Somebody That I Used to Know Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Good, I'll have some paperwork for you to sign when you come in. Other than that, welcome aboard."

The two men shook hands and Adam left, he was happily surprised at how well that went, he didn't have much sales experience but he still had some of his Lawyer training so he could still talk fast, not as fast as he used to but still it might be enough.

When Adam got back to Kay's house he told her the good news, when she hugged him that was a bigger surprise than getting the job. The two of them had kissed several times since the beach but each time still surprised him.

The two of them sat down to dinner together, this time though Adam insisted he make it, it wasn't as good as Kay's but he did a good job.

"Listen Kay, I am thankful for everything you've done for me and I know it won't fully pay you back but when I get paid would you let me take you out to dinner somewhere?"

"I would like that, won't put you out of the debt completely but it'll be nice. Where you were thinking?"

"I was hoping you could recommend a place."

"Hm, well there is this one restaurant, 'Carl's', good food and not that expensive. I've got the number if you want it."

"Thanks Kay, I'll make a reservation once I'm paid."

"I'm looking forward to it."

The next couple weeks were something unfamiliar to Adam, they were normal. He started his job in the morning, talked people into buying cars for the day, had a quick drink with Ray and his mates at the end of the day then returned home and depending on whether he or Kay got home first one of them would make dinner. Even his broken nose was starting to look normal again. The normality of it all was strange to Adam and sometimes he found himself looking at his life and thinking 'How'd I get here?'.

Kay was a massive help to him, she was kind and considerate, always willing to let him talk out his problems and listen to him. Adam found himself having some sort of feelings for her, he cared about her and the more-than-a-few kisses they had each day were something he looked forward to.

With his lawyer skills Adam found that he was a pretty damn good sales man and by the end of two weeks he has made quite a bit of money, since he had lost his card and didn't have any identification with him the money was going into Kanani's account who put it into a separate saver account for Adam. They instantly hit off a rapport that worked better than any relationship Adam had been in before.

Relationship? He was getting ahead of himself.

Kale didn't agree with what his daughter was doing with this stranger, he never said anything to them buy according to Ray Kale would ask him if he heard anything going on between them, the whole village had the same idea and while they hadn't really talked about being in a relationship they weren't afraid to kiss in public and be the cause of gossip.

At the end of the two weeks Adam had enough money to spare dinner out with Kanani, he had made reservations at 'Carl's' and was meeting her at the restaurant in the evening.

Adam had hoped to keep the dinner a secret, not wanting to endure the wrath of Kale - his blinding threat had stuck with him - and so far he was doing a good job. However he felt that Ray knew something, whenever they were working together Adam felt his friend's eyes staring at him, waiting for him to slip out a secret. It wasn't until the day of the date that his fears were confirmed.

Adam was at his desk, finishing up for the day when Ray arrived, he stood at the front of the desk, placed his hands on top of the desk and leaned over Adam. He spoke in a voice that was partly threatening but also partly full of advice.

"Pay for dinner, buy her drinks, treat her well... and use protection and I won't tell Kale. Ok?"

"Ok?"

Adam was confused but he didn't question Ray's words of wisdom, if he was giving the go-ahead to the date that was good enough for him.

After work Adam quickly got home and changed, he was meeting Kanani at the restaurant, she had to work a couple hours later and didn't have time to go home. He didn't mind, while he would like to have walked down with her the surprise of what she would be wearing would make up for it.

Adam arrived at the restaurant for about 8, he was shown to his table and ordered a drink. He was admittedly nervous, he hadn't been on a proper date since Kaitlin and that was nearly two years ago, he had loved her and lost her now here he was possibly fallen for this helpful stranger. He only had to wait ten minutes but was already nearing the end of his second drink when she arrived.

Damn she was worth the wait, Kanani was wearing a white dress, it came to just above her knees and the cleavage was minimal but it was tight, the skimmed along the edges of her breasts, hips and waist, enhancing each and every one of her smooth curves. One the dress was a floral pattern with deep purple and orange flowers going round in a vine-like structure. She has even curled her hair slightly and let it hang low, really showing off it's luscious quality. She was gorgeous.

Adam gulped but he composed himself and smiled as she walked over to him, she kissed hi m on the cheek and sat down.

"Sorry I'm late."

"No problem, just got here myself."

"You ordered yet?"

"No, you want to look at the menu?"

"No I've been here enough times, I know what I want."

A waiter came over to take their order. Kanani looked up at him, not even bothering with looking at the menu.

"Yes I'll have the poached salmon with salad and a water please."

"Yes miss. And for you sir?"

"The same, but with a beer, whatever you have on tap."

"Right away."

Once the waiter was away the two of them started talking. "Fish huh? I thought you'd be bored with that with your dad's job."

"I feel sort of obligated to have the fish, my dad supplies this restaurant. Besides I like fish and they cook it good here."

"Glad to hear."

Their drinks arrived, Kanani took her water with a big gulp. "Sorry, I didn't have any change for the café so I've been needing a drink for a while."

"It's fine Kay, I really can't fault you for anything considering what I've done."

"Ah yes, you're a drunken, cousin-screwing junkie aren't you?"

"I'm also an asshole but I'm not yelling that out in a crowded restaurant."

"Oops, sorry Adam."

"I said it's fine, I am a little surprised at how well you've taken the cousin thing."

"I told you, we get all kinds of cousin marriage round here."

"Yeah but still, it's not something that you hear about everyday."

Kay let out a sigh. "Ok I guess it's time I told you. I may have dabbled in the family pool in my youth."

This was intriguing. "Go on."

"It wasn't anything that sexual and definitely nothing like you but before my brother became a drug addict he and I shared a few kisses. And he may have put his fingers under my panties a couple of times."

"Wow, a little more information than I was expecting. I'm surprised at you Kay."

"Well you told me about you and Alex so I figured you deserved a confession. Just don't tell my dad."

"I'm not telling him anything."

Just then their food arrived so the conversation was put on hold for a few seconds while they started their meal. Just like Kay had said the fish was delicious.

"Um Kay." Adam said in a quiet voice. "Did you tell Ray about our date."

Kanani just smiled. "I might have why?"

"It's just he came up to me today and I think he gave me some advice."

"Really? What did he say?"

"He told me to pay for dinner and treat you right and to, um, use protection."

Kanani giggled. "Damn Ray, he's like a second father to me but he doesn't hold back on the embarrassment. In answer to your question yes, I did tell Ray. I was a little excited, it's been a while since someone asked me out, but I couldn't tell my own dad so I told him instead."

"Weren't you worried about him telling your dad?"

"If I was worried I wouldn't have told him, Ray knows my dad well enough to not bother him with this. Besides Ray more than anyone knows my dad's threats mean business."

"How?"

"Well they have been friend's for years but also Ray dated my dad's sister for a couple years, he got the same speech you did."

"You dad hasn't really blinded anyone has he?"

Kay gave a 'I don't know' shrug which didn't fill Adam with much hope. Regardless the two of them had a great dinner, they told stories, they joked, they had fun. More fun than Adam could remember in a lifetime.

After dinner they took a slow walk back to Kanani's house, both still chatting away about nothing, Adam had never had this kind of connection before, where just talking to the person was a pleasure in itself.

When they got back to the house they suddenly became awkward teenagers again, Adam spoke first.

"What do we do now, I've never had a first date with someone I live with before."

"I say we start here."

And suddenly Kanani grabbed in a hard kiss. They had kissed before, several times, but this was a different kiss, this one was filled with passion, with lust. This was a kiss that led to the bedroom.

Still kissing Adam open the door and pushed Kanani through with him. Though neither could see much past their lovers face they acted on instinct to find Kay's bedroom, Kay was thrust upon the bed, Adam stood over her, taking his shirt off.

Kay reached under her dress and pulled her panties off, throwing them at Adam, pink thong, nice choice. Kay stood up and started to reach behind her to pull down the zipper but Adam stopped her.

"Leave it on." His voice was calm yet controlling, he wasn't asking.

Instead of taking her dress off Kanani unbuckled her bra and pulled it out, it was pink, like her panties. Adam looked down, her nipples were very prominent against the tight fabric. With his trousers half-way down and his cock thick, hard and ready Adam crawled onto the bed, he lay next to Kanani, close enough so that their bodies overlapped slightly. They kissed again, each one more passionate than the last, helped by the fact that Adam has pushed his hand up Kanani's dress and was fingering her bare cunt, the thin strip of hair tickling his hand. Two of his fingers were firing in and out of her while his thumb attacked her clit. If he didn't feel how wet she was the sound alone would.

Kanani kissed Adam hard as she felt an impeding orgasm approach, this heat in her pussy was spreading to her whole body until suddenly something surged within her. She gripped Adam tightly as her cum washed over her. It had been a while - longer than she'd care to admit - since she had a cum that good.

Adam shifted his hips to line up with Kay's the head of his cock lightly grazed her pussy, she was scorching. Looking into each other's eyes they silently made the agreement and Adam pushed forward. Kanani wasn't tight but she was definitely more so than the Vegas whores he had hung around with, damn he was an idiot.

Adam started thrusting into Kanani, slowly getting faster and deeper into her. Adam looked into Kanani's eyes but they were shut tight, her orgasmic breathing intense and her whole body burning with passion.

When Adam curled his fingers into the straps of her dress she opened her eyes.

"This isn't a new dress is it?"

Kay shook her head slowly, a smile forming on her face as she understood what Adam was doing. Suddenly and violently Adam ripped the dress away, her entire top half was bare to him for the first time. Only now could Adam see that the olive skin covered her whole body. Her breasts were still holding the firmness of youth while her nipples were a small and surrounded by a dark brown areoles.

The two of them spun round on the bed, this time Kanani on top and riding Adam, grinding their groins together, Adam's hands were all over her body, her ass, her hips, her breasts, feeling and holding every part of her. Suddenly Kanani grabbed Adam's shoulders and held him tightly.

"I'm gonna cum again Adam, oh god I'm gonna cum again."

"Me too Kay, me too."

"Come in me, I'm safe, do it."

Hearing that Adam gripped Kanani and shot his cum into her cunt. Feeling the warm, cum hit her inside set Kanani off in her second orgasm of the night. The two lovers lay down together, Kay on top of Adam, stroking his chest.

"And that's why I saved you on the boat."

Adam laughed and Kanani's comment, he held her close as they kissed and fell asleep together.

**

1998

**

Over the next few months Adam set up a life for himself in Hawaii, what started off as a short stay turned into something more. A part-time job changed into a career, a stay at a house became a home and a new friend-with-benefits turned into a relationship. While neither of them were the first to say they were a couple both him and Kanani never denied it, despite Kale's obvious dislike.

Adam stayed in touch with his family, his parents were surprised that he was living in Hawaii and even more surprised that he was living with a girl he barely knew but they didn't question him. He hadn't heard from or about Lexi other than she was still in rehab but getting better and no-one had seen Liam.

Soon a few months become many and before he knew it Adam had been in Hawaii an entire year. The time had just flew by and he never even felt it. He was planning to go home, back to Britain and while he had enough he wanted to buy something for Kanani as thanks. He also secretly wanted to stay with her a little longer.

It was around this 'one year' mark that Ray invited Adam to join him and Kale on a fishing trip, Adam was a little confused because he thought Kale hated him but Ray insisted. The next morning the three of them went out on Ray's boat, it was bigger than Kale's and well-stocked, according to Ray their fishing trips lasted two or three days.

Adam had never been fishing before and as he looked back his arrival to Hawaii was the first time he had been on a boat and he was unconscious for the whole trip. This led to Adam being seasick several times, something that the older, more experienced men found hilarious, even the usual gruff Kale was smiling.

"You're not a fisherman are you Adam?" Ray asked with a smile.

"I'm sorry I wasn't born on the water like you two."

"Hey I haven't been fishing that long, I just started about ten years ago when I came here and I just turned out to be a natural. Kale's the real river-man. He's been on the water damn longer than I've been alive."

"Not that long but it's been a few years. I just love the water, it's calming."

"I'm not surprised you love it, Kale met his wife on the water y'know?"

"Come on Ray Adam doesn't want to hear about that."

"No, no I do, Kay never really talks about her mum so I don't know that much about her."

Kale sighed, took a long swig of beer and cast his line out, his eyes stayed on the water as he told the story, never even looking at Adam.

"It was about 30 odd years ago, I was out on boat like this with my own father when we saw something in the water, that something turned out to be someone, a young woman and she was unconscious. I jumped in, swam to her and pulled her back to the boat, had to use CPR to get her breathing again but I saved her life. She told me her name was Ani, she had been swimming with friends but the tide caught her off-guard and she had been swept away, she'd been on the water for hours and exhausted herself. Me and her got to talking and to thank me for saving her she offered to buy me dinner, from there we just hit it off and within a couple years we were married. Took us a while to have kids, we tried but their were complications. We lost our first pregnancy and it seemed to take forever but on the second try we had our son, Pika, a few years after him we had Kanani. It was a great time. Until we lost her."

"How'd she die?"

"Car accident, a truck came round a corner too fast and crashed into her car, she died instantly. Must have been about six years ago. After her death Pika turned to drugs, I almost lost him as well you can understand why I'm so protective of my daughter."

"Sorry to put you on the spot like that mate, I just figured he had the right to now."

"It's fine Ray. I guess he did have to know."

"Thanks for telling me, I'm sorry to hear about the first pregnancy, I had a cousin who lost her kid."

"I know, Kanani told me about you and your cousin."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I don't know you Adam, I'm not going to judge who you fuck just know that since you're fucking my daughter you better stay with her if you knock her up."

"Getting a little ahead of us Kale but I will. I still remember what you said about blinding me. What about you Ray, you got any kids."

"Nah, me and the wife never got round to it before she divorced me. Don't blame her, I cheated on her, more than a few times and in the end she left me. The last thing I said to her was that divorcing me was the smartest decision she ever made. She's in Tokyo now, got a husband and two kids, haven't seen her since."

"Sorry to hear that."

"Don't be, I'm not one to settle down. I thought I was, I thought I was suppose to do what everyone does, find a wife, get married, continue but it didn't work. I'm just not one of those people."

The three of them sat in silence for several seconds until they heard Kales' line go out. He had caught a fish.

A couple days later the three men docked and went home. Kale took the fish they caught to the restaurant while Ray drove Adam home, stopping off in town at Adam's request to pick up something. When they got back Adam was greeted with a smile and a kiss from Kay.

"I'm so glad your back. How was it, you catch anything?"

"It was good, I think your dad's warming to me. I caught a couple but it was nothing compared to what your dad and Ray caught."

They kissed again and sat down on the sofa.

"Kay, you're dad told me what happened to your mother."

"Oh, I'm sorry I never told you, it's just hard."

"I know, I don't care. The three of us had a good chat and I realised that I've with two complete opposites, your dad who still loves your mother so much he hasn't bothered finding someone to replace her and Ray who hasn't been able to stay with one woman for long and I that's when I thought, I don't know who I'm more like. I've been in and out of love, I've cheated and been cheated on and yet with you, I told you my darkest secrets in a few hours that I never told people I've known for years. I have to say it, I love you Kanani. In this short time we've known each other I love you and that's why, against all my better judgement, I got this so I can ask you..."

Adam reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box, if Kay had any idea what it was when he brought it out she definitely knew what it was when he got on one knee.

"Kanani Kealoha. Will you marry me?"

**

1999

**

When Claire picked up the phone and heard that her son was getting married she screamed in delight. Almost immediately she started packing so she and her husband could travel to Hawaii to meet their son's fiancée. To Adam's delight they got on extremely well and welcomed Kanani into their family. They even met Kale and Ray who Adam had asked to be his best man.

Adam's parents stayed a few days to help with wedding plans but had to leave to return to work. Though extremely nervous Adam found that just by looking over and Kay, hard at work preparing, then catching her eyes and seeing her smile was enough to calm him down.

It took a few months to get everything ready but since they were only planning a small outdoors ceremony with the reception at theirs and Ray's house it didn't take too long. The wedding was set for March 16th 1999.

The wedding was really small, there was Kale, Ray, Kieran, Claire, a couple of Kanani's aunts, uncles and cousins as well as a few of her friends. Adam didn't have many aunt and uncles and even less friends giving his runaway but the few he did made the effort to come, he even sent an invitation to Alex and while he didn't expect to hear back from her he got a reply from her, she'd be coming.