All Comments on 'Scenes from a Marriage'

by ohio

Sort by:
  • 584 Comments (Page 3)
semofuncpl3semofuncpl3about 10 years ago
So sad, but so true

I agree with the husband, it doesn't matter why or for how long. And even with someone new the hurt still lingers.

rightbankrightbankabout 10 years ago
Painfully realistic

It never goes away

krosis666krosis666about 10 years ago
So real

That it hurts.

On a side note, There`s nothing more adorable, more beautiful than the sound of your small daughter`s voice, except when she mispronounces her "R"s, that is the most beautiful sound any father can ever hear! And you know that you would fight the combined forces of both Heaven and Hell, all at once, just to hear that voice again, and you KNOW that as long as you are alive, NOTHING will ever harm your Angel!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Short and succinct.

Beautifully written but painful to read. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Man, that WAS painful to read

But so true. When a spouse cheats on the other, I'm not sure anything good can become of it. It is followed by pain, hate, fear, rejection, and a myriad of other emotions that can't be imagined until they've been experienced.

I've never understood how anyone can go into an adulterous relationship and not know the worst is coming at them like a runaway train.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
True, true, true

Wasn't pretty especially because of the kids but that is exactly how it feels to the offended & the CHEATER can NEVER understand the pain & disrespect. I thought the dialogue was often stilted & there just wasn't enough depth to the characters so a high 4**** only

AwakeningofSensesAwakeningofSensesalmost 10 years ago
Ouch!!!!

I am the kind of reader that likes the BTB stories but this time I fell sorry for the ex wife. Damn!!!!

kdcee79kdcee79almost 10 years ago
Been there, hated it

Excellent read & so, so true, it reminded me of my ex. Someone commented about the stilted dialogue, jezz, get real bro, stilted is the least that any conversation that takes place will be like. The pain inside made me stutter, stammer, swear & cry sometimes all at once, it took weeks before I could talk calmly to her without shouting & cursing, so I can empathise with Matt. It's just so sad that there are kids involved here & they will grow up in a cheaters home. Great story 5 *****

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
No Sympathy

I have NO sympathy for her:

"you know this is not what I want. I never wanted this."

If you never wanted this, don't have an AFFAIR, SHEESH!

coochiebarbercoochiebarberover 9 years ago
Real Life drama

It sounds like a real life drama. Very true.

IrfonIrfonover 9 years ago
...another reading...

Whenever I come back to this story - it always gets me the way Matt says:- Do you Love him ?

That's a killer question / way to let his errant wife know that he knows of her cheating ways.

Trouble is,it's so very close to what happens in real life...really gets to me.

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
Finally! A reality story.

Congratulations. Finally a story out of the mold. And a very good one at that. Well written and closer to life than so many Loving Wives stories here. 5*'s

But! I think, given the few (but excellent) clues to Matt's and Lynn's character, this wouldn't be the end of the story. I think Matt and Lynn would have come to some accommodation for the children. Perhaps the dual bedroom would have gone one for much longer; at least one year. You have to go through all the holidays, birthdays and anniversaries first before your next life can begin. Then it is more and more like being married to a divorcee. You know the other was fucked by somebody else but your ego begins to be re-established since she prefers you to them.

Perhaps you could write a story along those lines. It would be better for the kids. (Chuckle)

P.S. From your stories one would get the impression that you are partial to roast chicken and doggie?

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
WEEP NO MORE MY LADY

the reaper has sown from your garden. TK U MLJ LV NV

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
****

"I never wanted this"? Who shivs a git?! Good story. Enjoyed all but his pain. Cheers!

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Finally!

Finally a man that is a regular man. He isn't some secret ninja, etc. He doesn't hidden money or gangster friends. He is a regular everyday man. he finds out his wife is cheating on him, he doesn't why, who, when, etc. One question, 'do you love him?' says it all. He tried to make it work, vacation, counseling,etc. But his making love, only from behind her, is actually the crux of the matter. In a cheating situation, both parties lose. This is very real life. Glad that he is moving on. Well written and executed story.

BrewtooBrewtooover 9 years ago
Excellent Story - well done!

Very well written!

DFWBeastDFWBeastover 9 years ago
In awe!

Not sure why I've never commented on this story because it's one of my favorite if not THE favorite story on here. This is the story that kicked me into creating an account and posting my stories on this site.

I'm absolutely blown away by the amount of emotion packed into so few of words and still able to tell a complete story!

Just... wow!

Killian

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
so true

great story. time line is more accurate than what is usually seen is this section

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
ANOTHER SPILT MILK SAGA

and she still hasn't gotten closure only gone. TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Wow

One of the most honest true to life tales I've ever read. Before you decide to cheat remember the possible consequences. Apparently the wife here didn't think ahead, and she lost in the end.

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfeover 9 years ago
Drama? Revenge?

No drama, no triumphant revenge, not even any in depth details, just the sad dissolution of a marriage as it often really happens in the "Real World".

Excellent story, well told and staged. Thank you for the emotions generated.

MorganDeWolfe

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I'm sure the BTB crowd like this

It was well written and close to real life. But it always amazes me that a man can be so stubborn as to give up on a marriage that involves two small children. Regardless of what he thinks, he'll do irreparable damage to his kids over the long haul by divorcing his wife when he's unable to put his ego aside and save the marriage. And bringing in another woman so quickly won't help. When the kids get older and understand what happened in their marriage they won't be happy with either one of them. That will effect their relationships going forward. So like I said - well written story, poor choice on his part and not really any fun to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Dear anonymous

It's not HE but SHE who tore apart the marriage! People always use kids as an excuse to give a cheater a free pass but in the end, the cheater is the culprit. I know that there are those of you who minimize the pain and suffering of cheating and that's why you INSiST on RAAC. It may seem cruel to say this but I wish that those of you who take the pain and anguish so lightly will yourselves be badly hurt so you can finally see from the spouse's point of view that it's "not just a little thing" and you can't "just get over it if you're not a wimp". If the cheater never cheated, there wouldn't be a problem in the first place.

It's the same way...... if you didn't drink and drive, you wouldn't have run over that poor pedestrian and snuffed out his life and then begged (for years) for forgiveness! Wake up, you people!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
He did try reconciliation. It failed. Beautifully described agony of a dieing marriage.

Lynn will be fucking Douglas again before the ink is dry on the separation agreement. She will blame her husband for the failed marriage. Here second marriage will not last as long as this first one. She will blame her first and second husbands for her inability to maintain a relationship. She will then drift from fuck buddy to fuck buddy, as she grows older, and less attractive, and the fuck buddies get fewer, and more pathetic. She will end up lonely, if not alone, with her children staying politely, if sporadically, in touch.

Matt will end up with the best woman he can find, maybe better than Lynn. He will be less trusting and more cynical about his second marriage, but his second wife may never realize she has married only what is left from what Lynn destroyed. Over time he may regain his trust and humor. His children will help. Like an amputee, he will make the best of what he has left that still functions. Depending on the love and patience of his second wife he may actually reemerge a whole man. Different, but whole. He will always love and miss Lynn, but will never regret finding a new life with a better woman.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
good story, but

That pissing scene was dumb and unrealistic. Everything else was well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Best story in Literotica

You can feel the pain, his and hers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Another cuck

I read these comments... You people who say the guy gives up on the marriage.. It was HER that give up on it... The grass is always greener on the other side.. Until you get there.. And you relise it is not... But you can't go back... You have one opportunity to do the right thing.. After that you are just trying to make up ...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Ohios best

story and to the anon, how was the pissing scene unrealistic? Do you think it would be that difficult for someone to do that in real life?

krosis666krosis666about 9 years ago
Someone said; "You can feel their pain. His and hers"

Except that her pain doesn't count for shit. She deserves it, after all, she IS the source of both their pain! If someone repeatedly, and intentionally, hits themselves in the head with a mallet, for weeks, do you pity them? Do you sympathize with them, when they complain of a headache? Or do you say; "Serves you right, you fucking idiot! Don't come crying to me, when you CHOSE to inflict the pain!"

firemanlitfiremanlitalmost 9 years ago

"good story, but

That pissing scene was dumb and unrealistic. Everything else was well done."

The pissing scene was the epitome of the tale. The rest was just explanatory material. When he peed on her effort, we knew how the story would end. The part where he fucked her from behind, so he would not see her face, was more evidence he was on his way out. Then there was the bit about the child asking "Do friends kiss?" More evidence he was done with the marriage. But she did not understand what she actually did until the very end. Great story.

javmor79javmor79almost 9 years ago
Agree

With the last commenter about the pissing scene. It was fucking hilarious but way over the top. I was able to excuse it though because the rest of the story was excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Another RAAC bites the dust!

So, you see, RAAC's, the story doesn't always go the way you want it to. As in real life, these stories DO have possibilities of non-RAAC endings. I am neither a RAAC nor a BTB; I just weigh the pros and cons and make my decision afterward. For example, how can any sane person believe in RAAC after the cheater has cheated for 3 or more months, shit all over the marriage, disrespected the spouse, possibly exposed the spouse to STD's, shamed the spouse and broken all the marriage vows?

ARE YOU FUCKING NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great story

Have read this over periodically. And still a good story... Correction Fantastic story. Almost realistic . although some did not like the piss scene. I was was one that like the analogy comparing what s she did to the marriage

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
javmor79

Always ready to criticize another story yet you leave yours unfinished.

The pissing scene was a "shock and awe" tactic and perfectly plausible for a husband under stress and struggling to keep his emotions in check. Sure, he may have regretted such an action later but he did what he had to do there and then to strike back at his wife without resorting to verbal or physical retaliation.

By the way, finish your fucking story...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
good

very good in fact

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Thoughts

"Do you really think that there's ANYTHING you could tell me that would restore my trust in you, Lynn?” – Considering that she ALREADY made a VOW before God, “to forsake all others”, and we’ve all seen how THAT worked out!

And even IF he could somehow believe that she wouldn’t cheat AGAIN, how does that unfuck her NOW?

BrewtooBrewtooover 8 years ago
Excellent

Love this story - so well done. So realistic - just how things would honestly play out with a classy guy like Matt.

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfeover 8 years ago
The Blueprint of Destruction

I've saved this story. It's powerful, emotionally disturbing and so damn accurate in the portrayal of the betrayal of a marriage and it's consequences. I'm saving it to show to anyone that asks me how I feel about infidelity and what I see as a blueprint for the destruction of a marriage.

Morgan DeWolfe

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Explanation

I love how they always want to "explain".

What explanation can there be, especially if she somehow, despite her actions, seems to really love her husband?

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 8 years ago
Very well done--

This was extremely realistic. Well done, ohio! A well deserved 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Obviously a classic. It could not be much better.

I appreciate how you say so much by having them say so little. I just wonder, if she had shown more anguish, more contrition, more remorse, if possibly, at least for the kids, they might have gotten past it. Her first mistake was simply walking out of the bedroom and going to the guest room. She should have flung herself at his feet and begged for forgiveness. But she really showed her lack of remorse and lack of contrition when, upon hearing him crying in the bedroom, she simply walks away. How could she just walk away from the pain and suffering she had caused? She could because she was more concerned about her own pain and embarrassment, and having to humiliate herself in begging for forgiveness. She just didn't love him, or her children, enough to throw her pride and dignity aside and allow him to wreak his just wrath upon her. It would only have been words, angry and painful, but she couldn't even make that sacrifice to try to save her marriage.

Her tears of anguish and acceptance at the end are way too little too late. Matt and his children are better off without this shallow selfish stupid girl.

Concritic123Concritic123over 8 years ago
The loss of trust is the worst part.......

Once it's gone, it's hardly ever to come back. At least not to the level where it was before the cheating. The pissing on the meal was a learnable moment though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
new start

Try to rebuild the marriage with someone you know will cheat if the right pressures are there or move on and rebuild with someone without the history of betrayal.

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17over 8 years ago
Thank You For Defining 'Cuckold'

A 'cuckold' is a man with an unfaithful wife. No man can be a cuckold unless he has an unfaithful wife. Therefore he is a victim of his wife and her lover(s)' actions. Much in the same way a woman who is raped is made a victim by her rapist. In a way the cuckolded husband is 'raped' by his wife and her lover. His marriage, his reputation, his respect, his pride, his hopes, his dreams, his future...have all been raped...taken from him unwillingly. A woman who can do that to her husband deserves no sympathy, deserves no second chances. Great story. Thank you for not capitulating.

Lo_PanLo_Panover 8 years ago
I really love......

I really love the chicken dinner scene. Just poetic in it's expression of the disgust and hatred that 'Matt' felt.

christmas_apechristmas_apeover 8 years ago
exquisite pain

shards of a broken mirror

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 8 years ago
Two Alternatives Without an Obvious Answer

After reading many Loving Wives stories where the husband finds it impossible to take back an errant wife (with a few exceptions) I think of the two alternatives: (1) to take back the cheating wife and try to make a new start with her, or (2) get a divorce and search for a new mate.

Assuming that the couple based their original marriage on real love (and many of the couples in these stories claim that they still love each other) is the threat of divorce and the breakup of a long term relationship enough to deter the cheating wife from ever doing it again? The husband almost invariably claims that trust has been lost and he'll never be able to believe that he can let her out of her sight without worrying that she'll hop into bed with someone new. Isn't it just as likely that she'll recognize what she almost lost and that the new sexual relationship isn't enough to make up for the real love she has for her husband? You hold on tighter to something valuable that you almost dropped.

If the husband does go the divorce route isn't he just as likely to marry another woman who might cheat? I don't know what the odds are of unfaithfulness in a marriage, but I would guess that they're at least as high in the new marriage as in the old damaged relationship - perhaps higher.

So the question is: can we follow the apparent Golden Maxim of Literotica - "Once a cheater, always a cheater" or is another thought more relevant: "Once burnt, twice shy" on the wife's part? Never having been in this situation I don't know how I would react to the reality of a cheating wife, but I tend to sympathize with the women who have cheated and face the prospect of losing their marriage and a mate they really love just because they were looking for a little adventure. There is no 'right' answer, but there may well be a substantial tendency for a wife to stick to the straight and narrow once she almost loses what she realizes is the most important thing in her life. Perhaps we should follow the paraphrasing of another bit of 'wisdom': "two strikes and you're out" and see if the 'loving wife' has truly learned her lesson and deserves another chance.

As an aside, I find it somewhat amusing that the women whose husbands stray seem more willing to take back the cheating mate than the men. There does appear to be a societal double standard working here.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 8 years ago
@overcritical

I see what you're saying but keep this in mind. In this tale there was a happy, loving household full of life and love. Happy children also. Basically, there was no reason for the wife to have an affair. She was happy with her husband, her children and her life. So why did she do it? Because she could. She figured no one will find out. Guess what? You were wrong. The husband. knowing this, will always have a doubt in his mind. No matter how much she pleads her case of fidelity forever. He can never be one hundred percent sure. That applies to cheaters in general. Once that trust has been broken, there is always a possibility of cheating. Besides, cheaters, especially those who are happy with their life, are very stupid and arrogant. Fucking idiots.

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfeabout 8 years ago
5* For The Realism!

Altogether too close for comfort. The reality of the betrayal, the broken trust, the raging emotions of the one betrayed, exacerbated by the all too human inability to not imagine the acts of betrayal, all millstones around the neck of a wrecked marriage. Some can forgive and forget, that's wonderful for them. Some can never forgive nor forget and that is a burden most wearisome to carry. But the one that can forgive yet is unable to forget? That is a most grievous wound that crushes the soul, never to be able to leave behind the knowledge of the betrayal by the one you loved and trusted most in this world? That truly is Hell on earth.

Just My Opinion, YMMV

Morgan DeWolfe

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still five stars. Still love it. Still a favorite. This is a lesson in quality writing. You don't have to explain everything. No need to pour over every detail. Just real emotion.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 8 years ago
Depressing

Pretty well written, but damn depressing.

MwRadicalMwRadicalabout 8 years ago
Great story

And very well written, thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
A cautionary tale.

For me at least, this short story is the best in the adultery genre of LW submissions. The writing is excellent and there is just enough expository detail to make it achingly real, although what is not said is a powerful as what is. While not belabored, its message resonates with me in a way that I wish it didn't. While one may eventually understand and forgive, the very act of sex with a cheating partner can generate images that make forgetting impossible, and like slow acid erode the foundation of what was once a trusting relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Annony knows all about cheating! His wife cheated on him their entire marriage

But OHIO is one of the best writers on here,. So to offset the asshole of LIT's 1 vote I gave this a 5

amischiefmakeramischiefmakeralmost 8 years ago
Shot but sweet

I liked it 5* worth

IrfonIrfonalmost 8 years ago
Excellent story....

....and all the painful things kept down low - but said it ALL in an extremely powerful way - no need for the usual nastiness - and yet,so descriptive.

Has to be one of Ohios' Best.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Further Thoughts

"you know this is not what I want. I never wanted this." - And HE didn't want a cheating slut for a wife, but that's what he got anyway! As KarenE said, if she never wanted this, then she shouldn't have had an affair!

@Anonymous 01/13/15 Re: "I'm sure the BTB crowd like this" - Why should HE have to put HIS ego aside? If SHE had put HER ego aside she probably wouldn't have cheated! They never went into the reasons, but you can bet flattery and ego-stroking was involved! As for how quickly he brought another woman in, time intervals are a little unclear, but by rough calculations it's a little over 10 months, almost a year, that isn't THAT quick!. And maybe SHE should have thought about the impact on the kids and kept her legs closed!

I agree with Anonymous 10/24/15 about how could she walk away from his crying?

While I agree that the pissing scene is over-the-top, I just take it the way he explained it, as symbolic of her pissing on their marriage.

While I understand HIS not wanting to know why, I would like to know why a woman, who I DO believe loves her husband, would cheat on him.

@Overcritical, if he excuses THIS incidence of cheating, what does she have to fear if another cheating opportunity presents itself?

CarnilliaCarnilliaalmost 8 years ago
A great story really well written.

You succesfully avoided most of the common places in this kind of stories. Instead of filling us with details you wen thru the whole process. Your story is really well written and full of non- said things that we can read between lines.

Btw a cuckold is someone who know his wife if fucking another person and consents it. By that definition he is not cuckold but a cheated husband.

sugnasugnaalmost 8 years ago
Interesting

She hurt herself more than she hurt him. He could divorce the cheater, she was forced to live with herself for the rest of her life. Indeed, what man would want to have anything to do with her if he were to know about what she did to her last decent husband? A woman with two kids and a history of adultery is not a prize in anyone's book!

DandelionMcGillicuttyDandelionMcGillicuttyalmost 8 years ago
haunting story

It's not erotic. It's definitely not happy. I'd describe it as hauntingly gritty. It's a sad story that is very well written, and gave me goosebumps because it's so realistic.

georgelittle2000georgelittle2000almost 8 years ago
Awesome

So much said in so small amount of words!

A truly masterpiece

BoomerbillBoomerbillalmost 8 years ago
Beautifully Written, but sad to the pint of dreary

I enjoy your writing a lot. Please keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Ouch

5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
A murder most vile....

She murdered his love for her. She saw fit to spread her legs for another and very coolly told him it was "Just Sex". As if it was of no importance. Now she sits in her room and weeps? WTF was she thinking?

ejsathomeejsathomeover 7 years ago
I've read this story . . .

. . . so many times, it's ridiculous, and every time it tears my heart out. It's a good lesson to those who think cheating is acceptable. A very good lesson. It leads to nothing but heartache and pain. For such a short story, it speaks volumes! I've already rated it 5*, and I wish I could rate it 10*. Again, thanks very much to Ohio.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very well written

I think this is one of your best, Ohio. NOT because he divorced her instead of reconciling, but because it was a complete overview of what normally happens when a cheater is exposed; it's dark, it's depressing, and oh so painful. We know they tried to make it work, therapy and vacation time alone prove that, but obviously the husband couldn't get past what she had done.

Some have stated the pissing scene was over-the-top, I disagree. As crude as it was, it was a perfect metaphor for their marriage. She took the time to make a wonderful meal, planning it all the way down to the table top presentation. Plates, glassware, silverware, tablecloth, everything laid just so. It was perfect - until he pissed on it.

Now what do you do with a dinner that's been pissed on? We're not talking about quarter-pounders from some fast food joint. This was a special meal, something you don't want to throw out. So you could probably pull everything off the table and wash it; no problem washing the tablecloth, silverware, glassware, etc., but the rest isn't that easy. The food is what you came for, the reason you gather around the table in the first place. The chicken can be rinsed and baked a bit longer to completely clean it, but it would be a bit dry and tasteless, might still have an odor. The veggies could also be rinsed off, reheated, and then served, but by then they'll be a bit overcooked, dry, and limp. The salad is history. Sure it could be rinsed, but by the time everything else is ready, it would be limp and inedible. In short, most everything on the table could be salvaged, but at best, it would all be diminished. All the crispness lost, dry and tough.

That represents their marriage. It can be saved, but it will always be diminished. The sparkle is gone, the freshness, the quality; you'll always know you're eating a meal that someone else pissed on.

And the husband couldn't get past that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
real life true story

Serial cheating wife exposed on Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
cool, loved dinner

anoi, love your review of pissing on a beautiful dinner. can't wait to try it myself after she doesn't know I found out......lol

bill, i hope not

55555555555555555555555555555555555

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank you!

A realistic story well written!

qhml1 The Cost sent me here... haven't read it yet but will (he recommended it so I read your story first)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
"It was Matt, crying quietly, probably into his pillow. Lynn stood, listening; then she slowly turned away, and walked back down the hall to the guest room. "

She slowly turned away. In my mind that is where any chance for reconciliation ended. Why did she turn away from him, from his moment of need and suffering? Was it shame, embarrassment, guilt, cowardice? Any woman worth salvaging would have rushed into their room, fallen at his feet, embraced him and showered him with her own tears, and would have pledged her eternal sorrow, regret, and unending effort to regain his love and his trust. She would immediately quit her job, out herself to her friends and family, tattoo her husbands name over her pussy, and seek legal advice on how to arrange a post-nuptual agreement. She would simply do anything and everything to demonstrate her regret, and earn her marriage back, even if she was certain it could not be saved. Instead she was angry that he wouldn't reconcile, that some counseling didn't make things better, that she couldn't fuck her sins away. She was pathetic, and she deserved her sorrow and tears.

Easily one of the very best stories, anywhere. Thank You, again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
GREAT

Probably you're best work of all, in my opinion this is the way that House Of Cards should have ended.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 7 years ago
So much story in so little space...

is only part of Ohio's mastery. Another job well done. Rarely do I give Ohio less than 5 stars and this is no exception.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
#2 NOW SHE IS SORRY AND FILLED WITH REGRET AND REMORSE

BUT.......the Why will never be answered to any satisfaction. TK U MLJ LV NV

Rc68Rc68over 7 years ago
Therapy

Sorry but all therapy does is allow the guilty party to alleviate their guilt, rarely is it worth spit.... This author is a talent, but too much reliance on tears, weak men and therapy as crutches to prolong story......

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Too Little...Too Late

Stories about wives that cry over the tragedy that has decimated their lives due to their infidelities is a major turnoff to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
My god, what is wrong with this woman?

I mean, who the hell has hamburgers with broccoli?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Touching story

The story really touched me, I felt his pain. Everyone involved gets hurt, but he should have gone after her lover and employer, he may not have felt better, but in would

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Short & Not Sweet

Good job of moving along with the story. Just the facts and only the facts of what happens to a marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Very compelling

Very 'real life'. 5 ☆ for this one. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I will never understand

I will never understand how a cheater will claim that they love their spouse, or that it didn't mean anything, or that it was just sex, or that they didn't mean for anyone to get hurt. You don't cheat on someone you love. They know they are doing something that will be hurtful because they hide it, lie about it, and don't respect their spouse. For goodness sake get the damn divorce before you cheat. It will hurt, but not anything close to what happens when it all comes out. I guess it's just another instance of disrespect.

And to whine and complain about how the spouse is handling being cheated on? "But I still love him". Newsflash... You didn't love him or else you wouldn't have cheated. Just another load of BS and wasted breath.

Good story although I'm not sure why he stayed in the marriage as long as he did if he knew there was no way to trust her.

dc6370dc6370about 7 years ago
Wow

This was a powerful story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Re-Reading Comments

@betrayedbylove - To follow up on your comment. "In this tale there was a happy, loving household full of life and love. Happy children also. Basically, there was no reason for the wife to have an affair" So there was no reason to have an affair, yet she had one anyway.

If he takes her back, it will no longer be "a happy, loving household full of life and love." So, it should even be EASIER to cheat!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
His Crying

I can't remember if I said this, I know that others have, but why the fuck did she turn away from the bedroom when she heard him crying? That was her BEST, probably only, way to demonstrate some REAL compassion for what HE is going through, instead of all the self-pity for her misery!

C_frommnC_frommnabout 7 years ago
Sorry!!

But I'm in the Love the Pissing Scene. It showed his contempt that she thought sending the kids away making his Favorite Dishes. would get him past every Trick & Lie she used During her Affair. From the "Do You Love Him" . She should have known there was little to No Hope. Then to Listen to him "cry" and walk away showed where her head was at. She needs Therapy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

This story is fantastic .

thank you .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Well,,,, No.

I thought the "pissing scene", as someone else called it, was stupid, juvenile, and disgusting. I understand a man being hurt, even devastated by his wife cheating on him. I don't understand a man resorting to foul animalistic behavior as revenge. If he wants real revenge, stand up and do it like a man. Beat her. Kill her. Beat and/or kill her lover. Lock them both in the house and burn it down around them. But standing on a chair and pissing all over the dinner table? Far as I'm concerned, HE should be shot. What a douche. 1 star.

NariToreNariTorealmost 7 years ago
@Anonymous 5/11/17

what the actual fuck "killing/beating her is okay but pissing on the table is so wrong/douchey".....are you....ummm...well....stupid? do u need help? did u fall a couple times on your as a kid...i don't think i have to point out all the wrong things with your statement because it should be obvious unless you are sufferring from mental retardation then there's no point in explaining anyway

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
NariTore

I have to agree with you. Urine and murder are not the same level of response. In fact, I've taken a piss today. I have not, to this point, killed anyone. Someone who feels that violence is the go-to response but gets outraged at urine on the tablecloth has some real issues.

tazz317tazz317almost 7 years ago
MAYBE BY NOW....THIS TIME

the head in the clouds becomes clearer, TK U MLJ LV NV

Raleighman53Raleighman53almost 7 years ago
Some people don't get it

There is no simple path to address infidelity or love for that matter. In every loving relationship there are at least 2 definitions of what love is because each person's is unique. It's the same for infidelity. The checklist is going to be different for each and every person. Some will recover, some will not. You can think your way is the only correct way but you'd only be fooling yourself.

Great story Ohio!

KRD19254KRD19254almost 7 years ago

6*... It all boils down to the cheater got caught - at that instance of verified discovery that unique marital TRUST was forever broken. When you can no longer TRUST your mate it's over --- in this case it took him many months. He just could not get past her betrayal and HE could not TRUST her again. But he was wise enough to know this and it would lead to the family slowly devolve into contempt, suspicion, and eventually hate. He realized he could not get past this and this is an unhealthy environment for the children. For this he is my hero. Q's 'The Cost' did a great job in pointing out the price of what the cheater cost the marriage in killing future generations.

I failed to dump my cheater due to my young-lings and ended up warping their perspective of what a loving normal marriage is suppose to be. MY mistake I'll take to my grave.

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatover 6 years ago
Ouch...both ways.

Hers is from jealousy; his from the payment for the mortgage, insurance, child support, and quite possibly alimony. Most of that will continue unless and until she re-marries or the kids turn 18 or even graduate college. Oh yeah, he pays for their education too.

Somehow, it just doesn't seem quite fair, if she was the one who cheated. NOTE: in Ohio, that is how the law reads, if she isn't working or not better paid than he is. If she is, then it's 50/50, even if she's a millionaire. Good luck on that happening.

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 6 years ago
5* whilst laughing at annony

"pissing on the table is juvenile, be a man and beat her or kill her"

WHAT A FUCKIN TWONK

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Learned something

today. Had to google "twonk".

You would think a woman like that would be down on her knees face on the ground humiliating herself before him begging to be his again.

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 6 years ago
twonk definition

"More insulting than berk, but less insulting that gimp" (wikipedia)

although i think i think maybe gimp would have not been ott for a description of our murderous annony.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 6 years ago

Clearly the best short/flash tale on this site. Short and emotionally packed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Dont give a shit

About comments. Great perspective and concise. Worthy of Strunk and White!5

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
good one...short and sweet and to the point...

another man with the balls to stand up to his cheating skank whore wife and kick her to the kerb...

etchiboyetchiboyover 6 years ago
Concise. To the point. Leaves nothing out.

Pretty much a perfect LW story. Brilliant. One of my favorite short pieces in Literotica. 5-stars.

etchiboyetchiboyover 6 years ago
Re-read it (~10 days since last comment)...

Still, one of the best LW flash stories yet (that I’ve read). I think partly because I can REALLY see myself in the picture.

This is the way I truely think the way my “dissolution of marriage”, it’s slow falling apart, would go under THOSE circumstances. I don’t think (probably) I would instantly hate my wife. I would probably be instantly crushed (I know I have a moderately shallow self confidence). I would try to keep it together, especially if we had kids. I probably could only take it a few months. Then the split. I’m willing to bet I DONT have a new girlfriend within a few weeks/months (that lack of self confidence again).

Nice to fantasize about BTB; god, I always FEEL like revenge. Some asshole flips me off on the freeway AFTER cutting me off? Why of course, pull along side in my new Shelby 427, pull out my trusty .357 S&W, plug the jerk through the side of his pointy head, and speed off, laughing all the way. But in reality I just let it slide, while internally fuming, while I trail in my 20 yo NISSAN SUV. —- Reality

Yeah, this one really hits close to home.

Again BRAVO!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous