Somebody That I Used to Know Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Tell me about her."

"I can't Kay. It's a long story, long, complicated and if I'm honest, disgusting."

"My dad's a fisherman Adam, I've seen and heard it all."

"Not that kind of disgusting."

"Oh well now I have to know."

Adam smiled. "Are you sure you want to know, you'll think less of me."

"Highly unlikely given how we met but go on."

Adam took a deep breath. "Ok. This all started way back in 1970..."

And so for the next two hours Adam told Kanani every detail about him and Alexandra, from their first meeting at her birth, Craig's molestation, the reveal that Craig wasn't her real father, Alex moving to Wales and then them meeting again four years later to how Adam managed to lose his virginity to his cousin, profess his love to her and have a long-distance relationship for two years with her before she cheated on him, claiming that they never were in a relationship and how Adam told everyone about their sexual relationship before running away to California.

Adam then told Kanani how he came home for Jane's funeral to find Alex pregnant with another man's baby and that everyone knew about him and her. How he took her to see Craig and how she became she vulnerable that they had sex again but she found out he was cheating on a girlfriend back in California so he ran again, back to his girlfriend but he couldn't take the guilt and told her before running away, again, this time to Vegas and how he got wrapped up in Sin City.

Adam even told her about Liam and Maggie, feeling that their relation had affected his since it was because Liam was sad and alone that made him turn to drugs, and Alex. He didn't know why but Adam wanted to tell Kanani everything, he wanted no stone left unturned. He didn't want to lie to her at all. Adam finished the story with the fight he had with Liam in Vegas.

"...and the last thing I remember was Liam telling me that Lexi had miscarried her baby and that he got her addicted to heroin before they had a romance together. Well not a romance, I don't know what you'd call it but he admitted that he fucked her before he knocked me out. Actually I guess he didn't since I somehow got on the boat and he was too drunk to get me there. Well there you go, that' everything, pretty sad huh?"

"Well it wasn't what I was expecting, but I'm not going to judge you."

"You're not?"

"No, this is a small community, cousin relationships don't happen that much but they happen more than you think. Besides from what you've told me you really cared about Alex."

"I did, I still do. I had this scrap book of every letter and photo and postcard she sent me while she was in Wales. Fuck what happened to that, I must've left it in Vegas. Christ they're going to throw that out."

"Do you know where she is now?"

"I don't, Liam never told me. He might have told me something about rehab but I'm not sure. We haven't talked in over a year and while that's not the longest time we've not seen each other it feels like it. I miss her."

Kanani smiled that same sweet smile as she kissed Adam's cheek. "Get some rest Adam, you have a busy day in the morning."

Adam didn't know what she meant by that but before he could ask she had jumped up and ran back up the steps.

This girl was strange and he liked that.

That night, sleep didn't come easy for Adam, he had dark dreams, horrible dreams. He dreamt of when he went back home for his Auntie's funeral, he opened the door and everyone just stared at him.

"It's you fault she's dead." His mother screamed at him. "You and your sick twisted mind. Fucking your cousin, how could you? The shock killed her."

"You're a freak." His father yelled. "A disgusting, perverted freak that wasn't man enough to get laid so he fucked his cousin instead. Freak. Freak. Freak."

Everyone in the room stood above him, towering around him and all of them pointing and shouting 'Freak. Freak. Freak.' Suddenly the crowd went silent and Alexandra stepped out, she was smiling and holding a bundle in her arms as she walked slowly towards Adam.

"Adam." She spoke softly. "This is your baby."

Adam smiled and walked towards Alexandra. When they were mere feet from each other Adam held out his hands to take his baby in his arms but instead, Alexandra threw the bundle at him. What Adam caught wasn't a baby, it was the dead, rotten, severed limbs of what should've been a baby but there were too many extra limbs and deformities on the maggot-infested body.

"I KILLED IT ADAM." Alexandra's roar terrified him. "I killed it, how could I have a disgusting freak of a nature for a baby. It's your fault Adam, you killed my baby."

The jeers and taunts and insults came back only this time they were louder and more brutal than before. Adam heard grunting behind him, he turned and saw Alexandra on all fours like a dog, in front of her, Craig, Alex's once father and molester, he forcing his dick into her mouth, making her gag. In her left hand, the dick of Jesse, the blonde boy that Adam found Lexi with all those years ago, in her right hand Ellis, the father of her miscarried child. And behind her, fucking her ass hard and fast. Liam Nelson, he was completely naked except for an admiral hat on his head and he was pushing a syringe of heroin into Alex's leg. Liam looked up at Adam and winked.

"Ahoy matey." Was all he said.

Adam stepped back, trying to turn away form this horrid scene but his eyes forced him to watch. Suddenly the ground disappeared and Adam fell backwards...

He woke sharply, feeling himself crashing into the bed despite never leaving it. There was a sickness in his stomach, forcing it's way up. Adam needed to find something, a bucket on top of the table beside the bed. Perfect.

Adam grabbed the bucket just in time to vomit violently into it. He felt like he hadn't vomited in years and this was a well-needed cleanse. God what was that dream about, all those sick feelings, he needed to get his head straight and...

Hold on. Why was this bucket ON the table, not under or beside it.

Adam looked around the room, there was three buckets in the room, two by the window, one labled urine, the other faeces. The bucket Adam was holding had the label 'Vomit' written on it. There was a portable TV on a table at the foot of the bed, some books lying beside the TV and a packet of biscuits on top of them, none of them were there last night. Adam got out of bed and went to the door, to his surprise it was locked, there was no way to open it from his side. Adam started to panic, wondering what he'd gotten himself into until he saw the letter sticking out of the door frame, Adam took the letter and read it.

'Adam. I told you that my brother had his own drug problem. What I didn't tell you was that I helped him get over it, this was his room during his rehab, he was locked in here until the drugs were out his system and out his mind. After what you told me yesterday I've decided to help you, don't be alarmed I will feed you, give you the necessary medicine and keep you safe, the door will remained locked until I believe you have sobered up completely. Trust me, I'm a doctor.

P.S. I'll be back at 5, Ray will drop by at 2 to give you some lunch.'

Adam thought it strange that Kay was helping him when only about a day ago they had only just met. A digital clock in the room told Adam it was only 11:30, his body clock was fucked. He tried to get back to sleep but every time he closed his eyes he saw that image of Lexi being fucked by four guys. So instead he turned on the TV, thankfully he managed to find something quickly but he wasn't really watching it, he just had it on to have it on. Truthfully he didn't care, he just slumped himself on the headboard and stared at the screen.

After about an hour of 'watching' TV Adam felt started to feel hungry, he'd been feeling hungry since he woke up but now his stomach was furious with him. Rather than waiting for Ray Adam opened the biscuit packet, he started with a couple, then a couple more, then three more. In no time at all he had eaten half the packet. And he was still hungry.

When Ray stopped by a little after 2 in the afternoon the entire packet was gone and Adam was still starving. He nearly jumped to the door when he heard it knock.

"Adam, you in there?"

"Ray? What the fuck is going on?"

"You're in rehab son. Kay's looking after you while you get that shit out of your system."

"She could've told me she was going to lock me in and starve me."

"That's just a side-effect, you'll get over it. Anyway I've got some food for you."

Adam stepped back, waiting for the door to open. Instead a small flap on the bottom of the door was pushed open by a tray, the flap was just big enough for the tray and its contents. Adam looked at his lunch, a saucer of tomato soup and a slice of bread.

"Is that it?"

"No more until Kay says so, you're going to feel starving so you'll overeat even if you're full. You do that and you will die."

Adam took his lunch and ate it quickly, he managed to make it last longer than he thought but not by much. As he was dipping his bread into the soup he heard a soft female voice in his ear.

"Adam?"

He turned but there was no-one there, he must have been hearing things.

By the time Kanani got home Adam was back to his depressed stupor, lying half on/half off the bed, face staring at the pictures moving on the screen but never watching any of it. He was still hungry and damn near the point of biting his own hand off.

"Adam. You ok?" Kanani asked through the door.

"Why are you doing this Kay?"

"I'm sorry, but I was going to be out most of the day and Ray couldn't baby-sit you so I improvised, I used my brother's old room."

"But why, I mean I have no idea where I'd even find coke here."

"You'd find something, alcohol, painkillers, medicine, you'd replace it with another addiction and I can't risk that."

Adam punched the headboard. "Why are doing this? You don't even know me."

"I help people Adam, that's what I do and I want to help you. Please just... just let me."

Adam couldn't deny her, he was starting to like this girl. Hell he liked her yesterday and if she wanted to help him why deny her that, he needed help anyway.

"I'm sorry Kay, I'm just a little surprised at the method."

Kanani laughed. "Yeah, sorry about the imprisonment. I should have told you."

"It's fine. Sorry for sounding like an arse but have you got anything to eat?"

"I'm just cooking up dinner right now, should be about 15, 20 minutes."

"Good, I'm starving."

The flap opened and Kanani's hand stuck through, she was holding out a small white pill.

"Take that, it's to help you."

Adam took the pill, Kanani quickly replaced her hand with a small glass of water, just small enough to fit through the flap. Adam took both, ignoring the nasty taste the pill left behind.

"I'll let you know when dinner's ready."

"Thanks."

Maybe this wouldn't be as bad as Adam thought.

After a delicious dinner Adam lazed around his room, still hungry but he tried to put it out of his mind. He wanted to get an early night, thinking that would help him but he was still dreaming of Alexandra in different sexual abuse situations. This night was what he could guess was when she lost her virginity. 5 faceless guys stumbling through a house until they come across Alex lying asleep on the bed, the five of them work together to strip her before the first guy lined up his dick with her pussy and forcing himself in.

'Oh shit this bitch is a virgin' he said, his thrusts getting heavier. 'That's hot.'

Adam tossed and turned, trying to escape this horrid dream. By the time the third guy got between Alexandra's legs to have his turn she woke up, her piercing green eyes stared right at Adam. That's when he woke up.

God this was going to be difficult if he wasn't able to sleep.

"Having trouble sleeping?"

Adam turned to where the voice came from. He found himself looking at Alexandra, but this was Alex from when she was 19, when she and Adam had sex for the first time. Adam rubbed his eyes and when he looked back she was gone. This wasn't going to be easy.

The next couple days were slightly easier, Adam got some sleep in the night but not a lot, when he woke he would find some breakfast waiting for him and instead of biscuits he got some fruit in a bowl. Ray stopped by lwith lunch and Kanani made him dinner in the evening..

The main problem was that whenever Adam wasn't doing something he was antsy and bored but when he was doing something he couldn't find the effort to put into anything. He tried watching TV but he never really watched it, he tried reading the books but each time he did he would find himself either reading the same passage over and over again or he'd jump 8 or 9 pages with no memory of doing such.

He never had any visions of Lexi in those two days but she never left his mind, every time he though of her he would sink lower and lower into depression. If it wasn't for Kay he might have got stuck in there.

The forth day was the hardest so far, Kanani had to work overtime and Ray was visiting his brother in Chicago for a couple days so Adam was left on his own. He had been left enough food for the whole day but no proper meals. By about 5 in the evening the food was all gone and Adam was still hungry. He decided to get an early night but in his state and at that time sleep was near impossible. He sat on the edge of the bed, waiting for tiredness and boredom to take him.

He heard giggling in the corner, 19 year old Alexandra was back, sitting on the table, Adam rubbed his eyes but she didn't leave.

"How you doing cuz?"

"Why are you here Lexi?"

"I thought I'd drop by, see how you're doing. This isn't real you idiot."

"That doesn't answer my question."

The young Alex dropped off the table and sauntered over to Adam, smiling seductively as she did. "You can't get me off you mind. You're still thinking of me Adam."

Alexandra unzipped her jacket and pulled it open, her bare breasts were revealed to Adam as she straddled his lap.

"You'll never get rid of me Adam, you can't. I could be here..."

Suddenly young Alex disappeared and was replaced by Alex a few years older, holding her pregnant belly on the opposite side of the bed.

"...Or here, you're not going to lose me despite how much you try. You can say you're over me, you can say you hate me but you know that it's all a lie."

Adam closed his eyes and kept repeating "She's not there, she's not there, she's not there." When he felt her hand on his shoulder he just repeated it faster and shut his eyes tighter.

"Adam." She whispered. "I'm not here."

When he opened his eyes Alexandra was gone. But her words were still on his ears.

Day 5 was just as hard, Adam didn't sleep at all, he hovered up every scrap of food he could find. The worst of it came in the evening when Adam looked to the TV screen, he saw Liam violently fucking Alexandra in from behind on the screen. He changed the channel, they were still fucking but in a different position, every channel was a different position and it got to the point where in a fit of rage Adam threw the remote at the screen, smashing it to pieces. But the images were still in his mind, he need to escape and quickly.

Grabbing the largest shard of glass from the remnants of the screen Adam held it to his wrist, ready to cut it open and rid himself of the nightmares. However just when he made the smallest cut the sudden pain caused him to chicken out and throw the glass away. Suicide might be a tempting offer but not today.

The next morning was a Saturday so Kanani didn't have any work to do, she took this day to let Adam out of his room, she felt bad for keeping him in there, mostly because the windows were so small and didn't let much air in, when she opened the door she found Adam looking very pale and sickly so she let him outside to aerate the room and clean out his buckets. She immediately regretted not thinking it through that the buckets would keep the smell in the small room. While she was cleaning the buckets Adam took his first shower in over a week. He hadn't showered since he arrived in Hawaii and he hadn't showered for days in Vegas so he was beginning to smell rotten. The sheer freshness of the shower washed away layers of sweat and grime that he had built up.

After the shower the two of them spent most of the day of the beach, just relaxing in the sun, they chatted for a while. Adam found that he liked Kay's company a lot more than he thought he would, feeling brave Adam took her hand in his. She smiled at him.

"Kay, I have to thank you for everything you've done for me. You barely know me and yet you've helped me so much more than anyone I can remember in the past ten years. I have to ask, why are you doing this?"

"Honestly, I wasn't planning to. When dad brought you in I wanted to find out why you were in his boat then send you on your way after a few days. But then we started talking and you were different than I was expecting, yeah you were a smug bastard but you told me all the stuff that happened between you and your cousin and I saw so much of my brother in you, he got on drugs after he lost a girl so I sympathised with you. I like you, I really like you."

Kay reached her hand up and cupped Adam's chin, she moved slowly and carefully but before either of them knew what was happening they were kissing. It was one of the most passionate and electric kisses Adam had ever had, he barely knew this girl and yet he never wanted this kiss to end.

Unfortunately she let him go and stared into his eyes, her own filled with hope.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that I'll..."

Adam interrupted her with another kiss, this time his hand cupping her face. The kiss lasted almost as long as the first and when they broke Kay was struggling not to laugh.

"What's so funny?"

"I barely know you and yet I'm on the beach kissing you. God my dad is going to kill me."

"At least I won't be the only one he kills."

Kay laughed and kissed Adam again. They spent a couple hours more on the beach before heading back upstairs to the house.

"I'm thinking of making some dinner, you want anything?"

"Nah I'm not that hungry."

The words had barely left his mouth before he realised what he had just said. After days of being starving he had just turned down food. Maybe he was getting better.

By the end of the first week Adam felt like a new man, he could sleep with very few nightmares, he actually felt happy for the first time in ages and he no longer felt the need for coke. He was lucky that his addiction hadn't lasted that long so his rehab didn't take long either, he still ran the risk of relapse and the thoughts of suicide (which he kept to himself) were still there but with Kanani's help he was getting over it.

Now, mostly, sober Adam thought it was time he got a job, Kay had already done so much for him he didn't want to have her pay for his trip home as well. When he was cleaned up Adam went down to Ray's car shop, it was a small place but pretty nifty looking. Nice enough and it was well air-conditioned which Adam loved.

The place was quiet when Adam walked in, Ray was talking to a couple employees when he saw Adam walk in, excusing himself he walked over to his new friend.

"Adam. What bring you here?"

"I was hoping that you'd have a job for me, just a small thing I don't think I'll be staying that long."

"Well you're in luck, I'm in need of a new salesman. If you can sell cars then I have a place for you. I'll even give you a trial run if you want."

"That'll be great, thanks. When should I start?"

"Be here by 8 tomorrow and I'll get you into training. And Adam, you better be doing this to pay back Kay, she's done a lot for you."

"I know, and I am."