Starcrossed Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
svenjolly
svenjolly
343 Followers

"Excellent," Erina said, pleased. Horace had been troubled when he had bought the matter to her attention. He had a great deal of respect for the young man, and Erina was pleased that she would be able to give him clean marks, as it were. "Thank you very much Laen. It seems you handled that with subtlety and feminine grace."

"As if I'm known for anything else?" Laen said as she rose and turned back to the door. She paused with her hand on the handle. "I intend to continue to see Victor."

Erina glanced up at this, surprised.

"I'm not sure that's wi-"

"I wasn't asking your permission," Laen said firmly, turning to look at her superior. "I... I know that I was little more than a sexual plaything for the Prince."

"Laen, you-"

"You know I'm not complaining. But the Prince's heart has always been with you. But now, with the Princess and everything, I can't imagine there will still be any, um, need for me, as far as that goes."

"I see," Erina said, standing and going to her liquor cabinet. "I'm sorry. I suppose we should have spoken about this. Join me?" Erina returned to the table with a glass for Laen as well.

"Of course."

"I... I know we should have talked, but..." Erina shrugged.

"It's alright," Laen said, sipping her liquor. "I mean, it's weird right now, but I know that's just because of the new... the new normal."

Erina rolled her eyes at that, but didn't interrupt.

"But Vic is... Well, he's just plain handsome, first of all. And he's a dear. We were just sitting out on the beach, talking. Erina, he's been... this has been a tough year for him. And I... I want something, someone, for myself."

"Well, then I can hardly tell you no. Let this that I have bought together not be torn asunder," Erina intoned, waving her hand in the air like Priestess of Kaledon. "I just ask that you be careful. You can't jeopardize your status, and for all the gods' sake, please be discrete."

"Oh sweet Maker you are not going to lecture me about discretion," Laen said, putting her glass aside. "I saw you on the beach this afternoon. What do you think you were doing?"

"The Princess ordered me to join them! What was I supposed to do?" Erina exclaimed, but Laen was still shaking her head in disapproval.

"Don't become her friend Erina. You'll hate yourself."

"I hate myself enough already." She slumped against the couch with a sigh. "I just don't know what I'm supposed to do now."

They sat in silence for a moment, sipping.

"What about... leaving? You know you could get any job you wanted. Maybe even private sector, go make a fortune."

"Doing what? Become a businessman? A lobbyist? Corporate espionage?"

Laen laughed at that one. But Erina was shaking her head.

"I don't know. I've been here my whole life. I've been with him nearly my whole life. And I'm just supposed to stop? I can't... I don't know how I'm supposed to do that."

"What about someone new? I know that Staff Sergeant Beram thinks your quite a-"

"I can't start dating a guard!"

"Who said anything about dating? It's called fucking. You could use some."

"Oh fuck off. I can last a fucking week without it."

"You'll manage. You're the toughest person I know. And I know a bunch of commandos and trained killers."

Erina laughed. I'll manage. How long will managing be enough?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please take a moment to vote or comment. I love to hear what people think!!

svenjolly
svenjolly
343 Followers