All Comments on 'Remembering Becky Ch. 09'

by davidwatts

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Sad ending...but beautiful

Thank you for a very well written tale. Interesting twist with the other lover's name...I was once married to a "Gerry" and didn't see it coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
I had a feeling

I had a feeling this was not going to have a happy ending, but then again life is like that a lot. Thank you for a wonderful ride. I'll read some of the other chapters again from time to time, but not this one, because I was feeling like I knew Becky too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Thanks

Nice touch - depth - detail - words - painting the people, scenes and emotions - great story telling

Well Done - more please - You have an appreciative audience !!

atomicwarpigatomicwarpigover 19 years ago
Dude, this is literature!

An absolutely brilliant, touching, sad, happy, bittersweet ending to the most erotic, supercharged roller coaster ride of a story this reader has ever had the pleasure of reading!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Erotic, uplifting, sad, wonderful

David,

Please continue writing. My wife and I read every chapter together and at the end, both had tears. You know how to arouse and touch and move the emotions. We are looking forward to your next story and you have inspired us to start working on our own. THANK YOU.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
beautiful

Read your Emily story and decided to look at some of your other work. What a wonderful piece of work this series was as well!

saw_man1saw_man1almost 19 years ago
Wow

I am overwhelmed by the impact that this story had on me. I got chocked up reading it and that hasn’t happened to me in a long time. Thank you very much for writing it and sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Super, super great!

FAN - tasticly good!!!

redcar

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
It hurt. A lot.

Reading this final chapter just hurt a great deal. Reminds me of all the important peoplein my life whoare forever gone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

Wow - I just finished reading your Becky series. I sought out more of your stories after reading Frost Heaves and Norman the Cat. Thank you for all of these stories. I have to say that I almost didn't read the last chapter of Remembering Becky. I guess you had made it clear that she and Dave wouldn't end up together and I was afraid she would dump him for Jerry. I was horrified, sad but almost relieved when I read it wasn't a dump - remembering how destroyed Dave was by his divorce. I was stumped right up until the time Dave realized who Jerry was. I am so sorry for Dave's pain, I'm assuming your pain. I am anxious to read more of your work. Again, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

This seems like the real story behind Frost heaves

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
sad

great story but sad ending look forward to reading more like it thanks

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 6 years ago
I was ready for the ending, but it still hurt

The title of the series told me from the beginning that this would have a sad ending, but that didn't make it any easier. After the time Becky tells David that she is bi, I had a strong suspicion that Jerry was a woman and when the retiring woman walks up to him at the end I knew this was her. I thought that Geri might turn out to be younger or more "bi" herself and she and David would hook up, but I guess that would have spoiled the overall feel of this tale. It had to end as it did, but I can fanticize about Becky making a "him or her" decision and going off into the sunset with David. That would have spoiled the story, too. It had to end as it did, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. The writing was worthy of 5*; the impact and feeling was worth 1*. I just can't feel good about David's future; he was a sad man and she gave him life and now she's gone. I can't see him recovering and I can't see myself reading any more of David Wells stories. I don't need sad and depressing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous