All Comments on 'Sergeant!'

by Paniolo Boy

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Good opening chapters

I must say, the idea of decking a desk-jockey for getting some of your people killed really apeals to me, being a sergeant in the army myself. I'm currently in afghanistan and I deal with officers like that every f-ing day.

Just one thing, the pretext of how he got into the situation is completely unbelievable... 2 reasons:

1. An officer cannot be busted down to the rank of sergeant, it just can't happen... There is the problem of one rank being a commisioned officer, and the other being an enlisted man. Officers are not enlisted so they do not have a contract. They are also not discharged. They either resign their commissions or have their commisions revoked. If an officer gets into that much trouble, he's just kicked out or jailed. Trust me, I've seen it happen.

2. There's just not enough plausable info behind the main protagonist to justify him being recruited for this mission. It's so far-fetched that it's ludicrous.

On the other hand, the author has probably never been in the military and does not know how either the military or the inteligence community work, so given that he has had to go with as little research as possible given the limited resources at his disposal, I think he has given us a fair try at putting it all forward in as believable manner as possible.

Good work, Paniolo Boy, and I hope to see more from you in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
28mm

A 10mm is the same as a .40 cal so a 28mm is almost 1.20 cal or over an inch in diamiter. just a note otherwise pretty god story so far.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
FN Five seven

The FN Five- Seven is a 5.7mm by 28mm you should chnge that in the story so it reads 5.7. this round is very small, but packs a punch hard enough to penitrate body armor.

check out this for more info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_Five-seven

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Unbelievable

bollocks.

In no man's army would a commissioned officer be "busted down to sergeant" for hitting a superior officer.

The offender would be tried by court martial and if found guilty would be cashiered, i.e. slung out of the army

Ignorance of such basics blows a military adventure out of the water..

joeytheroojoeytherooalmost 7 years ago
Must have BIG pockets

I quite enjoyed this tale, well put together apart from a big blooper.

He was given a gun "an FN 5.7 USG that shot a 28mm round" - over an inch in diameter so I would hate to know how big the rest of it was.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous