Secrets and Magic Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
savannuh
savannuh
51 Followers

The man behind her clucked in approval, "It's not often we see the Ca'lai in battle. The King chose wisely. Most impressive."

Jack shuddered at his voice as another chill coursed through her. But his words weren't lost on her. 'The King chose wisely?' What did he mean by that? She risked a glance at the man behind her and was able to make out long blonde hair. She licked her lips and began to speak, "W-who-"

"Shh!" The man interrupted her. "Let's see what happens."

Merced was - much like his opponent - breathing heavily. His eyes remained glowing and his face had yet to lose its calm expression. The man swung again, but changed tactics and followed through with a solid punch to the face. As Merced's head flew back the man moved out of striking distance and fired a blast from his weapon. Miraculously, Merced was able to leap out of the way, but not before sending a blast directly from his hands to hit his adversary square in the chest. The opposition, caught off guard, flew back with his rod dropping from his hands. Merced was on him a second later. There was the sickening sound of fist tearing through flesh then silence.

"Astounding," the man finally stepped from behind her. He spoke more to himself than to Jack, "I wonder if we can use him."

A beat passed before Merced shakily stood and faced them. He wiped blood from the corner of his mouth. The blonde man spoke, "You're a strong one. You've managed to kill all my men," he laughed without a trace of humor, "Perhaps I should be after you and not the Prince." At that he pretended to look around, "Speaking of which, where is Aden?"

"That is no concern of yours."

The man frowned, drawing Jack's attention to the blacks of his eyes, "Hmm," he appeared to think, "I suppose he's in that room with the sealed door." There was a pause, "Though I'm curious; why would the First Prince have a need to hide behind such a thing?"

Jack gasped. Aden was a Prince? No... he couldn't be. A churning sensation started in her stomach.

"You will not get to him," Merced's voice was even.

The blonde took a step forward and Jack saw him smile, "You were entertaining to watch, but I grow tired." Without warning he formed a ball with his hands and shot a bright blue orb forward. As expected, Merced easily dodged it. The orb stopped in the air where Merced had been moments before and began to pulse. It wasn't clear anything was happening until Merced groaned and crumbled to his knees.

The man laughed, "Nice try, but it doesn't matter. Even without a direct hit, your energy will still be sucked dry. Every. Last. Drop."

"This... is...," Merced fought to speak as he closed his eyes in obvious pain, "Forbidden..."

"Is it?" This was said on a snicker. "Perhaps you should stop me," the man feigned concern, "but it seems you're quite indisposed at the moment."

Jack tried to move again, to do anything, but her feet were still rooted to the spot. She watched as Merced eventually toppled over on his side. More tears formed as her friend suffered before her very eyes and she realized how helpless she was. His body twitched as more and more was taken from him. Fear and loathing grew stronger as she witnessed his eyes lose their glow. She angrily swiped the moisture from her face and eyed the enemy. He seemed to watch the scene intently until Merced finally stopped moving. This wasn't happening. Aden was somewhere between life and death and now Merced was gone. Jack balled her fists. Bastard.

"Now then," the tone was conversational, "Why are you here?"

Jack didn't answer; instead she just stared at him. He sighed, "Everyone has to be difficult."

Before she knew what he was doing, he was in front of her with his hand around her throat. He squeezed his hand and pressed lightly down on her windpipe. Her hands immediately came up to claw at his arm, but he wasn't fazed.

"Stop fighting and look at me." When Jack didn't obey he squeezed tighter, cutting off her air entirely before relenting a few moments later. "Look at me," he repeated.

This time Jack did as she was told; her fearful gaze met and held his. Something shifted within the void of his eyes and he was inside her. Jack cried out at the spiritual invasion and her whole body jerked. She could feel him everywhere. His hate and anger was in her every pore. He was reading all her thoughts; her feelings; her power. She could feel how the latter intrigued him. He pushed at it, but recoiled in pain when it burned him. Jack wasn't sure what happened but suddenly he was gone. The man stood staring at her suspiciously before he slapped her hard. She let out another cry and cradled her face.

"I know what you are," he practically spat at her. Jack braced for another blow, but his demeanor rapidly changed. He went on with a dark smile, "Quite rare. You will do wonders for us."

The sound of splintering wood filled the atmosphere and seconds later a green burst of energy sent the blonde man flying. "It will be difficult for her to do much of anything for you, Zechariah," Aden said as he walked further into the room, "because in a few short moments you'll be dead."

Jack looked at Aden, eyes blazing as dust from the blast settled around him. She gasped out loud. Walking. He was walking. It worked!

savannuh
savannuh
51 Followers