Ryan Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Pulling Dani closer, he rubbed her arm and continued.

"He's still in love with her, but he's known for a while that things weren't going to work out. Even when she's home, she's on the phone a lot. Caleb wants a family, maybe not right now, but in a year or two he wanted to at least be married."

Ryan took a deep breath and ran a hand through his hair in frustration.

"She claims to love him as well, but she doesn't seem willing to make any concessions for the relationship and Caleb isn't going to make demands. He said she'd just be resentful later. So, he broke it off with her and told her why."

"That's so sad. Caleb is such a great guy," Dani said.

"Yeah, but sometimes even the good guys lose. I hate to see him hurting like that, but he had to make a tough decision. Family is important to him. Their relationship might have been different if she wasn't in this high powered job, but I don't think it would have been. She is who she is. She made her choice."

"I have no doubt that he'll find the woman that's right for him, but that's not doing him any good right now," Ryan said.

"I guess the rest of the family doesn't know. At least they didn't give any indication that they did," Dani observed.

"No, they don't. Let's leave it to Caleb to tell them when he's ready," Ryan said.

"I agree," Dani said. "I wouldn't dream of saying anything to anyone, not even Crystal."

"He's going to start working on a new book soon; maybe that will take his mind off of Amber. He's known to be very focus when he's researching and writing a novel. I'll still make sure to check in with him regularly. It wouldn't be good for him to lock himself away from people," Ryan said.

"No, it wouldn't," Dani concurred with a yawn.

"Sleepy?" Ryan asked.

"I think I'm more tired than sleepy. I don't seem to be able to handle late nights anymore. But the babies have been very good," she said as she rubbed her belly.

"I've felt a little whispery flutter a couple of times, but the doctor said it will be a while before they actually kick. I bet that will be weird."

"Yeah, that and seeing the babies reposition themselves in your womb," Ryan said.

"Going to the Lamaze classes with you has helped me understand a lot about what happens during birth and what the woman is feeling. I knew the basics, obviously, but I want to be able to help you any way that I can to make it easier. Not freaking when I see the head coming out would be a start, I think."

"You'll do fine."

"We'll do fine," Ryan said.