All Comments on 'Scenes from a Marriage'

by ohio

Sort by:
  • 584 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Is this a new genre? Superb story.

I'm glad it was'nt an extrovert revenge story. This left a deep well of feelings far richer and more complex than that could have done. They came so close to surviving, their love strong but broken, crushed to dirt by her utter stupidity and human fallibility.He tried, she was contrite and the kids...but much as I willed a happy ending it was far too clever a story to pan out sentimentally. Gutting. I'm off to Group Sex (maybe even Fetish) to get over it! Mancelt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
great!

nuff said

dreamcatcher101dreamcatcher101almost 15 years ago
totaly awesome

Sad but true, the story was told without pages and pages of how it used to be..It was right to the point and couldnt have been better written..i loved the comments Risq and Kolkore made on the true dilemma of cheating..I loved the pissing part,it showed Her that She had done the same to Her Husband,Her Family and the Childrens secure home.. as for forgiving dont mean that He had to live with Her..The story told why He could not,ie the sex at the resort..looking into her face knowing that She done the same to another and that the look of love and tenderness was not and has not been for Him exclusively cannot be wiped out of someones mind and heart..Sadly it became another broken Home for the Children,like so many are in these days..As for His moving on well why not?? There was nothing to wait for..As for the Wife crying at the end well thats what you pay for the play...I bet She never thought of that when She stepped out on her marriage..I certainly dont feel sorry for Her , just for the Children..awesome writing Ohio,thanks for the great read..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
that's life

that's life and the way it usally happen without the bullshit.

BallsOfSteelBallsOfSteelover 14 years ago
yep

Cheaters are so fucking stupid when they risk a good home, family and spouse. Cheaters who have nothing good to lose? Another matter, and another story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Superb

It appears as if many of your readers miss the subtle depth of this story. A famous composer once said that music was the spaces between the notes....your story was music with the meaning in the words not used. In its simplicity, was the depth of reality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Outstanding stroy

Like a series of photos. Great stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Perhaps your best, maybe the best on this site

Great slices.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
wounderful

action..reaction- cause...effect - realization

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great story

Short, succinct. Happy ending for husband, kids seem ok. cheater comes to realize what she lost. Best of endings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
One of your best

The real essence of a divorce story distilled down to leave only the pain. Skilfull. Concise. Thanks

theognistheognisover 14 years ago
Exceptional

Superior in a number of ways.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
VERY GOOD

A very touching story. And very realistic. Wouldn't it be nice if PEOPLE, men AND women would think before they head down this path. Almost impossible to put all the pieces back together. THANK YOU

devildog26devildog26about 14 years ago
Extraordinary Story

Just enough information in this story to make it heart breaking. Would be nice to read a follow-on because this was so compelling. Liked it so much I read it more than once.

mwoody2950mwoody2950about 14 years ago
Anatomy of a divorce

Frigging sad man, but accurate.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
What a wonderful story.

What a superb author to create such a insight into human nature. Please more!!

jimmyravinejimmyravinealmost 14 years ago
This is Real Life

This is an incredible snapshot of the real aftermath of cheating. Actually gave me tears. Terrific read. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
sad

everytime i read it. just so sad

jd927jd927almost 14 years ago

I love the story, especially how you have some of the most crucial conversations and events happening during the most mundane of moments: raking the leaves, reading in bed, children unknowingly revealing ex-husband's new woman. Nice job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Another clueless cheating bitch

She could not have her memories because she literally fucked them away with her jocker. She deserves everything that comes to her . . .

ShuriwudShuriwudover 13 years ago
The most realistic....

so far. I've read all your stories in chronological order and to date, this is the most realistic I've read. Amazing job!!!

GrumpyGambyGrumpyGambyover 13 years ago
Excellent writing.

That was a lot of hurt. I scanned through the comments and WOW near universal praise. I find it so sad though, this story should not be realistic at all. Why is such dysfunctional communication accepted as normal? The affair was a deal breaker for him, but he wouldn't admit to it in therapy, wouldn't discuss his pain, wouldn't even talk with his wife. The story doesn't reveal it but I'm guessing it was when she learned of the position restriction is when he finally made it understood he had emotionally checked out and had no plans to come back. And I'm guessing it was the wife who finally stated what he had been thinking all along.

I'm glad he found his happiness, but he won't stay happy. He's too screwed up to keep a relationship connected. But she might, after serious soul searching and facing her guilt, she just might not make the same mistake again and next time she'll give him a warning that her needs aren't being met; give him the opportunity to meet them or send her packing for being too needy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Well done !

Most of the time when somebody tries to write a compressed time segment story it turns out too fragmented and a horrible read , one of the most difficult types to pull off successfully without putting off the reader . I dont like that style but in this case you did a great job of pulling it off ! It wasn't all jumbled up and was just enough information to keep your attention and want to know how it plays out . Excellent .

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
agree

But, The trip with her seemed unnecessary. it all worked out in a good way, esp for ex-wife and her condequences.

norcal62norcal62over 13 years ago
Agree with Grumpy on communication dearth.

I conclude that most Liter. authors have a hard time creating realistic communication between spouses. When we see high ratings of stories they often go to the stories where regardless of the situations the characters relate realistically in communicating with each other. In the stories where reconciliation is stonewalled it seems common to find unrealistic fantasies being played out or fetishes being served. I see Papatoad listed to the right and remember several of his stories with extensive talk between aggrieved partners that made the stories fascinating. Am hoping to find more in LW.

deadsoondeadsoonover 13 years ago
One of the best

Tightly written. Just enough from each scene to enable me to imagine the hurt and the destruction caused by cheating and the efforts taken by both to 'get over it'.

I liked the description of how the 'duck' was being drawn by the little girl ... it made the scene so normal, so real, so true to life. Just as your story captured the emotions and actions of the husband and the wife.

No supermen or women here ... just normal people trying to deal with an event that destroyed trust between them. And leaving two damaged adults to continue life as best as they can.

I like the way you get the message across that trust in a relationship is vital. Such a small word that means so much. Distrust is certainly a killer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Good story the whore got what she deserved

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
A lot of marriages coukd be saved if the about to cheat spouse read this

A very realistic story. Including the pissing on the table. Angry betrayed folks will do crazy dramatic things. I only hope I can have my wits about me to do something as clear and dramatic in a similar moment.

Folks who think cheating is sexy, read this, understand this is really what it's like, and stop thinking creating pain for people who love is sexy.

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 13 years ago
Excellent Story!!

Excellent Story! It was very sad but it probably painted a picture that was closer to reality than many of these stories where there are spectacular depictions of cheating and revenge. The wife is left with the choices that she made for herself and her family. Her mistakes caused everyone a whole lot of pain and she now has to live with it.

Thanks for sharing this cautionary tale!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
THANK YOU!

..... what a perfect description of what "every" cheating wife should go through after they "screw" their loving husbands over. If REVENGE had a name it would be this story! 5+++ OHIO!!!!!!!!!

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
I think you really pegged it with this story.....

It could be a blueprint for the futility of marriage counseling after a partners infidelity. After all, sex is just one part of the equation, its the loss of trust that is the most difficult if not impossible to ever forgive or forget. Great Story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Great

Great story about the price one pays for ones actions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Excellent story

Ohio you are very good. I wonder if you could try a follow on to this one explaining the wife's actions. Many have tried to rationally explain cheating and have failed completely ;may be you may be able to do it.

In any case pls keep writing you are near the top of my list on this site

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Ohio;

Your stories are very good and I find a nice trace of realism in them. Please continue your writing and I'll be waiting to read more of them. R.T.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

I know this is coming a little late but I just saw this story.. I find that if it was the man that cheated everyone that commented will not write as they did if she did the something like he did in the "pissing scene".. i find that most people are always urging women to go back to the man that cheated on her.. to try and forgive him but when it comes to the woman cheating, most ppl are like "screw her" she deserves everything she got..

Why is that?

GualterioGualterioabout 13 years ago
Short and to the point

Most authors submitting under the "Loving Wife" theme, when they do include the counseling aspect, show it to be ultimately successful. It seems to me that this account is much more realistic. How is trust ever to be restored?

Lewy123Lewy123almost 13 years ago
Very well put together

One of the better short stories getting around, was kinda sad really...

FD45FD45almost 13 years ago
Perfect!

It was great, even including that one little bright spot where they tried very hard to make things work on that vacation.

roscovichroscovichalmost 13 years ago
An excellent effort by a Master Wordsman.

This would be one of most difficult style to write without story to appear disconnected. But this Author made it with consummate ease and skill.

One of the best on this site.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Pity that he couldn't forgive.

She only did what most females of all species do; that is, find a good provider and then have sneaky sex to select the best genes for their eggs. For the most part, women that did not cheat when ovoluting given a low risk opportunity with superior males (males with greater bilateral symmetry) are not our ancestors. Even a 1 percent advantage over 1,000 generations (a very short time in evolutionary terms) would be an overwhelming advantage.

It serves no worthwhile purpose to divorce his wife when most likely the next wife will also cheat.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Pity that DWornock couldn't understand

He only did what most males of all species do; that is, to punish any one who disrespect them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
CONCLUSION?

There must be more to this story! What happens later, divorce reconcilliation? I consider any story incomplete until it reaches a stable condition or resolution.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307almost 13 years ago
Nice story but some of the comments are better.

This story was interesting in that it showed the slow disintegration of a marriage. I, having been there, know this is probably the norm as opposed to the spectacular end so often depicted in most stories.

As for DWornock, your convoluted comments about superior genes are way beyond stupid. You must think you're some kind of intellectual but, in the end, you just sound moronic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
dwhorenocker is actually Harryvirgin

really

IrfonIrfonover 12 years ago
Excellent story !!

The non-confrontational way he said;- 'Do you love him?' - just blew me away !

His efforts to overcome the pain,images and etc.,going on holiday & trying to overcome the angst - superbly making his point when taking her from the rear,whilst realising her lover had seen her face in orgasm...

Very good story.

Thank You.

YamiBoyYamiBoyover 12 years ago
^__^

Short, but straight to the point. The whay the story started was superb, and how it ended, realistic. 5 stars!

count2threecount2threeover 12 years ago
Very good.

I think you really well made the point that there are things that you cann not repair, as much as you may want to. Some may say we all make mistakes. That may be true but there is no law of nature that, I know of, that states that mistakes have no consequences or that one should not be punished for making a mistake. Driving wrong way on the highway and killing a family with 3 little Kids may very well be a mistake but do you really think you shouldn't be punished ?

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
HOW MUCH PLANS GO INTO PAIN

is there enough to go around. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
This is a must Read

Ohio, I believe you have caught the essence of the emotion of what occurs between spouses when one cheated. This story is short to the point. This is one fault in this story.... It to dammm short !!!!

five stars.

count2threecount2threeabout 12 years ago
Very good Story, short and to the point.

There are just things that cannot be repaired no matter how much you want to.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Intense

Great story. Short and to the point. Matt the calm husband. Lynn the cheating wife. No I didn't call her the usual names I call cheating wives. She obviously regretted what she did, or should I say obviously regretted being caught at what she did and immediately started making amends to Matt. He was so broken hearted, however, it was only a matter of time till he left and moved on with his life.

Definitely a "How what not to do for a good marriage" tale.

DON"T CHEAT ON YOUR SPOUSE

In the end, everyone suffers.

saratusaratuabout 12 years ago
This was a fine story.

You almost have to loose someone you love in order to fully understand the emotional pain involved in divorce or death. Very well written and a fine story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
betrayed

the cornhole rudely buggered, the fat cock smoked, betrayed!

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Not Really A Story, But Then The Title Says That.

Really touching and compelling slice of life.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 12 years ago
one of the best

can't say i have ever read a "flash" story as good as this. just great - already gave it a 5 - and probably commented about it before too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
that was great,

what can a man realy do about trust when it is gone, keep writin, you are very good writer. I get realy pissed, but you make things more reasonable in my own soul, first I would KILL and that would'nt workout too good so make us see a better road to take....TY...bill

PhotoproffPhotoproffalmost 12 years ago
Who Lost?

The kids are the real losers......as well as the cheater. OR is it everyone?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Powerful imagery

I don't have the words to express my admiration for your work, so all I can do is rate and give you a five.

PultoyPultoyalmost 12 years ago
Masterful

I may have commented on this story before, I don't know, but this is masturful storytelling...enthralling.

Excellent word command, superb emotional depiction. I stand in reverent awe.

5*****from me.

Regards,

-Pultoy

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 12 years ago
not that was more realistic

this was a great story.....5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Admitted cuckold Huecuck

offers a "cuck's eye view" on this story - unfortunately his cuckeye view as an admitted cuck on other ohio stories is less insightful.

PhotoproffPhotoproffalmost 12 years ago
losers?

The problem is the person who sought out the cheater, the predator. ALL of the family members lose.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Reasonable outcome

Often once the pain of infidelity is received and processed there is no going back to a loving life with the adulter. The wife was sad and sorry and well aware of her own emotional reaction if the situation were reversed. What she was never aware of that if she had been her husband she would have acted just as he did. No future for them.

IrfonIrfonalmost 12 years ago

The opening of this story was Electric !!!

Just four words;'' Do you love him? ''

The first story I've read, that depicts the great pain that a Man goes through.

The brilliance of NOT wanting to hear How or Where & etc.,the love affair started.

Too true - why give ease to others whilst suffering MORE yourself ?

Another sad and painful story,that will linger long in the memory.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A great '5 star" effort!

Stupid slut got off easy compared to what she actually deserves-never would have let the slut see the major holiday.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
i will say it again

THE BEST FLASH STORY EVER WRITTEN!

extemporeextemporeover 11 years ago
Shattered

In a very short story, you managed to convey the damage infidelity can cause to

a relationship. There is no dramatic language, no loud yelling and cursing, and still it is one of the most moving (and painful) stories posted on this site.

Five stars

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
The power of parsimony

Short and yet the most powerful I've read. Excellent work.

ythebadgerythebadgerover 11 years ago
Almost unbearably sad.

No winners - both losers. Beautifully written.

javonfontainejavonfontaineover 11 years ago
This story was AWESOME!!

Short. To the POINT. Extremely REALISTIC in actions.

5 stars and favorite story!!!

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
everyone

and i mean everyone shoud read this - the best flash story on the net - and give it five stars. in one page is says it all.

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 11 years ago
ONLY SORROW.

Ythebadger was quite right there were no winners. But he failed to mention the two little people. What she did distroyed their chance to grow up with two loving parents together. They were the real losers!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great read

It would be awsome to read a copanion though to show details

Although I know its a flash story

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Excellent

Now imagine feeling like the husband did after finding out two years after your wife dies.

Damn

PrideInsightPrideInsightabout 11 years ago
FOOD FOR THOUGHT

....I once dropped a dish.....regardless of the events that led to dropping it was shattered all that remains is that knowing it was fragile I should never have dropped it or got myself in a situation where it could happen.....

..."Do you love him?"..is catch 22...damned if you do, damned if you don't....you are history....if you do you're in the wrong bed...if you don't then your love for rates lower than a casual fuck.......not what any "normal" spouse signs up for.....

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

I have said it before but is worth repeating. The best flash story ever written!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Very, very good story...

...the best? I don't know, but it was quite good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Fucking around

If you are going to fuck around on your partner, make sure you love the person you are having the affair with. Because hopefully you are going to need a place to live after your cheating ass is thrown out.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

best flash story on the net!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Having

the kids "tell" part of the story was a very nice touch. There are likely many guys out there who love to get involved with a woman with two small children. NOT!

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
Ms Ohio

wrote a story where the husband wasn't a total wimp. Will wonders never cease?

dickvalkyriedickvalkyriealmost 11 years ago
Unanimously the best story on infidelity

get going Ohio.

SensateSensateover 10 years ago
Excellent story

Probably the best I've read on this site. Very minimalist. Not a single extra word, sentence or paragraph. Leaves just enough to the imagination for the reader to easily fill in the blanks.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Damn

Well what did the cheating whore wife expect? You play you pay. I hate cheaters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great Story

What a powerful story. As one who has been there, the husband's emotions were especially true. Just as you can't un-ring the bell or get the pee out of the pool, you can't un-fuck a cheating spouse.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
5*

Incredible story.

imhaplessimhaplessover 10 years ago
Uncluttered, to the point

Excellent job. 5*

leviayersleviayersover 10 years ago

nothing i've read conveys the emotions better. thanks 5

cpetecpeteover 10 years ago
just did a reread..

and it just gets better, no doubt best flash story on LW

hebert100hebert100over 10 years ago
sad

really sad tale. too bad it is too often repeated. one of the most gripping flash stories I have read

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I have read this countless time.........

And with each read, my emotions pour out for Matt and Lynn and the destruction of their marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
5 Stars a sad story

I hope there is a chapter 2, I would like to know her side. This is one story I would honestly hope the husband or ex comes back and they resume being a family again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
An oddity

I don't know how many fucked up cuck stories there are where the commenters remark on how sex outside the marraige is a good thing. About how supposedly unselfish it is. Even about how it purportedly can help a marraige. But when I read a story like this, there don't seem to be too many comments of that variety. I find myself wondering why some people so vehemently defend a fucked up thing in one place, yet utterly fail to do so in another.

I've got a theory.....

Fucking around on your spouse is about as disrespectful and selfish as one can get. It's the ultimate in greed and an uncaring attitude. The author shows here what the most likely consequences are of such narcissism, and even the cheaters are unable to equivocate or justify stupidity in the face of reality. A well written story that requires no defense because it makes perfect sense, and explicitly shows the tragedy of idiocy.

BDEarthBDEarthover 10 years ago
As real as real gets

A great story, not too deep; but filled with thought provoking emotion.

Well done Buckeye!

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Ditto AngieSophique

Sophisticated Angie said it early, economically and well.

'Loved every word NOT said!' (paraphrase)

Hubby saw no purpose in Why, or When, or How Often, or Bigger & Better, etc.

I suspect Hubby's only TWO questions were to determine if cohabitation would cease immediately or if there was a reason for him to be more deliberate about his relationship with the mother of (his?) children ... maybe just the children he loved and wanted to keep in his life as their Dad (regardless if Father or not!)

Those two questions were, first (and most critical) "Do you love him?" If that were answered "Yes" then no other question was needed. Since it was "No" then the degree of disrespect was probed! Since that was also 'relatively reassuring' then he had a lot of aspects to consider very carefully ... which Ohio took him through very efficiently and adroitly!

Wonderful story, and now a favorite!

(5* of course!)

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Read It Again

The raw emotion is overwhelming. Why does a spouse cheat knowing it could destroy life as they know it? He didn't care about details. He didn't care why. He even tried to go on. Her question? How did he find out? Right out of the cheaters handbook.

A favorite of mine also.

griz375griz375over 10 years ago
This is EXACTLY how it is

Pain like this transcends everything you worked for - every bit of love in you - some of us never recover

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
5 Stars

This is the best, truest depiction of the hurt and raw emotions having an affair inflicts on a relationship I've read on this site. No stereotypes; (the despicable cheater, the vengeful husband, the elaborate revenge scheme). Just an accurate, believable account of what happens to a normal family when one partner becomes horribly selfish. Well done!

chytownchytownabout 10 years ago
Great Read*****

Thanks for sharing.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
AND WHAT DID SHE THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN

oh no but not to her, TK U MLJ LV NV

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous