All Comments on 'Shame, Shame, Shame...My Ending'

by mikoli5763

Sort by:
  • 68 Comments
frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterover 10 years ago
Terrible

Don't write endings to stories by authors who are far more skilled than you, especially if you clearly don't intend to do anything with the characters like what the other had intended. Wish I could vote less than one star, a horrible conclusion to one of the better stories StangStar has done recently.

mikoli5763mikoli5763over 10 years agoAuthor
Not sure

why the author's note didn't get posted, but I did get stangstar06's permission to write my ending to his story.

He hinted that Danny and Rhonda ended up married in the story that LIT. wouldn't post.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
WHEN ONE STARTS ANEW

its best to go all the way. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
What an incredible pile of shit.

I may not like Starstangs stories but you make him look like a genius. First of all, of its a "small town", as you claim,them how big is the fucking company that gives you a bloody assistant? A small town wouldn't have a multi national company with a CEO that would capitulate so easily. And how the duck many people work there anyway?

After that insult to our intelligence, I had to stop reading because you've convinced me that if I saw you suing of thirst in the desert, I wouldn't give you the sweat off my ass.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 10 years ago
Meh

This wasnt a remarkable story by any measure, but don't let the Stang-fanatics get to you. His work is about on par with this. It's not like you wrote a garbage ending to a work of art...you wrote a barely-adequate ending to a barely-adequate story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nothing interesting here

Just didnt work for me. Not believable.

racoon1174racoon1174over 10 years ago
Why bother

before anybody accuses me of that I am certainly not a stang fanatic. Over the years I've been really disappointed in the fact a writer of his talent can't seem to find a different plot line. However this is utter trash. Like unoriginalist said you took a barely adequate story and wrote an even less adequate epilogue. You can do better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Didn't read the first, so

this made no sense. It was weak and unimaginative.

Rogn123Rogn123over 10 years ago
from reading these LW stories

One has to conclude that Mustang owners are a little weird, but to get an erection from seeing an old mustang is over the top. Its no wonder that the wives and girlfriends cheat on guys who drive mustangs, and that those guys are attracted to women who like to be pissed upon (literally in this story). Its the birds of a feather flocking together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Three words

Rambling, shallow...disappointing

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Rather poor tale.

Shallow, no redeeming grace.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
utter fucking garbage

What's the point in taking other author's work and characters and changing them so drastically? Stang's next posted story after this one on SOL mentioned Dan and his wife Rhonda in regards to shame's rather open ending. You had to change it for the crap you had the nerve to post?

Dan went out of his way to make sure the whole town knew the shit his ex wife and lover boy were up to and even admits to himself he's repulsed by the stuff Becky was doing yet you make him outraged when Rhonda briefly mentions it!

Now while Dan like all of Stang's heroes are mustang nuts, you make the dude out to have some fucked up auto erotic fixation by giving him hardons over an old car! WTF!

Considering how god dammed fucking awful you are with character personalities doing 180 degree turns for no logical reason in every one of your stories maybe you leave other authors work alone. At this point I'd suggest you stick to what your good at but I've no idea what that is tbh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I've said it before and here it is again. This author is one of the most bizarre writers I've ever witnessed her at Lit. The way his train of thought works is so completely opposite to the way mine works that I don't think I'll ever be able to understand one of his characters decisions and how they come about them. I just simply don't agree with or understand any of the ways they go about making decisions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
it sucked when stang wrote it

it still does.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Didn't even bother to read it

When it says 'My Ending', I expect the original story and author to be cited in the open aside.

This just jumped right in, no context, no way for me to go back and check out the original to use as a jumping-off point.

Therefore, one star. Won't even attempt to read what others are saying is a pretty bad tale.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Do we have an SS spoof here?

It couldn't be serious.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
only a brief comment

I think your ending was just fine. As Duna would say, good modern Figaro ending with a protracted romantic revenge exploit! If you have changed the characters any, I think they remained compatible enough, in keeping with Stang's original intent. I'm actually glad he didn't hook-up long term with the Barbie chick. I think that Stang would be happy that his new found love is a mustang gear head. Killing off the ex, in an emotionally charged car accident after the final denouement, was a major cliché, but I think you handled it OK, and it worked within the structure of your plot. So good job, really.

One suggestion I had, is to do what others have done, and provide a brief summary of the original story at the beginning of your new installment. If folks WANT to, they can go back to read the original (some tech savvy authors even provide a link). But lets face it, today I had to read 6 pages of a story I HAD already read once before (but a long time ago), so that I could recall enough info to read your 3 page story today with clarity. If you had provided a brief summary, it would have stimulated the memory banks, and saved readers, like me, some time. This would also be a good place for author's notes, and a discussion on points where you have deviated, or tried to stay the same. It might be extra work, but I think the pay-off comes in reader enjoyment. Something to think about. I think FTDS does a great job in his story continuations. He always includes an introduction that sets the reader up (preparing them, if you will), to distinguish what came before, and for what is to follow. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Very confusing story

As people were added to the story, I found myself going back to see if I had missed the parts that introduced these new characters. And jumping back and forth from each characters narratives was distracting. One thing I am sure of was that Danny was a complete jackass with a capital "J". Nothing to like or admire about how he dealt or treated anyone, including his ex-wife, ex-father-in-law, Amanda, or Rhonda. It was absolutely no surprise when his son didn't want to work for him and moved a long ways away. He's one of those characters that you want to end up dead in a ditch. A truly terrible, disappointing story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Your Danny is a total ass.

In fact the polar opposite of Stangstar's Danny. There are no redeeming traits and no way could this be attributed to the divorce. He is cold towards everyone around him and there is no way Becky or any other female stand to be around misogynist Danny.

Your Danny would have never divorced as ho would most likely be the one cheating. 2 stars... For completely rewriting the Danny character's personality. LostOneThere

greowulfgreowulfover 10 years ago
wandering vomitous mass

Stang is far from the most original writer here, but at least his one-dimensional characters are likeable and his dialogue believeable. This story added nothing to the plot (so he ended up with a different chick and the slut died, who cares?). It took away far more--a decent gentleman turns into a machiavellian borderline woman beater. The original story wasn't great, but this chapter was pure dung.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
Huh

No plot

No conflict

No engaging characters

No clever dialogue

No spicy sex scenes

The best I can say is the grammar and spelling were good...and this is not sufficient. This was dry to the point of dehydration.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Link to the original story

Yes, it's not hard to figure out, but is NOT the reader's job to have to do this. It IS your job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
FD??

Spelling, grammar good??? WTF

I would much rather have an entree than an entry....

If you don't understand this cryptic, read the story again. This is one of many.

Oh the story was typical Mikoli garbage. Danny was changed, to fit his ending.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
Excuse me

In my boredom, I skipped large swaths of prose which seemed irrelevant. I must have missed the miscues.

In comparison to SOME offerings, this was better written than most. Plus, as I've cringed at my own errors, I've become a bit more understanding of other people's mistakes.

firemanlitfiremanlitover 10 years ago

The dialogue was trite and stilted. It would have been nice to have had a reference to the original story.

I do not understand the adoration to the Mustang. Now, if they were discussing bikes, like my Road King Screamin Eagle, I would understand.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Plain and simple garbage

That is all.

DepopuloDepopuloover 10 years ago

What In the EVER FLYING MONKEY FUCKING RETARDED ASS BULLSHIT made you want to take this project on. If your going to take on one of the sights better authors stories, you really should at the very fucking least try to keep the characters intact... this is just shit.

Alof of people like ss06, a lot of people seem not to like ss06, but this is just a fucking insult to ss06

1/5 and a health WTF on top of it.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
This woulkd be better as a standalone -

It is not the best alternate ending idea -

The characters were too stiff here and the killing off of the "bad" guys too easy.= you held true to SS06's stang fetish heh and Becky is a good character on her own so it could make a good alternate story maybe just not an ending -

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
frontlinecaster

StangStar06 gave an open invitation for people to imagine their own endings, writing and submitting them was implied.

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Amanda

Why is she so pissed off?

SHE told Danny that he either had to commit or they had to back off.

She defined the choices, she has no right to be angry that he didn't make the choice she wanted.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Didn't really enjoy this one....

Mostly because I'm not a big fan of the ex dies. I don't know, perhaps because I'd want her to see my life and how well I was doing, rather than having her killed off. It is a weakness I have when writing my own novels.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
OH DANNY BOY

when all the lights are falling...wait and see attitude is adjustable, TK U MLJ LV NV

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
Would have preferred to see Betty not die

She should have had years of watching Danny and Jordan moving on without her.

sugnasugnaabout 10 years ago
Why give Greg a break?

Fuck up my life and I fuck up yours. That is good business. He didn't have the respect of Greg, or his wife. He could have their fear. For a successful business man this is a basic rule. If you do not enforce this rule, the lower members of the pack will come for you and challenge you.

calflashcalflashover 9 years ago
followup

This was one of my favorite SS stories which as usual were complete without a necessary follow up but yours added to the story. Thanks for the submission

impo_60impo_60over 9 years ago
Agree with @sugna...

Agree with @sugna...Why would he forgive the cheating lover? Just because he fuckes his wife too? That's no excuse...And for me he get married to one woman or another doesn't bring nothing new to the story...3* for the Mustangs...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
sad as fuck

stupid bitch threw her life away for some kinky sex DUH 5**

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2almost 8 years ago
5

to offset your crazy ass old ugly fat fag vote of 1

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

PERFECT analyses Jounar and Anonymous 11/26/13

And now I can say that I gave the author my best honest try. 4 stories and just cannot bring myself to try any more.

As I said, he at least tries. I have to give him that. And with English obviously not first language and being hindered by being a completely submissive beta type trying to write alpha, he is doing the best he can.. but I just can't read anymore.

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereover 7 years ago
Gotta be some really fucked, perverted deviant...

if he gets a hard on from seeing a junked up Ford falcon.

Go Hellcat!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Duh

Do you fuck your Mustang. Too much Stanger crap in this story, so this is a shit story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
5 another story anony hated!! This fool is fucking insane

he reads all of these stories and then bitches about them. WHY you ask. They remind in of his sorry ass life and his cheating dead wife. He needs mental help badly! Just laugh at his crazy ass remarks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
OH FOR FUCK SAKES

THE MOST ANNOYING PART OF STORIES LIKE THESE, IS THE ANNOYING FUCKING ANONYMOUS FUCKING COMMENTERS. IF YOUS HATED THE STORY OR IF YOU KNOW WRITERS STYLE OF WRITING, WHY FUCKING READ HIS STORY OR STORIES YOU FUCKING TROLLS

if any trolls would like to trip me, you'd contact me on jonjon7377@gmail.com (as is) and expect a laughing reply

As for the story. I like this story

Top marks

*****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
......

Your stories are all over the place??2792

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Fine Continuation

Good effort on the author’s part, using enough points of the original story; while putting their own touch to it. The ending was believable and true to the “StangStar” style. Thanks to the author for giving us your view of an ending to the story.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Not bad

No one could match FTDS for completing or continuing other's stories, but this wasn't half bad. Good effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
it's really a kindness

when you realize the love of your life is gone forever from your life, and finds you disgusting sexually for having betrayed them..... it's a kindness they got to die in an accident.

imagine being her and living to a long old age. that's rough.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 5 years ago
Nice sequel. Even got the dialogue pretty well matched...

... which is difficult to do.

Bravo. Self qibbling whether it’s 4 or 5-stars.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 5 years ago
Logic error — if he’s 35 and Jordan is 18,...

... then he got Betty pregnant when he was about 16 years old. But they went through college, and Betty met Daniel when she was a senior in college? Then Betty must be ~5 years older than Daniel, and Daniel must have been a child genious to be in college that young. And very cock-sure of himself to go after someone so much older than himself.

Most likely they were both seniors, got married right after college, so 22-23yo. If pregnant on honeymoon, then Jordan born, at youngest, when the coupld is 23-24, putting their present ages, at the very least, at 40-41yo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The Bullitt

Wasn't just green, it was Highland Green, was at last year's Detroit Auto Show as was StangStar with his family. Actually there were two Bullitts, the one McQueen drove and the stunt car. Good job, I would expect it is a difficult endeavor to try to match someone else's style and be true to the characters. None the less a good effort, ignore the assholes that just keep reading and bitching, the only thing I have in common with them is I couldn't write something like this to save my ass either. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
the new wife

I didn't like the demanding and bossy Becky at all.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 4 years ago

Good story, but it would have been better without the 72. Those were the slowest of their generation, as well as the least attractive. A 70 Mach 1 would have been much better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Jordan is a little shit

You kind of skipped over his reaction to his mother's death but from the way he was acting I doubt he was that sad about her death.

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

Danny was a two faced shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Betty's demise cracked me up

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Again. Tough ending for the cheating Betty, but she had no future anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Thanks for sharing...

I’ve read this before, but this is the first time the message in the Ending really clicked in for stupid old me! You did a grate job & I think you made “someone” very happy:)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You seem to be obsessed with death. In your stories, someone always has to die or be murdered, somtimes horribly. You should get some help and you will always 1 star from me for lack of anything less!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nothing like stangstar. Its was boring, zero emotions. This didn't give me stangstar vibes. It was just ehh, nothing I'd read again. Then you killed off betty, why?. Just a mess

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

If Danny can be happy with Betty's blood on his hands, he's a heartless ass. Becky and Destiny best be prepared for when he turns on them for some unforgivable sin as well. The son is smart to keep his distance. He knows the kind of man that is his father.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Are you nuts; “Betty’s blood on his hands?”

Life is bad enough with betrayer’s not accepting the consequences for their self-serving behavior.

She did not ever want him back—she was willing to stew her guilt with his in an effort to assuage her pain.

EFF her! She’s in hell, constantly bitching about the tanker driver for pulling out in front of him.

Just as she displaces blame on others, she has earned a lifetime of her displacement.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I tried as best I could to enjoy this but it was just too average and didn't float my boat. After the first page and a half I was just skimming through it. The MC was a touch too 'holier than thou' for my liking and the others simply didn't engage me. 3 stars.

Ocker53Ocker53over 1 year ago

This story is very average and that’s being kind⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This continuation of stangstar's original story turns Danny into someone it is difficult to like. Despite ending up far better in the divorce than did Betty, he cannot even bring himself to be gracious in his dealings with her. He should feel shame about her death. I'd start looking for a new job if I were in his shoes. Betty's death will haunt her parents, and it's doubtful they would want him running their business once the acute shock of her burning to death passes. The way Danny used and dumped Amanda was dispecable. In short, Danny is a sanctimonious prick who got shat upon by life and responded by slinging more shit in return, splattering the innocent and vindictively harming the guilty. How wonderful that he is such a guiding force in his son's life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I stopped reading after he defended the slut to the teacher. No man would say that he still had love for that thing. The teacher was right when she said it was disgusting!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

"I again thought to myself that life was good and even though parts of it had been painful, very painful; I wouldn't change a thing about it if I could."

He wouldn't change the fact his ex-wife, distraught after a conversation with him, drove her car into the path of a tanker trailer and was killed? He wouldn't have tried to help her calm down more before she got behind the wheel? What a narcissistic PRICK.

26thNC26thNC29 days ago

Good story with a lot of cars. Not much conflict to spice it up. Read like a book report.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous