Ammunition

Story Info
He needed it to fight.
19.4k words
4.53
157.4k
302
106
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BumblingFool
BumblingFool
1,353 Followers

"Where did you get that?" She asked in shock.

"Really? I show you a clear picture of you passionately kissing another man on the dance floor with his hand on your breast and your hand on his ass, and the very first thing you have to say is to ask where I got it? Does it matter where I got it? Would my answer to your question alter the fact that you're cheating on me with him?" I asked my wife of seven years.

"Honey, I know it looks bad, and I admit that we did kiss but it's not cheating. As you can see in the picture, we're out in the open with many others. We weren't having sex, obviously," she volleyed.

"So that's your primary defense? No explanation about who you're kissing so passionately nor why? You assume that since you aren't fucking him in this picture on the dance floor, then everything's perfectly okay? I need to know, Traci. Is this your definition of honoring your wedding vows?"

"Brian, I can see that you're very upset over this. It's nothing for you to worry about, I swear. We were simply caught up in the moment and it happened. You need not have any concern about this. You're not helping things by blowing something innocent out of proportion!" She said emphatically.

"Innocent? Out of proportion? You still haven't even told me his name! Why should I be upset about someone I don't even know?" I spat sarcastically.

"Does it matter what his name is? If I told you, you might go and do something stupid like picking a fight and he'd wipe the floor with you. I won't let that happen," she countered.

"I see. Thank you for your honesty and transparency. You've made your choice, so now I'll make mine," I responded heatedly.

I turned around, bounded up the stairs, and began packing a suitcase to last me about a week. She followed quickly, "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?"

"Packing a suitcase. But why?"

"Because I can't tolerate another minute of your lies and deceit. I need to get away and do some thinking before I say or do something to you that I might regret," I seethed.

"Don't be silly, Brian. I know you'd never hit me in a million years."

"Well until today, I knew you'd never cheat on me in a million years so I guess we must not know each other as well as we thought."

"Cheat? Who said I cheated on you?" Traci shouted. "Kissing him wasn't cheating on you and you know it. I never cheated on you."

"And there it is," I said sarcastically.

"There's what?"

"The blatant lie."

"But I never lied to you, Brian. I did not cheat on you with him or anyone else!" She yelled.

"Oh? Then what do you call this?" And I handed her another picture taken that same night. "That's a rather nice shot of you sucking his prick, wouldn't you say? And in case you try to pull a Bill Clinton on me and say cock-sucking isn't sex, how about this one? His prick appears to be buried deep inside your cunt doesn't it?"

".....But where?......How?....."

"There you go again. Does it matter where I got that picture or how I came by it? Would that knowledge somehow alter the fact that you DID cheat on me and just now lied to my face about it?"

She dropped the pictures to the floor and began sobbing as she tried to hug her husband. "Stay away from me, Traci. Communication is a two-way street. I've given you the chance to be honest with me about everything and come clean but you must not deem me worthy of the truth. I might have stayed and tried to talk through this with you for the sake of our son if you'd only been honest but it appears as though that's asking too much of you. I'm taking my phone. If you call me even a single time for any reason other than an emergency with little Bobby, I'll block your number. Am I clear about that?"

She nodded her head and I walked out fuming, disappointed and hurt beyond measure. This was Friday night as I checked into the motel. I figured I'd take the weekend to consider my next steps. Were I to divorce her, which was my instinctive impulse, then Bobby would come from a broken home and I'd end up paying child support and alimony. Basically, I'd be paying her to have sex with other men. I wish she'd have given me some kind of explanation or an apology at least. Perhaps she hadn't had time to think. That's why I thought it best for us to be apart and think about the direction our lives will go from here. The absence of my wife and son impacted me greatly and the loneliness was intolerable. I cried myself to sleep.

Shortly before noon the next day, the texts started rolling in.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After receiving my college engineering degree a while back, I was employed by a local chemical laboratory which was the packaging facility for a large chemical concern. After five years of paying my dues there, I was offered employment as Facility Manager for their flagship research and development center a thousand miles away. With increased responsibility came a very significant pay increase so we jumped at the chance, uprooted, and made the move. We both left all of our friends and family behind.

Traci took a job at a call center for a large credit card company. There were over 1200 employees at the call center, most of whom were women Traci's age. A year after our move little Bobby was welcomed into the world. I encouraged her to become a stay-at-home mom as I was well paid but she loved the company of her work friends. Her work friends quickly became 'our' friends. We were part of a loose group of six to twelve couples who would get together bi-monthly on average, sometimes at a home, often at a restaurant or club. The girls were her coworkers and the guys, like me, consisted of their husbands.

That's not to say that I had no friends where I worked. But Traci worked tirelessly to see to it that our social calendar consisted primarily of her coworker group. I had no objections as they all were nice enough. The women were all stunningly attractive as well as the husbands. I almost felt out of place with the debonair and dashing men of the group but they all treated me the same as the others. It was primarily from this group that my current barrage of texts consisted.

It was clear that Traci had not only informed them that we were having problems but she had told them the details and they were all urgently requesting that I give them an audience to help quickly defuse the situation. I shook my head in amazement at how she had kept her tryst secret from me, yet freely shared the details with our friends. Now I was wondering what kind of friends they truly were. I detest other people knowing my business, especially regarding my personal life and intimate details of my marriage. This situation in and of itself was unsettling to me. About the only person who hadn't called or texted me was Traci. She knew I'd make good on my promise to block her.

Cassidy seemed to be spearheading everything from what I gathered. She was Traci's best friend and they were thick as thieves. She wanted me to meet up with the group at her house Sunday evening at 6:00. My analytical mind surmised that it may be some kind of a trap. My car could get blocked or the guys try to prevent my escape should I decide to leave the meeting before they wished me to. I texted back that I'd meet them at the Angus Steakhouse Restaurant instead, take it or leave it. I could park my car where it couldn't be blocked and in the public restaurant setting, leave whenever I wished. Reluctantly, they acceded to my request.

I agreed to the meeting for a couple of reasons. One was to perhaps get some answers as to why Traci did what she had done. Secondly, I was curious about what our friends thought about infidelity. Whose side would they be on? And thirdly, I wondered if any of them were somehow complicit in her tryst. Did they know? Did they set it up? If they were aware of her extracurricular activity, none of them had shared their concerns with me. I never back down from confrontation. I deal with nearly every kind of problem imaginable as a Facility Manager and can comport myself well in practically any setting. I looked forward to learning more to enable me to make an informed decision or put them in their place.

I left my car in the parking lot of a nearby store and walked over to the restaurant. I gathered that the group had arrived much earlier than our agreed time to discuss strategy and prepare for the confrontation. This amused me. There was only one seat at the arranged table and it was next to Traci. She immediately rose to meet me as I approached. I stopped her before she made it to me.

"If it's alright, I'd just as soon sit at the far end of the table away from her if you all don't mind. But if you do mind, then I can comfortably sit at another table," I explained.

Cassidy quickly spoke before Traci had a chance to respond. "Of course, that's fine Brian. Jerrod, how about giving Brian your seat at the end of the table? Please, Brian, have a seat. You're our guest tonight, so your dinner is already paid for. Why don't we all go ahead now and place our orders?"

Our group was in a separate dining area of the restaurant utilized for overflow seating. They must have arranged to secure it for privacy. Everyone placed their orders quickly and that task was out of the way. Before allowing Cassidy or anyone else to take control of this talk, I was determined to get at least one answer before going any further. I passed out two copies of the picture of Traci and the mystery man kissing on the dance floor, one to my left and the other to my right.

I opened, "All of you seem keenly interested in Traci and me resolving our differences. I was shocked beyond belief that she would tell our personal business to anyone else before she and I had ample opportunity to discuss it ourselves but that only showcases her continuing disrespect for me and our marriage." Cassidy moved to speak but I interrupted her.

"Before ANY discussion of any kind takes place, I want an answer and I want it right now. Take a good look, all of you at that picture. Traci is passionately kissing another man. She refuses to give me his name. I am certain that at least one of you here knows who he is. You all say you want to help us resolve our issues? Well, the help I need most right now is information. If none of you can be honest with me right now and provide the facts as they are, then we have nothing else to discuss."

There was complete silence at the table. Not even the loquacious Cassidy was moved to speak. Not a single one of them offered to say that they didn't know the man, nor did they offer to say who he was. I had my response.

"Thank you for your time. I hope someone's very hungry and can eat my steak. I just lost my appetite. It appears as though no one here is truly interested in helping us repair our relationship after all. Excuse me." And I rose from the table and walked away. Traci called after me begging me to return but no one else did. It was evident that 'our' friends were 'her' friends and not mine.

Traci, Cassidy, and the group were stunned. They had planned on having a reasonable discussion with me but I'd blindsided the whole meeting with my stubborn demand. Serious strategizing would be required to reach me which they were unprepared to do at the moment.

I hadn't mentioned it at the restaurant but I had already checked out of the motel. I went through the drive-through of a fast food joint and picked up some eats. Upon my arrival home, I spoke with our babysitter that Traci had engaged for the evening, paid her, and thanked her for her services. Next, I gulped my food down and made quick work of relocating my clothing and personal items to the spare bedroom. I had already visited a local hardware store over the weekend and picked up a pair of identically keyed locksets similar to the ones on our front and back doors. I installed them on the spare bedroom and hall bathroom doors keeping the only keys, not to avoid verbal confrontations with Traci but I didn't want her trying to physically seduce me in the shower or the middle of the night when I was asleep. Once settled in, I played joyfully with my three-year-old son who was the light of my life before bathing him and putting him down for the night.

Traci had to realize I was home because my car was in the garage when she pulled in at 10:15 pm. They must have had quite the brainstorming session. Either that or she was with her lover again and I truly had no idea which was the truth, sad as that may sound. She excitedly ran upstairs, gleeful for my return, finding me in Bobby's room sitting in a chair watching my son peacefully sleep while tears streamed down my face. I shushed her and waved her off before she entered the room. No need to disturb his innocent slumber.

After I quietly closed his door she moved to hug me and I thwarted her. Undaunted, she was grinning from ear to ear as she said, "I'm so glad you're home back where you belong. Let me fix you something to eat. We have a lot to talk about."

"I've already eaten but thanks for the offer. So where were you all this time? Entertaining your lover again?" I implied.

"No! I just left the steakhouse. They can verify that. They've have been helping me find the right words to get us back on track. I have so much to say to you," she explained.

"I'll talk to you about anything you want after you give me your lover's name. If you can't do that, then we have nothing to talk about."

"I....I can't. I just can't," she said morosely.

"I wish you had half the loyalty to me, your husband that you hold for your lover. I'll be staying in the spare bedroom until further notice. Please stay away from me and don't ever touch me. Who knows what disgusting diseases you're carrying now? But I won't allow your slutting around to keep me away from my son any longer. He needs me every bit as much as he needs you. If you ever decide you're ready to talk, your next words to me will be your lover's name. But if you're willing to sacrifice our marriage to protect him, then so be it. However, I don't want you to speak another word to me until you are ready to give up your lover's name. For all I know, you're making arrangements behind my back to take our son and move in with him tomorrow." She walked away sobbing with her head down.

A week had gone by where Traci and I happily interacted with Bobby but sadly, not a word to each other. Finally, on Monday evening after work, I encountered quite a surprise when I returned home. Nothing looked amiss before I walked in the door but I suppose they wanted to surprise me. After I walked into the kitchen to see what was for supper, a crowd of people came in from adjoining rooms and surrounded me. It was Traci's friend-couples group. It seemed they were all there and were excited and anxious to see me again. Nothing was said to cause any angst but I sensed they were walking on eggshells.

The first words out of my mouth were, "Where's Bobby?" I decided that adult conversation was not going to take place around my son.

"I drove him to the sitter's house earlier; she's prepared for him to spend the night," Traci explained.

"I see," I spoke in surprise. Advance planning, to which I had not been privy, had taken place. "But I didn't see your cars parked out on the street."

"We all wanted to surprise you, Brian. So we all parked a block away and walked. We couldn't take the chance that you'd just drive on by if you saw all our vehicles," Cassidy rejoined.

"Well, you all certainly caught me by surprise. What's the deal? Why are you all here? Has something changed recently that I don't know about?" I inquired.

"Yes it has, honey," Traci began. "Can we all go to the living room and explain? I'm prepared to answer your question now."

"Sure. But I need to visit the restroom first for a minute. I just got home. I'll be right there. Why don't you all go on ahead?"

I went to the restroom in the hall bathroom, peed, flushed, and washed my hands. I started my cellphone recording and slipped it into my shirt pocket where the camera lens was barely visible in case anything 'interesting' happened, and joined the crowd in my living room. I was surprised to see two more people there who had not been in the kitchen before. I immediately recognized the asshole Traci had cheated with seated next to a lovely woman slightly younger than him.

Traci started, "Brian, you've met everyone here except for Elliot Franklin and his wife Gayle. They're long-time members of our group of friends but you've never met them before. I realize this might be a bit of a shock to you but you were so adamant about knowing who he was, we all talked and agreed that this may be the best way for you to learn his name. If you try to attack him, all of the guys here have agreed to come between you two. We don't want anyone getting hurt here tonight."

"So you finally give me a name to the face, huh? It's a little late to be concerned about ME being hurt isn't it?" I sarcastically stated. "Oh, I get it. None of you were ever concerned for a moment about ME being hurt, were you? Your only concern was to make sure that wonder-boy here remained unharmed wasn't it? Don't worry. I have no plans to touch the bastard. I don't wish to catch any of the diseases he may have already infected Traci with when he fucked her!" A groan of frustration was audible from everyone in attendance.

Cassidy jumped in, "Brian, we can appreciate your frustration, however, there's no need for anyone to use profane or salty language. Can we speak calmly and professionally as friends while this situation is being sorted out? We're trying to give you what you asked for. You wanted his name and now you have it. We expected that you may also want to speak to him which, as you can see, we've already arranged for you to do. However, Elliot doesn't need me to speak for him or on his behalf. He's quite capable of talking for himself. Our role tonight is merely to make introductions."

After his introduction, Elliot rose to his feet and offered his hand. "I'm afraid we've gotten off to an unfortunate start. I hope that by the end of this meeting we can be friends, or at least civil to one another. I promise to treat you with respect and courtesy at all times and trust you'll do the same, Brian. May I call you Brian?" He asked as he offered his hand to me.

I made no move to reciprocate his gesture, keeping my hands at my side. "First of all, since we've just now met for the first time, Mr.... 'Franklin', I prefer that you call me Mr. Wilson. I can't ever imagine us being friends warranting such familiarity. Secondly, you just promised to treat me with respect and courtesy after already disrespecting me in the most egregious manner, yet I'm expected to frivolously ignore your utter impertinence and treat you civilly in return?"

"Fair enough, Mr. Wilson. My suggestion was solely concerning our present discourse. I was not referring to past indiscretions or incidences. If you will allow me, I'd like to speak with you about what happened between me and Traci, your wife."

"Please do not speak her name in my presence, nor refer to her as my wife. That title may be short-lived and is distasteful to me. I'm assessing the pros and cons of divorce which I'm sure you're already aware of."

"How then shall I refer to her, Mr. Wilson?"

"You may call her the woman I married, a point which I will concede for the moment."

"Very well, Mr. Wilson. I would like to address what transpired between the woman you married and me. Hopefully, I can place the circumstances in a light you may eventually find palatable."

"I'm all ears, Mr....'Franklin'. Please enlighten me," I pandered.

The arrogant man took a deep breath and began delivering his point of view, "Look around this room, Mr. Wilson. What do you see? I'll tell you what you see; you see a room full of exceptionally attractive women and men, including the woman you married and yourself. Do you think that's by coincidence? Don't you find it striking that your best friends, the group you have enjoyed being with countless times happens to be far more attractive than the average man or woman you meet? This group was inevitably drawn together like birds of a feather. As friendships grew, so did the intimacy and expressions of friendship. Every person in this room is in a happy, stable, and committed relationship. That is our first and foremost goal. Once everyone is secure in their relationship with their significant other, we realize that no force on earth could separate us from one another. And every one of us here believes the same of you and the woman you married."

BumblingFool
BumblingFool
1,353 Followers