Semper Fi Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

**********

That afternoon, Frank and Caitlyn walked down Waikiki's main street and stopped at the ABC store on the corner near Kalakaua to get some postcards. Coming out, they were approached by a woman handing out flyers for time-shares. Looking at it, Frank laughed. "Look at this," he said, jokingly. "If we go to their little presentation, we can get free luau tickets."

"That sounds like fun... want to do it?"

"Well, if you promise not to buy anything."

An hour later, they were sitting in front of a hard-selling saleswoman who did her best to get them to buy into a timeshare in Honolulu. Caitlyn asked enough questions to look interested, toying with the woman the whole time.

"My brother," Caitlyn said, "shares my trust fund." Caitlyn was thinking fast, making it up as she went. "I'd have to talk to him, first."

The woman passed her desk phone over. "Here," she said, "give him a call."

Caitlyn glanced at Frank with an 'oh, shit' look and picked up the phone and dialed Maria's cell. "Hello, Joe? It's me and I'm in Honolulu with Frank and we're listening to a timeshare presentation... yes, that's right."

She waited a few moments as Maria spoke to her rapidly in Spanish. "¿Así, tiene una poca diversion?"

"Yes, that's right. OK, I understand." She put her hand over the receiver and looked at the saleswoman. "Can you email the information to him?"

"Of course, I can do that right away."

Caitlyn spoke back into the phone. "Joe, she'll send you the information right quick. OK, thanks..." She handed the phone receiver back. "So," she asked, "you have some luau vouchers for us?"

**********

That night, Frank and Caitlyn went to the beach luau on the west shore. About half the people there were somehow connected with the time-share company and the rest from various hotels in Waikiki. As the sun dipped down into the now dark Pacific, Frank put his empty Primo bottle down on the table and cut up the pork sparerib for her. "Here, Baby," he said, giving her the best piece he could find.

She opened her mouth and licked the barbeque sauce from the meat, looking at Frank with satisfaction. She winked a promise for later in the evening.

"Beer?" he asked.

"Mai Tai would be better, honey."

"OK, hang on, I'll be right back." Frank got up and headed toward the bar as Caitlyn pulled out her phone to call Maria. She felt a little guilty leaving the woman behind but, after all, it WAS her honeymoon. As Frank waited in line, the dancers came out and started throwing torches into the air. He shuddered, thinking what one slip could do. "Two Mai Tai s, please," he said, putting a ten down on the bartop.

Walking back with the two drinks in his hands, he dodged several drunken party goers and returned to where they were sitting. "Here," he said, giving her one. "To us..." He touched glasses with her as he kept one eye on the drunks heading their way, hoping they would keep walking and not stop.

Unfortunately, two of them sat down directly opposite from them at the picnic table. "Damn," Frank muttered under his breath, wishing a volcano would open up and swallow the men before something embarrassing happened.

He stared at his wife, at her French braid hanging almost to her waist, to her still pert breasts that stood at proud attention, inviting him to touch, to taste, to savor, to cherish. He put his hand to her shoulder and pulled her close; he kissed her. "I love you," he sighed. "You know..." he spoke softly, "I always have."

One drunk sniggled to the other, nudging him in the ribs. Frank looked around for a bouncer and then for an empty table.

"Whatsa matter? Too good to sit with us?" one asked, leaning across the table.

Oh, crap, Frank thought. "Look, we're just waiting for some friends and I see them over there. Nice meeting you. C'mon, honey, there's Phil and Mary." Frank stood up, grabbing their plates. Caitlyn followed, carrying the drinks.

"Waya minute... we haven't danced..." The taller one reached out and grabbed her arm, spilling both drinks to the sand. He tried to stand up and finally succeeded in following them to the other table. "We haven't danced," he said, again, slightly slurring his words.

Frank looked around, once again, hoping for some help from the luau staff but everyone was watching the fireshow on the stage.

"Back off, buddy," he said, pulling Caitlyn behind him, forgetting in the moment that she could take care of herself.

To the side, a torch went flying through the air and was deftly caught by the dancer, bringing that part of the performance to an end and then the drums starting beating loudly and seven hula dancers moved to center stage and began to shimmy.

"C'mon, honey, let's dance."

Frank looked around in the relatively dark light of the tiki torches. He put out his hand and pushed the man's chest. "Look, I'm only going to say this once..." He started to say "back off," but suddenly Caitlyn moved and the man was kneeling on the ground, holding his crotch and softly moaning.

Caitlyn leaned over and in a soft voice, "Wait 'till tonight, Big Boy, and I'll show you a dance." She giggled and for a moment, Frank wondered if the Mai Tai was speaking or she was and decided he didn't care... they were on their honeymoon.

Frank looked around, again. No one, strangely enough, had paid any attention to them. "Let's move," he said and picked up his food, again. "This is getting old."

That night, the combination of drink and exhaustion and excitement were too much and they both slept through the night, waking late the next morning.

Maria had left a note saying she took Kelly for breakfast in the hotel's coffee shop. Frank went back to bed and made love to his wife.

**********

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Caitlyn looked out the car window at the house on the hill.

"Yes. The man said it was just past the old Ewart place on the North Shore and that's where we are."

"Visiting a graveyard is still a strange way to spend the day." She turned to the back seat. Maria was coloring with Kelly. "¿Cómo es tu?"

"Maravilloso!"

Frank stopped the car and got out. He walked up to the small family cemetery near the road and looked down...

James Ewart, Admiral, USN and his wife, Bethany Rose, September, 1985...

Caitlyn walked over from the car and put her arm through his. He had told her they were coming here but couldn't understand his fascination with the people who had died twenty five years earlier.

Frank put down the small bouquet he had brought on the woman's grave and said a silent prayer. After a few moments, he turned and looked at the waves rushing ashore from the Pacific.

"Thanks. I had to do that. Something that the admiral had written saved my life and I needed to pay my respects."

She waited for him to say something more but he remained silent. Something happened, that she knew and it probably had to do with the terrorist plot he had been involved in where his partner had been killed. She decided that if he was going to talk, he would do so on his own time, not before. Whatever it was, he had kept it trapped inside for at least four years.

Caitlyn looked around. It was very peaceful there, she appreciated. Whatever the man had written, it had saved Frank's life and for that, she was grateful. Rest in peace, she thought, rest in peace. When they returned home, she resolved to look up the man on the internet.

Frank was still looking at the beach below. "I want to surf the North Shore. I saw a small grocery store in town that rented boards."

"Are you sure? The water's pretty rough."

"That's all right. Don't worry, I'm not going to do anything stupid... not now."

The story of James and Bethany Rose Ewart can be found in "Chocolate Kisses" and "Chocolate Kisses 2"


To be continued...