Spoils of Victory: A New Beginning

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Great," I said. "What?"

Julie smiled. "Wait and see. Tomorrow?"

"What about tomorrow?"

"We have the boat from noon. I've arranged to be off work until Tuesday, so there's no rush. When do you want to go?"

I grinned. "Noon."

Julie smiled. "Good. I want to be on board as soon as I can, too. I'm really looking forward to this."

"Me too. What do you want to do about meals? The lake isn't so big that we can't be somewhere that can feed us in the evenings."

"I know, but I want to treat it as an adventure, a voyage. Silly, I know." Julie shrugged, but her eyes were bright.

"Then that's the way it goes," I said. "I'll collect you at ten in the morning and we'll get our supplies. If we're treating it as a voyage, I guess we're sleeping on board?"

"Or on a beach, like you suggested."

"In that case, I bring the sleeping-bags."

"Yes, please. For now, would you open the first bottle of wine?"

The meal was fun, as we discussed what we'd do. We agreed to look in at Teal Island. After all, that was where we met. For the rest of the time, we'd explore the islands and bays of the lake and just enjoy ourselves. Despite Julie's objections, I insisted on helping with the washing-up and at nine we were relaxing in the living room, the second bottle of wine opened and a fresh glassful each at hand. Julie was humming quietly along with Borodin's 'Polovtsian Dances' and I leaned back, content just to be with her.

"Bob?"

"Hmm?"

"Aunt Eleanor phoned this evening, about half an hour before you arrived."

"Oh yeah. Anything important?"

Julie was avoiding my eyes. She shrugged. "I'm not sure. She gave me a message for you."

"She did? What?"

"She said to tell you she was staying in New York indefinitely."

I nodded. "She say why?" I was curious, certainly not disturbed. Eleanor and I had had fun, but I knew it was over.

"Keeping away from Dan, she said." Julie cocked her head, smiling at me. "You don't seem too bothered."

I smiled back at her and shrugged. "To be honest, I'm not. She was fun, and a damned good lover, but she made it pretty clear that what we had was over."

"You don't mind?"

"No, Julie, I don't. Like I said, she was a damned good lover, and that I'll miss, for a while at least."

Julie chuckled. "That's what she said about you. 'A damned good lover.' Her exact words."

I felt obscurely pleased to be so described by a woman like Eleanor. "Nice of her."

"She likes you. So do I."

"And I like you. Both of you. But Eleanor's in New York, and you're here, so we'll forget Eleanor, okay?"

Julie smiled. "Okay."

We sat for a moment, just enjoying the music. I glanced at Julie, just as she looked across at me. She smiled, but didn't say anything. I realized that I was simply enjoying her company for its own sake. Yes, I'd like to take it further. I thought of her naked loveliness as I'd seen her at Teal Island, one of the loveliest women I'd ever had the pleasure of seeing unclothed, and I wanted her. But, too, I knew she'd been hurt by the mysterious Chuck, whoever he was, so there was no way I was going to force myself on Julie. If it happened, and goodness knows I wanted it to, I wasn't going to take the chance of hurting her, so it would happen on her terms.

"Penny for them?" said Julie.

I told her part of what I was thinking. "I was just thinking of Teal Island."

"Oh, dear," said Julie, flushing, but she was smiling and her eyes were sparkling.

"Hey," I said. "Good memories."

"Ah," she said, "but me, or Aunt Eleanor?"

I gave her a rueful smile. "Both."

"I can see why you'd remember Aunt Eleanor, but why me?"

I told her the truth. "Because you are the loveliest creature I've ever seen naked."

She stared at me for a long, long moment, then smiled. "Thank you, Bob, for not pretending it was some other reason."

I shrugged. "I much prefer to tell the truth when I can." At first I thought I'd said the wrong thing as Julie's face clouded, but she reached out and took my hand.

"I think I should tell you about Chuck," she said, gnawing at her lip.

I took her other hand, making her face me. "You don't have to, you know?"

"I know. Bob, I want to. I like you, I like you a lot, and I don't want to hide anything from you. We're going to be alone together all weekend." She flushed, and gestured helplessly. "If anything happens, I'd like you to know the emotional baggage that goes with me."

"Julie, it doesn't matter, not to me. You're you, the girl I met last week. The girl who gets up in front of a crowd and sings like an angel, the girl who has friends like Ellen who threaten me with mayhem if I do anything to hurt you, the girl whose Aunt Eleanor told me to look after. As far as I'm concerned you're a blank canvas, with the details slowly coming into focus. And I like those details, they're good. So, like I say, you don't need to tell me anything, but if you feel you must, I'll listen, okay?"

"Ellen threatened you?"

I smiled. "She threatened to have me skinned, alive, if I hurt you."

Julie giggled. "That sounds like Ellen." She sobered. "Bob, I'm twenty-four, I met Chuck Elson when I was only nineteen. He's a good-looking bastard, so at first I was really attracted to him. We dated, off and on, for a couple of years. I was in no rush to settle down, and I was dating other guys. Anyway, I was still at college, singing a bit with Ellen, and I was enjoying life. Chuck graduated, got a good job and started to make some real money. He started asking me out more often, until people started to see us as a couple. I wasn't a virgin when I met him, and we were lovers, too. He asked me to move in with him. I'd just graduated, I thought I was in love, and I said yes." Julie sighed and looked across at me. "Big mistake."

I didn't say anything, just gestured for her to continue. She was still holding my hand and her grip was tight. "It was great at first, but then I started to notice things. I have a habit of not putting stuff away when I should, so that anywhere I am is just a little untidy. Not a lot, I'm not a total slob, just untidy. Chuck is the absolute opposite. Tidy in the extreme. At first I just accepted it, but when I found him tidying my underwear drawer I got annoyed and I let my annoyance show. He hit me." Her hand tightened convulsively on mine and I looked at her. Her face was drawn, tight, her eyes on the wall, focused miles and months away.

"He apologized immediately, of course, and we made up. He took me out to dinner, really good restaurant and we made love when we got home and everything was good, until it happened again. This time he hurt me, and I walked out on him. I asked around, mutual friends, although I suppose I should say, my friends, his acquaintances, and almost without exception they told me I'd done the right thing. I took one of them, Jan Parker, with me when I went to collect my things and she told me later that Chuck had scared her almost out of her wits. It wasn't anything he said, it was the way he was looking at me, watching me, as if I were some specimen he was dissecting in a laboratory. Anyhow, I got my stuff, and a couple of weeks later I moved out of my friend's place and into a little apartment of my own.

"A couple of weeks later the phone calls started. I was still job-hunting and I had lots of feelers out, so I always answered. But sometimes, a lot of times, it seemed like no one was there. It was spooky, and it began to creep me out. Then, when I went out, shopping, to a job interview, to see friends, whatever, I kept seeing Chuck. He never approached me, but he was there, in the background, watching me." She looked across at me. "Bob, he scared me, he really scared me, but I wasn't going to hide, and I kept going out. But it was always busy, always someone there, until once, when I was out, I had a flat on my car. I can change a wheel, and I started doing it. A car pulled up, and I thought it was someone checking I was okay, but it was Chuck. He smiled, but there was something in his eyes that scared me, and I told him to keep away, but there was no traffic around, nobody to see, and the next thing I knew he had a pad over my nose and mouth, chloroform or something and I woke up in his apartment, naked, handcuffed to the bed. He kept me there for three days, telling me I was his, that no one else was going to have me. He never hit me, never did anything to hurt me, but he kept me there, brought bedpans when I needed them, washed me, all the time telling me I was lovely, I would be happy, I would be his."

There was a taut edge in Julie's voice now, her hand gripping mine so hard it hurt, and there were tears rolling down her face. Her eyes were still fixed on the distance. I found my voice. "What happened then, Julie?"

She took a deep breath, looking at me. "I'd told Jan about seeing Chuck everywhere and when my car was found abandoned she persuaded a friend of hers, Tommy Larson, that I was in trouble. Tommy's a locksmith, and if he wasn't honest as the day is long, he'd probably be an excellent thief, because Jan and Tommy broke into Chuck's apartment when they knew he wasn't there, looking for me. They found me, naked, handcuffed to the bed, and gagged so I couldn't yell for help." Julie took another deep breath and went on. "I'm lucky in my friends. Jan's a quick thinker and instead of trying to free me, she called the police, and they saw me the way Jan and Tommy found me. When Chuck came back, they arrested him. I think if he'd been calm things might have been different, he might have even got away with a lesser charge, but he went berserk. It took three cops to stop him from attacking Jan." Her voice trailed off and she sat, tears still rolling down her face for a long, long, moment, then turned to me again with a wan smile. "There you have it, Bob. My miserable tale."

"Thank you," I said.

"Thanks for what?" she said, bewildered.

"For trusting me enough to tell me, for trusting me enough to be alone with me." I paused. "What happened next?"

"Chuck was tried. I was called as a witness." She made a rueful face. "I didn't enjoy that, because he had a good defense lawyer and he dragged everything out of me, but my lawyer was good, too, and the truth came out, and Chuck's away for a long time. I moved out here to be away from the memories and it's been good." She smiled at me, a little shy. "Even better now, Bob." She shrugged. "There you have it, Julie's sad tale." She squeezed my hand and stood. "I must wash my face, Bob. I'll understand if you've gone when I come out."

I shook my head, smiling. "No chance."

"Why not?" she said, and I think she was trying not to look pleased.

"Because none of what you told me is your fault. You're a victim, yes, but you're a strong girl. Your Aunt Eleanor said you were, and you are, but Eleanor also said that you needed to start living again."

"She did?"

I nodded. "Yep. she sure did."

"I think I have, started living again, I mean, and I hope our weekend will show you and the rest of the world that I have, too."

I shook my head. "Julie, you have nothing to prove to me, nothing at all. I told you, you're my blank canvas, which is slowly becoming clearer. Even more so, now."

"Do you like what you see?"

"Very much. Now go wash your face. There's still half a bottle of wine here for us to finish."

When I kissed her goodnight an hour or so later, there was a definite promise in her kiss. She leaned back in the circle of my arms, looking up at me.

"See you at ten?"

"Earlier, if you want."

She shook her head. "Ten will do fine. That gives us two hours to get our supplies." She stretched up and kissed me again. "Goodnight, Bob. See you in the morning." Tension gone, I hoped. Lessened, definitely.

I have a habit of being early if it's something I'm looking forward to, and if I'd wanted I could have been at Julie's apartment shortly after nine, but I curbed my impatience and rang her bell at five to ten. By ten past we had her bag in the car and were away. Fresh and lovely, in shorts and tank top, Julie looked happy and relaxed and I vowed to do nothing to change that.

By eleven-thirty we had everything we needed and went along to the marina. Julie's friend had said noon, so we grabbed a coffee-and-a-sandwich lunch and chatted for a while. Julie was bubbling with excitement.

"Never sailed before?" I said.

She shook her head. "Never. I am so looking forward to this. I'm amazed Jack would loan me the boat, but he knows Aunt Eleanor and his only proviso was that I had someone with me who knew how to handle a sailboat. You were the only one I knew, Bob. I'm so glad I asked you. This week has been lovely, and we have a whole weekend together! When I told Jack it was you I was going with he was okay.

"Jack who?"

"Jack Foster. He says he knows you."

I nodded. "I did some work for him last year. We went out on the Lake a couple of times, but he didn't have a thirty-footer then.

"No, the cutter is new. The Katie Louise Jack calls it, after his daughters."

"I'm surprised he's not using it himself this weekend."

"There's a wedding. Katie is getting married. I think he's happy to have someone looking after the boat for the weekend."

"If you know him that well, I'm surprised you're not invited to the wedding."

Julie made a face. "Katie and I don't get on all that well. She nurses grudges."

"Well, I'm pleased you're here with me."

She grinned. "Me, too. Noon, Bob, time to collect the key. Someone called Mike Chinner has it."

"I know Mike. He runs the tackle shop."

"That's him."

Half an hour later I was easing the Katie Louise away from the dock under motor. She had wheel steering and as soon as we were clear of the crowd of other boats I had Julie take the wheel while I hoisted the sails and a few minutes later we were ghosting along under jib and main. The breeze was no more than fresh, but we weren't in a hurry to be anywhere.

We sailed for about an hour, keeping steadily along the lake. Once we passed Baggett Island we were in quieter waters, as most of the weekenders stayed close to the marina and the night life. There were only four or five other boats in sight, and those quite a long way away.

We'd been sitting quietly, just enjoying each other's company, when Julie stood. "Something to drink?"

"Please. Glass of that wine-cooler, perhaps?"

"Exactly what I was thinking. Back in a sec." Julie began to make her way below but paused, looking back at me and gnawing her lip.

"What?" I said.

"Okay if I strip? I mean, you've seen everything I've got anyway, and I like to be naked when I can." She gave a short laugh. "I only joined the Teal Island club because I was trying to regain my confidence, but I found I enjoyed the freedom."

My prick twitched and I grinned at her. "I'd welcome the reminder," I said.

Julie laughed and carried on below, returning in moments, naked and lovely, bearing two cold-dewed glasses of fresh wine cooler. She handed me one and sat down beside me again.

"You need sunblock, missie, if you're going to cavort naked."

"I guess so. Will you do my back, please?"

"That will be a pleasure. Sitting or lying?"

"If I put a blanket on the cabin roof and stretch out there?"

"Sounds good. You do that, and when you're ready I'll lock the wheel and do your back."

Julie grinned. "Great!"

I still didn't know what she did for exercise, but it was a well-toned body I was having the pleasure of oiling. I worked down from her shoulders, down her back, then paused.

"Yes, please, Bob," she murmured. "Do my butt."

Smiling, I began to rub the oil into her ass. Lovely it was, firm, rounded. As I oiled her she moved her legs apart slightly and I could see her pussy. I knew that she trimmed her fleece, as she only had a rabbit-scut tuft on her mons, and I could see that her labia were clear of hairs. I paused, easing my stiffening prick in my shorts, and carried on down Julie's long, firm, legs. Finished, I sat back on my heels. Julie half-rolled, propping herself on her elbow. She smiled at me, a little spot of color on each cheek.

"Thanks, Bob."

"My pleasure," I said, and a fleeting grin twitched her mouth, before she rolled back onto her tummy and stretched out on the cabin roof. I took the opportunity to ease my prick into a more comfortable position - again - and took stock of our surroundings. The nearest boat was probably a mile away, the nearest land maybe a quarter of that. I glanced at my watch. Almost two.

"Julie?"

She came up onto her elbow again, twisting towards me. "Yeah?"

"There's a little bay about a mile along here."

"What about it?"

"Do you want to anchor, maybe sleep there tonight? We could picnic on the beach. It's only accessible from the lake."

She grinned. "Sounds great. Maybe a swim, too?"

"That would be good, yes. Okay, how about we sail on for an hour, and then back to the bay?"

"Sounds good, Bob."

So we did. We'd been slower coming back, into the breeze, so that it was almost five when we anchored in the little bay, sheltered by a spit of land, clad in birch and pine. Behind the beach was a bluff, maybe thirty feet high, bushes and scrub pine on the top. I knew from previous trips to the lake that there was a path about a hundred yards inland. Knew, too, that our little beach couldn't be seen from the path. As I'd told Julie, access was only by water.

She'd rolled onto her back for part of the trip back, oiling her own front, grinning at me as she rubbed the sun block into her breasts. Beating back against the breeze had meant tacking and the constant direction changes had persuaded her to join me in the cockpit. She stayed naked and I couldn't help noticing that her nipples were erect, and stayed that way.

I was very conscious of the naked girl at my side, but she seemed totally unselfconscious about it and I was doing nothing to make her think about. The reality was too lovely.

"What now?" Julie said.

"Up to you. Swim first, maybe, and then we see about some food. Either cook it in the galley, or we can make a fire on the beach and cook something there."

"Swim first, definitely. Eat on the beach, and take the sleeping bags over and sleep in the open? I'd like that."

"Then you shall have it. Give me a hand with the dinghy."

"Do we need it? The food can go across in containers, and if you put the bags back into those waterproof stuff-sacks, I'll swim over on my back, hold them clear of the water. That will keep them dry."

I laughed. "I guess that will do."

"Bob?"

"Yeah?"

"If you swim to the beach naked, too, you won't need to get any of your clothes wet." Her smile was innocence personified, but her eyes were nervous.

I laughed again. "Okay, Julie, we'll do it your way."

It wasn't long before the Katie Louise was securely anchored. I'd been there before and knew that the bottom would hold the anchor, so I wasn't anxious. We loaded some food into waterproof containers and stowed them in a string bag, and put them ready while I crammed the sleeping bags into the waterproof stuff-sacks. Everything ready, I glanced at Julie. She nodded.

"Strip," she said. Her eyes never left me as I took my clothes off and bundled them into the cabin. My prick was half-hard, I couldn't help it, and her eyes flickered over it, but she said nothing, although there was colour in her cheeks. "How do we do this?" she said as I came back on deck and closed the cabin door.

"You get in the water, and I'll pass the bags down to you. I'll bring the food and the rest of the stuff. There's enough air in the containers to make the bag float so I'll just tow it across."

A frown crossed her face. "I just thought. What about towels?"

I grinned. "Inside the sleeping bags. I actually remembered!"

"Okay, let's go." She vaulted over the rail and into the water, surfacing, pushing back her wet hair. "Bob, I'm just about touching the bottom. You're taller so you'll do it easily, so you bring the bags, and I'll take the food. Okay?"