All Comments on 'Reflections on Lives Passed'

by Optimator

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
FAB!

This story got me all misty... loved the way u showed us the 'what if' scenario...

Ghost BearGhost Bearover 19 years ago
Good story

about choices and their effect on our lives. Keep writing.

NikiiBabieNikiiBabieover 19 years ago
Wow!

Awesome story! So deep and powerful.

It's never a good idea to let love slip away.

OptimatorOptimatorover 19 years agoAuthor
Thanks, everyone...

Just wanted to pop in and say a quick thanks for all the feedback and comments. I've written a bit more about this story on my blog at:

http://upstatekinkybastard.blogspot.com

Talks about where the story came from and why I had a difficult time with the ending.

Again, thanks for the kinds words.

Opt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for a wonderfully thought provoking story.We only ever have one life and choices are(for good or bad)part of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Thanks for quite a thought provoking story

I concentrated most on the ending, mainly because I've been one to let the best potential partners walk away. Yeah, it's my fault too. Went though one really bad relationship and never allowed any woman to get under my skin ever since.

Thanks for a story that really held a mirror up to my eyes, which is now leading me to rethink my self imposed isolation.

sacksackover 19 years ago
Ok, I don't understand it....

I'm sure this is my fault, but I don't understand this story. The 82 year old man at the beginning has a son named Michael, and a wife that has been dead 5 years. But the man at the end has no living relatives. Is everything in this story just a dream....a dream as to what could have been? If not, did I miss something somewhere?

Sack, late at night with small brain

Lady LayLady Layover 19 years ago
Choices

I really enjoyed this story. It shows how the choices we make influence our entire lives.

Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskinover 19 years ago
A real change-of-pace

Your story has a lot going for it. But, while I hate to toss out negativity, it also has a lot of confusing POV shifts in that last section. But that's a craft deal. With study and practice, you'll overcome that. No one can teach creativity and that's your strength. Keep up the good work.

Rumple

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Very intense

Not following the same kind of storyline as the other ones, this one is very involving and very intense. After readind this story, even i called my girlfriend and my parents to tell them that i loved them.

My Erotic TailMy Erotic Tailover 19 years ago
Indepth~

very good story...very thought out!

Excellent story line...reflections of the past felt like now~<grin>

U4eaU4eaover 19 years ago
*sniffs and reaches for a tissue*

I liked the way you linked the memories together and then the shift at the end...great!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
*smirk*

I adore the 'soft' side of you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Wonderfully Moving

Your ability to transition from one thought to another is amazing..this story had a flow to it that kept me reading. This story especially hit home for me, since I work in a hospital, and have taken care people who had no family..it always leaves you wondering. Absoulutely thoughtful, compelling..leaves the reader to really asses what is important in life. I love this!

logophilelogophileover 19 years ago
The bitterness of truth

Your story was held that kind of real, honest, painful truth that we often shy away from as a society. Thanks for digging this open and holding it out for us to take a good close look at. Read it a couple of weeks ago and it keeps coming back into my head.

minsueminsueover 19 years ago
Simply beautiful

It has been quite some time since a story has moved me the way yours has. Thank you.

Do_me_roughDo_me_roughalmost 19 years ago
confession

It's remarkable how much you can see through someone, with words. :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous