Sniper Ch. 02

Story Info
A short about another sniper.
836 words
4.27
19.2k
2
0
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/12/2022
Created 11/16/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Zeb_Carter
Zeb_Carter
3,085 Followers

This is a copyrighted work of Zeb Carter. It is only posted on Literotica.com.

*

The sun was setting, turning the western sky a deep orange, streaked with yellow. A lone man quietly crept through the forest toward an encampment of soldiers. It was getting dark quickly as the creeper stopped. As the illumination provided by the sun slowly disappeared the lone man took out some food and water and started to eat and drink. Within minutes he was on his way again. Slowly creeping forward, always moving toward the noise filled encampment of soldiers.

The men in the camp had no idea that they were being stalked and once in place their stalker would choose one of them to die. But for now they were celebrating their minor victory of earlier today. They had been able to drive a superior force out of the valley they now occupied, all except one man. But this man they did not know about. And he crept closer with every passing minute.

The lone man stopped, he had a clear view of the camp from atop a hill. Taking a knee he placed a scope to his eye. His view through the scope flicked from one soldier to the next in rapid secession. His gaze finally settled on one soldier sitting apart from the others. The shine on his shoulders gave him away as being an officer.

Replacing the scope the lone man removed the rifle slung across his back. Unfolding the bi-pod he slowly lowered himself into the prone position. He flipped the caps on the scope on the rifle up and placed his cheek against the stock. He carefully lined up the crosshairs on the shoulder tabs of the officer, making sure of his targets rank. The crosshairs slowly slid up the officer's neck until they came to rest just above his left ear.

The soldiers in the camp where laughing and drinking as their captain slumped over the radio he had been sitting in front of blood gushing from his head. The report of the rifle shocked them all to silence, each of them looking around to see if any of them had been hit. One of them noticed the captain and scrambled to his side. As he bent to feel for a pulse a bullet ripped through his chest causing blood to seep from his mouth as he collapsed to the ground. The rest of the soldiers, even in their half drunken state, grabbed their rifles and took cover.

The lone gunman was just lining up on another soldier when he was gone from his sight. Reaching up, the sniper dialed back the magnification of his scope so as to take in the whole camp. He saw men scrambling for cover. His crosshairs settled on a man hiding behind a rock. The soldier's body slumped, lifeless. The next to draw the marksman's attention was the soldier hiding behind the box by the radio. He was screaming for a medic as the supersonic crack of the bullet reverberates around the valley. A second later he was silent from a second round.

By now some of the more experienced soldiers had figured out where the bullets were coming from and started to spray the hill with fire from their assault rifles. As the firing started from the camp below the sniper slowly moved back the way he had come on his stomach. He could hear the passage of the bullets as they passed overhead. As he placed more and more of the hill between him and the soldiers he stood up and started walking to his left toward another hill that over looked the camp.

He stood at the base of this hill listening. Listening and waiting. The fire toward where he been had stopped just as he reach the second hill. Kneeling in the brush he reloaded his rifle and checked his grenades. He started to crawl up the hill very slowly. Ten minutes later he was in position behind a bush and could see the entire encampment below. The men in the camp were still hiding, not knowing whether he had left or not. As his scope passed a bush between him and the camp he saw a flash of dark against dark. Steadying his rifle he fired almost point blank into the face of one of the soldiers who had been sent out to find him.

He slowly moved back the way he had come as fire from the camp below racked the hilltop. Pulling a grenade from his vest he lobbed it over the top of the hill into the camp below. As it detonated he was on his feet running as fast as he could to the east, around the next hill and into a ravine to the north of the camp. Soon the soldiers would be looking for him. Soon he would be out of the search area and back with his unit. Soon he would be doing this again.

Zeb_Carter
Zeb_Carter
3,085 Followers