All Comments on 'Ride of the Headless Horseman'

by Acktion

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Please pardon the pun

but this horseman was obviously not completely "headless" ;)

good story

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
wow

that was the most pointless story even, like that storyline sucked nothing was resolved .... just no...

kaat85kaat85over 10 years ago
Hmm...

The story was okay. I felt like it wasn't really finished. I wanted to find out why Isaac disappeared...was he the headless horseman? If it really was a ghost she slept with, might she have gone to the spot she met him to show him his daughter? I don't know. I just feel like we needed more of the questions answered.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
wht happend next

Plz continue next chapter plz

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Duh- of course the headless horseman was Isaac!

Great story- all the hints were there that the headless horseman was Isaac and not a ghost: it's a man who impregnated her, a guy short enough to pull off a headless costume, and also the fact that he didn't wear a costume in public was another hint he had another costume after hours. The headless horseman and Isaac even have the same mannerisms of wanting to say something but don't. This has been my favorite Halloween story so far

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

The story had no ending. If you added another chapter then OK but otherwise it was a real let down..... who is the horseman (yes i know it is heavily hinted but no resolution), what happens next etc

Please Please write more

SecondCircleSecondCircleover 10 years ago
Has my Head Spinning...

And that's not really a bad thing. The plot, story, characters, and writing fit like a warm coat. Free enough to let the mind wander, yet comfortable and natural. The setup and scenario were great. The use of the Horseman was awesome. I think his character is unique, spooky, and eerily mysterious, all elements that were reflected in your story.

The ending was a bit open I agree. A lot was left open, but that's not to say I didn't like it. On the contrary, actually. I suspect the other person that commented about the Horseman's identity is most likely correct, but I kind of enjoyed that mystery. It could have been him, or it could have been a Halloween Haunt. Either way, I feel I liked it. An ending that provides enough clues to point to one ending, but allows enough room for the reader to wonder.... Great Halloween story.

patientleepatientleeover 10 years ago
Ambiguity is fine for me.

I finished the story thinking that Isaac was not the HH. I would think that he would have known that the baby was likely his, and that he would want to be in the baby's life.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAcktion@Acktion
Old enough to know better and young enough to say "what the fuck" and do it anyway. After a brief hiatus due to health concerns, back to try to see if I can learn how to set these combinations of fantasy and memory to print. While some works touch on memory perhaps more than...