Somebody That I Used to Know Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

While everyone chatted around, waiting for the wedding to begin Adam got a tap on the shoulder. He turned round and saw a strange but familiar face.

"Hey cuz."

It was Alexandra. She was smiling as she hugged her cousin, Adam looked over her. Her hair was shorter than it Adam had ever seen it, only reaching Lexi's ears, it was also her natural dirty blonde colour which Adam liked. She was a lot thinner than Adam remembered but she would later explain that the heroin was the cause of this and that she had been putting on weight back to a safe amount.

But she still looked beautiful to Adam.

"Lexi, I wasn't expecting to see you."

"Why not, I told you I would."

"I know but, I just never expected you to actually come. How are you?"

"Good, I'm actually better than I've ever been. Especially after, did your parents tell you about the baby."

"No, Liam did, I met him in Vegas."

"Liam, I guess he told you about me and him."

"Yeah, it's a shame what you had to go through."

"I know, but it's made me a better person though. I was lying to myself this whole time but now, I just let me be me."

"What do you mean Lexi?"

"I learnt about it in rehab. You either lie to yourself and everyone around you about the kind of person you are, or you accept who you really are. I accept who I am."

"And who are you?"

Lexi smiled. "I'm a cunt."

"Jesus Lexi, you're not..."

"I am Adam, I know you want to think differently but I am, I've always been a cunt, not just a cunt but the cunt. I'm the cunt that got molested by the man she thought was her father for 15 years and said nothing. I'm the cunt that lost her virginity to gang rape and didn't give a fuck. I'm the cunt that fucked her own cousin, twice, and worried about the consequences later. I'm the cunt that turned the heroin after her own mother died because she wanted to stop feeling. I'm the cunt that has allowed men to use and abuse her like the slut she is because that's all she's good for. I'm the cunt that God decided wasn't worthy of having a baby so he took it from her. That's me Adam, that's who I am and I accept it because it I start regretting the stuff I've done it'll kill me."

"Wow, that's uh, that's quite a speech. Sounded like you got a load off your chest."

"I know, I guess I've been waiting to say that to someone other than the mirror for a while. Sorry for unloading that on you, especially on this day."

"Lexi you can use me as a human stress-ball any time you want alright, you're my cousin and I love you."

"Thanks Adam, but don't say that too loud or people might get the wrong idea."

"It's fine, Kay knows about us Lexi, I told her."

"Did you now, and she's still marrying you? You picked a good one cuz."

Just then Ray arrived telling Adam that the wedding had started, Adam promised to catch up with his cousin later and went off to get married.

The sun had just began to set as Kanani walked out, the warm orange glow of the sky radiated her olive skin and her simple white dress, Adam had suggested she buy something extravagant, she for her but she insisted she keep it simple. They stood side-by-side on the cliff facing the sea as the priest read out his sermon and the couple said their vows before each saying the magic words.

"I do."

"I do."

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Adam cupped Kanani's face as he kissed her, a soft kiss but one that let her know he loved her and wanted her. As they walked down the aisle, holding hands as man and wife Adam saw Lexi, a sad but accepting smile on her face. He had never admitted it but there was a time, long ago, when Adam thought Lexi was the one.

How times have changed.

As they had planned the reception was at the couple's house and at Ray's, both were too small to hold all the guests but together there was more than enough room. Food was served, drinks were drunk and congratulations given, Adam spent most of the night holding onto Kanani's hand but as it went on they separated, Adam headed over to Ray's house to meet his friend.

"Congratulations man you did it." Ray embraced Adam in a bear-hug.

"Thanks, I can't believe it I'm actually married."

"I know, when you told me to stop in town I had no idea you were planning to propose and when you told me I thought you were fuckin crazy."

"We all think he's crazy."

Adam turned, Alex had found them he hadn't seen her the whole night. She hugged her cousin. "Congratulations Adam, really."

"Thanks Lexi. Oh Lexi this is my good friend Ray Henderson, Ray this is my cousin Alexandra... let's go with Buchanan, I'm not sure what your surname is now."

Ray and Alex shook hands. Ray looked quizzically at Alex. "Buchanan huh? Or you're from Britain as well? You know a Jane Buchanan?"

"Yeah she's my mum, or she was she died a couple years ago."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. We use to work together, I liked her."

"Work together?"

"Yeah I worked in Britain for a little while then I was transferred to Berlin, Moscow, Budapest for a couple months before finally settling here."

Both Ray and Adam could see wheels turning in her head, she was obviously trying to piece something together. Words that Ray had said seemed to resonate with her. Then suddenly she remembered what her mother had said when she found out Craig wasn't her real father. Looking at Craig she said one question, one word but she feared she already knew the answer.

"Dad?"

**

Like I said this chapter was meant to be longer but circumstances made it not so. Regardless of my own personal laziness please vote and comment on the story, keeping in mind that I am British so my spelling may be different from the American version.