Riches

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'Listen she's a slut who brought shame to my family …'

'Please don't call her a slut,' I interrupted angrily. 'Get out before I kick you out.'

'This is not over Daniel, you'll be hearing from my lawyer.' And with that he walked out of the office. I called Sam who by this time had got a job at a local art gallery as a restorer and told her of our little encounter with her dad. She was pissed and I'm pretty sure she called her grandma because when I got home that evening she was there.

'I understand my son paid you a visit? Don't worry because this time I'm not going to let him destroy the only good thing to come out of this wrenched family.'

'But we can't afford a lawyer to fight him,' I tried to pitch in.

'Let me worry about that okay. This time he's gone too far.' She was getting angry and rightly so. We talked late into the night, and as I was escorting her to her car she told me to call her the next day because she had something very important to discuss. So the next day I called and suggested we meet for lunch. Her health of late had been taking a toll on her so the doctor had advised her to take it easy.

'When are you getting married to my Sammy?' she opened even before I could sit down. Of course this took me by surprise.

'What?'

'You heard me, so when can I expect an invitation because I'm dying and I would love to see her get married.'

'Well, I was hoping to do it on her birthday next month but then your son came along and now I don't know …'

'Ah don't worry about him. Do you have a ring yet?'

'No yet I'm still shopping.'

'Here,' she said and slipped off two of her rings, 'take this they've been in my family for a few generations and I don't know of a better person who deserves them more.'

'But this is …'

'Listen dear, Sammy is happier than I've ever seen her and it's all thanks to you, besides it's the least I can do.' By now I was crying and we hugged. 'Don't wait too long okay; I want to still be able to walk by the time she walks down the isle.' I was late for work but my boss understood. I decided not to wait and made up my mind to propose to her that night. I bought some flowers and was greeted at the door by Lilly who had started walking a few weeks back. She was still a bit unsteady but she could hold her own and she loved to be picked up.

Sam figured I'd had a good day because I was in good mood which was more than I could say for her because she knew better than anybody what her dad was capable of. But Rose had offered her help and we weren't going to turn that down. Dinner was the usual chaotic event with Lilly playing her food but after clearing up and helping Sam wash the dishes, I really started getting nervous because I realized I hadn't really thought this through.

'Honey sit,' I asked her while leading her to the sofa. 'After my divorce I vowed not to get married again, and then you came along and changed all that. I guess you showed me that life was about chances and you gave me a second chance. Honey I love you, will you do me the honor of being my wife?' I held my breath as she broke down and started crying, after a while I started getting worried because she still hadn't answered me. Then she looked up and just shook her head to indicate yes and we hugged.

Lilly trotted to where we were and I picked her up. She was curious as to why mommy was crying and kept shifting her gaze between me and her mum. Then I remembered the ring, so I handed her to Sam and went down on one knee. I know it was a bit late for that now but I wanted to do it proper. So I took her left hand and slipped the ring, she recognized it immediately.

'My grandma gave you this did she put you up to this?' she asked with a mock pout.

'No I've been thinking about this for a while and well let's just say she saved me the hassle of having to shop for a ring.'

'I love you.'

'And I love you more along with this little cutie that has to be in bed in the next ten minutes so that mommy and daddy can celebrate.' That night we made slow love until the wee hours of the morning and I actually had to call in sick at work because my groin hurt so much. Betty was ecstatic when we told her and offered to be the maid of honor. After what we'd both been through, we opted for a simple ceremony to be held at our back yard. But since it wasn't big enough Betty offered to tear down the fence between our properties which doubled the space we needed.

**************

Epilogue

It's been five years now and we were able to give Lilly to brothers to play with. Sadly Nana Rose died a year after our wedding but in her last will she expressed her happiness that she was able to see her favorite grandkid get married. She also left us a substantial amount of money which allowed us to buy a bigger house across the street and to say Betty was delighted would be an understatement. Quite frankly we had grown accustomed to her hanging around our place and the kids loved her. I guess being rich isn't always about money.