All Comments on 'Simply Irresistible'

by MichelleLovesTo

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Con Artist

Marnie used her body not her mind

MichelleLovesToMichelleLovesToover 18 years agoAuthor
Both, actually

Yes, she was attractive, but clearly there was more at work in the story in the way people related to her and could not recall or consider her as a suspect. If there wasn't mind control at work, then the story is just two people acting strangely. We can't have that!

Thank you very much for the comment.

MelodyMelodyover 18 years ago
Yeah both

Of course both. Even if she didn't have blonde hair and a killer body, by the time she's done with him he's convinced she does and is the next best thing to the perfect woman.

Great story, well done.

questforperfectionquestforperfectionover 15 years ago
groovy

I like how the suspense was built up about Marnie being such an exemplary, do-no-wrong worker, well before Robert actually met her, and the pay-off - finally meeting her - didn't disappoint, either. I'd like to have seen Robert put up more of a fight as Marnie was unzipping, though, simply to see what kinda cockteasing she could pull, but overall this story was totally up this hombre's alley.

questforperfectionquestforperfectionover 15 years ago
groovy

I like how the suspense was built up about Marnie being such an exemplary, do-no-wrong worker, well before Robert actually met her, and the pay-off - finally meeting her - didn't disappoint, either. I'd like to have seen Robert put up more of a fight as Marnie was unzipping, though, simply to see what kinda cockteasing she could pull, but overall this story was totally up this hombre's alley.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Loved it, but...

If I have one complaint about this story, it is that it lives up to its title too well. The girl is, quite literally, simply irresistible. What she does with that power is sexy and at the same time a little bit funny, certainly making a good read. However, it also leaves a few too many unanswered questions to truly be satisfying. Most importantly, how does her power work? Our unreliable narrator is no help. He never really understands what is happening and finally just accepts it. What actually makes this girl so fully capable of wrapping people around her finger, though? Is it something about the way she looks? A psychic compulsion? Pheromones? More of a hint as to the how of her influence over people's desires would lend the story a much needed anchor, to make it not seem just a tale of "two people acting strangely".

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous