All Comments on 'Second Chance, Book 05'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
bruce22bruce22almost 16 years ago
Fine Continuation

It is nice to see that you are putting together enough work for a Novel, now that you have brought the Blantons into the story. You are going to have to also include the reactions of

his folks and the O'Learys to Bonnie. I am still abit nervous about possible new disasters. Was the problem with Ron something that started at that Christmas party and he was revenging the reprimand? Even is there are no deeper roots

he certainly would want revenge for getting fired. I will not be very relaxed until we finish the last chapter....

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969almost 16 years ago
I'm with BRUCE22 on this one

Very good story and obviously we are never going to know why his wife did the things she did. Equally we probably will never know what happend to any body else who was at that strip club. Anyway the story has moved on. so I will go with it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
24 Chapters

24 Chapters and author hasn't killed off Brent yet. Only took him 17 chapters to kill off his wife. LOL Love the way everyone's still trying to figure out all the unanswered issues in the first 17 chapters (ie, what was the purpose of even including the first 17 chapter?). LOL Don't worry, if we get too many unsolveable issues we'll just kill the characters off. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Loose ends

The loose ends seem important after all

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
WTF !?!?

Just finished this entire 31 chapter story on another site and then looked with PITY again at all the comments here written BY COMMENTATORS ACTUALLY EXPECTING A STORY ABOUT SOMETHING. All these people trying to act so smart, doling out 100's and extolling Author as so profound and where is he taking us with this or that, the BJ nickname or the sister's 'setup'. THIS IS ACTUALLY PITIFUL cause IT ALL GOES NOWHERE. This story is about NOTHING. In fact a Seinfeld episode, which is supposed to be about NOTHING, is more about SOMETHING than this is. Sadly, THIS COMMENT I'm writing is more to the point and about something than this entire story. All these poor people's comment for 5 BOOKS, 24 chapters, looking for meaning and the tying of story lines together by Author is pathetic. Because all these meandering verbose, wandering, overwritten, bloated threads and tangents that go on forever finally wind up going NOWHERE!!! THERE IS NOTHING!!! NOTHING!!! ITS ENTROPHY. Every line the readers look to for meaning or direction just goes out into space and never returns. Sadly, while the average dictionary and this story may be just as long, the end of a dictionary may have more in common with its beginning than the end and beginning of this story, and at least the dictionary answers A FEW questions, while this story answers virtually none. BAD AUTHOR, BAD!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
as the last reviewer said,

the "problem" with this long story is that it is not very emotionally griping. one of the reason could be that it used a red herring (fast spreading cancer) to resolve an infidelity issue, which was the core issue at the beginning of the story. <p>

the story then quickly dealt with these central issue and moved on to a post Jeannette story line. (I still remember the author had the girl, Andrea?, saying, "Wow, mom, you took your clothes off in front of strangers, in a strip club? no real life, only parents who've raised skin-head or dopey type girls would daughters wow like that, when they hear their 39 year old strip in nude club to earn extra cash). <p>

but most readers who wanted to love the story have not built any passion with any of the characters in the story. the kids are not believable; the parents are throw-away characters. it's even not that the husband's ambivalent; if you do it clever enough, the readers love highly ambivalent characters. they just don't like wimpish ambivalent characters. <p>

to the end, the husband still yearned for "what could have been with Jeannette," and other such nonsense. perhaps she could have told him it's really her medical conditions that made her think calculatedly to strip to earn extra cash at the local strip club/whore house; she could have told him how one man's dick was twice as big as his, but she still would have come home no matter what; what-ever. who cares.

I certainly don't.... <p>

BACK TO BRISTOL and SEPARATE LIVES epitomize long Literoticda stories that didn't use psycho babbling counseling sessions. <p>

real people who are not trapped in Hollywood type pop culture psychosis --- they make heinous mistakes but owe up to those mistakes and plea their case honestly, with great humility, with those who loved them deeply and who had been wounded deeply, and NOT use red herring nonsense (from temporary amnesia/insanity, to cancer, to rape-drugs, to bigger dicks, to you didn't compliment me often enough, to you love me too much and it made me suffocate, ad nauseam) as both explanations and justification for such heinous and calculated transgressions.

PhilipinNorcalPhilipinNorcalalmost 16 years ago
Me too

coaster:<p>Regarding your story,I must agree with the reactions of the last two reviewers. After the first two "Books," you had me hooked. You dangled a carrot that caught my fancy. But suddenly you yanked it away. Your electing to use the wife's demise as an escape pod had all of the earmarks of a "do-over." Your didn't appear to be prepared to resolve the difficulties which you presented in the story's beginning, so you simply went to the chalkboard, used an eraser, and eliminated the need to provide answers. Meaning no disrespect, you took the easy way out.<p>Your story seemed to me to be experiencing an identity crisis. It began as a drama with much conflict. But, without any issues being resolved, it quickly morphed into a romance. While I was among those who didn't see it coming, my opinion of this "about face" differs from those who found it acceptable. I found the 'drama' compelling, but the romance colorless.<p>I've noted that a number of readers have enjoyed the story thus far. I envy them. I truly wish that I could have found in it the pleasure they have. coaster, thanks once again for your effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Promised so much, delivered nothing (0)

Rambling, overly wordy semi-related series of stories that resolve NONE of the issues offered to the reader. Recipies for making many food dishes have more of a plot. Recipies have happy endings too. Whole 'story' could have been told in a few sentences. What's the point of introducing all the partial subplots if they're not exploited or necessary in the story line? Author, why didn't we get detailed descriptions of how Brent wiped his butt every day? That's just as relevant as the rest of the FILLER that comprises nearly all of this thing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Promised so much, delivered nothing (0)

Rambling, overly wordy semi-related series of stories that resolve NONE of the issues offered to the reader. Recipies for making many food dishes have more of a plot. Recipies have happy endings too. Whole 'story' could have been told in a few sentences. What's the point of introducing all the partial subplots if they're not exploited or necessary in the story line? Author, why didn't we get detailed descriptions of how Brent wiped his butt every day? That's just as relevant as the rest of the FILLER that comprises nearly all of this thing.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 15 years ago
Boring

It was interesting in the beginning of this series. Now it is just wordy, repetitive, goes into excessive details that don't contribute to the story line, and BORING. I kept reading with the hope it would get interesting. I should have quit sooner.

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 14 years ago
ALTHOUGH,

I'm not as cruel and tactless as others the story isn't as entertaining as it was in the beginning. Then I enjoy a happy romantic story and find constant drama a little too much and not as enjoyable. However, the use of the word "Babe" seems more like a pick-up line for some Lothario rather than a term of endearment. Of course, that's just my personal opinion. Just like all those comments from those drama junkies are their opinions.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Meeting The Kids

While it helps that the kids are older, and it's been a few years since their mother died, it might be wise for her to stay in a hotel rather than his bed for the first visit with his kids.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Should he tell his children about her before she pops up.....why couldn't he introduce Tim at the same time!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous