All Comments on 'Scars'

by SheRemembers

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
rgraham666rgraham666over 17 years ago
I liked it

It's rare to read a story here that involves something as unusual as this.

Not in a fetish way, but as a metaphor for the barriers love faces, and how love gets past them.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Scars

Well, this is a topic you don't see on this website very often, and as a rather heavily scarred man myself, it grabbed my attention immediately! I am impressed with HER tearful reaction to exploring his scars; most writers would have never gotten past the "Ewww its so gross but it somehow turns me on" cliche. That single reaction speaks volumes about HER character, and the relationship between the two characters, better than another 2000-3000 words could have.

One thing, though, that I would like to have heard about is how he got the scars, and how HE feels about them. I know I often feel like damaged goods, and other times I feel like they are my trophies from life's harsh little lessons.

The focus of the story seemed to shift away from the scars once they had been unveiled, which is okay if you are trying to tell us the scars don't matter to Her, to you, or to women in general. In this case, it seems more likely that SHE would make more of an attempt to reassure him things are okay and her desires aren't diminished, but enhanced to include this fault. Would this have been the same story if he were obese instead of scarred? What if his scars were more visible, like his face/neck, hands, etc?

Excellent job. Gonna be watching your stuff from now on. Hope to see more of it soon.

SheRemembersSheRemembersover 17 years agoAuthor
Response to "Anonymous"

Thank you, Anonymous! I wrote this story awhile back. It was for somebody I cared a lot about; too much, most likely, as he was unavailable for several reasons. I never actually saw his scars (the physical ones, anyway), but he told me about them in detail. Told me how ugly he thought they were, and the reactions he'd gotten to them. So, this is the story I wrote about what I thought might happen... if...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous