All Comments on 'Richest Man in the World'

by GetToIt

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Reversed the trope but still...

Nobody as shallow as Becky would make a good partner.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Wow

That is what I call a strange fantasy tale. Pretty original, however.

Five Stars for the impossible

ha

RePhilRePhilover 9 years ago
Nice snapshot story

The narration seems to dominate the story at the expense of depth. A very good story that could have easily supported more evolved character development. You would think giving away that much money would take more than one sentence or paragraph to relate. Thanks for sharing

Concritic123Concritic123over 9 years ago
Not bad....

A good little story.

impo_60impo_60over 9 years ago
A good XMAS story...

This is a good, simple, human Christmas story...MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL WRITER AND READERS OF LW...

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Fascinating light fantasy

No, i would never marry the richest girl in the world. It is a shame that he took so long to cut the Gordian knot.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Blah

Even considering the genre, too unrealistic.

To refuse to get involved with a good man just because he is wealthy is foolish.

I can understand her caution, but once she has determined that he IS a good man, why NOT marry him, and help him use his money for good?

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
A Modern Fairy Tale

KarenE I agree with you that this story was totally unrealistic. However I think you missed the point the author was attempting to reveal to us readers.

When I figure out what the purpose/moral is of this fable, I'll be sure to get back to you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Heart warming, but trite.

There are plenty of good people and successful marriages that also happen to be rich. Who is the rich man? The man who is satisfied with what he has. This is ancient wisdom. Becky wanted a man who understood the difference between having lots of money, and being rich. His five failed marriages indicates he did not understand people, women, wealth, nor marriage. I am glad they are now happy. But wealth did not prevent happiness, and a limited income does not guarantee happiness.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
@fanfare

No, I DO get the point, that there are things in this life that are worth more than riches, etc.

What I DON'T get, is why it was necessary for him to give away his wealth in order to get her to be with him.

As Anonymous 12/23/2014 said, wealth doesn't prevent happiness and a limited income doesn't guarantee happiness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
All's well that ends well. Maybe.

He should have just put the money in an offshore account, just in case.

SpykkeSpykkeover 9 years ago
the correct quote in the bible is

The love of money is the root of all evil

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 9 years ago

I wonder how long it took him to earn a large fortune again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Funny but too far fetched

You'd think the richest man in the world could and would have the best legal eagles in the world looking after him. So a pre-nup would have been necessary every time he got married. Anything else was ridiculous. And how could Becky tell or know how much money he had? He could do a little downsizing, stop actively participating in the making of more money (that's why you hire people to work for you), drive a mid-size SUV himself instead of being driven, dress in less expensive clothing and stay out of the lime light. He could STILL be worth billions and Becky would never know. He could go to work in an office he owned, give himself a minor office and run as many businesses as he liked from a small office. Even if Becky and the kids visited him at the office, they'd never know what was going on. So this whole thing makes no sense. A funny fairy tale but really, really unbelievable.

EddboyEddboyover 8 years ago
just plain

stupid

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 7 years ago
A good one.

Simple, cute, lovely.

We need stories like that too!

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 6 years ago
Just silly to give it all away like that

Just because he was that rich didn't mean had to live that lifestyle. Becky and he could have started a foundation and set about making the world a better place. No guarantee how he gave it away it would really be put to the best use. I get the spirit of the story but I guess having grown up dirt poor and working extra hard to make it, it just seems wasteful to handle it this way. There are many really down to Earth billionaires they don't all act like douches because they are rich and they control their philanthropy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Bullshit

He gave away all that money because of that judgemental cunt. What the fuck? 1*

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Cute

Not a bad little story at all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
RICHEST MAN IN THE WORLD.......

Couldn't afford a decent lawyer who could write simple pre-nup?

Rich people like this guy tend to be pretty smart. Nothing in your tale indicates any intelligence at all.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous