All Comments on 'Remembering What It Was Like'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 121 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Nice

Nice story. Not really an LW story. More of a romance.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
You surely

have improved your writing. i like the story. romantic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Nice story

a true old time classic LW story...

but in the real world this sort of shit doesnt happen.

The wife would be screaming or shriking or whining about how he should of asked her first or he spent too Much on THEM and not enough on the daughters wedding....

been there. done that. Got the crappy T-shirt

curioussscuriousssalmost 14 years ago
I disagree

This is a true 'Loving Wives' or, (more accurately) a 'Loving Husband' story.

Well done Slirpuff.

Average_WriterAverage_Writeralmost 14 years ago

Good Romantic LW story slirpuff. Thanks for writing the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Excitement

Truly enjoyed this tale with your creative writing. Wedding certainly can be a headache, thanks for reminding me. Thanks again for sharing.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 14 years ago
Very romantic

Not ridiculously easy or porn star sex. Just two people in love who have to struggle at times to make it through. One of the best things is that his wife ends up REALLY recognizing and appreciating him. The first morning back dropping her robe and taking him back to bed said it very clearly. I love you and I love what you do for me. I think that's more important to most guys in the long run. Hot sex is great but having someone appreciate you and what you do is the glue that holds everything together. It was a wonderful second honeymoon. Nice writing and a refreshing read.

PostScriptorPostScriptoralmost 14 years ago
Slirpuff is full of surprises!

What a pleasant surprise - as others have observed, a story of a 'loving' couple. It's downright inspirational! Maybe I should whisk my bride of 30-plus years off for a romantic tropical holiday... Oops! Too late. Already booked on the cruise for August! HAHA! Thanks for your continued writing, its better and better all the time.

whatever2258whatever2258almost 14 years ago
Great Story

This is what I like to call a feel good story.

Thanks for writing !

lancewmlancewmalmost 14 years ago
Wonderful story... I loved it!

Great to have a story like this in LW. They don't come too often.

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1almost 14 years ago
A little something different-again

Somebody else mentioned this, but it's true. Not only are you getting to be one of the most productive and accomplished writers on this site, you keep throwing curves. I don't mind reading the same basic story over and over again as long as it's well done, and some very good writers have a favorite theme they return to many times. You have your favorites too, but you are doing more different kinds of stories than virtually any other writer around here. Keep them coming. Oh, and this one was damned good.

zed0zed0almost 14 years ago
Now That's Romantic!

"Sigh" Must be nice to have money. I had money (and sex) once. But that was BEFORE I got married! LOL! Great story, I enjoyed the hell out of it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Great and joyful read. Just half a page too long.

Slirpuff has moved into a role of realistic sagacity with his writing. We now realize he has a grasp on the insights, the nous, of an experienced viviente. Born on the far side of the tracks, as his earlier writing exposed, here is an intelligence honing itself on practise, wateres by vast experience of the things he likes to write about. The family unit. In all it's functions, dysfunctions, malfunctions and scrapings of worth, loyalty and happy times. He's learning from the mistake of posting too much too often. This was class. Go and see it. From your correspondent in residence...Har...Mancelt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Total

Total Crap, Bull Shit, Smoking toooo much much weed, cucky boy.

bruce22bruce22almost 14 years ago
Great Romance

You really had me worried there at the beginning with some of the asides and the LW category but when they got back home it was obvious that all was well.... Nice work as always

Orionman17Orionman17almost 14 years ago
They have a marriage that dreams are made of . . .

A feel-good story. I ejoyed it. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Great Story

One can only hope, thanks.

xtremeddxtremeddalmost 14 years ago
Love those happy endings! Great Story Slirpuff.

Excellant charactor developement and it read like you really enjoyed writing it. Thanks for sharing your hard work

best wishes

xtremedd

mcwiiimcwiiialmost 14 years ago
Flat Brilliant !!

Making time for each other is the key to a happy marriage. Great story

Ducky7Ducky7almost 14 years ago
And some times you just need happy endings.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Damn....

It was great!!!

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 14 years ago
Well done

A very well written story and a great story line. Happy endings are always nice to read.

Thanks

size14shoesize14shoealmost 14 years ago
Ditto to all the good comments, plus...

the acknowledgement that the actions of the husband were transformative in his life. IOW his deeds transformed something in his life. Not only did he have a great second honeymoon but also he created an even greater life for him and his wife -- transformed it if you will -- from ordinary to extraordinary.. If that's not enough, he gave some guidance to his future son-in-law. (Most of us want our inlaws to be just like us.)

As one idiotic commenter said this isn't how it happens in real life. Duh! This is how we all wish it could be. And for those of us with the means to do so, it encourages us to take that cruise or romantic trip -- that the tropical island was not the only way to make it happen.

I love the way you, not in thes story but in many of your other stories, let the characters be human, make mistakes and recover without one spouse trashing the other's life in the process. Nothing wrong with feeling good after reading a story in LW instead of sick to your stomach and a heavy heart wondering how one human being could be so cruel to another that he professes to have loved for 20 or 30 years. And the reason? She had sex with another man.

Phil

mike2710mike2710almost 14 years ago
Thank You

A very good story and what we all wish could be our life with our wife.

Thanks for the entertainment. Mike from Texas

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
A sweet sweet story.

Pure romance.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 14 years ago
Who knows how the fuck it happens in real life....

....in all ways no doubt and hey he was forkin' out the big bucks so he'd definitely upped his odds. Really liked how you dealt with the wedding planning and pricing slirp dog, (or maybe the guy was just worried about his own h-moon costs, three to an aisle seats in first class?- had to be Delta.) It also rang true the feeling about pictures and their life expectancy. With digital, they'll be erased before the people get home. Can you describe the difference between "heartbroken" and "devastated"?

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 14 years ago
A beautiful story.

I really enjoyed this little tale of true love and romance. Here, in the real world, we should be so lucky to have a life like that. Thanks for your story.

CountryCoupleCountryCouplealmost 14 years ago
Got the name of that website that he found the place on..? *S

After reading this..time to start planning !!!

Loved this story !!!

OldStormyOldStormyalmost 14 years ago
Great little story

Your writing gets better and better. You have the ability to attack a story from very many different perspectives. I thought I could see where this one was going but you 'tricked' me completely. A very good read that promotes some very wishful thinking. Don't stop writing!

sexmatesexmatealmost 14 years ago
What a beautiful Tale!

Loved the read! It was and enjoyable romance between a loving husband and wife!

Where do I find this resort?

Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Boring

I'm a bit mystified as to why your stories like this are so well received in the "loving wives" forum. To me, this was a very slow, boring read with no "pay off". This would have been okay under "non-erotic" or "romantic", but was very disappointing here. In the future, if you feel compelled to post this kind of crap here, please start the story with a warning statement, e.g., "Warning. This is a slow-moving, boring story in which nothing interesting happens." Peace.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
To" Boring"

Not everyone on here is a pervert who wants to read L.W. stories about sluts, wimps, cockolds, gangbangs, and black babies. We like stories about real life once in a while, and if you and your wife, if you have one, don't have passion, love and sex in your marriage, than shame on you. Loved the story myself, Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
not great

this was ok, but didnt belong in LW

northlandernorthlanderalmost 14 years ago
A really good story

SP, Thanks for a story about real life, and a couple who care fort each other. Sure the fire goes down, but if you work at it it can be brought way back up again

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754over 13 years ago
Wow, this one was Great!!

This is how a man and wife are supposed to be. I loved this little tale.

Your writing has improved tremendously. The characters were consistant and believable. Great job!!!

Scorpio44aScorpio44aover 13 years ago
Brilliant!!

The money he didn't spend on their daughter's wedding he spent on solidifying theirs! If I still had a daughter to marry off, I'd follow this example. Well done! Nicely written and fun to read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Not enough stars to properly rate this one.

'Nough said.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great Story

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

bigguy323bigguy323over 13 years ago
As always a very well written story. However, it SHOULD be in the Romance section.

I did like it. Good work....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
No adultery, no revenge...... just LOVE

Man, I'm not usually one for romance or feel good stories but, damn it, I absolutely loved this story. Jean is the type of woman any man would be proud to call his own. - lonewolf3307

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
At last, a real loving wife story......

No cheating, swapping, fantasy play, ....just a man and his wife in real life.

Thanks.

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
Very nice!

What a wonderful change of pace. Thanks Slirpuff!!

roscovichroscovichalmost 13 years ago
Feebleminded,disconnected, boring !

It feels like it have been written while drunk or on drugs. It's a shame,but this is by far the worst that this writer ever produced !

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
I gave it 1* because

I wanted to read about the sexy young couple, not about gross old folks.

saratusaratualmost 13 years ago
VERY NICE!

This is a very well done story by the great author I have read before.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Dwornok and the other dickhead

you will age eventually and realise how special love can be

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Dwornock - What an idiot.

Dwornock - The title would have given any intelligent person a hint that the character was not a teenager, and if that didn't work then the first line would. Just pass the story by instead of voting it down just because it doesn't fit with your peadophilic tendencies. Some, if not most, of the best fictional characters ever conceived are over the age of twentyfive, should they all be slighted? You're an idiot! Why don't you just go to 'Mature' where you can complain about every story!

BetterEndingBetterEndingalmost 12 years ago
Fantastic!

Enough said.

Thanks!

OldHidekiOldHidekialmost 12 years ago
Wow, a loving wifes story that has a loving wife in it.

Enjoyed it. Thank You.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Wonderful

It's nice to read about a loving couple who are happy. It's so rare these days.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Thank you

This story reminds us that some relationships ARE wonderful. Not perfect, just good. I envy the couple.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Loved it

A wonderful tale of love.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 11 years ago
WOW!!!! Absolutely fantastic

5* only because I can't give you 10.

Now this is a LOVING WIVES story. My wife an I had already been divorced for several years before I walked our daughter down the aisle; I would much rather this story had been ours.

Thanks for a great read.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 11 years ago
Finally! A real Loving Wife in Loving Wives!!!

With all the tales of cheating, revenge, cuckolding, and other shit, a REAL FEEL GOOD TALE is just what the Doctor ordered! This one made me smile. Thank you, Slirpuff!

I wish I could have given this one more Stars than just 5, but I had to settle for that. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
It is the work you do

that keeps a marriage healthy and viable down through the years. What is so great about this story is the realization that the work was worth it. Sure, their marriage wasn't perfect, but in a sense it didn't need to be. As long as they have each other, nothing else really matters. Well done Slirp! An easy 5 stars! Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
5* tearjerker

and about the best wedding advice a man could take. My bride and I will hit 37 years together in August and our daughter is getting married next March. This one hit home.

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
You have the power story about love family marriage and companionship.

This story was well orchestrated and entertaining. The emotion was enthralling. I think the characters were well thought out with scenes flowing extremely well paced. Respecting the humanity of the characters was a priority for this author and deserved a 5* rating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Too Perfect

As in tense. Like so many on this site you seem to be in love with the past perfect tense.

"if you wouldn't have been so cheap ... " "she wouldn't have had to worry ..."

The proper tense in these situations is the present tense. "if you weren't so cheap ..." "she wouldn't have to worry ..."

I don't understand this love affair with the past perfect tense, but any half-way decent editor can help you with this.

rjordanrjordanover 10 years ago
Very nice

I thought I'd read all your stories. It was great to find one I missed. Especially one so full of past perfect tense. If I wouldn't have looked in the archives, I wouldn't have seen this one.

Great storyteller.

Pulsifer42Pulsifer42about 10 years ago
God.....don't I wish

Thank you for a wonderful but all too brief respite from reality. Ahhhhh.....but what could have.... ........might have been. :-(

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 10 years ago
Enjoyable story...

I was pleasantly surprised that things didn't go downhill for them when they so easily could have...

Interesting to think that he might have spent more on the two sets of trips combined than he was willing to pay for his daughter's wedding... but considering it may have saved his marriage, he effectively got two marriages for the price...

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
WELL DO YOU REMEMBER

since your so much older than I. TK U MLJ LV NV

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Very Nice!

From his introduction I thought we were going to be reading about the fade-out of a marriage.

I was very pleasantly surprised.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I'll be darn

You can write an upbeat story that comes out nice at the end, way to go.

George in Omaha

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Excellent Romantic Story

Realisrtic yet a very nice fantasy. Very well-paced and romantic story.

Pulsifer42Pulsifer42almost 9 years ago
Delightful, pleasant, fulfilling.........

...........change of pace from the overabundance of tension and stress stories which seem to abound at this domain. Will save this for rereading during dark times.

Thanks.........

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Minor Point

She would have had at least a GENERAL idea of where they were going by the signage at the gate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Geez was that a lot of syrup.

For a porn story this was something.........else.

gara5289gara5289over 8 years ago

Nice story just not sure why it was a LW.

SelqSelqalmost 8 years ago
Excellent

It is in LW, because it is about a loving couple.

I understand your thinking, I have read LW for years and have become a bit used to LW being used in an ironic way.

But, sometimes it's nice to read about LW in its true meaning.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Brought a tear to my eye

Very nice.

PEATBOGPEATBOGabout 7 years ago
YES.......

Not the usual LW tale but a great, truly great, story in what I think of as "Loving Wives". Yes Slirpuff keep up the great work!

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 6 years ago
I find it funny

that a story about a real loving wife is questioned in something called loving wives

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Good story

Like the good guys to win sometimes

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wow!

A real WOW story. Real cute and very well laid out. Could do with a bit of editing but still doesn't detract from the story. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Truly excellent

I've read a lot of stories by Slirpuff recently and this one is my favorite by far. I was worried at first that this was going to devolve into a story about two people who let their marriage grow cold and got the exact reverse. Steve is a true romantic genius and it made me very happy when, in the end, Jean had finally dropped her reservations and ideas of being a staid married woman and embraced the romance. More couples need to do this kind of thing and it was fortunate they had the financial wherewithal to pull it off. Keeping a relationship loving and vital requires work but it's very much worth it.

Wonderful story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Truly beautiful

This story and like some of your other fantastic pieces of work I have tip my hat to you and say yet again you start it off like what the hell then your passionate side kicks in and turns this ugly duckling to a swan type of story aka starts off dull then you turn it into the most perfect story now I would love to know why you have stopped writing with these sort of stories you should be proud of yourself and keep writing these fantastic stories I really do hope that you take notice and start writing again because it would be a crying shame for such amazing writer just to stop like this I really don’t think you know how much of a amazing writer you are if you can’t see it let these fans tell you

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Excellent

Great story all the way around.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 4 years ago
Just... lovely.

Always nice to read a genuine loving wife story.

Thank you for that one, author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Ending

With what Jean said at the end,why are they barely getting along as the beginning stated?.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 4 years ago
Awesome!

Beautiful, sweet and poignant! Romantic and loving. Just the way it should be!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Now that is a loving wife story!

These idiots like KarenWoods and SwingerJoe believe that this category is about cheating wives - NOT! Cheating wives always get divorced so they no longer meet the wife definition. Instead they are just SLUTS!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Loved it

One of the actual loving wives stories in this category. I honestly kept waiting for the shoe to drop but was pleasantly surprised that it didnt. Thank you and I hope you write more of these types of loving wives stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I Would Have Given This

5 *****'s if it had been posted in Sci-Fy & Fantasy! Flew Delta first class to Miami for a cruise once, they were first rate. This is how to write a romance story. Signed: BTW

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Glad

Glad they are happy with one another,but I don't think she deserved the island get away.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Nitpic's brain dead comment aside, outstanding!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yessssssssssss

A Real Loving couple story, no cucks no hotwives, just 1 couple exploring themselves....love it....3rd time I have given 5*s ever on this site.

Well done.

Fantastic

JJ

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Im shocked, it was a good story and, I hate to say it, I expect it to turn into an island cucktail (get it cocktail, cucktail?) What not even a chuckle? Youre one tough crowd.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

A real true Loving Wife story in the Loving Wives section...bravo

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I kind of shocked that I missed this my first go around. If I could still have favorites this would be there. Absolutely astonishingly beautiful. It's a reminder that marriage requires work no matter how long you have been married. My husband will thank you in the morning. He never has to ask but I haven't been aggressive in far too long. Thanks Slirpuff.

-starsong1977

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

If more couples thought about it, something to revitalize a marriage about the time empty nest syndrome begins and in this case to thank the wife and let her relax after all her work. A very good story, 5 stars.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Just about a perfect Loving Wives story. Great!

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikeralmost 2 years ago

An OK read, but I like LW yarns to be gut wrenching and full of cheating, lies, deceit, skulduggery with some erotic action thrown in. This reads like a Mills and Boon love story, so 3 stars.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikeralmost 2 years ago

My comment below criticised Slirpuff’s story for reading like a Mills & Boon romance (sorry Slirpuff). After all, ‘Loving Wives’ in Literotica is an oxymoron. So it was frustrating for me to plod through this yarn expecting cheating, lies, debauchery and other sordid shenanigans when there was none. If I had wanted to read a ‘happy ever after’ wedding yarn then I would have gone to the Romance section of Literotica or borrowed a Barbara Cartland novel from Grandma.

*

A wedding offers so much scope for sordid human behaviour. So here are two scenarios which would spice up any wedding yarn, and both actually happened in real life.

*

In the first scenario the ‘best man’ delivered his wedding ‘gift’ to the bride - a thorough fucking - shortly before the nuptials. Nine months later the bride gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. The groom was thrilled, but was completely clueless as to his cuckold status. The baby girl only discovered her true paternity many years later after all three ‘parents’ were dead and she had a family of her own.

*

The second scenario happened many years ago when I worked for a large engineering company. One of the directors had a 22-year-old daughter who was engaged to a young engineer at the company. The wedding was huge, with an enormous budget, and planned with military precision. The ceremony went well and the ‘happy couple’ departed on an exotic honeymoon in the Seychelles. Two weeks later they returned to announce their divorce, then the bride eloped with a 35-year-old married father of 3 who also worked for her father. The affair had bubbled away for a year but the bride didn’t have the courage to cancel the wedding preparations which had become an unstoppable circus. I will never forget the scandal and humiliation resulting from that wedding and I often wonder what happened to the ‘bride’ and her lover.

*

Anyway, I’m sure that there are lots of other sordid wedding scenarios to spice up any wedding yarn in Literotica ‘Loving Wives’ which will keep me reading for years. Maybe I should write one? Watch this space!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

One of the best romances/living wife stories. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

GREAT, LOVING, ROMANTIC, AND VERY ENJOYABLR READ!!!

Thank you

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 1 year ago

Wow…so, so, so good of a story! An excellently written story.thank-you so much!!!

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 1 year ago

Enjoyed this lovely tale, especially the second half. Thanks for your writing.

ErotFanErotFanover 1 year ago

It should have been in Romance.

Hornydevil47Hornydevil47over 1 year ago

What a lovely story. I am happy re _reading all of your stories. Always disappointed with some of the comments. Why on earth do some people have to complain, like the idiot below, that a story is in the wrong category. It is a free story site that the authors give a lot of their time for us. Have the decency to congratulate them for their work and stop nitpicking. Thank you so much this story in particular.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous