All Comments on 'Slaves of the Spartan Kingdom Ch. 03'

by perl10

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
verbicideverbicideover 9 years ago
Political bullshit

This wasn't a bad story until the author veered into the realm of political bullcrap. Marcie's father is obviously a political anarchist in the purist sense (people will do the right thing for themselves and the right thing for the individual is the right thing for society), which a political platform proven to fail. Much like marxism, it depends on people doing what will support civil convention instead of undermining it, failing to take into account that greed, hatred, fear and avarice are far more common individual motivators than responsibility or altruism. There are reasons for the "nanny state" the author, through his insert character, derides...such as laws against murder, robbery, rape, etc. Nobody in a civil society believes that the government is the ideal shepherd for the individual, but individuals cannot be entrusted with the support of infrastructure, the military or any number of intricacies required to make a civil society function. Political anarchy is a quick and sure path to a failed state and Marcie's father is an imbecile for espousing it as an alternative to the current western social structure.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous