All Comments on 'Remembering You Ch. 02'

by twinky90

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Argh!!

Just when I think I have it figured out you change it on me! I thought for certain that Cody was John's partner before the accident and he's just waiting for John to remember him in his own time but now that seems unlikely. And as much as I'm intrigued by Alex I have a sinking suspicion that whatever that picture was of isn't good news for John :S Please right more soon!! Lovin this story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
More

Enough said.. Lovin it!

VampWriterVampWriterabout 12 years ago
Going Berserk!

Help us out here and write more. When I realized that I had come to the end of this chapter, I choked.

secretsidessecretsidesabout 12 years ago
picture frame??

Loving this tale Thinking the picture frame holds a massive clue...

keep it coming :o)

AkshunLoveAkshunLoveabout 12 years ago
I definitely like your writing style…

I'm just not sure yet about the plot. It seems as though things fell apart pretty quickly between John and Cody, before we'd even gotten used to the idea. I think John's pretty shallow and selfish; i wanted to like him as a character, but he really seems no different from the sterotypical hussy gay boy—eyeing every hot hunk that crosses his path and chasing tail, nothing deep or profound. I thought his treatment of Cody was shitty, asking Cody to separate parts of himself because he doesn't like accepting help he clearly needs—Cody obviously became a nurse because helping people is part of who he is. John gave him no time to adjust or even find a level that worked. He set John up from the goodness of his heart, spending a lot of money in the process, and John just repays him by going out to fuck the first guy he sees? Bad form. I'm kind of hoping John gets an STD and later finds out he's a 'straight' guy married with two kids he's obliged to take care of, just because it's starting to look like that's what he deserves. I may be in the minority here with the unpopular opinions but I don't think I'm wrong.

All this said, none of what I've said is a criticism of your writing. You write incredibly well—how else would you be able to provoke me into ranting on and on about the story if it hadn't captured and held my attention? You're structure is good, dialogue great, sex scenes are passionate and hot, your crafting is excellent. Pacing is a little fast but narrative flow is spot on and well done. I only noticed one slip in consistency when Cody mentioned he was going out to celebrate his sister's engagement and then later said she was married with kids, I think? Vocabulary is good and so is your grammar, which I personally applaud you loudly for ;) i just question your creative choices but I'm willing to reserve judgement because you may have some grand plan that ends up making me eat my words :)

So, all up? In the spirit of constructive feedback and not random slagging with zero consideration, fantastic writing but I'm not happy with the direction the story is taking. I hope that's ok :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

Why do I get the feeling that John is going down a path of torment and bad luck to get spit out on the other end and wishing he'd stayed with Cody who then won't take him back? I feel that Cody was too quick to judge, too early to admit to loving John after all he's been through, and that if he'd kept his feelings to himself they might have worked it out. You would think being a trauma nurse Cody would know better. Funny too how the nice, safe-acting volleyball-playing Alex turned into such a predator, obviously to get back at Chad. Ouch!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Wow

That was quite a change in John's personality. He went from being a nice, sympathetic character to someone I actually hate in no time at all. It was a bit too much of a 180 in such a short period of time. I agree with AkshunLove's comment. Good writing. But to have absolutely no gratitude when he would be in a homeless shelter without Cody and to break his heart and then sleep with another guy the same day! It's too much dickishness for me. I'm not sure you can redeem him in my eyes. But I'm sure I'll keep reading just to see if you can.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
in John's defence

Let me star by saying that I agree that the characer of John is a grade A douche bag. BUT! I kinda get where he's coming from. He doesn't want to be loved he wants to know who the fuck he isand at the same time he's too scared to find out. Let's break this down into parts. Exibit A: amnisia, ok so I wake up and I have no clue who I am, where I'm from if I have family, etc. The first thing I want to do is fall in love with someone I just met? Ahhh, a hell no! What can I give that person? What if I end up hurting them? Yes John needs Cody more than he's willing to admit but he doesn't want to need him.

Exibit B: the male psyche, a man wants to feel like a man not an invilid. (There are some exceptions to that but John fits into none of those catagories) we get a glimpse of his dominant nature in part one when his goal to get better is to fuck Cody three ways from Sunday and all of us were like 'omg that is so hot' but now that we see it for what it really is we're all like 'what an asshole!' But honestly he didn't do a 180 it was just that in the vbegining it was less pronounced.

Exibit C: sex drive, for all intents and puposes the man hasn't had his dick in anything for a good few months other than Cody's mouth. How did you start your road to discorvery because for me it was fucking every red hot male that waved his dick in my face and he is torn up about Cody as evidenced by his willingness to submit to Alex. He wants to be fucked, not loved. Maybe he feels like he doesn't deserve a kindness. Maybe deep down he knows in his past life he was a fuck up? Idk those are just speculations on my part.

All in all I think that John deserves everything that he gets and its stories like these thatt make me cringe and do the 'eyes behind the hand peep at the bloody masicure.' I will be back for more I want to know what happens. I just hope John comes to his senses soon because he is fucking up pretty bad but honestly I think Cody is a lil creepy lusting after a half dead guy for two months and then throwing out 'i love you' like its a hot bag of bricks he can't hold onto any longer. I mean Jesus the guy just got out of a coma and has zap diddle's idea of who he is and you think to yourself I'm gonna declaire my love and like HEA bullshit! You'd run too! That said I don't doubt Cody's love but God chill the fuck out dude. I hope that he's big on forgiveness though actually the sick dark side of me hope he's not. That part of me wants Cody to smash Johns heart to the point he commits suicide the self richious bastard! Anyway *squeals* love this story ready for more!

Shire

dinkybootsdinkybootsalmost 12 years ago

i see anon cant spell.? comment next to this.? dumb dick.? story was a little better than the first.? any more coming to follow this ...let me know so i can avoid it.?

avidreadravidreadrover 11 years ago

I can totally see where John is coming from. He has no idea who he is or what kind of person he is. No one came forward to ID him so it's like he just came into existence as an adult. He is terrified of the future and is also scared he'll become too dependent on Cody. It is hard to have a relationship when you're so lost. Having Cody come on so strong was just too much too soon for him. He needs to learn who he is first. I really wish this story would continue because I can see John's memory returning and him getting back with Cody eventually, but who knows.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
great story waiting for more

More more more loved it

avidreadravidreadrover 11 years ago

Poor little orphan story. I would love to see this finished.

PeachyWifePeachyWifeover 10 years ago
Oh Come On!

This story was going so well! Please finish it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
this is it?!

Really like come on I want more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What a dick!

Seriously

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Noooooooooo

Now I'll never know what happened!!

Calico75Calico753 months ago

So sad this was never finished. It was a great start.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous