She Reminds Me Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

David shrugs and answers. "Gerry was...a friend. You look a lot like her in the face, and your hair color. But you're shorter, more petite..." He flinches and reaches down to grab his leg. I assume my client has just kicked him under the table. He frowns. "And I have a big mouth; I shouldn't have said anything..."

My client nods his head. "Yeah, you shouldn't have."

I smile. "No, I'm intrigued. What happened to Gerry?"

David glances over to my client who has shrugged then looks back at me. "She died in a car accident."

I nod slowly, looking at my client. "I'm sorry. You never got the chance to tell her how much you loved her."

My client meets my eyes, his are shimmering with sadness that he trusts me to see and understand. After a moment I see his eyes cloud over and he shakes his head a little before taking a long pull from his drink. "Yeah. Something like that."

David shifts uncomfortably in his seat. There is a small band in the corner and they began to play soft music. He looks over onto the dance floor then to me. "Would you care to dance, Evelyn?"

I smile but look over at my client for approval. David seems harmless but I have a jealous client to attend to. Thankfully he waved his hand at me with a wink. "Go ahead. Enjoy yourselves."

"Then I would love to, David."

"I just thought that if I kept my feet moving maybe they wouldn't get caught in my mouth."

I laugh and take his hand. We walk over to the floor and begin to sway in time. He gently puts his hands on my hips and we slow dance to the music. I comment on how good he is and he shrugs. "I can cut a rug every now and then."

"So, David. Are you seeing anybody?"

He sighs. "I just got out of a bad relationship, but I am seeing someone...nothing serious though."

I nod. "Is she hot?"

He laughs. "'He' is."

"Well, 'he's' lucky to have met you."

"You don't even know me." His expression turns hard yet he winks at me. "For all you know I could be a psycho killer. Or worse, a lawyer."

I laugh. "You're right. I don't know you. Not yet, anyway, but I have a gut feeling you're an ok guy. "

His face breaks out with a huge smile. "Ah, well. Maybe you do know me then. By the way, I am a lawyer." He twirls me around and I laugh, but I sober up quick when I get a view of the entrance. I'm shocked to see the Liam I had hoped not to see standing in the doorway. I turn my head as quick as I can, and hope he hasn't seen me. David is still talking to me but I'm lost in thought.

"We're having fun. He's fun to be around..." David pauses when he sees my expression. "Are you ok?"

I glance back at Liam. He doesn't seem to notice me as he walks towards the table where my client sits. I lick my lips nervously and try to focus on what David is saying. "I'm sorry, what?"

He frowns. "Are you ok? You're trembling."

I smile halfheartedly and nod. "I'm fine, just hungry."

"Ah, well, let's make our way back then, shall we?"

"I think I'll go to the ladies room first. Meet you there."

"All right."

I walk quickly to the restroom and open up the last stall and shut the door behind me, leaning against it. I can't believe my bad luck. Just when I was getting comfortable with this client he ends up being friends with my last abusive one. I shudder, thinking maybe this was a setup, maybe they are in Cahoots...I shake my head and try to get a grip. Of course I can't be sure, but something tells me that this new client isn't a bad guy. He's gentle and careful. He cares about me in a physical way. I just don't think he can hurt me like Liam did.

I take a deep breath before walking out of the stall. I check my reflection. I look pale but otherwise fine. I walk back out into the restaurant towards our table. Liam is seated away from me and I am seated next to him. I decide to walk over to my client. "Would you like to introduce me?"

I see Liam's face freeze over the menu before looking up with a disbelieving face. He raises his eyebrows and looks from me to my client.

My client looks up at me and smiles. "Evelyn, this is Liam. Liam, Evelyn."

Liam stands and offers me his hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Evelyn."

I walk around to take his hand and firmly shake it. I'm not about to appear weak. He would enjoy that too much. I manage to say, "Likewise," in a cool voice before sitting next to him.

Our meals get here and Liam orders his. It's all I can do not to choke when he says he'll have what my client's having. David looks at me with a concerned face but I smile reassuringly at him and try to force down a bite. The food is delicious but I can't seem to enjoy it.

Liam turns to look at me and asks if he can try a bite. I feel trapped but I nod my head and slide my plate over to him. He takes his fork and slices off a piece. He looks at me as he chews; a smug look on his face. "Mmm, delicious. Maybe I should have ordered that instead."

I force a smile, my stomach churning as I watch him swallow. "I'm not sure I'll be able to finish mine, you're welcome to have what's left."

He smiles and lays a hand on my knee. "You're so generous."

I try to resist the urge to fling Liam's hand off of me.

David clears his throat and groans. "Oh, I am stuffed. Evelyn, would you like to dance some more?"

I wasn't sure I would be able to stand, let alone dance, but I was grateful for an excuse to leave the table. "Sure, David."

I stand and follow David out on the dance floor. This time the music is a little faster and we pick up our movements. I'm impressed with his style and grace and tell him as much, he just shrugs.

"I used to do this regularly...My ex loved it."

I nod. "Does your new boyfriend like to dance?"

David furrows his brow and shakes his head. "We've never danced...not that I don't want to. We've just never had the opportunity."

I smile. "I think you should definitely find an opportunity. You'll knock his socks off."

David laughs. It's a deep rumble this time; starting down in his belly and working its way up. It causes me to laugh. "I'll do that."

Just as I'm about to forget that Liam is here, David brings him up. "You know Liam, don't you?"

I bite my lip and try to think of how to answer.

"It's ok. I won't tell anyone. Your secret's safe. I can tell you don't like him that much."

I let out a quiet, nervous laugh. "That's an understatement."

"Ah. I thought so. Liam's a bastard. Always has been..."

I smirk up into David's kind face. "I don't really want to talk about it."

David raises his eyebrows. "Of course not. I just wanted you to know you have a friend."

"Thank you. When the time comes, I'll talk about it."

"I want you to know that we aren't really friends with Liam because we think he's a good guy, it's more because we've known each other since kindergarten."

I want to laugh; David is so sweet and considerate. It's been a long time since I've met someone like that. He reminds me of Jack. "You don't have to defend your friendship with him. He and I are only acquaintances."

A slower song starts up and I lean my head on David's shoulder, trying to calm my nerves. I close my eyes and think about New York. As I relax I can feel someone walking up towards us on the dance floor. I open my eyes expecting to see my client but I see Liam instead. He walks up behind David and taps him on the shoulder.

"Mind if I cut in?"

I lift my head up and smile at David reassuringly. "I'm sure David could use a rest."

David frowns and reluctantly lets me go. Liam takes my hand and wraps an arm around my waist. I can't stop my heart from racing. His cologne is overpowering, and I fight the urge to cough. My eyes start to water.

He whispers into my ear. His soft, shoulder length, light brown hair tickling my cheek. "I told you we'd meet again, sweet Evie."

"Liam, does he know..."

Liam pulls back and smiles down into my face, but the smile never reaches his cool green eyes. "Of course not. He doesn't have a clue, and he never will; will he?"

I nod slowly. He grips my hand a little tighter.

"Did he tell you about Gerry?"

I wince and try to recall who he is talking about. The girl I look like. "A little."

"Well, he didn't know her like I did."

I furrow my brow. "What do you mean?"

Liam chuckled. "I'm sure he failed to mention that I was married to Gerry. And before our divorce papers were final he slept with her. He thinks I didn't love her like he did...but he's wrong."

I shake my head. If Liam was married to Gerry why did he abuse me the way he did? "Why are you two still friends?"

He leans down and whispers into my ear, "Because he feels guilty. She died in a car crash on her way back to me. You see, we were going to get back together. She was pregnant with my child."

I shudder. "You can't forgive her, can you?"

Liam's eyebrows rise. "She's dead. It doesn't matter anymore."

"Yet you chose to violate her memory."

Liam grins. "Don't give yourself too much credit, Evie. You're nothing like her."

I don't know why, but when he says that it feels like a slap in the face. The song ends and I try to break free from Liam's grip. He lets me go reluctantly and I walk back to our table. I look at my client and ask if we can go home. He nods and lays down some money to cover the bill and tip then stands. Liam walks up to him, gripping his elbow, and whispers something into his ear. My client seems to turn a shade paler and frowns. I wish I could hear what Liam's saying but I will have to wait until I get in the car to ask.

David hugs me and kisses me on the cheek. "It was a pleasure meeting you, Evelyn."

"Thank you, David. You're a great dancer."

Liam smiles and waves, sitting down to finish his meal.

My client hugs David then walks me out the door. Once we get inside the car, I ask what Liam said to him. He shrugs and says it's nothing.

I look down to the floor, trying not to worry. Liam didn't want my client to know about us so it had to be something else. My client is quiet the entire ride back to the hotel. Once we get inside I'm surprised when he grabs my arms and presses me up against the door, kissing me hard. When he's through, I ask him breathlessly, "What was that for?"

He licks his lips and smiles. "I've wanted to do that all afternoon." He lets me go and walks towards the bed, kicking off his shoes as he goes. He sprawls out on the bed and unbuttons his shirt. "David really liked you."

I press my swollen lips together and nod. "He's a nice guy."

He smiles. "What did you think of Liam?"

I freeze in my tracks but recover and resume walking towards the bed. "He's ok." I pull my shirt over my head and join him on the bed, laying my head down on his bare chest.

"Ok? You don't like him?" I can hear a smile in his voice.

I shrug my left shoulder. "I don't know." I want to tell him the truth but I'm afraid of what he'll think of me.

He kisses my forehead. "Well, I don't like him that much, either."

I smile and kiss his chest.

"I need to go and practice. Sound check and stuff. Do you want to come?"

"If you want me to, I will."

"All right then. Let's take a small nap and then head out around 6p.m."

"Sure." I listen to his heartbeat slow down and his breathing becoming shallow. I couldn't go to sleep. All I could think about was Liam.

*****

I watch as my client sings a beautiful song about lost love. It is slow and moving. His fingers move deftly over the ivory piano keys. His back is turned to me, so I can't see his face, but I imagine his eyes are closed. I close my eyes and listen to the slight echo of his powerful voice filling the huge empty auditorium.

When the song is finished I walk to the dressing room and begin to undress. I want to be ready when he comes. I have just gotten down to my bra and panties when I hear someone knock. I quickly put on my red silk robe and open the door.

When I see Liam standing there, wearing a leather jacket and dark sunglasses, I panic. "What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to say goodbye. I'm leaving in a few hours."

I keep my hands on the door, placing myself between the opening. "I'll let him know. Have a safe trip."

Liam laughs and tries to touch my face. I lean my head back to avoid contact. He smiles and takes off his sunglasses. "Do you really think I can leave without a goodbye kiss?"

"If you touch me I'll scream."

The smile dies on his face and my stomach drops. "No. You won't."

He grabs my arms and shoves me knocking me onto the floor, the air leaves my lungs and I gasp trying to breathe. I recover too late and he is on top of me before I can cry out, his hand covering my mouth.

"Shh...don't say a word. You're going to do exactly what I say. Understand?"

I try to shake my head but he is holding me too tightly. With his legs pinning me to the ground and his left hand still covering my mouth, he puts his right hand into his pocket and pulls out a small switchblade. He presses his knuckles against my cheek and releases the blade. "You remember this, don't you?"

I close my eyes and whimper. I begin to shake uncontrollably. I feel like I have never left his hotel room two months ago. All of my suppressed memories are rushing back. The forced rough sex, the beatings, the blood...

"It's ok, baby. I won't hurt you. Because you know better now."

I open my eyes to see his glassy green ones staring at me, boring right through me. I struggle against him but I know I won't be able to overpower him. I become limp under him and he loosens his grip on my mouth.

He looks down at my exposed legs and traces the scar on my right thigh gently with the tip of his blade. "A souvenir from last time. It turned out beautiful, Evie." He presses the blade down a little less gently and removes his hand from my mouth. "If you're good I won't make a matching one on the other side."

I nod my head, resigning to the inevitable. I just want to get this over with. "What do you want?"

Liam smiles and licks his lips. "Many things...but right now I want a blowjob. I've dreamed about your mouth, and I haven't found an equal substitute yet."

"I'm sure Freddy can find you someone who would be as good if not better than me."

He laughs. "No, Freddy won't return my calls. And besides, I want 'your' cocksucker's mouth." He stands up and I rise to my knees. I know I have no choice but to do what he says. I pray it won't take long. I know how to get him off quick. Hopefully that will be good enough.

He starts to unbutton his pants then pauses as he gets the zipper down. He cocks his head and looks me up and down. "I want you naked."

I close my eyes, swallow and nod slowly, slipping off my robe and unbuttoning my bra while kneeling. I have to stand to slide my panties off. Liam watches with a cocky smile and his eyes are dilated. He is probably drunk or high. He licks his lips and reaches out for one of my breasts. There is a knock on the door before he can touch me.

"Is anyone in there? It's David."

My eyes go wide in shock. I know this is my only chance; I have to scream. I open my mouth but Liam is quicker. He grabs me, shoving me up against the wall and kisses me.

The door opens and David walks in. "Liam? What are you...?"

Liam has the blade of his knife pressed against my back. He breaks the kiss with a smile and whispers against my ear, "Next time, love." The blade is retracted and he pushes off of me. He turns around to face David. I'm still standing against the wall, painfully aware of my nudity and how this looks.

David shakes his head and frowns. "Evelyn? What's going on?"

Liam laughs and shakes his head. "You didn't know? Evie's a whore." He turns to wink at me. "It was a pleasure."

David stares at me in shock as Liam leaves. I feel petrified but I know I can't just stand there. I walk over to where my robe is on the floor, kneel down to pick it up and put it on as quickly as I can manage while shaking with humility and rage. I want to plead with him but I know it won't do any good. He barely knows me, yet he's been friends with Liam and my client for years. It doesn't take a genius to figure out whose side he'll choose.

David's eyes seem to soften for a moment and then he closes them. "I don't want to believe what I just saw. Please tell me this isn't what it seems."

I know I can't lie anymore. I have to come clean about who I am before explaining about my history with Liam. "I'm a prostitute. A high-end call girl. I was hired for the month..."

David's eyes open slowly and he doesn't seem shocked. He looks at me and nods. "I figured that out. Is Liam your client too?"

My stomach muscles clench and I hug my waist. "He was my last client. I didn't know that he was a...friend, or I would never have accepted this job." I step closer and swallow. "Liam was abusive and I had to force myself to get back to work after what he did to me. He came here tonight and forced himself on me with a knife." I reveal the scar on my thigh and whisper, "He said he would make a matching one on the other side if I didn't do what he wanted."

David clenches his fists and walks out the door. I'm not sure if he is angry at me or Liam, so I don't follow. I pick up my underwear and slip on my panties and bra. I lock the door and get dressed. If David tells my client what happened I'll be fired and I want to be fully clothed when that happens.

There is a knock on the door when I finish putting on my shoes. "Who is it?"

"It's me, Evelyn. Let me in."

My client sounds tired but not angry. I open the door and let him in. He smirks at me and walks over to the bar to pour himself a drink. He sits down on a stool seated in front of his vanity, takes a sip and frowns. "Why are you dressed?"

"I want to see you perform tonight. I've never seen you sing before." I try to force a smile but I know it looks faked. Thankfully he doesn't notice and laughs. I have never heard him laugh before; it is a nice surprise and makes me feel a little better.

He sits down his drink and props his elbows on his knees. He looks up at me with a twinkle in his eyes. "I'm not a vain person...or at least I hope I'm not, but when Fred told me that, I was a little taken aback. Of course, I'm thrilled you didn't have a predisposed opinion of me before we met but...it was a reality check for me. Even though I sell millions of records and my face is plastered on every tabloid magazine, there are still people who don't know me."

"Well, you're not my first celebrity but you are my first musician." I laugh a little, but it sounds hollow to my ears. It is hard for me to pretend I wasn't just assaulted less than ten minutes ago. I'm debating telling him, but I don't want to upset him before the concert. I will tell him afterward.

"You look upset, love. What's wrong?"

I realize that I need to be happy for him. This is going to be his last concert in L.A. I shake my head and give him a lopsided grin. "I'm just a little tired. I couldn't fall asleep earlier." I walk over to him and sit down on his knee and whisper in his ear. "You know, since this is my first time, you had better be good."

He chuckles then kisses me. "Maybe I'll get lucky tonight."

His arms wrap around my waist. I feel secure and sigh out, "If you're good...maybe." I lean my head against his shoulder, hoping to be able to enjoy the concert and dreading the inevitable argument later.

*****

I'm seated next to the stage, away from the crowd but close enough to see my client perform. He sung ten songs and the crowd was chanting, "Love song! Love song!" I assume they want him to sing a love song. I don't realize which one they are referring to until he sits down to play the piano. He has been singing fast, upbeat numbers all night but this is the first time he has sat down to play the instrument.

The crowd cheers after he plays the first chord. He pauses and the crowd goes crazy. He exhales a little into the mike. "I'm glad you want me to play this song. I actually wrote this one so, it means a lot to me."