Secret No Longer Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jannie brightened and her eyes sparkled. "Thank you, Lin. No matter what, it's nice just to see you so relaxed about it all," she replied.

"Once a mother, always a mother, sure; he'll always be my baby, but that doesn't mean I'm unrealistic—or jealous."

"You're so sweet," she said, then grew more serious. "So, anyway, what it comes down to is, there are two problems with our situation. First, he was watching on the sly, and, second, he's your son. We already handled the first problem when we thought it was just the guys watching. In my case, it's really not all that difficult to extend that to Jason. So, now it condenses down to just one fact, that Jason is your son.

"And that is the only problem I can't just take in stride," I said, completing the thought.

"OK, then, Lin, what now?," she asked.

"I'm not sure, Jannie, but I think the wisest thing is to just let all this go, play it straight from now on and hope it all just fades away."

"Are you sure you want that, Lin?" Jannie asked, very earnestly. At the question the floodgates opened, wide.

"Of course I don't want that, Jannie!" I cried, a torrent of tears suddenly bursting forth. "You know that I'd never choose what we've been doing over Fred and our marriage, but I've gotten very used to this. And when I think about how the only problem in all of this is Jason, I want to find some way to fix just that, that one problem, and let everything else go back the way it was. I just don't know how to begin. I don't know if there even is any possible way to do that. There is only one sure way I can think of that will get us out from under all this and that is to just walk away from it, completely."

"I have to agree, Lin," she whispered, reluctance that mirrored my own showing through her voice as well. "So, maybe it's for the best. What do you say that we just call this little interlude one of life's high points and let it become a memory?"

"Yes. Why don't we," I replied, my heart nowhere in the decision. "If we've been playing with fire and not knowing it, now's the time to put it out, before it burns us all."

Our coffee and conversation ended early and quietly that day.

(to be continued)

12