All Comments on 'Shalandra's Peace Ch. 02'

by jester4932

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
KolrinKolrinover 13 years ago
Interesting

A classic take on a fantasy world, but the characters are interesting so far though they are a little stereotypical. That is not directly bad in the beginning, but you have to make them special somehow, or the story will become boring at some point.

I believe characters are the biggest part in what keeps a story interesting so you should maybe give them an extra thought or two. How they develop, more history, etc. but again I would avoid any stereotypes. One good thing is to give them a weakness. From what I've read so far, they are both accomplished thieves and quick risers. That gives them a high start, but you should balance them a bit. Things they neglected due to their fast rise, personal weaknesses, emotional baggage etc.

Also important is the twist, the confrontation, and how it develops. As I said the setting seems fairly classic right now and what would really make it a great story, besides good characters, is a nice and interesting twist, where you can't see the end from miles away and that always keeps surprising you and on your toes as to what happens next when you read it. That is easier then creating an original setting.

Give what I said some thought and if you find it has merit implement it.

Nonetheless I'll lock forward as to how this continues. You did good so far.

sterfryguysterfryguyover 13 years ago
I'm really enjoying this story

This has been great so far. Love the characters and the plot and am looking forward to more. Thank you!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous