Silver Moon: A Change Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Saul had to shake his head as Felanzi walked in and she was grinning. "Okay, who the hell was that and what did you do with our Alpha?" Dan had been on edge for the last week and even before that a bit out of sorts. She was pretty sure he was missing having Mari around not to mention that Fox he had been sleeping with.

"Um, I'm not sure? I came to get the food request approved and he took it from me and told me he would be back later." He was really confused since normally the Alpha wouldn't do things like that. It might be he was used to getting off the reservation and though Dan rarely talked about it they knew that he lived in town where he had come from.

~~~

Dan had almost made it out of the house when Giani tackled him, well attacked one leg and wrapped her arms around it and gave it a big hug. "Morning Dan, whacha doin?" She knew that when he dressed this way he was going to town.

Julia was walking past and shook her headHe. "You know what he is doing and you shouldn't keep your Alpha from his work. You need to go back to the pups room since I think Shannon and Nancy have some things for all of you to do." Some days she didn't know what she was going to do with her little girl. She was going to be an Alpha and even as young as she was Julia could feel her budding power impacting on her. She was so glad Dan liked her and was able to keep her somewhat corralled.

Dan smiled at both of them. "Yup, I am going to town to get some food and do a bit of shopping. I am finally to the point where if I don't replace that desk I am likely to destroy it." It was gaudy, way to engraved and carved, and just didn't fit who Dan was.

Giani snickered at his comment. "Can I go with? I's never been to town and know that my Alpha can protect me." She gave him her best sad puppy dog look and Dan rolled his eyes.

Out of his entire pack there were three that worked in town and he was slowly encouraging others to maybe try it. He doubted any of them had been to town more than a few times over the years and that just wasn't good. If he could get some interested in maybe working or starting a business or two it would be good for the pack as well.

Dan contemplated her for a few minutes and then looked at Julia. "It is up to you if she comes. I will take care of her and you know that. I will not demand or order since you are her mother." In this case being Alpha took second place to being a parent. Yes, technically he could order her to let Giani go with but he wouldn't abuse his powers that way.

Julia sighed as she considered her little girl and the really happy expectant look on her face. "One time Giani, you can go but you will be on your best behavior while you are with him. If you aren't I will paddle your behind and restrict you to the pups room for a few days." She frowned slightly at her daughter. "Now go change and clean up. It looks like you've been rolling in the dirt again." Which was probably very true knowing the pups.

Giani squealed and dashed off. "Now I am going to have to take all the pups in if their parents allow. It will be good for them and the pack. You are too confined out here and need to get more comfortable with the humans." Dan's ears were still ringing from the squeal, that kid had a set of lungs on her. "Well time to see if there is a booster seat."

Saul heard and was startled but nodded. "I will get it ready Dan and are you sure about this?" He couldn't think of a time when any of the pups had left the house or territory other than when they had gone to the Kitsune estates. That had been shocking for almost everyone since it was so different.

"I am Saul. The pack needs to get used to humans and their differences as well as similarities to us. This pack is almost too insular and how are some of the single wolves going to meet their mates if they don't go to town or meet other wolves? I know not everyone wants a mate this second but eventually most wolves will feel that drive, including those who have lost their mates. That is one of the things that keep the pack strong, new blood and new thoughts. To be given a chance to grow and live." Dan waved his hand and sighed. "We can talk about it later but I need to get out and stretch my legs."

Moments later Giani came running up followed by most of the pups and Dan grinned. "Before you ask yes I am taking her and over the next few weeks I will check with your parents and take the rest of you as well. I am only taking one at a time. Not sure I could keep up with more than one of you."

Shannon snickered and smiled when Sammy, one of Giani's minions, sort of scuffed the toe of his shoe on the floor and did a sort of 'Aww' sound. "I think he's right that for now only one at a time would be a good idea. If there were more Dan would be too distracted and if he forgot to get the carrots for a carrot cake that would be horrible right?" Since that was Sammy's favorite cake he almost glowered at him for teasing him that way.

"Run along children, I gotta get to the store." He walked out the front door and found Saul had pulled the truck up and it did have a booster seat in it and Dan had to wonder who it was for. Somehow he just couldn't see the former Alpha taking any of the kids to town. Just couldn't see it ever happening. After helping Giani into the booster seat he made sure she was secure before climbing in the other side and started it up. He had been driving it for a while so he knew how to and it wasn't much different than a truck from the 50's in his world. Well the radio was vastly different.

Giani babbled all the way to town she was so excited. She knew Dan could easily have said no but he hadn't which was why he was so wonderful. He actually admitted that the cubs had brains and could use them. He didn't treat them like an inconvenience or better not seen and not heard. When they finally pulled into town her eyes were wide as she took in the sights. How could so many people live in such a small space? She didn't realize they were in the commercial area where many of the shops were.

"Well pup, you might want to close your mouth again or you are going to get another fly." He got another glare as he parked behind the store and climbed out. Once out he settled her on one hip before walking into the store. "Morning Pam, mind if I park in back? I have a bit of running around to do before I actually pick the stuff up."

Pam turned and smiled at him before raising an eyebrow at the little girl. "Hey there cutie, what's your name and are you Dan's?" She had no idea how a pack was really setup or even if Dan had a mate.

Giani settled her head on his shoulder before shyly waving at her. "Names Giani and I am one of his pups." She was thinking as in being a member of the pack and not his actual cub.

Pam gave him a wide smile. "You have a darling little girl Dan, you and her mother should be proud." She walked behind the counter and found a piece of jerky she had been nibbling on and came around the counter.

Dan had to blink and then shook his head. "Confusing, she is a member of my pack since I am Alpha so they sort of belong to me. Her mother is one of the pack and lost her mate a few years ago." He managed not to change expression at her comment but the still abiding sadness showed in his eyes. When Pam held up the jerky he nodded.

"Oh, sorry for the confusion, would you like some jerky sweetie?" Pam walked over and held it out for the little girl. As she was waiting for her to take it she looked up at Dan and noticed his eyes. "Sorry Dan." She knew it was something she had said.

When she held the meat out to Giani her nose started going over time and after looking up at Dan she slowly reached out and took it and sniffed it some more before biting down. When it didn't easily tear she looked at it and frowned since she had never had jerky before. The flavor on her tongue was very interesting and with a frown of concentration on her face she stuck a bit back in and really bit down. Even as small as she was she still had a werewolf's strength and tore a piece off and started chewing. Suddenly she started bouncing in his arms. "Good, weally good. Thank you, nice lady." She went back to chewing and was totally focusing on the meat.

Dan started snickering. "Toss in five pounds of jerky as well and I will pay for it when we come back." He glanced at the clock. "Do you go to lunch about 1? If so, you can show me a good place to eat I will pick up the tab." He was going to need to eat before going back and so was Giani.

Pam nodded. "I do and I can show you some wolf approved locations." Right about then the bell over the door jingled and she turned to the next customer. She might be nervous around lycan's but she had to admit he was good looking and there was some draw to him.

Dan had to laugh. "Sounds like a deal. Some of my pack is going to start coming to town and look for work. It will be nice to find some wolf friendly places like this. You will probably find a number of wolves coming here for food." The wolves at the beginning would be from his old pack though he couldn't lose too many to the city or the house would run into problems. They did grow some of their own food to supplement what they purchased.

Pam looked startled when he said that since very few wolves left their territory. The idea of more coming in was startling to say the least. "Um, well send them here and I can make a few suggestions on where they can look for work. I would have to say only one or two a week. How many are you talking total? If you can get me an idea what sort of work I can tell you who would be best to approach."

He contemplated it and then nodded. "I will think about it." They did need the integration and his wolves from the other world would be the best.. "Well Giani and I are going to see about getting me a new desk. I will see you about 1 pm for lunch then." With a nod he left the store.

Giani wiggled out of his arms but grabbed his hand as she looked around with huge eyes. Over the bonds Dan could tell she was more than a bit intimidated not that he blamed her. At home she was the leader of her little pack so to speak but here she was just a little kid amongst what was to her a vast number of people. Dan sent her a bit of encouragement over the bonds and got a grateful look back from her.

It didn't take that long to make it to the cabinet maker who had made the desk. When he discovered the hiding spot for the money there had been a sticker in there with the name and address. He still rolled his eyes when he remembered that incident. "You keep quiet while I am talking business little one."

"Yes Dan, I's be good." She gave him her cute little grin and he noticed she had lost a tooth at some point recently and he wondered if they had such a thing as a tooth fairy. With a slight grin he walked into the store and had to close his eyes and inhale. "I love the smell of newly carved wood."

Giani gave him an odd look when he said that and her little nose twitched a bit and she sneezed. "Smells funny." She was also picking up the smell of paint thinner, varnish, and paint and it tickled her nose. She sneezed again just for good measure and glowered at his grin.

An older man walked from the back. "Good afternoon Sir how many I help you?" He checked the man out and frankly was intimidated. He was massive but did have a fairly good natured expression on his face which was rough hewn and the little girl with him was cute as a button. He held his hand out and shook Dan's and could feel the controlled strength.

Dan gave him an easy going smile. "Well, if you are Anton Delevario or work for him you can. I would like to commission a replacement desk." The longer he sat behind that hideous thing the more he had to resist smashing it to pieces and finding a table and some more filing cabinets.

"Oh? And this is a desk that was made here? Maybe a simple repair might work?" His desks and cabinet were designed to last for a long time and it must be an old desk.

Dan snorted. "Not unless you tore the damn thing down to a bare frame and started over. It was the desk designed for the former Alpha of the Alucian pack. If I have to sit behind it much longer I am going to turn it into firewood." He knew very few people had heard about the change in pack management and this was definitely going to get this spread around.

The man froze as he took in what Dan had said and knew he needed to tread lightly. "Um, former Alpha so I am going to assume you are the current Alpha." His eyes flickered down at the girl and then back up to Dan and really looked confused. He had never seen an Alpha with a child before and wasn't sure what to make of it.

Dan continued smiling at the man and nodded. "Correct, I am Alpha Danilo Legarith of the Alucian pack. Pleased to meet you." He looked down at the little girl. "This is one of the pups and her name is Giani. I will keep an eye on her so she doesn't accidently destroy anything."

She blushed slightly and looked down at the floor. "I's didn't mean to take the table out. Sammie bumped me at the wrong time." One of the toes of her shoes was sort of twisting on the floor. Giani had felt really bad about it at the time and had silently eaten her veggies, bread and water.

The man, he looked to be in his late 40's, tried not to smile at the little girl but couldn't help it. He did give Dan a good evaluating look and then waved him over to his desk. "Have a seat Alpha and we can see about coming up with a desk that doesn't offend you." There were slight traces of droll amusement in his voice. "So what don't you like about the desk?"

Dan snorted at him. "Call me Dan please. Alpha is for formal situations or when I am in a really grouchy mood." As he was talking he picked Giani up and settled her on his lap so she couldn't get in trouble. "As far as what offends me about the desk, where do I start? It's ostentatious, oversized, egotistical, and the hidden compartment is a frigging joke. Does that help?" He returned the droll tone.

One corner of the other man's mouth twitched but he managed not to laugh. "Ah, I see so you are looking for a totally new desk. What do you have in mind?" He pulled over a pad of paper and pen and once Dan started describing what he wanted the man contemplated how he talked, his body posture, and expression.

"Okay, you are still going to need something larger simply because of who you are but how about..." He knocked out a quick sketch and the conversation was on. The desk ended up being a slight curve that was wider on the far side than on Dan's side. The drawers were straight in like a normal desk with a slight overhang on both sides and the front. The hidden panel was on the inside and required far more adjustments to get it open than the other.

Dan had been keeping an eye on the clock. "Oh, one more thing is there any way to mount the computer on a pivot so I can move it out of the way when I am talking to people?" That got another discussion before Dan held a hand up. "We can talk about that later. I'm having lunch with a friend shortly and we need to get going. I'll be back next week and we can discuss that aspect further." It seemed they didn't have any sort of desk or wall mounted computer stands. It had to be for the entire computer since they were one unit like an Apple. They shook hands and Dan left the building.

Giani was starting to get a bit overwhelmed and reached her arms up and Dan picked her up and she rested her head on his shoulder. Originally she had been thinking of some place with a few more people than at the pack house. What she got was more people on this street alone than in the pack. At the clan house it hadn't been nearly as much of an impact since it was sort of like the manor and people came and went. Also there had been lots of kits to play with which was really nice as well.

Dan knew all three pups would be in shock since he planned on bringing all the pack in one or two at a time till everyone experienced it. He didn't expect many to really want to settle in town but a third of the pack would be good with mandatory visits to the manor on the weekend. If he didn't, the pack might fragment and that wouldn't be a good thing. If it worked for his pack he would have the others start as well.

Eventually they made it to the store and Pam was standing outside waiting for them. She gave Giani a warm look. "You look tired sweetie. The food is really good and then I have a feeling Dan is going to be heading back home."

Giani gave her a tired yet still shy smile and then yawned. "I's not tired pup. I Is Alpha pup can't be tired."

Dan tried not to snort but an Alpha knew what they were. You still had to work your way up the ranks to ensure that you knew what each did, or in his world you did. If needed they would hold the wolf up to ensure they were well trained. He rolled his eyes at Pam when she looked startled at the comment but nodded. "She's right and it shows in that all the pups look to her even if she might get them in trouble."

Moments later they were at the restaurant and after they were seated Pam gave their waitress a smile. "Two adult menu's and a wolf menu, please." She had to sigh when she got smirked at. "Silly woman, he's just a friend."

For some reason Dan's wolf snorted but remained relaxed in the back of his head and Dan mentally growled at him. *Darn you wolf I'm going to figure out what you keep laughing at if I have to pluck your mental tail one hair at a time.*

"Oh good, can I borrow him for an afternoon or maybe two?" She asked and winked at him with a grin. She became professional again and it was obvious that she was a good friend of Pam's as she handed the menus out and took orders for drinks.

Dan's wolf definitely was not pleased with the other human's attempt, even if pretend or not and mentally growled at her. That got Dan's attention and he couldn't help but flicker his eyes between the woman and Pam and when his eyes settled on Pam his wolf snorted and settled down. His eyes narrowed and he was definitely going to have a talk with his wolf.

"I'll cover this meal. Considering the cost of one wolf meal alone..." The prices weren't unreasonable and he had to hide a smile as Giani was trying to figure out the menu and then leaned against Pam.

"Miss Pam can you help me? I can't read very well though I's learning." When Pam wrapped her arm around her and tucked her close she wiggled into the hug and started listening. Almost any wolf worth their metal would order red meat, chicken or something like that. She surprised Dan when she shyly asked for fish instead. "I's like fish but don't get much though my wolfie doesn't really approve much."

Dan almost snickered since she was starting to wrap Pam around her little finger. "If fish is what you want then fish it is. Now if you ordered rabbit food I would have wondered." That got a tiny growl from her and he snickered. "I personally am going to go for the blue cheese burger with fries and coleslaw."

Pam smiled at the little girl and lightly stroked her cheek. "The fish is really good and I think I'll get the same." The little girl was such a cutie and she had to wonder how Dan kept up since she had a feeling she was very mischievous most of the time.

"So's you like Pappa Danny?" Giani asked and Dan damn near choked on his coffee and had to pat his mouth dry as he was trying to clear his throat to reply.

Pam almost laughed at Dan's reaction and then lightly tapped Giani on the nose. "He is a nice enough Alpha I suppose and it is interesting to see him come and get the supplies by himself. So in a way I suppose you could say that I like him well enough." The waitress came over and took their orders.

"I suppose you like yours flash fried and mooing when it comes out right?" She glanced at Dan and tilted her head. "I don't think I've seen you around before. I'm a friend of Pam's and as you can see my name is Dolores." She waved at the badge.