All Comments on 'Religion Can Justify Anything Ch. 02'

by MountainMike

Sort by:
  • 71 Comments
betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Nice

Although you had personal issues, I can see why it took so long to write the sequel. It wasn't a BTB tale but it was a revenge tale against all the co-conspirators. It was well thought out but it could have had more revenge. By the way, how much did our hero receive in the settlement? If it wasn't in the millions he was short-changed. And why wasn't there any revenge against other whore wife? Oh well it was still an excellent tale.

Carry on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Money

Totally unbelievable. The guy was a wimp the settlement was far too small and no one did jail time. Pure trash

hebert100hebert100over 10 years ago
stupid stupid

too little money for what happened to him and all those other women. His NET alone should have been at least 10 times bigger. Man what a stupid bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Anon

If a company has share holders you need to add a zero or two or it is just a giant hole in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
yep

this case could and should have been millions, without a question!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
another

stupid story told by an idiot.

m48gunnerm48gunnerover 10 years ago
Sad

Pretty sad....not a fun story to read

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
What a dumb ass story.

You went out of your way to make Rhoda a fucking retard. Us, how the fuck hot is she going to be in her 50's? I know you said they got together at 16; but seriously, she's had 7 kids, the youngest that is 3 (which would also include a high chance for Down's Syndrome) and married for 29 years. So again, how hot is she going to be to other men?

Lastly, if he walked into the office and everyone knew his wife was fucking Arthur, how is it that hubby didn't know about his "friend" Ben or the other 40 women? Again, your story was a waste of time and you should probably throw yourself offa tall building if the urge to write anything more than a grocery list strikes you.

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 10 years ago
Rhoda must be the dumbest character ever

There are just so many holes in this story I don't know where to start. But my favorite part was his asking her when she started masturbating. If she is like everyone I knowshe started masturbating around puberty. Also he is leaving his toddler daughter with a woman who is so dumb she would have trouble feeding herself let alone raising a child alone. I'll leave it at that.

Boros749Boros749over 10 years ago
Really?

such stupid annoying characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

You obviously didn't really change anything! I thought you listened to the commenters!?!? Well this fucking wimpy ass man could not fight himself out of a wet paper bag. What a fucking pussy and the bitch was just too stupid for reality. If I could give this weak ass fucking story a negative score I would. I am sick and fucking tired of reading about wimpy men in every fucking story not written by Stang. You wanna know why Stang has so many followers regardless of how good any particular story is? He writes about men who have pride and a backbone! What kind of pussy would let a woman push him around and give him ultimatums, not to mention all the other bullshit this wimp put up with! NO FUCKING WAY!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
My 2 Cents

The prior comments were too hard on the author. His hero was a middle aged office worker with no fighting skills or thug like friends. Other than being forced to watch by being physically restrained, he did all he could do. He forbad her from doing the deed, he rejected Evelyn, he got the bulls fired, got the company to pony up a settlement (I agree it was not enough but it was what he requested) and he got the position he wanted in a location he wanted. Further he did not give up his secret bank accounts. We all know if she wanted to fuck she would no matter what he did. He realized she was stupid but more than that a submissive. First bowing to her mom then to her mom's replacement Evelyn. Because of that knowledge he gave her the settlement (if she signed the divorce papers) - his revenge on her was the divorce and living well without her

As far as the daughter was concerned all he could do was kidnap her and go into hiding or he could kill or incapacitate his wife.. This were not realistic options. He could seek primary custody but lets face it courts will not give the father primary custody no matter how bad the mother is especially custody of a daughter.

What did you guys want him to do disappear as the husband did in Revelations or infect all those involved as in Nuclear Response? This was a fairly realistic tale that called for a fairly realistic response.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I liked it!

I don't see how this man is any different from many other good men who have been betrayed in stories here, who has to figure out how to handle a sudden upheaval and total shock to his life. Ultimately, he took charge of his life.

I am not bothered by all the "loopholes" others have found. I am interested in the characters and the trajectory of the story. I thought using the religious angle was original. Many people check their common sense and intelligence at the church door.

And I certainly don't understand complaints about the stupidity of the wife. StangStar's stories have the biggest collection of airheads on the planet, but he is worshipped as a god by many here. But if anyone else deigns to create a stupid wife, they are criticized for creating a less than believable one. Go figure.

You see, MoutainMike, this is what happens when you write in the Loving Wives category. There are many men who are cheated on and move on with their lives. But for a small contingent of those commenting here, there is only bitterness, and you have to give them their exact version of extreme revenge to get a decent rating.

EdgarJames34EdgarJames34over 10 years ago
Really good try...

You took a very interesting premise and told a good story. It is very hard to create a story line like this without some confusing and possibly unrealistic character development. Maybe some mental instability along with limited education as motivation for the wife? Just a thought...

Good dialog.

You are a better writer than most on this site...

Please don't let anonom-ASS dissuade you from doing your best...

You will do better next time...keep up the good work...

bobby9909bobby9909over 10 years ago
More, please?

I so seldom get the chance to sample a new writer that tells a story well. This was a good read. Yes there is room for improvement, but a worthy first effort. Thank you for your work.

I notice you commented on SS06 and his ability to churn out the stories week after week. He is a great story teller. I suppose I should read some of his new postings - it's been about 4 or 5 months since I did. At the time, while his ability to tell a story is quite good, I got overdosed on the formula he ALWAYS seems to use: Husband is a saint and the best looking guy around, wife is of average or below looks, she cheats and keeps on cheating, husband can NEVER seem to forgive, husband finds newer, better looking (usually playboy material) fiercely loyal girlfriend and lives happily ever after.

Again, I enjoyed it a lot and look forward to your next posting. Maybe another chapter of this? Maybe something different... but please keep writing.

Bev59Bev59over 10 years ago
Good job, you'll do well

Good job, keep up the good work. I can't wait to read your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A Dumb assed wife, a ridiculous low settlement make this story weak

With the tapes and cd he sent out he had them at his mercy, he should have secured millions. Now what dumb wife would believe all that crap thrown at her. Made this story very weak. Good effort though. Get your fact straight . He could have brought down the company going public.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Whew, took him long enough

to grow a pair. To the author, I enjoyed the story and the writing. Nice job, and thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
4*s MountainMike

I don't believe it !!

This cannot be the first thing you wrote. I must have misread the bio info .

It is smooth and clear writing . Excellent story.

Transitions in time and place are easily followed . You must have been writing for quite a while just not published.

You have talent and skills. I look forward to more stories !

I will be very happy to read chapter 3. As your protagonist collects his MILLIONS and raises his daughter in S.F.And his ex-wife realized she lost everything ! Just a suggestion take it or leave it.

About the comments, it is YOUR story. You use comments or ignore them. Constructive criticism is useful .But people in pain use comments to vent. You

have to ignor it . Be sympathetic .

In any case, I welcome you and look forward to more tall tales MountainMan .

AMerryMan

john1946john1946over 10 years ago
OK

I mean really......Somebody that stupid deserves to be burned. I thought he was quite nice to get the money for her. Of course, sure beats alimony. And somehow she forgot that God really has 10 rules........

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I read this story with interest

and the quality of your writing held it. OK, I can find some problems with your tale. I can see some technical flaws, but nothing observed casts doubt on your work being anything less then a more then adequate entry into this volatile LW category. I agree with another commenter when it seemed like your overall purpose was to show a woman so confused with changes in her life that she finds a way for her faith (and its largely an erroneous interpretation) to justify her cheating. As hubby is reacting to circumstances beyond his control, at one point he wonders "how can you argue with the bible?", but this failing of logic is OK because later the character realizes that those justifications are as useless as those who would pervert the message of Christ to mold it to any argument, no matter how base or outrageous. Oh the humanity! Oh the hypocracy! Keeping the moral high ground is the especial talent of a character others might call a wimp. He had to choose his timing carefully in order to get the greatest gains to be had. Acceptance that he had lost control of his wife might have been perceived as wimpy, but I liked when he vilified himself pointing out that it was hard to argue with an ultimatum. This story angered as well as interested me, because I too, like the author, find it hard to reconcile this kind of behavior with a woman who has shaped her entire adult life on a certain interpretation of religious beliefs, only to throw it all out the window, and change so incredibly 180 degrees opposite, when coerced by the stereotype user/abuser/alpha/big cock. This story hurt even more knowing that it was hubby who gave her the self confidence in the first place that would enable her narcissistic behavior, and fuel the betrayal of her greatest benefactor. Amazing that whether it is a Stangstar, or a faithful homage to his pantheon of stupid women, they always seem to take the most important person in their life for granted. If this woman hadn't taken her husband for granted, this entire situation could have been avoided. That is why it will always be HER fault, and whatever his actions, he remains blameless. Maybe he could have done something to prevent her going off the deep end, but the point that Stang and others hammer home, is that after 29 years of faithful marriage, he SHOULD NOT HAVE TO have done anything. SHE should just have known better. And the fact that she couldn't assess properly her own self destructive behavior, makes her that more deserving of the unhappiness that will surely follow her from now on. Good work on this story. Hope to see more from your pen!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
My Mistake

Sorry MountainMike I didn't give your story 4*s. I gave it 5*s !!

For a first effort, excellent !!

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Bringing the daughter into the scene wrecked it.

Your husband should have been the good guy, he was the one wrong. But his little girl is wandering around crying IN FRONT OF HIM trying to get her mother's attention, but his righteous speech, swearing and graphic descriptions of her behavior are more important than his own kid?

I hope Chapter three sees him stepping back and taking a serious self-assessment and realizing that his slut wife isn't the only bad guy with the way he's treating his kid. With him moving off to wherever to enjoy his newfound wealth, that's going to leave Hailey either without her mother or without her father.

I realize that the common move in stories like this is the self-righteous asshole leaving the child motherless while he squirrels the kid off to his new Bat Cave in Paradise Elsewhere where he promptly marries a new hottie who the kid will immediately call mommy and never need therapy, but that's a dick move and characteristic of the more retarded BTB stories.

Keep it grounded in reality - the religion as an excuse with a victim-wannabe spouse is a nice and incredibly realistic hook. Don't let your story cave in over a need to feed the BTBtards. He's already won this fight.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
Are you cheating wife Anon?

@ Anon Did we read same story?

In the most countries in the Western Culture the mother gets the custody, if the children are below 4 years.

1. The husband helped his soon to be divorced wife. He and his friend organized the IT campaing so the wife seema to be victime of a sexual harrasment. She will get much money.

2. Nobody is mandatory to live with a slut wife in the Westen Culture.The divorce is free in Ireland too.................

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Author could have done better getting the fact straight

Wife cannot be that dumb.what he had on edited tape ,will put the firm under.one of the employees will put it on utube,since he sent out to thousands of people in the co.i am sure once it went viril there would be a lot of prosecutions, so how did he settle for such a small sum. With his lawyer by his side he knew this case was worth mega bucks. That wife can't be that dumb it doesn't fit her history..so this story could have been good if the author did not rush the ending.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
"The Executive Privilege" from Keat

There are a serial story on LW. The story is SciFi & Fantasy, but the Author published on LW. "The Executive Privilege" from Keat dealt with similar company background and this story shows why "The Executive Privilege" is SciFi & Fantasy story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I again have no clue

why an author is dedicated to write about people with an IQ of 40 (funny they can even work in a company, wonder what kind of company that is though) and think anything they do is anykind of erotic or thrilling.

just plain stupid shit and reading and writing this is not worth the effort.

illjoyilljoyover 10 years ago
Hope this isnt

The last chapter

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 10 years ago
mike Please can you do us us a favor?

and fucking Kill your self ? Please?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Ignore Harry, he was sucking on a tooth pick, the realized it was his cock.

Great story, fuck the haters like Harry. He's having sex with his sister pet monkey.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
always remember, dead people tell no lies

help clean the gene pool kill all the group, women and men

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
I do not understend some commenter fellows

@ bobby9909 i do not understand some commenters, like you are. There are a lot people who do not understand the background of revenge (BTB) stories. You would like to read such stories, where the husbands are serial cheaters (+ violance, drug, alcohol, gambling abusers) and the wives do 1 (one) short time affair and you would like to this serial cheater (+drug or violance...abuser) husband characters do super revenge against the once mistake making wife and her one time lover??????????

A little explanation: To do revenge against the cheating wives and their lover boys is etical, (once more) ETICAL ONLY BY FAITHFUL HUSBANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the FOUNDATION of the revenge stories.

The sociological background of the revenge stories is the next: 60 years ago the cc. 25% of the wives had minimum 1 extramarital affair in all life time, the extramarital affairs data were 60% of husbands that time (prostitutes...). This time the husbands' data are 60% and the wives' data are 55%. 60 years ago a faithful average husband lived a with faithful wife about 90% likelihood. Now this likelihood is about 60%..............

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Joker, Penguin, Lex Luther, Arthur

Why do villains have to be SO extreme? I find 'bad' people to be scarier when they are generally OK, or even good, except for a few terrible aspects! Maybe Arthur could have a somewhat larger-than-average pecker length and girth, rather than gargantuan, but wield it very well, and still get Sweetie to derail...maybe even with subtle Hubby put-downs at first, rather than ultimata!

Essentially, that is why I scored this fine tale 4* rather than any higher! BTW - Sweetie was WAY too unconscious in many parts of the story. Hubby comes across as too perceptive to be content with a dumb-ass with nothing but a golden pussy!

bobby9909bobby9909over 10 years ago
Understanding

@duna - I think I am speaking for a lot of us duna when I say we don't understand you... I know English is not your first language. I have no idea what you were trying to communicate with your last post. I've read it a dozen times and it still makes no sense to me. But let me clarify my previous post:

mountain mike = good writing

mountain mike = I would like to read more from mountainmike

SS06 = really good writing

SS06 = same basic character profiles in every story

SS06 = I would like to see him use different character profiles

tnoldguytnoldguyover 10 years ago
Not sure

If you're writing a third chapter. This could be finished just like it is. If you do I think it would be a hoot if Michael sued Evelyn for Alienation of Affection and Marital interference and made her and Ben paupers in their retirement.

Now - to your writing. I found the character development very good. Rhoda nd Michael seem like the quintessential couple who have only had each other as partners and are happily married. Easy to see the love and affection before Evelyn.

The emotional impact of Rhoda's cheating is well described and you made the anger and despair Michael was feeling palpable and real. I would like to have seen a greater revenge on Arthur and friends, but perhaps that will be covered in a third chapter. Perhaps jail time (Rape by coercion?) and impoverishment from a lawsuit by Michael. Of course the same for all of his buddies.

Great Job!

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Understanding

duna is not possible unless you are a syphilis-ridden albanian goat-fucker. he and his merry little band of closet-cuckolds spend all their waking hours reading and commenting on hot-wife stories because no real-life woman would ever have anything to do with any of them. even female goats won't do duna, he has to sodomize the males....

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
Once More: The principle rule of the revenge stories

@ bobby9909 I try to explain my comment better.

1. I do not understand a lot of commenters like you. What is the problem with the FAITHFUL, not alcoholic abuser, not violance abuser (not wife beater), not drug abuser, not dumb, not gambling abuser, NOT PORN ADDICT CUCKOLD husband CHARACTERS IN the REVENGE (BTB) stories??????

Do you (similar commenters as you are) want serial cheater, violance (wife beater), alcoholic, drug abuser, gambling abuser husband characters in revenge (BTB) stories????? Would you like to read such stories, where serial cheater violance wife beater (disguesting) husband characters do revenge against wives who do only one (1) extramarital sex in their life??????? Do you want such revenge stories???????

Once more: THE REVENGE STORIES HAVE A COMMON RULE, THAT THE HUSBAND CHARACTERS MUST BE FAITHFUL AND NO WIFE BEATER VIOLANCE HUSBAND.

2. This husband character picture in the revenge (BTB) stories has sociological background today. The sociological survays show a changed life situation to the life 60 years ago. 60 years ago 25% of the wives were minimum 1 extramarital affair in lifetime, now this data are 55%. The minimum one (1) extramarital affair at husbands were 60% 60 years ago and same now (prostitute usage is cheating too). The 5% different can mean that, in some city the cheating statistical data of wives could be higher to the husbands...........So the good faithful husbands can live with cheating wives with higher likelyhood now than 60 (sixty) years ago!!!!!!!!!

3. Etical background. To do revenge against a cheating wife only a good (faithful, no wife beating, etc..) husband character has ETICAL BACKGROUND in a revenge (BTB) story. SO THE GOOD HUSBAND CHARACTER IS A CENTRAL RULE OF A REVENGE (BTB) STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The good husband (and father) characters are a genre rule, the principle rule of the revenge stories.

BTW I can recommend a no too good ex alcohol abuser husband character revenge story from fawguy88 the "Consequencies"...................

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
You say it's not realistic?

As compared to everything else on this site? Is 'realistic' really why you're here?

bobby9909bobby9909over 10 years ago
My apologies to MountainMike...

I'm really sorry I responded to duna... I have no idea HOW he got all that diatribe he just spouted out of my comments. At first I thought it was the language barrier but now I'm not so sure...

You could have no better role model than SS06 as far as style and descriptive ability. The man can tell a story!! I apologize to you - and to all the readers here - for using your comment section to deliver my opinion that he uses the same basic characters to the point of monotony.

Anyway, once again, I truly enjoyed your work and look forward to reading more from you. Thank you for your efforts.

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
This story stunk; there is no amount of plausibility.

I truly felt a firm repulsion of the flow of plausibility or lack there of. The characters were well presented but the scenarios were completely unrealistic. A cuckold fantasy perhaps, but it was quite repulsive on numerous issues. For example, why would a promotion be accepted and then later on under full realization attend a celebration party????? No logic no plausibility! Elena and her husband should've been off limits to any home events or personal conversation whatsoever. The author was making points but crossed too many lines in his assent. This story seemed to have too many undertones, in purporting an alternative lifestyle fantasy in cuckolding behavior and hit wife worship. If a woman is so full of themselves in marrying a man they don't love and respect, they are in serious ethical violation of fulfillment in, heir own happiness. I have seen this behavior first hand and I chalk it up to extremely poor morals and definite mental health issues. Under the worst of circumstances, a married couple should communicate their fears and needs and work to support eachother.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 10 years ago
C for effort.

The author tried hard but this story fell apart. And religion was nowhere in evidence beyond a throwaway reference to the bible. Better luck next time and thanks for trying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
More

I'd like to see more of this story but please watch the story line. Michael is getting revenge and has to decide whether he's going to burn the bitch or does she repent and he enslaves her as his slut. The wife he deserved. You can do this. Start thinking heavily and start writing.

bobby9909bobby9909over 10 years ago
It's been 3 months...

Ch. 03?

wanoldmanwanoldmanover 10 years ago
Ch 3, Please

Religion may have been a throw-away, but many people have been duped into traveling down the garden path by clever, unscrupulous con artists who misquote the "Good Book."

Think hard, reread what you have written, and follow whatever type of outline you have set up. ☺

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Didn't think the author meant religion as in New Testament, I thought they meant religion as in people tell you stuff, like how to live your life, what's morally right and wrong and some people make up their own minds and some people swallow the mantra whole.

From the point of view of the husband he believed that he and his wife followed one code and one set of rules - but his wife started shipping false. From the point of view of his wife, she found a new moral code really doesn't have the sense...anyhoo looking too deep, writer either very clever or clever by accident, I'm not, post a Part 3 just for me.

Oh yeah, make sure he takes his daughter with him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
DONE

GOOD STORY, though I really don't see how he could continue to put up with her shit. Doesn't need any more to the story. We all know he went out and had a much better life without the bitch. IF any more were to be added ~ then I would only say that = he packed his young daughte's things and took her with him.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 10 years ago
a lot of good ideas, some bad ones

A review of previous comments will reveal the good and bad elements I referred to. The main thing is the author was fearless and swung from heels , going for home run in his rookie literary debut. Did he succeed ? Well to me, just by giving his best , he did triumph. In terms of my standards? Let's term this story an impressive long sacrifice fly. Very good first time effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Shallow and talentless story by an incompetent.

Earning well deserved 1* !!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Would have liked a little more

4*

But would have liked more follow through into how everything played out in the following year.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
So what happened to Arthur

and his cohorts? Mike and his ex? Evelyn?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
One of the most idiotic stories i ever read!!! MINUS 5*!!!

Only real idiots can write such a crap!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Very well written. I enjoyed the hack attack on Arthur and his crew. I have been hoping for a sequel or another story from Mountainmike. I think it is sad that so many bitter and nasty comments are made by people who have NEVER submitted work. Rather than criticizing others write and submit something yourself

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
the issue is,,,,

The issue is, there certainly wasn't enough money paid to him- and all the other 9 victims. The personal fallout lawsuits of the "friends" would certainly be well over $100 million per person. If done right? He'd clear close to $80ish million with his attorney taking like $30 million on top of that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
marriage is hard

when spouse betray you.its' war. all fair in war. evelyn and all her friends hurt.

GymShortsGymShortsalmost 5 years ago
Very good 5****

Only wish an epilogue would be written, him sticking the fork in Rhonda by getting custody of Hailey. Evelyn turned into a crack whore and turning Cheap Trucks for her next fix. How could a man as intelligent as Michael stand to be married to such an air head. How could he not have sat Ronda down BEFORE she cheated and said NO! NO fucking around or we're done. And all 6 kids (Hailey's to young to count) know exactly why they were divorcing.

And good ole Arthur, Lester, Jamal, Pete and Ron all went a bridge to far, jump the shark or just plain got their comeuppance. Karma is a fickle bitch sometimes...loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I really enjoyed this! *****

I only wish the author had contributed more stories here.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Very good story

Rhoda got what she wanted, but it may not want her any longer. Michael got some revenge on Arthur and his friends, just not nearly enough. He left poor deluded , simple whore Rhoda in very good shape, but hopefully mentally broken and alone. I ,too, an sorry this author didn't write more.

cybojicybojiabout 4 years ago
Thought

This was was going down the cuck rabbit hole. Good recovery. Revenge needs to follow evelyn and ben. And more needs to happen to the future ex. Good story. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
great revenge

great ending i like it. revenge like man great job dude

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
what a shitty crap story...

...the amount of paper the writer spent on showing the husbands cuck and vouyer tendencies show that really the revenge part of is was just to jeep the btb crowd hsppy... in reality mountainmike ( or should i say townbike)... was more into the cuck type...

noyahoonoyahooover 2 years ago
Do write again.

you have a good line. you should write more

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think the story was worth only the last few paragraphs...but then when a closer gay or chuck writer desperately wants to suck cock and get fucked ...but is afraid of society to openly do it...he imagines himself as the female getting fucked and writes accordingly!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just Disgusting......

Total waste of Time

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

a lot of build up in the front of the story.poop in the ending.what happen too all the crooks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story until the last page. Too many ends left not closed up. What happened to the person?

What about his young child.

Still a high 3 stars that is a 4 here but had so much more potential.

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 1 year ago
Ridiculous

Maybe Michael could be a pirate instead. Then he could attack the corporate offices and officers with his cutlass swinging, along with his hearty mates. Heads would really roll then!

Or Michael could an alien shapeshifter, and could switch off being Rhonda, Evelyn, Ben, even Arthur! He could really sow confusion in their ranks! Then switch to being a pirate! Pirates are cool. And hearty!

How about Michael being a secret Ex-Air Force fighter pilot, with his own surplus F-16 Viper! That’s really impressive! He could take out the entire group of miscreants with a couple of CBU-89/B cluster bombs. Another pass with AGM-65 Mavericks and a third pass strafing with his 20mm Vulcan and the President would HAVE to give him the Medal of Honor! Wouldn’t that look nice! What a great fashion accessory!

Of course it’s all stupid. But not a whole lot stupider than the story as it is written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice build up, to fall flat at the end.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Neither religion nor anything else can justify this waste of time and effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Seemed highly implausible that Rho(n)da wad indoctrinated by Evelyn and became a slut queen who worshipped at the temple of cuckholding her husband. As usual the husband was halting, confused, and slow to act in the beginning. But by the time of her ultimatum he knew it was too late and he knew his marriage was over. Some of the revenge stuff seemed much ado about nothing. Complicated but not that devastating. Rhoda is completely delusional. Her use of the Bible to support her actions of adultery, sodomy, lying, and breaking her wedding vows was repetitive and dumb. End was too abrupt. He can confront other men but apparently not his wife until thr very end. And even then was brief. What about Hailey? That is not right that he is just going to disappear from her life. Yes Rhoda ruined their marriage and her and his life, but they do have a child. His running of to San Francisco is cowardly. But hey he was too indecisive for a long time. Heck he coukd have told her about SC job in chapter 1, but he did not. Meh.

AnonymousAnonymous8 days ago

I did not like the ending at all. Did he he have any thoughts about the 7 kids? They will be raised by a naive low confidence and asily duped woman. He heads out after 29 years without a thought of getting her phsychiatric help?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous