had confided in Vangie much earlier than he did instead of hiding. He shrugged off the feeling of regret and focused on the task at hand. When Vangie was finished, he planned to show her just how much he loved and appreciated her.

***

Salzburg, Germany

Marco walked around the large villa checking and double checking the internet connection. He had to be sure that there were no dead zones or spots where the internet was slow. Satisfied, he checked the laptops by running them through the security programs that he designed. The last thing that he did was to make sure that all of the batteries were fully charged and that each laptop had a spare battery sitting next to it. When he was through, he went to the room that he hoped to share with Edgar. He hadn't tried to speak to him since the last time.

Reese and Edgar would be arriving within the hour and Marco was nervous. He hoped that Edgar was no longer angry although he wouldn't blame him if he was. To kill time, he looked through the brochures that he had printed off of the internet.

Going to the Sound of Music tour topped the list. Going to Hitler's retreat, the 'Eagle's Nest' wasn't an option. He had fought in the war and had no desire to see Hitler's get-a-way. He regretted that it wasn't winter- he would have loved to have taken Edgar on a horse drawn sleigh ride, but that could be arranged for another time. "After this is over," he murmured.

He felt rather than heard Reese's presence in the house. A moment later, he felt Edgar's. His heart pounded as he went to the living room where Edgar was standing next to Reese. His mouth was dry as he tried to figure out what to say. How did one apologize for being an idiot?

"Marco, it's alright," Edgar said as he took a step forward. "Reese explained most of it."

Marco gave Reese a grateful look and then looked back at Edgar. "I am so sorry that I got you into this."

Edgar didn't say anything but opened his arms. Marco hesitated and then ran into Edgar's arms. Reese gave them a brief glance and disappeared to do a check on the wards. After he made his check, he went to his room and logged on to the Borcelli website. Finally there was a new announcement.

"The date and time for the gala will be announced soon. Once you receive your invitation, you must respond within twenty-four hours. Late responses will not be accepted for any reason. Please be aware that once you submit the name of your guest, that it cannot be changed."

"They are taking no chances," Reese muttered as he reread the announcement. He wondered if Lewis knew anything. He was part of the planning team; he had to know more than what was on the website. He dialed Lewis's number and was pleased when he picked up on the first ring.

"Is Edgar alright?" Lewis asked without a greeting.

"He's fine," Reese replied. "He's with my associate. What do you know about the gala? And don't say nothing. I just saw the announcement on the Borcelli website."

"All I know is what's going to be served," Lewis replied. "We won't find out the date, time and place until two days before and then we will all be sequestered at that location. You should also know that our cell phones will be taken."

"Let me worry about that," Reese said. "As soon as you hear anything, call this number. It's a prepaid phone and untraceable."

Reese gave him the number and hung up. He logged off of the Borcelli website and onto the chess website. His opponent hadn't played yet. As he surveyed the board, Reese wondered which trap the opponent would choose. There was a third option that would involve a small sacrifice, but it would only be found if the opponent was patient enough. Reese took his turns with the other games and logged off. It was time for him to go out and find a willing bed partner- he was long past due. As he vanished, he realized that this could be the last time that he made love. The thought didn't sadden him as it should have. Nor did the idea of dying frighten him- after all, what was the question that he had asked himself every day for centuries?

Do I want to live?

****

Elena's life was hell. In retrospect she wished that she had let Cristiano take her mind. She now knew that he had always planned on demoting her. He had always planned in humiliating her at the next gala- he was biding his time. That's why he had let her get away with thinking about the human-he had always planned to use it against her. There had been no real forgiveness. She had offered herself to do what he was going to do anyway- she just made it easier. When all was said and done, she would be as mindless as he was going to initially make her. He was watching her suffering and enjoying it. At that moment she hated him more than anyone that she could think of. That hate was mixed with love- he was still her mate and she loved him even if he no longer loved her. What was she going to do?

She switched to thinking about something else. She never knew when Cristiano was lurking about in her mind. "I am going to survive this emotionally and physically intact," she vowed. "I will not allow him...." a white hot pain burned inside her head dropping her to her knees. She slapped her hands to her head and moaned in pain as tears ran down her face.

"What are you supposed to be thinking about slave?"

Cristiano asked from inside of her head.

"You master," Elena replied through gritted teeth.

Just when she thought that her head was going to explode, the pain eased. She lay on the floor gasping in relief that was short lived. She scrambled to her feet when she heard male voices. She didn't think that she could bear to be touched one more time or to suck one more cock. She had only been demoted for a few days but it already felt like a lifetime.

She was gone just before the males rounded the corner. They were looking for her- she just knew it. She was still a novelty and probably would be for a long time to come. She made it to her room without incident, curled up on her bed and tried to keep her mind blank. She now understood that I wouldn't take much for Cristiano to kill her although she doubted that he would. He was having too much of a good time humiliating her.

She closed her eyes and began the relaxation breathing techniques that she had learned centuries before. Before long she was resting and dreaming of a much happier time. Ironically, that time included Cristiano. They had been together for so long that she couldn't remember her family. That wasn't exactly true- she remembered that they disapproved of Cristiano as soon as they saw him. Her mother had noticed from the beginning that there was something odd about him, but even then; Elena had been strong willed. All she knew and needed to know was that Cristiano Borcelli was strong, handsome and very, very rich. And she belonged to him.

Their wedding was everything that she had wanted and more. Cristiano wined and dined her, took her to every boutique and let her spend to her hearts content. He hadn't told her what he was until a month after their wedding night, but by then; she didn't care. The fact that he wasn't honest with her didn't matter. The fact that he made it clear that theirs was not a partnership didn't bother her. Neither did the fact that she was for all practical purposes his sexual slave. She loved him and she thought that he loved her.

Before he began to train her, he turned her and it wasn't in the most gentle of manners. She understood that the way that they made love before her turning was gentle. Her training lasted for months and by the time he was finished with her- he had the perfect mate-he thought. Elena tried to pin point where things began to go awry. She knew that her impulsiveness had something to do with it, but there had to be more. When her mind began to wander into forbidden territory, Elena pulled back and thought about something else.

She wondered how the plans for the gala were going as she was no longer in the loop. The only thing that she knew for sure was what she would be wearing-nothing but a piece of string to announce her fall from Cristiano's good will. She could hear the whispers now. She had made no friends over the centuries and had several enemies who were going to delight in watching her being used like a common whore.

She jumped at the banging on her door. Her respite had just ended.

*****

Reese wandered the streets of Salzburg looking for a bed partner and someone to feed from. Marco's question about what he was going to do once he had found everyone plagued him. The truth was he hadn't really thought about it. He hadn't expected to find so many of them so close together. In a few weeks it would be all over-everyone who had died at the hands of those he sought would be avenged. He didn't feel joy at the prospect of killing, but it had to be done.

He walked for a long time before he found a tavern of his liking. He slipped in and found a spot where he could watch without being noticed. He was there for almost an hour before someone caught his attention. She was military- the Army according to her insignia, she was a captain, but she wasn't alone and that presented a problem. The woman seemed to know that she was being watched because she glanced around the room. Her eyes lingered in the general area where he stood. He liked that- it showed that she had good instincts.

From where he stood, he could see that she was very pretty and of mixed heritage. Race had never mattered to him- a woman was a woman and he thought all women beautiful. But this one.... Now she was staring at him, her expression unreadable. Reese smiled and then nodded at her before looking away. Another hour passed before the people that had come in with the woman left leaving her alone. He watched her as she looked into her drink-the same one that she started out with and thought that she looked sad. Taking his now warm beer with him, he approached her.

"Hello," he said softly as he sat next to her.

She looked at him, but didn't speak. Reese changed his opinion about her looks. Close up she was beautiful. She looked up at him and then looked away without speaking.

"May I buy you a fresh drink?" Reese asked as he settled in the seat.

"No-thanks. Look, if you're looking for an easy pick up, I'm not your girl."

Reese smiled, he liked her. She was a straight shooter.

"What if I told you that my intent was to seduce you?" he asked.

She looked at him surprised by his directness.

"I've been watching you from the moment you walked in but then, you know that."

He now had her full attention. "How about that drink?" he asked.

"I don't drink," she replied, "and neither do you. I can tell by the lack of foam on the top of your beer and it looks flat."

"Impressive," Reese said meaning it. "Why are you here if you don't drink?"

"I could ask you the same question," she replied, "but to answer you- I didn't want to be alone tonight so I came for the company which as you can see is gone. Your turn- why are you here if you don't drink?"

"I was looking for someone to go to bed with," Reese replied.

"Really? And you're still here?" she asked. "This place is full of women who would leave with you in a heartbeat."

Reese blushed and then grinned at her.

"I'm rather picky and once you walked in no one else interested me. My name is Reese."

"You are some player aren't you?" she asked laughing for what seemed to be the first time in a long time. "My name is Alex- short for Alexandra."

Instead of getting her to leave with him, they stayed at the bar until last call. He was surprised by two things. One he didn't used an alias. Two the need and desire for blood and sex seemed to have taken a back seat. He really liked the woman who was now more relaxed and seemed happier. For that matter, so did he. He walked her back to where she was staying and kissed her.

"Alex- I would like to see you again," he said as he stroked her caramel colored skin. "How long will you be in Germany?"

"A few weeks," she replied surprised that he hadn't asked her what she did for the military or made any more references to going to bed with her. She surprised herself by agreeing to see him again. "I have meetings during the day, but I'm free most evenings."

"That is perfect," Reese replied touching her face again. "I too will be here for a few weeks. The evenings are the best time for me as well. Will you have dinner with me tonight?"

They exchanged cell phone numbers and kissed again. Reese was reluctant to leave her alone. Finally he released her from his embrace and told her to be careful.

Reese waited until Alex was inside before leaving. As soon as he could, he vanished to the villa feeling lighter than he had in centuries. He appeared in the living room where Edgar and Marco where sitting on the couch watching television. Marco looked up at him and stared.

"What happened? You look ... different."

"Is there anything new regarding the gala?" Reese asked ignoring the question.

"Reese..."

"Is there anything new?" Reese repeated not hiding his impatience.

"No... I checked a few minutes ago... so she must have been something..."

Marco was talking to air- Reese had vanished.

****

Reese paced the length of his room thinking not about the gala, but of the woman that he had just spent the evening with. The same protectiveness that he had felt toward his wife and children resurfaced after being buried for centuries. It excited, frightened and invigorated him. It also told him something- he and Maria were not meant to be. If that were the case, he wouldn't have left. That realization didn't change the fact that she needed to and would be avenged.

As excited as he was about Alex, it added a complication. He had someone else to think about although he hadn't admitted to himself who and what she was to him.

"Damn it!" he swore. "Why now?"

After several more minutes of pacing, he picked up the phone.

*****

Leo was busy trying to help his fellow slaves acclimate to the fact that they were free. Shirley had transferred money from Paolo's accounts into new accounts for all of them. What was happening was that several of them decided to stay together. He thought that maybe it was for the best. Of all of them, Natalie was having the hardest time. She had really loved Paolo and believed that he had loved her. Of all of them, she was also the most likely to commit suicide so she was never left alone. As for him, he had no problems making the transition from slave to freedman. In his mind he was never a slave but a victim of circumstance. In his mind he was in holding until he could find a way to kill Paolo thus freeing all of them and it had finally happened. He was helping three of the others choose where they wanted to live when the phone rang.

"Leo- how are they doing?" Reese asked genuinely concerned.

"As well as can be expected, but I think that they'll be alright. Some of them have decided to stay together which is a good idea. Giovanni- I don't know how to thank you for helping us. I know that we weren't the reason why you were there and it doesn't matter. You could have left us there. We are forever in your debt."

"You owe me nothing," Reese replied, "but I would ask a favor of you."

Leo listened as Reese told him what he needed.

"She will be safe," Leo said when Reese was done. "Giovanni, I meant it when I said that I am forever in your debt. If I can help you in any way, please allow me to do so. I am at your disposal."

"Let me repeat," Reese said. "You owe me nothing and I thank you for helping me."

Reese hung up satisfied that Alex would be safe during the evenings when he couldn't be with her. The day time provided another challenge. He was beginning to see that Marco had been right when he told him that he needed to expand his base of support. He went back to the living room where Marco and Edgar were acting like a pair of newlyweds.

"Marco- we need to talk," Reese said interrupting them.

"Now?" Marco asked tersely.

"Now and if you didn't want to be interrupted you do have a room," Reese replied dryly.

"That wouldn't have stopped you," Marco said.

"No," Reese admitted, "now let's go- we have things to discuss."

"Go on," Edgar said with a wave of his hand. 'I'll be in the bedroom."

They waited until Edgar was gone and Reese explained what was happening.

"Thank god!" Marco exclaimed. "So where is she? What's her name? Is she your mate? I guess she has to be if you're going to protect her! Dude- this is huge! What do you want me to do?"

"Are you done babbling?" Reese asked slightly amused.

"Yeah... sorry," Marco replied grinning.

His qualms about what was going to happen to Reese after the gala were quieted. As angry as Reese could make him with his cool demeanor and hard ass ways, he still considered him a friend even if Reese didn't feel the same way. He was also a big believer in fate. He and Reese were meant to meet that night in San Francisco and he was meant to meet whoever this woman was.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers