All Comments on 'Spark'

by carsonshepherd

Sort by:
  • 48 Comments
matriarchmatriarchover 19 years ago
The first piece

of yours I have read. I will now read more. Very very good. Emotions, thoughts, physical reactions, all beautifully portrayed. A love story with an edge, I enjoyed it very much. M.

sacksackover 19 years ago
bittersweet.....

I think most gay men will relate to this well,,,,we've all been there. Excellent sex descriptions and scene setting....VERY BELIEVABLE!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Too Gay

:D

Lisa DentonLisa Dentonover 19 years ago
Not "too gay".

I don't read a lot of gay male stories but looked at this, started reading and liked it. YOU ARE A VERY GOOD WRITER!!

Story guyStory guyover 19 years ago
Perfect in every way

I loved every word. As a bi-curious guy who has virtually no experience, I was mesmerized by what could be if I found the right guy. Thank you for this wonderful story.

Stephanie789456Stephanie789456over 19 years ago
Loved it.

I love most of your stories, but I particularly love this one. It's a very hot story, of course, but more than that is the storyline itself. Very descriptive. You've shown his feelings exactly, you've captured that feeling.

OhMissScarlettOhMissScarlettover 19 years ago
Yay!

Carson, I think this is really my favorite or yours. I know I say that every time, but this is especially near to my heart. Everyone whose ever fallen for someone far away can certainly identify. Thanks for making me cry, again.

BlackShanglanBlackShanglanover 19 years ago
Intensely erotic

Intensity of passion is the ultimate hallmark of truly erotic literature, and this piece has it to a remarkable degree. Emotional depth and physical thrill join together perfectly here - a hot, moving read with a great finish. Carson, as he always does at his best, captures feeling with power, clarity, and beauty.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Loved it!

Anyone who has ever been in a situation like this, you've so beautifully captured the flood of emotions that are experienced. I've been waiting for another story from you, thank you for continuing to share with us.

DrusillaDrusillaover 19 years ago
Wow

Your stories are always an overwhelming combination of physical passion and emotion, and this was no exeption. Every time you post a new one, it becomes my favourite, but this story was too perfect for words. Thank you for sharing!

impressiveimpressiveover 19 years ago
"Whoever said ...

"... wanting is better than having never had shit." Oh, so true! Very nice work. ~Imp

Wicked-N-EroticWicked-N-Eroticover 19 years ago
Damn Carson!

I'm almost finished with your list of stories, which makes me sad. I'd bet you can write a recipe for mac and cheese and it'd be hot and sexy.

Wicked

rikaaimrikaaimover 19 years ago
True

The toughest challenge a writter has is to describe a feeling and put it into words. For you that is no challenge but merely a play thing for which you dance the words amongst the text. Well done and superb. I do have but one thought, that poor poor morning cleaning lady...

SadieRoseSadieRoseover 19 years ago
*shivers*

You are a brilliant writer, darling. You really get inside your characters (and I mean that in an intelligent and non-smutty way, oh yes!) which is the mark of a really talented observer and chronicler of human frailty. To put need into words and spread it across the page so that the reader can feel, hear, taste and smell it. What a gift!

xx.S

lucky-E-levenlucky-E-levenover 19 years ago
Mine, Mine, Mine

I have no excuses for why it's taken me so long to peek at your work, but I do have regrets after reading this story. I wish I would have read it sooner. It's been a long time since I read a story that was so honest. I really appreciated the bold moments of raw lust, the frustrating moments of self-doubt, the angry moments of honest guilt. I might have to go back and read it again because I'm torn between my feeling that this was written in a fairly quick burst of impassioned thought and the feeling that it was written as methodically as the build-up of the characters within. Perhaps both. Great work, Carson. I look forward to reading more of your work.

~lucky

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
"...My ego fades without pain..."

glorious.

Penelope StreetPenelope Streetalmost 19 years ago
Bittersweet perfection

A haunting portrayal of the helplessness that too often comes with being in love.

SvenskaflickaSvenskaflickaover 18 years ago
I'm crying, and it's all your fault!

Not only was that sexy, but also beautiful. I could picture it in my head like a movie. I'm all touched now.

Tom CollinsTom Collinsover 18 years ago
Damn, carson!

I just hope I learn to write as well as you do!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Who thinks adultery is a good idea?

I kept waiting for there to be some kind of twist or something that would offset the sheer selfish evil of the narrator. The idea that an adulterer could ever be trusted again, or find happiness is very questionable. Why you thought any of your schmaltz loving readers would like a story of betrayal, is beyond me.

hollieVhollieVabout 18 years ago
The real online fantasy...

...finding both lover and savior. Beautifully written.

I could feel the ache.

hollieVhollieVabout 18 years ago
Thermometer Correction

Should have been 100 below....would have given more than that if I could.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Another degree

Should make the scale 1,2,3,4,5...then carsonshepard. I don't think anyone else would receive that one. You are the best I've ever read. I've felt compelled to leave a comment on almost all of your stories, and am crushed to find myself at the end. Please continue to write. ~R

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
great story

I really enjoyed your story thank you for sharing :)

EtoileEtoileabout 17 years ago
Mind-blowing

This was totally awesome. I seriously love this one. It's going on my favorites list.

quintessentialquillquintessentialquillabout 17 years ago
Very Hot

This story is really, really good. You described the emotions - the longing - of the protagonist perfectly. I love reading stories that are sizzling hot, but with depth. This one had it all. I'll definitely be reading more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Beautiful!

This was wonderful! are you going to write a sequel?

nz_marienz_mariealmost 17 years ago
beautiful love story

I read this months ago but felt I needed to read it again and its just as wonderful as the first time. I know its been years since you wrote this, but it would be just fantastic if you continued it to what happened when he went to England. Please consider a part 2 :)

cheers, Marie

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
loved it!

Loved it! Rich with emotions. I've experenced the lure and unbeleavable connection with another online...and he's a Scot...the ties to 'real life' that cause pause and the conditions you place on a meeting. Beautifully written. Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
KEATS WAS RIGHT !

A thing of beauty, really ! Congratulations! No other author I know can combine such erotic degree to such soul deep feelings. A work of art, for short !

rosmarinarosmarinaabout 14 years ago
incredible

The emotion was so convincing and raw. Incredible job on this story.

cpm09cpm09almost 14 years ago
bloody amazing!!

You are so frigging good!! That was one of the best!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
No sequel?

There should really be a sequel. Or at least a prologue. Just a little more, please??

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
yeah,

where's the chapter 2? :) please please pretty please? :)

NenneNenneover 12 years ago
Gorgeous!

I loved that Chris admitted his true feelings to himself throughout their time together and that he admits them to Connor as well.

This was perfect. No chapter two or epilogue is needed.

SoullessCynnerSoullessCynnerover 12 years ago

This was beautiful. I really, really, REALLY hate cheaters, but I actually liked this story. I hope Chris and Conor live happily ever after together. Love is so beautiful, and anybody lucky enough to find that special person should do damn near anything to keep him/her. I give this story 5 stars.

Dolphin89Dolphin89over 12 years ago
HOT HOT HOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Would love to read more. Well written. The BEST I have read in a long time.

I REALLY want you to continue the story. Would be great to see how it turns

out. PRETTY PLEASE!!!!

Dolphin89Dolphin89over 12 years ago
HOT HOT HOT!!!!!!!!!!

Would love to read more. Well written. The BEST I have read in a long time.

I REALLY want you to continue the story. Would be great to see how it turns

out. PRETTY PLEASE!!!! Wondering as well, why you haven't written anything

in a while? You are a really good writer....

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
perfection.

This is absolutely amazing. The way you write; your voice is fantastic. Would love to read more about these two. Please continue.<3

seahavenseahavenabout 12 years ago

Absolutely beautiful. The ending made me cry, not gonna lie. Please, please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Hate cheating

But damn, this was a passionate story. Like how Chris thought a one-off would cure his lust but it only made him decide to give up his whole life to be with Conor. Would've liked to read Steven's side of the story too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
This is me...

...and my Englishman. Only, he didn't wait for me. He married another woman. Life sucks...

You told this one very well!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
agreed

the idea of cheating makes me sick... but hot damn boy if that isn't the best thing i've ever read!

Now i'll go grab my man of six years and screw him senseless. we still have furnace fire.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Well written, but why does it have to be based on infidelity? I'm not hoping he's gonna have great sex, I'm hoping his dick is gonna fall off - ruins the story a bit, yes?

bdismukesbdismukesover 9 years ago
More?

Please tell me there is more? Kinda crappy to end it this way.

erotikpassionserotikpassionsalmost 9 years ago
Well....

Am not going to vote on this one, I don't know why I feel so conflicted about the whole thing. The creation is beyond perfect but the story feels too much like what happens I.R.L for my comfort. You are a totally awesome writer and I love your stories including this one. I know I'd be crashed emotionally if you wrote this from Steve's P.O.V but I am sure I'd be stubbornly biased and love that version better than this one. I like Connor though I can't help but dislike Chris...okay, done hating you Carson....

canndcanndover 8 years ago
good stuff

i wish we got the second part of this. Do they get together? Do they make it work?

mrsbearmrsbearover 8 years ago
Almost

I'm almost glad there isn't another story concerning these two. I'm afraid that reality would hit Chris either before he left or after he was with Conor and he'd realize that he couldn't do it anymore; that it was too hard.

But this way, this way I get to imagine MY ending...

Conor checks his phone as soon as he lands and is shocked but beyond ecstatic that Chris is coming to him. He immediately sends a reply back and within a few weeks time Conor is meeting Chris at the airport. They reunite like long lost lovers...and they live happily ever after.

Yep...that's what happens. *sigh* In this story, love does conquer all.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous