Silver Moon: A Change Ch. 10

Story Info
Pack moves back and Dan takes pups to town.
12.2k words
4.75
14.1k
16

Part 12 of the 29 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 04/20/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
maxd01
maxd01
656 Followers

This is a pure work of fiction and all aspects are from my own imagination though some parts will probably sound similar depending on how much fantasy reading you have done.

If you have any problems with what I am typing let me know but if you are only going to give crappy feedback as in 'it sucks' then go frost yourself and hope you need a new wanker... Now if you have some positive feedback please let me know.

Oh and a few things you might notice, most of the characters are not going to be some hot rockin' stud who looks like Adonis. Can you say over used and over played? Also if I ever have a set of dueling tongues I might just shoot myself. Every time I come across that I can't help but see them facing off at 20 paces with guns and that is just wrong...

Normally I have somaluna do the editing on this but it has taken me so long to actually knock it out one of my other friends on the site did the edit. I want to thank Pocketbooklover for taking the time to check and edit this chapter. I do want to apologize for the very long delay but with various medical issues I just was to tired to really be creative. I am also working on the next chapter of my other story for those that are following it as well.

Chapter 10

The dinner went smoothly or as smoothly as possible taking into consideration there were a number of Kitsune, Wolf spirits, not lycans, Coyote Spirits and God knew how many others. There were also a large number of humans as well. He had discovered that even though the Kitsune's sort of owned and ran the country there were humans and other spirit animals in all levels of Government. They only place they weren't in power was as the actual clan leader.

Dan also discovered Alysson's husband was human but had been turned into a Kitsune by some method and he assumed it was their version of being bitten by your mate if you were a lycan. Thankfully, he was able to keep his expression neutral or the one with a slight smile most of the time. The other Alpha's were there as well and both he and Ben kept getting glared at, other than by Alpha Granger, and Dan mentally nudged Ben who turned and let his eyes turn color and pressed his power against them.

That got a flinch from two of the three and they lifted their chins in submission and Dan was hoping Ben wouldn't have as many problems. In a way it would probably be easier for him since he hadn't lost his mate and cubs as well as losing his pack. He was distracted when a server came with some drinks and when she winked at him he rolled his eyes and held his cup up. From the looks of it she was one of the wolf spirit animals since she was in a mid-form with wolf style ears and a tail.

*Damn Ben, I'm going to be so glad to get back to the pack. Fewer winks and offers.* She wandered off but not till she ran her tail down his leg which almost caused him to choke. *Alysson, I'm going to hide in my room for the rest of the day I think.* That was after one of the male servers hit on him as well.

Both Ben and Sheliae laughed at his reaction to that. *They're reacting to your power as lead Alpha. Even though Jon and Alysson are mated you'll notice they get extra attention as well as some of the other senior clan or pack members. Some is physical attraction and others are drawn to the power.*

Alysson frowned slightly since she wasn't really sure if Mari and Sheliae were some effect of his coming over. That would be the last thing they needed: someone else's clan or pack member getting pregnant by him. *Well, that was a cute young male flirting with you. He would be safe.* There was just a hint of spite in that. She knew that Gettie had been with him and the spirits already told her she didn't have anything to worry about thank god.

Dan growled back at her and then grinned. *Just for that...* Ben and Sheliae were snickering as they turned back to the food. Eventually there was plenty of dancing and he had a few more offers and finally decided to take the lady who had been serving him up on her offer. "Um, before we do anything", he blushed, "are you in heat? I already have two sets of twins expected soon and don't need any more. Besides if it did happen Alysson might remove my tail."

The woman laughed and leaned closer. "Not even close, though it might be interesting to have your pups." She snickered as he turned red. "We have heard about your pups," she frowned, "Well lady Marissa's pups. Who is the other mother?" When he turned even redder her ears really perked up.

"I'm not going to talk about that since it is her choice to come out with it till it becomes obvious." He smiled and pulled her close before stroking her tail lightly. "I would greatly enjoy spending an evening with you. I think one or two other females might pout but they will live." Eventually they made it to his rooms.

~~~

The next day after he woke up and gave the girls a kiss, he didn't want to ask how that happened and changed back to his normal clothes. The dress robes weren't that bad but he felt weird with his legs exposed. The swords had been returned as well and he was ready to go home but there were a few things he needed to discuss with Alysson. The more he thought about it the longer the list grew: how they were going to handle the fact that he was now a clan member but as lead Alpha wasn't under her command; how Ben was going to be dealt with since he was now the lead Alpha for her territory but reported to Dan; and finally, they needed to cover his two pups Paulo and Sylvia. He could tell over the bonds that though that man was good for her she was in no way ready to go back to the pack which meant he was going to have to consider how to handle that as well.

Dan walked down to the dining area and grabbed a large plate of food and settled down next to Alysson and Jon. "Morning, we need to talk after breakfast if you have time. I want to talk about Ben and my pups that are being treated." He forked up a large amount of food and started eating. The food was good but he was ready to go back home.

Alysson nodded since her mouth was full and Jon responded. "We sort of figured that and we do need to talk." Jon took a bite and chewed it meditatively, as Alysson finished her mouthful.

"Agreed, we do need to talk and figure out some things. After breakfast though and how was your night?" she asked with a grin.

Dan blushed. "Not sure how, but I ended up with two ladies in my bed but..." He grinned at her. "Neither are in heat so we shouldn't have to worry about any oops's." He got an eye roll for that.

Eventually breakfast was over and they walked to her offices and he settled down in one of the chairs after pouring himself a cup of coffee. He leaned back and took a sip and smiled. "I have really enjoyed being here but I am ready to go home. It might not be as nice as here but it is my place."

Alysson smiled. "I understand and what do you want to talk about? I know what has happened has sort of tossed you for a loop." She settled next to Jon and leaned against him.

Dan sighed and rubbed one temple. "First, I have broken my old pack in half and going to take half back and sort of farm them out to the other packs to ensure they are being run as best as possible. As far as Ben, I'm going to break the bond with him. I plan on forming a ruling council for the packs on the west coast to standardize the rules for packs and control them."

He gave her a solid look. "As far as my pups I intend to leave them here under Geoff's leadership to finish the healing. Sylvia is still not all there and though she is better I figure she is going to need more time to get to the point where she can come back to the pack." God he wanted this year to be over with. He needed some time to actually settle down and figure things out.

Alysson was rather startled since she had expected Dan to keep control of all the packs that were looking to him. "That was not something I expected but it does make sense. You will have our country and yours as part of the council and I am sure we can talk the packs to the north to join in. Going south is going to be your responsibility and hopefully it will work out. I think it would be good to stabilize the packs on the west coast."

Dan growled. "My first job is going to be removing an Alpha just south of our borders." There was a definite snarl to his voice since that was the one that had almost destroyed Sylvia. "He is not going to live much longer." His eyes were as yellow as possible short of shifting. His anger and rage could be felt through the room and he had to close his eyes and take several slow breaths before he did something stupid like changing.

~~~

Rob was tasked with taking care of the pack house while the rest of the pack was at the Silver Kitsune estates. He had heard of them before and knew they were connected with Silver Fox Inc. They dealt with high tech issues, both in general and on the high tech equipment market.

Rob normally didn't do jobs that dealt with missing kids if for no other reason he hated dealing with abuse pictures or scenes and he could imagine the pictures without any real problems since he had seen a great deal of abuse over the years. He was an older lycan and till the former Alpha had taken over he had a pretty decent life. Once he had taken over things had definitely taken a turn for the worse till Dan had shown up. Rob was taking the new Alpha with a grain of salt but from what he had seen he was serious about his rules and it was good to see. The last Alpha had taken over through poison or some other method and it hadn't been a good set of years.

When Dan had asked him to stay back and watch the house and territory he had been forced to think about it and finally agreed. He hadn't realized it but the training Dan had been giving him was far better than any other he had received. He was a decent fighter to begin with and Dan had honed some of his skills to a fairly decent degree. Once everyone was gone he started making routine checks of the nearby property. Dan would have been proud to see how hard he was working to make sure the nearby territory was protected.

Granted Dan should have left one or two more people behind but he simply hadn't felt comfortable with that. Rob was a good wolf and very solid in how he dealt with things. Dan simply hadn't expected there to be any problems or he would have. In this case problems happened that he never even considered.

Rob was outside and relaxing on the porch when a vehicle pulled up and he almost groaned since it was one of the three asshole Alphas the packs contained. He stood up and nodded respectfully to the man and got a growl back.

"Where is Alpha Legarith? I need to talk to him." The man demanded and didn't bother with any sort of nod, bow, or other sign of respect for the senior wolf's pack member. He didn't like Dan and didn't like the changes he initiated.

"I am sorry Alpha but he is not available. I will inform him that you wish to talk to him." That wasn't apparently a good enough answer since the Alpha snarled at him. Rob didn't approve of that since Dan was in charge and that male should know that. "If you don't like that answer I will accept the challenge and inform my Alpha of the results." Rob was not going to accept any challenges to his Alpha. Dan had taught him well how to be a good Alpha and this man was a piece of crap. He wasn't as bad as the former Alpha but he still wasn't that good.

The Alpha snarled and then looked at his Beta who had driven him there. "Pay attention while I kick his ass. When I do and kill him for being a pain in the ass you will tell that pain in the ass Alpha Legarith that it was a proper challenge."

Rob growled back. "Fine, let's go to the challenge ring." He stalked over to the ring and stripped down and waited for the other man to do the same. The other man only took off his shirt and undershirt and faced him.

The fight was short and when Rob finished he was shocked to realize the other was dead, he had twisted his neck hard enough to break it and was staring at the beta. "And? Are you going to challenge me?" Rob knew what his kill had done, he was now the Alpha of the pack whose Alpha he had just killed.

The beta was more shocked than he was and could only stare at him. "Don't move, I am going to let Alpha Legarith know that I have taken over your pack." Oh Lady, what was his Alpha going to do? He moved into the house and tentatively settled in Dan's chair since he had to make a call. He dialed the number to the Silver Kitsune clan and closed his eyes. "Hi, I need to get in touch with Danilo Legarith and it is important."

Lady, it was very important that he got a hold of him. "Please wait a moment and I will find him for you Sir." There was some generic hold music for several minutes before Dan picked up.

"What do you need Rob? Is everything okay down there?" Dan had made sure that Rob knew how to contact him and how to get a hold of him.

"Alpha, I have a problem..." Rob closed his eyes and grimaced. "I killed the Alpha of the Farzion pack. That makes me the new Alpha right?" That was not an admission he wanted to make. Dan was a great Alpha but he had a feeling that this was going to get him beat on.

Dan froze for a moment and then beat his head on the desk for a few moments. "You have to be joking right?" That was not what he needed being away from home. At least, if he was joking, it was after Mari's intro dinner. If he had to go back all that was needed was him and not his entire pack.

"I am sorry Alpha but it is the truth. He was challenging you via me and I had to take care of it. What do I do?" Rob was feeling very stressed at this point.

"God..." Dan considered and finally replied. "I am going to have Tony send a few people over and watch the house and you are going to have to go and take over that pack. You are the Alpha now and I will see about getting down there as soon as possible." He hung up and rubbed his temples. "God help me that was not what I needed."

Since he had been called to Alysson's office she had heard the entire conversation. "Do you need to go back Dan? I can have you flown down there as soon as possible." The spirits knew what they were doing but it could be hard on the people in the real world.

Dan sat back in the chair and took a deep breath. "Crap, this is not what I really needed. Yes I needed to remove that asshole but right now is not the best time. Can I get a month or two off? I really need it." That was almost a whine. "I think it is time for the entire pack to go back including the part of the old pack I am taking with me."

Alysson picked up the phone and made a quick call and had two planes scheduled to leave that afternoon. "Do what is needed Dan and we can continue this conversation via mail and phone. Lady be with you Dan." She stood and gave him a good hug. "It has been enjoyable getting to know you Dan. Go with grace."

Dan bowed slightly and smiled. "Thank you Alysson and Jon. I will and hope you have fair winds and following seas." He left the room and mentally called Ben. *I need you to come to my rooms for a few minutes.* He had to break the bonds so they could actually form the council. It wouldn't go over very well if he still had control over Ben when they formed it.

Ben came to Dan's rooms and after knocking walked in. "What can I do for you Dan?" He settled in a chair across from Dan and looked rather expectant.

"I am going to break the bond with you Ben. I plan on forming a council like we had in our world; I think it will be good for us. Alysson has suggested she might be able to talk the northern packs to join as well, it is territory that she doesn't control. If we can get the west coast packs under our control, it would be a good thing. To accomplish this I have to break the bonds with you. You will be lead Alpha of Alysson's territory and will not report to me."

Ben leaned back and contemplated Dan and what he had to say. That was going to be a huge change for him. He would be going from a beta of Dan's pack to lead Alpha of the packs in the local area. He would be reporting to Alysson as well. "Are you sure about this Dan?" He honestly wasn't sure if he was ready for such responsibility.

Dan leaned forward and gave him a very direct look. "Yes, Ben I am. You have been ready to be an Alpha for several years, there just wasn't a pack for you to run. I know you, I trust you and you will be a good lead Alpha and you will do fine. I will always be available to answer questions for you as needed."

Breaking the bonds was as horrible as expected and left him with a headache. Even on the flight home he had a headache but once there he was so pleased to be back. "To all of my original pack this is our home and we will see about expanding it to include you and your mates. For the time being the kids are going to need to stay in the pup's room." It was going to be tight but they could do it for the short term.

"We will have to open some of the rooms that have been closed for some time to make room for everyone but that will only take a day or two." Dan told them as they pulled up to the manor. They had been forced to hire a number of cabs to get everyone home but he felt good being there. It was his new home but it meant a great deal to him. "Angie, if you can show the new members to the old wing and the kids to the pup's rooms I would appreciate it."

She called on Aiden for help since he was her mate and eventually they were sorted out for the most part. Dinner was going to be mostly sandwiches since they hadn't really planned on being home quite this soon but it would work.

~~~

Dan was sitting in the office glaring at the wall. Granted the wall hadn't done anything recently to piss him off but he was definitely feeling grumpy and itchy. It wasn't near the full moon so it wasn't that and his wolf had been out for a good run just a few days go so it wasn't that either. For the moment Dan had sent two of his most senior wolves with Rob to ensure the turn over went as well as possible. Dan hadn't gone since he needed to give Rob time to consolidate control before he went out. He didn't like that idea but anything else would make it look like he had pushed for this. Now they had to look forward to a series of challenges the change of command caused.

That was when Saul walked in and almost got snapped at and Dan had to take a slow deep breath and turned to look at him. "What do you need?"

Saul froze at the door since he could tell by scent alone that Dan was not happy. His jaw was tense and he had his arms crossed and was staring at the wall across from his desk. He would need to be careful but as long as he was respectful he knew by now that Dan wasn't going to hurt him. "Good morning Dan, I have the purchase form for the food that needs to be picked up. It is ready whenever you are ready to send someone."

Dan swiveled his chair around and contemplated the man and then a slow grin crossed his face. "Why that sounds like a lovely idea. Let me have the request and I will take care of this for you. I want to go to town anyways so I can take care of it while I am there." For some reason his grumpy mood vanished and he was grinning again.

Saul almost had to blink since normally his Alpha wasn't quite that quick to change moods and had to wonder why but shook it off. "Not a problem Boss and I can be ready to go in just a few minutes." The last few times he and Dan had gone to get the supplies they wandered around town a bit to give Dan a feel for it.

"Don't worry about it Saul. I have a couple of stops to make and no reason to mess your day up." He took the paper reviewing it before signing it and pulling a stash of money out. "I will be back sometime this afternoon, should be before dinner but don't hold it if I am a bit late." Dan hopped up and with a cheerful whistle, the first one for a long time; he headed to his room to change to his town clothes.

maxd01
maxd01
656 Followers