Shackled Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A few people in the room chuckled.

"Must be senior if he does nothing but eat donuts," said Hansen. "How do I get to him?"

"Well," said Bonnie, "they don't realize Simon is gone yet. I'm sure he'll make an appearance tonight." She turned to look at Emma. "Maybe we go out there and get him?"

Carl coughed.

"Might be better if you and I go, Bonnie. Maybe Laura as well for insurance." He looked over to Hansen. "I don't think it's a good idea for Liam and Emma to go. What if they get separated....things happen."

He shrugged his shoulders.

"I know what you mean, Carl," said Hansen, "but the quicker we do it, the better. Once we abduct him, we can force him to get us into the building and on to the mainframe and we can be unshackled."

Bonnie's face displayed something that at least resembled a smile. Carl nodded, slowly, but he didn't look convinced.

"Ok," he said. "But I'm coming."

"Good," said Hansen.

Laura Black stood up, startling Paul who was now reveling in sitting next to the glamorous killer. She looked at Hansen with her blue eyes.

You don't think I'd let you do this without me?

"I'm going too," she said. A statement not a request.

Hansen drew in a breath and nodded. Bonnie looked over to Emma and then back to Laura. She smirked and closed her eyes slightly and then looked back to Emma.

Let's see how you handle some competition. Extra competition.

"Ok, it's decided then," said Hansen. "Bonnie, Carl, Laura, Emma and myself will work on getting us unshackled." He looked around. "Jimmy. We need to know about Blaxland. There has to be someone pulling his strings and it will be a corporation. We need to find out who and why...."

He was interrupted.

"Liam...." It was Paul, the youngest. Hansen knew he would be eager to get involved.

"Wait, Paul," he said. "Patience. I was about to get to that. You need to go with Finley. He's going to be preparing some fireworks. You can help him out on that. Finley's shows are always fun."

The kid nodded, happy to be out of the cinema, if only for a while.

"Now, Victor, we need you to talk to Simon. Find out what he and Emma need to finish working on the cure. Then we need a facility. You know how to do that, so just go with your gut. Any questions, call."

Victor nodded. That was enough for Hansen. A nod meant it would all get done.

Hansen turned to the researcher. "Simon, for now, we want you to stay here. You won't be much use out in the field and you're too valuable in case something happens to you."

Simon nodded. "Ok. You're the expert. Emma's alive and well....I was always secretly hoping she was ok, but I had real fears once she was on the run. You guys look like you know what you're doing."

Bonnie snorted and rolled her eyes. It was nearly a laugh, but she held it in.

Hansen stared at her and then looked back to Simon. "Thanks. We try."

He turned his attention back to the group. This felt good.

We're going to be doing something.

"So, everyone clear on what we're doing?" There were nods of agreement all around the room. "Good."

Hansen walked back over to Emma and put his arm around her shoulders.

"Make the most of it, Irish," he said, with a wink. "I know it's a depressing thought, but you'll be unshackled from me soon enough."

Everyone laughed.

Except Bonnie.

She stiffened and folded her arms even tighter.

"Well let's stop fucking around and get on with it," she said. "I suggest we finish eating and then start work."

The mood quietened. Her eyes remained focused on Emma. Again, no mind reading was necessary to understand the message she was sending.

The quicker we get this over and done with, the quicker I can be rid of you.

12